Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#151381 - 03/18/06 08:57 PM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: MagisterRose]
DeLamar_J Offline

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

By the way, if someone is so crazy they cannot be reasoned with why not drug them into a manageable stupor?

I'm not sure, something just dont seem right about it.
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind. My personal web page---> http://www.myspace.com/39440105

#151382 - 03/18/06 08:59 PM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: DeLamar_J]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Tom Cruise has less authority than most. He is a Hollywood mental health casualty who should probably be on medication himself.

An afternoon on google search could provide anyone of average intelligence with enough reliable information to realistically debate on this issue.

I am not debating this topic, just pointing out that Tom Cruise is a flake who's opinion probably has less validity than the guy who delivers pizza to your house.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#151383 - 03/18/06 09:04 PM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: DeLamar_J]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
You realize there are different types and degrees of psychiatric disorders that respond to different medications in different ways to varying degrees, right?
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#151384 - 03/18/06 09:04 PM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: Ygraine]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Quote:

Talk therapy can be useful, but a chemical problem is best treated chemically.

I agree wholeheartedly. I am currently on medication for a chemical problem. I wouldn't even dream of taking "talk therapy" for a problem that that lies within my body alone. I mean, how stupid can you be? As Magister Rose said, this is not a black and white problem. I have never, ever, symphatised with people who are either for or against something. Especially not prescribed medication.

#151385 - 03/18/06 09:09 PM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: DeLamar_J]
Sarracenia Offline
CoS Member

What of the violent, say, paranoid schizophrenic? If he poses an immediate threat, he must be subdued and restrained physically and/or chemically. Again, not everything is in black or white. If you are more swayed by anecdotes, I have more than enough to support drug treatment for psychiatric disorders.

Fortunately, the fact that they have no value to an argument will spare me from having to post them.

ToV

#151386 - 03/18/06 09:09 PM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: $lesk]
DeLamar_J Offline

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Talk therapy can be useful, but a chemical problem is best treated chemically.

I agree wholeheartedly. I am currently on medication for a chemical problem. I wouldn't even dream of taking "talk therapy" for a problem that that lies within my body alone. I mean, how stupid can you be? As Magister Rose said, this is not a black and white problem. I have never, ever, symphatised with people who are either for or against something. Especially not prescribed medication.

From what I have read, it all boils down to this...Every case must be delt with on an individual basis. I am just a little more against drugs than for drugs. I think they should be a last resort, but still, what do I know? Its not like I have a phd, just an opinion.
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind. My personal web page---> http://www.myspace.com/39440105

#151387 - 03/18/06 09:09 PM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: Svengali]
Satanya Offline
Banned

I understand what you are saying now, Magister. Thank you for the clarification.

I agree, well, I see. When it comes to entertainment, the entertainer’s image can be very powerful, to the point where the fan will indeed even go as far as vote for a political party because their idols did so.

Like if God wasn´t enough, let´s re-inforce it with the Big Brother.

I was just pointing out that when it doesn´t come to the area of entertainment, or as far as it goes specifically with media influence, the issue has all these other bunch of angles.

HS!

#151388 - 03/18/06 09:13 PM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: DeLamar_J]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

Every case must be delt with on an individual basis.

Imagine that! One size fits all is never a good option.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#151389 - 03/18/06 09:22 PM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: MagisterRose]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Quote:

Imagine that! One size fits all is never a good option.

Tellme about it! I once was dumb enough to buy a "one size fits all" shirt, and i looked like I was wearing a friggin' tent!

#151390 - 03/18/06 10:43 PM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: Satanya]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I agree with you that a person can become skilled or knowledgeable in many areas. People are not uni-faceted. People tend to be shocked by me, for example, because I know about topics outside of my general area of study, when really, I think it's natural, healthy, and even necessary to have a broad knowledge and interest base.

But, I certainly agree with Magister Svengali that most actors and actresses are brainless blowhards. They aren't this way just because they're only "supposed" to be good at acting, rather, they are this way because the world they live in and the lifestyles they lead encourage them to be vapid, out-of-touch, arrogant, insecure, and spoiled. You wouldn't ask Britney Spears about a serious topic because she's dumber than a box of mice, not because she's only supposed to know about singing and (mediocre) acting.

Of course, the danger here is that so many musicians and actors get so absolutely full of themselves that they begin spouting off at the mouth at things they don't really understand, and THAT is why you must take what they say with a grain of salt. A mental midget with a god complex is truly a scary being to behold.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#151391 - 03/18/06 10:59 PM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: TrojZyr]
Satanya Offline
Banned

Quote:

A mental midget with a god complex is truly a scary being to behold.

I think I love you now, darling, what is you, Republican or Democrat?

#151392 - 03/18/06 11:06 PM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: Satanya]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Both, and neither .

Nowadays, though, if I have to pick a side, I usually side with the Democrats, though not with conviction or enthusiasm.

#151393 - 03/18/06 11:12 PM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: DeLamar_J]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: Florida
I agree that he has no REAL AUTHORITY on the topic. But do any of us? Unless we have a medical degree?

As far as I can tell, the main point that people keep coming back to here is that the advice of a medical doctor should be taken over that of an actor when it comes to medical issues. Does someone really need a medical degree to dispense that kind of advice? What kind of authority are you looking for?

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

#151394 - 03/19/06 06:58 AM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: TrojZyr]
London Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The Inmost Dens
Quote:

You wouldn't ask Britney Spears about a serious topic because she's dumber than a box of mice, not because she's only supposed to know about singing and (mediocre) acting.

Oh, boy. Wait until you see Farenheit 9/11.

"Honestly (Smacking gum and twirling hair), I think we should just trust our president in every decision that he makes and we should just support that, you know, and be faithful in what happens."

It seems her reasoning skills are even poorer than her singing skills.

#151395 - 03/19/06 07:09 AM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: London]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Oh, yeah, now I remember that.

Just classic.

But, at least she can tell chicken from tuna, yes?

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43974 Topics
406003 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements