Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#151217 - 03/16/06 04:30 PM Re: Are tattoos and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: CWH]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
In Britain at least, a man whose left ear is pierced is almost always a man who considers himself heterosexual. A man whose right ear is pierced is almost always a man who considers himself homosexual. This tradition is so universally understood amongst the "gay culture" that a male hetero here or male homo here who gets one ear pierced is invariably very careful to get the correct ear pierced, lest the incorrect message be conveyed.

Logically, both a man's ears being pierced should be a statement of bisexuality, one would think, but practically, it's not - both homo and hetero men sometimes have both ears pierced, and I can't off the top of My head recall ever personally encountering a bisexual man with both ears pierced.

That's how it works here. From what has been stated by TrojZyr above (or below, in threaded mode), it may not be the same in America.

For the record, I personally have tattoos down one thigh*, and no piercings. I might consider getting an ear pierced. I don't know which ear, though, being bisexual Myself, and whichever ear I might get pierced would falsely scream out hetero or homo, and I wouldn't get both pierced as (My opinion only; no offence to any gentlemen here who have both pierced) having both pierced looks crap on men.

*I have the Japanese mantra "Masakatsu Agatsu" in kanji. Translated, "True Victory, Self Victory", which I consider a reflection of My character, although I interpret these words slightly differently to how they were (probably) intended.

Edited by Linguascelesta (03/16/06 04:42 PM)

#151219 - 03/16/06 04:47 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Quote:

For those who have tattoo’s and body piercing’s, what do you think about this article? It got my attention but I have to say I disagree with it completely and I personally find it hilarious and ignorant but hey… maybe that is just me.
web page

Shit.

And here I thought I was getting out of the whole hellfire and damnation thing...

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#151220 - 03/16/06 04:49 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Quaark]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

The same in America, as far as I know.

When I had my (left) ear pierced, the young lady who did it made very sure I understood the "message" involved beforehand.

I'd no idea about all that, before she explained it.

Ah, I see.

Thank both you gentlemen for the info.

i personally think that is extremely silly to have to make sure you have your ear ring on a certain side of your head in order to maintain sexual perverence integrity (in the eyes of others).

Well, once I get out of the Marines and decided to get my ear peirced, I'll be sure to get it done on my "non-gay" ear.

#151223 - 03/16/06 05:17 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Quaark]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Ha!

Yes,sir!

That was definitely a typo!!

I can type pretty fast but have a bad habit of having a slight lack of attention to detail.

But...I am glad that I could make you laugh!

#151224 - 03/16/06 05:36 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Felstorm]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
No one will be saved from it!

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#151226 - 03/16/06 08:10 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: dragondancer]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Quote:

Yes, I know, I believe we already had the whole Harry Potter discussion in regards to how it relates to Satanism. The xtians, however, think it is Harry Potter and his croonies that are Satanic.

Personally, I don't think the fundies know who are the "goodies" and the "baddies" in Harry Potter books. All they know is the books are about magic and witches, therefore it must be Evil.

#151227 - 03/16/06 08:17 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Old_Pig]
DataLore Offline

Loc: Holodeck 3
Just the same as there is no "Good" witch in The Wizard of Oz. When growing up in the neighborhood there was (believe it or not) a catholic family that would not let their children watch The Wizard of Oz because it had a "good" witch in it. Needless to say us neighborhood kids made fun of their kids.

Edited to add substance

Edited by Maximilian (03/16/06 08:29 PM)

#151228 - 03/16/06 08:20 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Old_Pig]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

Quote:

Yes, I know, I believe we already had the whole Harry Potter discussion in regards to how it relates to Satanism. The xtians, however, think it is Harry Potter and his croonies that are Satanic.

Personally, I don't think the fundies know who are the "goodies" and the "baddies" in Harry Potter books. All they know is the books are about magic and witches, therefore it must be Evil.

Absolutely. Just say the word magic and they get their little panties all in a wad. It's sort of like yelling "BOO" at someone in a house of horrors, the way they react.

The thinking goes something like this. If you read those Harry Potter books, get a tatoo or piercing, or listen to metal music, you are flirting with Satan Himself. Your eternal soul is in mortal danger! Muuuaaahaaahaaah

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#151229 - 03/16/06 08:37 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: DataLore]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I recommend you read "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire to truly find out which of them was the "good" witch.

#151230 - 03/16/06 09:04 PM What's the "gay ear" again? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
As usual, they don't even take the time to do a little research before writting their crap.

The left-ear or right-ear piercing thing is kind of a "non-written rule" that have been around for long time. I found it's used in different countries and cultures. But still some times you find someone who pierced the "wrong" ear for his orientation.

They never made a rule for bisexuals. I guess you have to wear the piercing on your nose!

#151231 - 03/16/06 09:08 PM Re: Are tattoos and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Lust]
Dak Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Somewhere else
Quote:

IT is my personal opinion that any type of body modification is Satanic.
To be pleased with ones flesh, and to pay it homage is a Satanic quality that I am proud to indulge.

I second the opinion!
"High proof ye now have given to be the race of Satan, for I glory in the name Antagonist of heaven's almighty king, amply have merited of me of all Th'infernal empire that so near heaven's door triumphal with triumphal act have met, mine with this glorious work, and made one realm, Hell and this world one realm, one contintent of easy thoroughfare." - Satan, Paradise Lost

#151232 - 03/16/06 09:38 PM Re: Are tattoo&#8217;s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Lust]
Neko Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

IT is my personal opinion that any type of body modification is Satanic.

I think it's the intent behind it and not the act itself thats important. I can think of many people right off the top of myhead that do body modification not to celebrate their flesh, but as a knee jerk reaction to be "cool".

The Temple | The Elite

#151233 - 03/17/06 06:12 AM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Just as a side note, take a look at Fakir Musafar's website. This man has been modifying people's bodies for fifty years! It's a little more than just ears though.

Fakir Musafar

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#151234 - 03/17/06 09:56 AM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
those people are fools, whomever wrote the article. myself personally have my labret, lip, eyebrow and one ear pierced and i can personally say it was not following the crowd. i did it for 2 reasons; reason one was personal preference as i like having them there and couldnt care less what others think about me for having done this. reason two was a rather crude and simple excuse as to why i would pierce my own face, and that was just out of sheer boredom. now as for this being a sign of a satanist? i scoff at the ignorance of these people, plain and simply. this is in my belief, another person trying to stifle or scare off people from doing what they want. i say if they like being pierced, then so be it, let them do it and go along on your own path and pay no attention if it bothers you. if they do it to "be cool", then let the sheep join the herd. it shouldnt matter what others think it represents.
Hail Satan!

#151235 - 03/17/06 10:29 AM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Leo_V Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cleveland
The only redeeming feature of this article is it's length.

It was so obviously written by a fundamentalist Christian, and quite dated to say the least.

Last I heard, the left or right earring thing went out in the seventies.

I've had both of my ears pierced for almost 20 years now - so I'm a promiscuous homosexual? Well, I'll admit to one of those distinctions!

I wonder what this writer thinks of a tattoo of a cross.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
11895 Members
73 Forums
43649 Topics
404214 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements