Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#151137 - 03/16/06 05:01 AM Jack Parson - Warlock rocket scientist
sveinerforker Offline

Is anybody here familiar with Jack Parsons? I see him as surpassing Alester Crowley. If you have any opinions of Parsons, post it here..

#151138 - 03/16/06 06:09 AM Re: Jack Parson - Warlock rocket scientist [Re: sveinerforker]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>>
Is anybody here familiar with Jack Parsons? I see him as surpassing Alester Crowley. If you have any opinions of Parsons, post it here.. <<

He was undoubtably instrumental in the development of rocket propulsion systems and America's space programme.

He was a scientific genius.

However, also going by the name Frater Thelemum Obtentum Procedero Amoris Nuuptiae, the occultnik fruitcake spent much of his time pursuing his "Babalon Working." This was an enterprise by which he intended to create a "moonchild" - an elemental being which would personify in the form of a female who he considered to be the new messiah.

Working on a secret experiment in his garage, he blew himself to pieces on June 17th 1952.

So in effect, he was not a Warlock. In fact, he was a bit of a twat!

Good riddance to another mystical loony tune.

#151139 - 03/16/06 06:46 AM Re: Jack Parson - Warlock rocket scientist [Re: sveinerforker]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
I see him as surpassing Alester Crowley.

In what manner? Both have areas in their lives that are worthy of much ridicule.

#151140 - 03/16/06 08:30 AM Re: Jack Parson - Warlock rocket scientist [Re: sveinerforker]
Lust Offline

Lets see Parsons blew himself up, and Crowley was a drug addict.
Maybe Parsons death was less painful, but did he ever climb a mountain?
Hail Satan!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#151141 - 03/16/06 09:52 AM Re: Jack Parson - Warlock rocket scientist [Re: sveinerforker]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
I think L. Ron Hubbard surpassed both of them.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#151142 - 03/16/06 10:33 AM Re: Jack Parson - Warlock rocket scientist [Re: Mason_Rust]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Well, you have to admit, blowing yourself up is cooler than dying broke and drug-addled. It's also quicker, so your dignity doesn't drip away bit by bit as the days tick by.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#151143 - 03/16/06 10:59 AM Re: Jack Parson - Warlock rocket scientist [Re: Lust]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>Lets see Parsons blew himself up, and Crowley
>>was a drug addict.

And to think, Richard Pryor was able to cover both! Even so, Pryor's work has enriched my life much more than those other two.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#151144 - 03/16/06 12:51 PM Re: Jack Parson - Warlock rocket scientist [Re: sveinerforker]
ElJago Offline

Loc: Northumberland, England
I'll see your Parson and Crowley and raise you a certain Mr Nikola Tesla !

From an innovation, mad scientist, let's try this and see if we wipe out the galaxy point of view ! Tesla was the man, he still hasn't got the credit he deserves.

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

#151145 - 03/16/06 01:20 PM Re: Jack Parson - Warlock rocket scientist [Re: sveinerforker]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
Crowley and Parsons were both ridiculous people. Very book smart, very charismatic, but just plain ridiculous. Good riddence to both of them.

#151146 - 03/16/06 01:21 PM Re: Jack Parson - Warlock rocket scientist [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Quote:

a female who he considered to be the new messiah.

Let me put you in the picture
Let me show you what I mean
The messiah is my sister
Ain't no king man she's my queen

~ Love Spreads, The Stone Roses

Was coincidentally playing as I read this post. More on topic, was he intending this as the Whore of Babylon, then?

Quote:

Working on a secret experiment in his garage, he blew himself to pieces on June 17th 1952.

Fantastic! He should have "Faustus" added in with that string of pseudo-occult names

#151147 - 03/16/06 01:31 PM Re: Jack Parson - Warlock rocket scientist [Re: sveinerforker]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Although Parsons' work with Aerojet was kind of an inspiration for
my desire to seek out work in the Defense Industry, his "at home"
personality left a lot to be desired. He let Ron Hubbard steal his
wife and his money; he was easily swayed by people's opinions of
him (Crowley) and he broke the trust of his nation's government by
mishandling top-secret documents.

I know that we all have out little flaws but geez, this guy as a role
model for his occultist dabblings? C'mon!

#151148 - 03/16/06 01:34 PM Re: Jack Parson - Warlock rocket scientist [Re: sveinerforker]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

He made undeniably important contributions to space travel and earned a place in scientific history.

He also believed in some utter bullshit - and ultimately and literally blew himself up.

His life ain't an "either/or" thing in my book.

Neither unalloyed admiration or contempt.

Wild and crazy shades of gray.

#151149 - 03/16/06 02:07 PM Re: Jack Parson - Warlock rocket scientist [Re: ElJago]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Three cheers for Nikola Tesla. Crazy-brilliant. Or, brilliant-crazy.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#151150 - 03/16/06 02:28 PM Re: Jack Parson - Warlock rocket scientist [Re: ElJago]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Texas
Tesla was a genius even though his methods were controversial and unconventional but he suffered from mental illness, not uncommon among such people and at times could be quite confused by his own thoughts and practices, however his views on extraterrestrial intelligence were quite fascinating.

#151151 - 03/16/06 02:35 PM Re: More On Parsons [Re: Linguascelesta]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> was he intending this as the Whore of Babylon, then? <<

Together with L. Ron Hubbard he began the "working" in 1946. The ritual that was supposed to give birth to this "moonchild" employed Enochian, a dagger he claimed to have consecrated, various astrological bunkum, the lesser key of Solomon and an angel he claimed to have invoked.

A few months later he met and became involved in a sexual relationship with Marjorie Elizabeth Cameron for whom he made a protective talisman and proclaimed her to be this "moonchild" - the messiah, the result of the Babalon working.

It appears that he thought "Babalon" was actually a discarnate entity who instructed him to perform this working and he thus named the ritual after this "being."

"Babalon" returned to him in 1948 and instructed Parsons to undertake an oath denying the material world and to unite himself with the universe.

Which he did shortly afterwards when he vapourized himself in the explosion in his garage.

A complete and utter occultnik fruitcake.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12085 Members
73 Forums
43861 Topics
405444 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements