Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#151199 - 03/16/06 12:34 PM Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic?
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Texas
For those who have tattoo’s and body piercing’s, what do you think about this article? It got my attention but I have to say I disagree with it completely and I personally find it hilarious and ignorant but hey… maybe that is just me.

web page

#151200 - 03/16/06 12:57 PM Re: Are tattoos and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Vaguley amusing in his ignorance.

Quote:

The wearing of earrings by men on the left side is a signal that one is a “homosexual” and the wearing of it on the right side is a sign that one is promiscuous.

It is My understanding that wearing an earring on the right side is a signal that one is homosexual. A man with an earring on the left side, and not the right, is generally straight. As for those who have earrings in both sides, I've met both homosexual and heterosexual men with this arrangement. That's how it is in the gay culture in this country, at least.

Quote:

The tattoos, also, are placed on the skin ignorantly and sometimes as a fashion. However, research shows that tattoo is satanic.

What research?

Quote:

It is done in the eastern religion and in the ancient days as a mark of association with satanic worship.

What Eastern religion? The only "traditional tattooing" that comes to mind regarding Eastern culture at least is that of the Yakuza; hardly religious. Perhaps I am overlooking something, though.

What, exactly, is Satanic worship?

Quote:

I therefore, recommend that we follow the dictates of the Bible and lead a godly life.

Oky doky, have fun.

Quote:

I urge that we desist from blindly following others and be ourselves.

Wait, but he just said follow the dictates of the Bible, now he's saying be Satanic...

Quote:

In this.

He added this as an afterthought. Perhaps he realised his hypocrisy?

#151201 - 03/16/06 01:05 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
The thing is, xtians and especially fundamental xtians can find anything to be "Satanic". The Harry Potter series is Satanic according to them. The article is clearly written by one of those.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#151202 - 03/16/06 01:14 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: dragondancer]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Actually, dragondancer, I am also of the opinion that the Harry Potter books are somewhat Satanic. More specifically - I think the character of Lord Voldemort is very Satanic, along with a few (but most certainly not all) other "baddies".

There's a reason all the Christian bookstores and whatnot are pimping the Chronicles of Narnia yet tried to bring down the wrath of the omnipresent, omniscient, and impotent father upon the Harry Potter series

#151203 - 03/16/06 01:15 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
DataLore Offline

Loc: Holodeck 3
How did you manage to "stumble" across that article Miss Scarlet?

#151204 - 03/16/06 01:17 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
My boyfriend has several tattoos, and a couple of piercings, and I'm dead frickin' positively without a doubt SURE that he is NOT gay. I personally only have my ears pierced, and have since I was four years old, but I have no tattoos. I might get one, I might not, but I'M the Satanist in my relationship with my boyfriend, and HE'S the one with the ink and piercings. Making broad generalizations about ANYTHING that has to do with how people decorate their bodies is a mistake, and we all know that. In a perfect world, the morons that write these types of articles would know that too. Besides, even if tattoos and piercings are Satanic, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THAT???
Thank you for presenting this article, Scarlet. It made me laugh at the very least.

#151205 - 03/16/06 01:45 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: DataLore]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Texas
Max, dear, you should know that I stumble on many things such as this during my days, and many more are sent to me by what I would term, well meaning folks of questionable motives.

#151206 - 03/16/06 02:04 PM Re: Are tattoos and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Linguascelesta]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I've asked several people about the "X ring in X ear signifies homosexuality" thing, and I've gotten a variety of answers. There doesn't seem to be "an answer" anymore.

Leviticus 19:28 forbids tattooing. Curious how that person didn't seem to know that, and chose a roundabout way of arguing against tattooing.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#151207 - 03/16/06 02:15 PM Re: Are tattoos and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: TrojZyr]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

It mustn't be so well-set into cultural tradition in America, then - it certainly is here.

Here, I'm not going off hearsay, but upon personal verification and observation in gay bars and other dens of "gay culture".

I feel I'm going to get a smack from Agent Malebranche here as I expect he'll pop in to say that "gay culture" is an oxymoron, but hey To be honest, I agree at least in part with such statements that he's made here and other places... Popular gay culture can be shockingly herdish indeed; part, but not all, of the reason I've only ever made fun excursions into it, and never actually embraced it for Myself.

#151208 - 03/16/06 02:47 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
There is nothing surprising in this article, if it can really be called that. There is nothing novel about ignorant Christians; they are the norm. One thing that ignorant Christians (indeed, most "believers" of any kind) love is devil-hunting. They want to believe that things are "evil" so that they may crusade against them. Tattoos, heavy metal, homosexuals, Harry Potter; it doesn't matter. It makes them feel special, like they are doing "God's work". They love the feeling of being victims and martyrs for the same reason. They are weak and empty, so they use their self-righteous bullshit to attempt to fill the void. They keep doing it because it doesn't work for long. They are frail husks of human beings, and nothing can change that.

#151209 - 03/16/06 03:09 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: dragondancer]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>The article is clearly written by one of those.

And not suprisingly, it's about as accurate and up to date as their articles against "Twisted Sister, STYX, Blue Oyster Cult, and other bands that the youth listens to today". Especially on that whole left/right ear piercing thing.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#151210 - 03/16/06 03:41 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Linguascelesta]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

Actually, dragondancer, I am also of the opinion that the Harry Potter books are somewhat Satanic. More specifically - I think the character of Lord Voldemort is very Satanic, along with a few (but most certainly not all) other "baddies".

There's a reason all the Christian bookstores and whatnot are pimping the Chronicles of Narnia yet tried to bring down the wrath of the omnipresent, omniscient, and impotent father upon the Harry Potter series

Yes, I know, I believe we already had the whole Harry Potter discussion in regards to how it relates to Satanism. The xtians, however, think it is Harry Potter and his croonies that are Satanic.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#151211 - 03/16/06 03:45 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
This doesn't surprise me.

Frankly, I'm not even sure why you bothered to post it.

Don't get me wrong, it was worth a chuckle but it's not something I'd consider important.

I expect it.

Ignorance is a way of life for some people, some don't even know they're ignorant.

It's not my job to correct their ignorance. I'm not going to worry about it either.

This is the type of thing that makes me laugh. Then I'll walk away and forget all about it.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#151215 - 03/16/06 04:18 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Lust Offline

I have many Tattoo's, and piercing's on my body.
I found this article to be boring, ignorant, and pretentious.
IT is my personal opinion that any type of body modification is Satanic.
To be pleased with ones flesh, and to pay it homage is a Satanic quality that I am proud to indulge.
To me the author of this article is frustrated that other Christians are participating in worldly (Tattoo, and piercing's) indulgences.
Thanks for the laugh.
Hail Satan!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#151216 - 03/16/06 04:23 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Bill_M]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Especially on that whole left/right ear piercing thing.

What exactly is that whole right/left ear ring thing anyways? What are the accurate meanings, if I may ask?

#151217 - 03/16/06 04:30 PM Re: Are tattoos and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: CWH]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

In Britain at least, a man whose left ear is pierced is almost always a man who considers himself heterosexual. A man whose right ear is pierced is almost always a man who considers himself homosexual. This tradition is so universally understood amongst the "gay culture" that a male hetero here or male homo here who gets one ear pierced is invariably very careful to get the correct ear pierced, lest the incorrect message be conveyed.

Logically, both a man's ears being pierced should be a statement of bisexuality, one would think, but practically, it's not - both homo and hetero men sometimes have both ears pierced, and I can't off the top of My head recall ever personally encountering a bisexual man with both ears pierced.

That's how it works here. From what has been stated by TrojZyr above (or below, in threaded mode), it may not be the same in America.

For the record, I personally have tattoos down one thigh*, and no piercings. I might consider getting an ear pierced. I don't know which ear, though, being bisexual Myself, and whichever ear I might get pierced would falsely scream out hetero or homo, and I wouldn't get both pierced as (My opinion only; no offence to any gentlemen here who have both pierced) having both pierced looks crap on men.

*I have the Japanese mantra "Masakatsu Agatsu" in kanji. Translated, "True Victory, Self Victory", which I consider a reflection of My character, although I interpret these words slightly differently to how they were (probably) intended.

Edited by Linguascelesta (03/16/06 04:42 PM)

#151219 - 03/16/06 04:47 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Quote:

For those who have tattoo’s and body piercing’s, what do you think about this article? It got my attention but I have to say I disagree with it completely and I personally find it hilarious and ignorant but hey… maybe that is just me.
web page

Shit.

And here I thought I was getting out of the whole hellfire and damnation thing...

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#151220 - 03/16/06 04:49 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Quaark]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

The same in America, as far as I know.

When I had my (left) ear pierced, the young lady who did it made very sure I understood the "message" involved beforehand.

I'd no idea about all that, before she explained it.

Ah, I see.

Thank both you gentlemen for the info.

i personally think that is extremely silly to have to make sure you have your ear ring on a certain side of your head in order to maintain sexual perverence integrity (in the eyes of others).

Well, once I get out of the Marines and decided to get my ear peirced, I'll be sure to get it done on my "non-gay" ear.

#151223 - 03/16/06 05:17 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Quaark]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Ha!

Yes,sir!

That was definitely a typo!!

I can type pretty fast but have a bad habit of having a slight lack of attention to detail.

But...I am glad that I could make you laugh!

#151224 - 03/16/06 05:36 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Felstorm]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
No one will be saved from it!

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#151226 - 03/16/06 08:10 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: dragondancer]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Quote:

Yes, I know, I believe we already had the whole Harry Potter discussion in regards to how it relates to Satanism. The xtians, however, think it is Harry Potter and his croonies that are Satanic.

Personally, I don't think the fundies know who are the "goodies" and the "baddies" in Harry Potter books. All they know is the books are about magic and witches, therefore it must be Evil.

#151227 - 03/16/06 08:17 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Old_Pig]
DataLore Offline

Loc: Holodeck 3
Just the same as there is no "Good" witch in The Wizard of Oz. When growing up in the neighborhood there was (believe it or not) a catholic family that would not let their children watch The Wizard of Oz because it had a "good" witch in it. Needless to say us neighborhood kids made fun of their kids.

Edited to add substance

Edited by Maximilian (03/16/06 08:29 PM)

#151228 - 03/16/06 08:20 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Old_Pig]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

Quote:

Personally, I don't think the fundies know who are the "goodies" and the "baddies" in Harry Potter books. All they know is the books are about magic and witches, therefore it must be Evil.

Absolutely. Just say the word magic and they get their little panties all in a wad. It's sort of like yelling "BOO" at someone in a house of horrors, the way they react.

The thinking goes something like this. If you read those Harry Potter books, get a tatoo or piercing, or listen to metal music, you are flirting with Satan Himself. Your eternal soul is in mortal danger! Muuuaaahaaahaaah

Hail Satan!

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#151229 - 03/16/06 08:37 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: DataLore]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I recommend you read "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire to truly find out which of them was the "good" witch.

#151230 - 03/16/06 09:04 PM What's the "gay ear" again? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
As usual, they don't even take the time to do a little research before writting their crap.

The left-ear or right-ear piercing thing is kind of a "non-written rule" that have been around for long time. I found it's used in different countries and cultures. But still some times you find someone who pierced the "wrong" ear for his orientation.

They never made a rule for bisexuals. I guess you have to wear the piercing on your nose!

#151231 - 03/16/06 09:08 PM Re: Are tattoos and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Lust]
Dak Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Somewhere else
Quote:

To be pleased with ones flesh, and to pay it homage is a Satanic quality that I am proud to indulge.

I second the opinion!
"High proof ye now have given to be the race of Satan, for I glory in the name Antagonist of heaven's almighty king, amply have merited of me of all Th'infernal empire that so near heaven's door triumphal with triumphal act have met, mine with this glorious work, and made one realm, Hell and this world one realm, one contintent of easy thoroughfare." - Satan, Paradise Lost

www.TheCaveStore.com

#151232 - 03/16/06 09:38 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Lust]
Neko Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

I think it's the intent behind it and not the act itself thats important. I can think of many people right off the top of myhead that do body modification not to celebrate their flesh, but as a knee jerk reaction to be "cool".

The Temple | The Elite

#151233 - 03/17/06 06:12 AM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Just as a side note, take a look at Fakir Musafar's website. This man has been modifying people's bodies for fifty years! It's a little more than just ears though.

Fakir Musafar

Hail Satan!

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#151234 - 03/17/06 09:56 AM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
those people are fools, whomever wrote the article. myself personally have my labret, lip, eyebrow and one ear pierced and i can personally say it was not following the crowd. i did it for 2 reasons; reason one was personal preference as i like having them there and couldnt care less what others think about me for having done this. reason two was a rather crude and simple excuse as to why i would pierce my own face, and that was just out of sheer boredom. now as for this being a sign of a satanist? i scoff at the ignorance of these people, plain and simply. this is in my belief, another person trying to stifle or scare off people from doing what they want. i say if they like being pierced, then so be it, let them do it and go along on your own path and pay no attention if it bothers you. if they do it to "be cool", then let the sheep join the herd. it shouldnt matter what others think it represents.
Hail Satan!

#151235 - 03/17/06 10:29 AM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Leo_V Offline
CoS Member

The only redeeming feature of this article is it's length.

It was so obviously written by a fundamentalist Christian, and quite dated to say the least.

Last I heard, the left or right earring thing went out in the seventies.

I've had both of my ears pierced for almost 20 years now - so I'm a promiscuous homosexual? Well, I'll admit to one of those distinctions!

I wonder what this writer thinks of a tattoo of a cross.

#151236 - 03/17/06 10:31 AM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
ebmetalcraft Offline

Loc: Northern California
Amusing to say the least. I'm sure the author is quite an expert on the subject matter.

If I were reading this on paper and not via the internet I'm sure I would place this by the commode for future use but not as reading material.

#151237 - 03/17/06 12:16 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: CWH]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
A) That was a really good typo

B) I can neither confirm or deny the earring thing. I would never read it as a signal for anything, and I think most people are so confused about it that it doesn't matter. I never understood the ear piercing on guys thing anyway, though I've always thought that those 3-6 rings on the back of one ear were kinda cool.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:

In the latter part of the 20th century, some Americans and Europeans adopted the convention that when a man pierced just one of his ears, it symbolized his being gay. In some circles, it was the left ear, while in others, the right; in the United Kingdom, for example, pierced left ears are relatively common and don't indicate any particular sexual leaning, while pierced right ears are sometimes seen as an indication of homosexuality.

Men with bilateral ear piercings were relatively rare, and were sometimes interpreted as effeminate or bisexual. However, the convention tended to vary from one region to the next, and was not always followed. Sometimes, men would pierce a particular side to symbolize their preferred role in a relationship (see hanky code), or for personal style preference. Since the early 1990s, the concept has largely lost its signficance (bmezine.com).

I really do think the gay ear thing all goes back to George Michael, and people trying to dissociate themselves from:

C) Just keep handkercheifs out of your back pockets--especially red ones, and you should be fine.

Edited by Agt_Malebranche (03/17/06 12:17 PM)

#151238 - 03/17/06 12:37 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Oldsoul Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: California
Quote:

C) Just keep handkercheifs out of your back pockets--especially red ones, and you should be fine.

At least out of the right back pocket for sure!

"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor bastard die for his country." General George S. Patton

#151239 - 03/17/06 10:21 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Oldsoul]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
Ouch.

#151240 - 03/17/06 11:30 PM Re: I must be ahead of the game [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Dark_Adept Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: High Hades
hehe as formerly stated in the subject matter... I must be ahead of the game. Not only am I satanic because of my tats, but I must really be a hellion because I have a branding too Cool, the Xians haven't gotten hip to my kind yet! muahahahahahaha!!!

#151241 - 03/18/06 02:38 AM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
demonpurr13 Offline

Loc: Arizona/USA
haha quite funny actually.. it amazes me daily how retarded people can be.. i think that article needs to be in the Inquirer with some neat pics attatched with it to show americans exactly what they are trying to portray..

#151242 - 03/18/06 05:21 AM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Maya]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
Quote:

One thing that ignorant Christians (indeed, most "believers" of any kind) love is devil-hunting. They want to believe that things are "evil" so that they may crusade against them. Tattoos, heavy metal, homosexuals, Harry Potter; it doesn't matter. It makes them feel special, like they are doing "God's work".

I totally agree with you Maya!

What I find amusing is whenever I get approached by one of these morons to tell me my pentagram/heavy metal t-shirt/tattoos/etc are 'satanic' they don't actually know what they're talking about, and have no proper arguement to back their beliefs. In my experience they either throw quotes from the bible at me, or fall back on saying 'my church/priest/god said so'. Often I freak them out because I know more about the history and meaning of, for example, pentagrams than they do, which tends to make them go away and not bother me agaain!

#151243 - 03/18/06 05:31 AM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: dragondancer]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
Quote:

The thinking goes something like this. If you read those Harry Potter books, get a tatoo or piercing, or listen to metal music, you are flirting with Satan Himself. Your eternal soul is in mortal danger! Muuuaaahaaahaaah

Oh well, that's me completely shafted then!

Anyway as someone (can't remember who) said in relation to fundies - If heaven is full of people like that, I'll take Hell anyday!"

#151244 - 03/18/06 06:51 AM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: DarkApollyon]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
Nearly a third of people aged 25 to 34 in the UK have a tattoo, a survey has found.
More of those with tattoos (17%) work in media and marketing than do in the Armed forces (9%).
Source: BBC

#151245 - 03/18/06 08:15 AM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: CWH]
luciferHammer Offline
Banned

Why not putting it on the ear you like. Or on both, for what that matter. Unless putting it on the wrong side can be very dangerous where you live...

#151246 - 03/18/06 12:25 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
So nice of them to waste their time on writing that utter nonsense. Actually it's so nice that I can do but one thing for them; NOT read it.
Although I like a good laugh now and then I prefer to laugh and be amazed with something special, something that has some thought put into it. Just from the sound of your post I can imagine the whole article and what it's like. Not worth my time.

#151247 - 03/18/06 12:37 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Quaark]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
I remember hearing about the whole ear pearcing/homosexual thing back in grade school but could never remember which ear it was supposed to be. Anyways, even back then I always just treated it as a rumor with no validity. It seems that perhaps there is some validity afterall.

I don't plan on piercing my ear(s) so it doesn't affect me at all - so I don't really care.

SETI@Home Team

#151248 - 03/18/06 03:34 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Wow. That was almost comedic.

I thought it was against Christian belief to go around persecuting
and passing judgement?

Fucking hypocrites.

#151249 - 03/18/06 09:32 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Globe_Dasher Offline

Loc: U.S.
Quote:

I therefore, recommend that we follow the dictates of the Bible and lead a godly life. I urge that we desist from blindly following others and be ourselves.

This seems to be a contradiction. If a group were to 'desist from blindly following others and be [them]selves', wouldn't that be a little more on the Satanic side? Also, if they 'follow the dictates of the [Holy] Bible and lead a godly life', doesn't that contradict the first statement?

How can one follow the dictates of the Bible and be themselves? Unless it's The Satanic Bible.

However, these things are Satanic. Any ornamentation is opposed to what 'God's will' because it is earthly, but that is just how I see it.

#151250 - 03/19/06 12:33 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: Neko]
Lust Offline

I would like to watch the guy's face who thinks a Prince Albert is "cool," get pierced.
Hail Satan!

"We have all eternity to experience your flesh" -Pinhead
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#151251 - 03/19/06 04:52 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: RandomStranger]
chimera Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA U.S.A.
What if I got a tat of the bible, or of jesus, or the crucifiction?? How about " Jesus is Lord", right across my forehead? A great witnessing tool. (saying that I'm a Xian Whack Job!!!!!!!!!!)

#151252 - 03/19/06 05:05 PM Re: Are tattoo’s and earrings on men Satanic? [Re: chimera]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
There is a sticker I have seen many times on many vehicles in my
lovely little town. It reads: "Body Piercing Saved My Life" and has
a hand with a nail going through it.

Talk about creepy.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics