Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#151236 - 03/17/06 10:31 AM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
ebmetalcraft Offline

Loc: Northern California
Amusing to say the least. I'm sure the author is quite an expert on the subject matter.

If I were reading this on paper and not via the internet I'm sure I would place this by the commode for future use but not as reading material.

#151237 - 03/17/06 12:16 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: CWH]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
A) That was a really good typo

B) I can neither confirm or deny the earring thing. I would never read it as a signal for anything, and I think most people are so confused about it that it doesn't matter. I never understood the ear piercing on guys thing anyway, though I've always thought that those 3-6 rings on the back of one ear were kinda cool.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:

In the latter part of the 20th century, some Americans and Europeans adopted the convention that when a man pierced just one of his ears, it symbolized his being gay. In some circles, it was the left ear, while in others, the right; in the United Kingdom, for example, pierced left ears are relatively common and don't indicate any particular sexual leaning, while pierced right ears are sometimes seen as an indication of homosexuality.

Men with bilateral ear piercings were relatively rare, and were sometimes interpreted as effeminate or bisexual. However, the convention tended to vary from one region to the next, and was not always followed. Sometimes, men would pierce a particular side to symbolize their preferred role in a relationship (see hanky code), or for personal style preference. Since the early 1990s, the concept has largely lost its signficance (bmezine.com).

I really do think the gay ear thing all goes back to George Michael, and people trying to dissociate themselves from:

C) Just keep handkercheifs out of your back pockets--especially red ones, and you should be fine.

Edited by Agt_Malebranche (03/17/06 12:17 PM)

#151238 - 03/17/06 12:37 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Oldsoul Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: California
Quote:

C) Just keep handkercheifs out of your back pockets--especially red ones, and you should be fine.

At least out of the right back pocket for sure!

"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor bastard die for his country." General George S. Patton

#151239 - 03/17/06 10:21 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Oldsoul]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
Ouch.

#151240 - 03/17/06 11:30 PM Re: I must be ahead of the game [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Dark_Adept Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: High Hades
hehe as formerly stated in the subject matter... I must be ahead of the game. Not only am I satanic because of my tats, but I must really be a hellion because I have a branding too Cool, the Xians haven't gotten hip to my kind yet! muahahahahahaha!!!

#151241 - 03/18/06 02:38 AM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
demonpurr13 Offline

Loc: Arizona/USA
haha quite funny actually.. it amazes me daily how retarded people can be.. i think that article needs to be in the Inquirer with some neat pics attatched with it to show americans exactly what they are trying to portray..

#151242 - 03/18/06 05:21 AM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Maya]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
Quote:

One thing that ignorant Christians (indeed, most "believers" of any kind) love is devil-hunting. They want to believe that things are "evil" so that they may crusade against them. Tattoos, heavy metal, homosexuals, Harry Potter; it doesn't matter. It makes them feel special, like they are doing "God's work".

I totally agree with you Maya!

What I find amusing is whenever I get approached by one of these morons to tell me my pentagram/heavy metal t-shirt/tattoos/etc are 'satanic' they don't actually know what they're talking about, and have no proper arguement to back their beliefs. In my experience they either throw quotes from the bible at me, or fall back on saying 'my church/priest/god said so'. Often I freak them out because I know more about the history and meaning of, for example, pentagrams than they do, which tends to make them go away and not bother me agaain!

#151243 - 03/18/06 05:31 AM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: dragondancer]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
Quote:

The thinking goes something like this. If you read those Harry Potter books, get a tatoo or piercing, or listen to metal music, you are flirting with Satan Himself. Your eternal soul is in mortal danger! Muuuaaahaaahaaah

Oh well, that's me completely shafted then!

Anyway as someone (can't remember who) said in relation to fundies - If heaven is full of people like that, I'll take Hell anyday!"

#151244 - 03/18/06 06:51 AM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: DarkApollyon]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
Nearly a third of people aged 25 to 34 in the UK have a tattoo, a survey has found.
More of those with tattoos (17%) work in media and marketing than do in the Armed forces (9%).
Source: BBC

#151245 - 03/18/06 08:15 AM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: CWH]
luciferHammer Offline
Banned

Why not putting it on the ear you like. Or on both, for what that matter. Unless putting it on the wrong side can be very dangerous where you live...

#151246 - 03/18/06 12:25 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
So nice of them to waste their time on writing that utter nonsense. Actually it's so nice that I can do but one thing for them; NOT read it.
Although I like a good laugh now and then I prefer to laugh and be amazed with something special, something that has some thought put into it. Just from the sound of your post I can imagine the whole article and what it's like. Not worth my time.

#151247 - 03/18/06 12:37 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Quaark]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
I remember hearing about the whole ear pearcing/homosexual thing back in grade school but could never remember which ear it was supposed to be. Anyways, even back then I always just treated it as a rumor with no validity. It seems that perhaps there is some validity afterall.

I don't plan on piercing my ear(s) so it doesn't affect me at all - so I don't really care.

SETI@Home Team

#151248 - 03/18/06 03:34 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Wow. That was almost comedic.

I thought it was against Christian belief to go around persecuting
and passing judgement?

Fucking hypocrites.

#151249 - 03/18/06 09:32 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Globe_Dasher Offline

Loc: U.S.
Quote:

I therefore, recommend that we follow the dictates of the Bible and lead a godly life. I urge that we desist from blindly following others and be ourselves.

This seems to be a contradiction. If a group were to 'desist from blindly following others and be [them]selves', wouldn't that be a little more on the Satanic side? Also, if they 'follow the dictates of the [Holy] Bible and lead a godly life', doesn't that contradict the first statement?

How can one follow the dictates of the Bible and be themselves? Unless it's The Satanic Bible.

However, these things are Satanic. Any ornamentation is opposed to what 'God's will' because it is earthly, but that is just how I see it.

#151250 - 03/19/06 12:33 PM Re: Are tattoo&#8217;s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Neko]
Lust Offline

I would like to watch the guy's face who thinks a Prince Albert is "cool," get pierced.
Hail Satan!

"We have all eternity to experience your flesh" -Pinhead
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44034 Topics
406357 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements