Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#151334 - 03/16/06 11:40 PM Good Tom Cruise interview
DeLamar_J Offline

Loc: Ohio
How do you feel about people being treated with drugs for mental disorders? I agree with Tom. There are other ways. People use drugs as an easy way out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4PJpsValkS8&search=tom%20cruise
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind. My personal web page---> http://www.myspace.com/39440105

#151335 - 03/17/06 01:55 AM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: DeLamar_J]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
If I ever require any form of medication I would rather act upon the advice of my doctor than that of a second rate actor.

#151336 - 03/17/06 02:04 AM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

If I ever require any form of medication I would rather act upon the advice of my doctor than that of a second rate actor.

No Kidding!

#151337 - 03/17/06 04:28 AM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

Uh-oh, I'm picking up logic in your words.
We're going to need to schedule an emergency audit and E-meter test, STAT!

HS!

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#151338 - 03/17/06 07:11 AM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: DeLamar_J]
ElJago Offline

Loc: Northumberland, England
I had problems with anxiety and controlling my temper, I went to my medically trained doctor, and was given medication (which I still take to this day) and anger management councilling. Not suprisingly I find I am a lot better now and have been ever since.

Tom Cruise is an overrated grinning idiot of an actor who has become a celebrity mouthpiece for a ridiculous science fiction cult.

If you hold the verbal claptrap of Tom Cruise in such high regard maybe you should sign up the the church of scientology message board ?, honestly there must literally billions of people on the planet with more interesting and productive things to say than Tom Cruise !

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

#151339 - 03/17/06 07:31 AM Second Rate ? [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
AEnigma Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Belgium
Sir, you are too kind .

COS Folding @Home Team
Des Duivels (on Satanism in Dutch)
Des Duivels Forum (Satanic forum in Dutch)
Temple of the Vampire

Kindly leave your morals at the wardrobe.

#151340 - 03/17/06 07:38 AM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: DeLamar_J]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
I have yet to fathom why anyone would be interested in the opinions of actors or musicians on topics other than acting or music.

Entertainers typically occupy the shallow end of the brain pool.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#151341 - 03/17/06 07:43 AM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: Svengali]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Quote:

I have yet to fathom why anyone would be interested in the opinions of actors or musicians on topics other than acting or music.

Entertainers typically occupy the shallow end of the brain pool.

Does that go for Reagan, too?

#151342 - 03/17/06 08:08 AM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: DeLamar_J]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
I think Tom Cruise would do well with some meds.

Whether or not to medicate is the choice of the patient/their parent and their doctor.

The idea that we shouldn't utilize existing science because people with obvious pathologies are in denial of them seems truly stupid.

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#151343 - 03/17/06 08:13 AM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: reprobate]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Quote:

Does that go for Reagan, too?

If you don't know the difference between Reagan and Cruise, it goes for you too.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#151344 - 03/17/06 08:39 AM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: DeLamar_J]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Tom Cruise is clearly in need of some education and medication.

It's obvious that he's unfamiliar with psychology or the methods and reasoning behind medication.

Apparently you are too if you'd agree with that nonsense.

"No such thing as a chemical imbalance."

Well Tom, I'm impressed that you've efficiently and authoritatively negated years of research by qualified professionals, yet for some reason I'm inclined to think you're an idiot.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#151345 - 03/17/06 08:39 AM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: DeLamar_J]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
There are many good arguments for treating psychiatry with caution. There is a kernel of truth to Mr. Cruise's opinion. But it's none of his fucking business.

Drugs are not a cure for affective disorders. What Mr. Cruise doesn't appreciate, is that drugs can treat symptoms that prevent the real cure -- a change of attitude -- from being possible.

If you want to read someone who knows what he's talking about, read some Thomas Szasz.

#151346 - 03/17/06 09:21 AM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: DeLamar_J]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
Comedian Robert Klein once said that Tom's reason for hating Ritalin so is that he is in such desperate need of it. I happen to agree with him. In fact, I think that Tom Cruise is in need of a frontal lobotomy. You know, just to be safe.

#151347 - 03/17/06 09:28 AM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: Florida

But what about a really good actor, say Martin Sheen or someone like that?

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

#151348 - 03/17/06 11:16 AM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Heck, or even, a first-rate actor!

I still wouldn't let Gregory Peck give me medical advice, unless he can show me his credentials in either Eastern or Western methods.

Or, unless he'll include a free body massage with the treatment he plans to provide---including HIS package with THE package, so to say.

Reprobate is right, there is a kernel of truth there---because one should be careful before just popping pills and taking drugs, as those things have side effects that can be quite serious---but, it's buried underneath a wave of brainwashed silliness and silly brainlessness. Cruise is only stating this opinions because his church has told him to, and because his church has "translated" his experiences with psychiatry for him.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12020 Members
73 Forums
43831 Topics
405233 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements