Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#151199 - 03/16/06 12:34 PM Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic?
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Texas
For those who have tattoo’s and body piercing’s, what do you think about this article? It got my attention but I have to say I disagree with it completely and I personally find it hilarious and ignorant but hey… maybe that is just me.

web page

#151200 - 03/16/06 12:57 PM Re: Are tattoos and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Vaguley amusing in his ignorance.

Quote:

The wearing of earrings by men on the left side is a signal that one is a “homosexual” and the wearing of it on the right side is a sign that one is promiscuous.

It is My understanding that wearing an earring on the right side is a signal that one is homosexual. A man with an earring on the left side, and not the right, is generally straight. As for those who have earrings in both sides, I've met both homosexual and heterosexual men with this arrangement. That's how it is in the gay culture in this country, at least.

Quote:

The tattoos, also, are placed on the skin ignorantly and sometimes as a fashion. However, research shows that tattoo is satanic.

What research?

Quote:

It is done in the eastern religion and in the ancient days as a mark of association with satanic worship.

What Eastern religion? The only "traditional tattooing" that comes to mind regarding Eastern culture at least is that of the Yakuza; hardly religious. Perhaps I am overlooking something, though.

What, exactly, is Satanic worship?

Quote:

I therefore, recommend that we follow the dictates of the Bible and lead a godly life.

Oky doky, have fun.

Quote:

I urge that we desist from blindly following others and be ourselves.

Wait, but he just said follow the dictates of the Bible, now he's saying be Satanic...

Quote:

In this.

He added this as an afterthought. Perhaps he realised his hypocrisy?

#151201 - 03/16/06 01:05 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
The thing is, xtians and especially fundamental xtians can find anything to be "Satanic". The Harry Potter series is Satanic according to them. The article is clearly written by one of those.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#151202 - 03/16/06 01:14 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: dragondancer]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Actually, dragondancer, I am also of the opinion that the Harry Potter books are somewhat Satanic. More specifically - I think the character of Lord Voldemort is very Satanic, along with a few (but most certainly not all) other "baddies".

There's a reason all the Christian bookstores and whatnot are pimping the Chronicles of Narnia yet tried to bring down the wrath of the omnipresent, omniscient, and impotent father upon the Harry Potter series

#151203 - 03/16/06 01:15 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
DataLore Offline

Loc: Holodeck 3
How did you manage to "stumble" across that article Miss Scarlet?

#151204 - 03/16/06 01:17 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
My boyfriend has several tattoos, and a couple of piercings, and I'm dead frickin' positively without a doubt SURE that he is NOT gay. I personally only have my ears pierced, and have since I was four years old, but I have no tattoos. I might get one, I might not, but I'M the Satanist in my relationship with my boyfriend, and HE'S the one with the ink and piercings. Making broad generalizations about ANYTHING that has to do with how people decorate their bodies is a mistake, and we all know that. In a perfect world, the morons that write these types of articles would know that too. Besides, even if tattoos and piercings are Satanic, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THAT???
Thank you for presenting this article, Scarlet. It made me laugh at the very least.

#151205 - 03/16/06 01:45 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: DataLore]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Texas
Max, dear, you should know that I stumble on many things such as this during my days, and many more are sent to me by what I would term, well meaning folks of questionable motives.

#151206 - 03/16/06 02:04 PM Re: Are tattoos and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Linguascelesta]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I've asked several people about the "X ring in X ear signifies homosexuality" thing, and I've gotten a variety of answers. There doesn't seem to be "an answer" anymore.

Leviticus 19:28 forbids tattooing. Curious how that person didn't seem to know that, and chose a roundabout way of arguing against tattooing.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#151207 - 03/16/06 02:15 PM Re: Are tattoos and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: TrojZyr]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

It mustn't be so well-set into cultural tradition in America, then - it certainly is here.

Here, I'm not going off hearsay, but upon personal verification and observation in gay bars and other dens of "gay culture".

I feel I'm going to get a smack from Agent Malebranche here as I expect he'll pop in to say that "gay culture" is an oxymoron, but hey To be honest, I agree at least in part with such statements that he's made here and other places... Popular gay culture can be shockingly herdish indeed; part, but not all, of the reason I've only ever made fun excursions into it, and never actually embraced it for Myself.

#151208 - 03/16/06 02:47 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
There is nothing surprising in this article, if it can really be called that. There is nothing novel about ignorant Christians; they are the norm. One thing that ignorant Christians (indeed, most "believers" of any kind) love is devil-hunting. They want to believe that things are "evil" so that they may crusade against them. Tattoos, heavy metal, homosexuals, Harry Potter; it doesn't matter. It makes them feel special, like they are doing "God's work". They love the feeling of being victims and martyrs for the same reason. They are weak and empty, so they use their self-righteous bullshit to attempt to fill the void. They keep doing it because it doesn't work for long. They are frail husks of human beings, and nothing can change that.

#151209 - 03/16/06 03:09 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: dragondancer]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
>>The article is clearly written by one of those.

And not suprisingly, it's about as accurate and up to date as their articles against "Twisted Sister, STYX, Blue Oyster Cult, and other bands that the youth listens to today". Especially on that whole left/right ear piercing thing.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#151210 - 03/16/06 03:41 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Linguascelesta]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

Actually, dragondancer, I am also of the opinion that the Harry Potter books are somewhat Satanic. More specifically - I think the character of Lord Voldemort is very Satanic, along with a few (but most certainly not all) other "baddies".

There's a reason all the Christian bookstores and whatnot are pimping the Chronicles of Narnia yet tried to bring down the wrath of the omnipresent, omniscient, and impotent father upon the Harry Potter series

Yes, I know, I believe we already had the whole Harry Potter discussion in regards to how it relates to Satanism. The xtians, however, think it is Harry Potter and his croonies that are Satanic.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#151211 - 03/16/06 03:45 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
This doesn't surprise me.

Frankly, I'm not even sure why you bothered to post it.

Don't get me wrong, it was worth a chuckle but it's not something I'd consider important.

I expect it.

Ignorance is a way of life for some people, some don't even know they're ignorant.

It's not my job to correct their ignorance. I'm not going to worry about it either.

This is the type of thing that makes me laugh. Then I'll walk away and forget all about it.

#151215 - 03/16/06 04:18 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Lust Offline

I have many Tattoo's, and piercing's on my body.
I found this article to be boring, ignorant, and pretentious.
IT is my personal opinion that any type of body modification is Satanic.
To be pleased with ones flesh, and to pay it homage is a Satanic quality that I am proud to indulge.
To me the author of this article is frustrated that other Christians are participating in worldly (Tattoo, and piercing's) indulgences.
Thanks for the laugh.
Hail Satan!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#151216 - 03/16/06 04:23 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Bill_M]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Especially on that whole left/right ear piercing thing.

What exactly is that whole right/left ear ring thing anyways? What are the accurate meanings, if I may ask?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements