Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#151396 - 03/19/06 07:10 AM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: London]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Quote:

Oh, boy. Wait until you see Farenheit 9/11.

"Honestly (Smacking gum and twirling hair), I think we should just trust our president in every decision that he makes and we should just support that, you know, and be faithful in what happens."

It seems her reasoning skills are even poorer than her singing skills.

Yes that is retarded, her reasoning skills are at about the same level of Michael Moore and his fans.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
ďA membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.Ē -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#151397 - 03/19/06 07:26 AM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: Svengali]
London Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The Inmost Dens
Quote:

Yes that is retarded, her reasoning skills are at about the same level of Michael Moore and his fans.

Zing! I wanted to throw a Moore stab in there as well, but just couldn't get any to come out right...

#151398 - 03/19/06 07:28 AM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: TrojZyr]
London Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

But, at least she can tell chicken from tuna, yes?

But I tought tuna was the chicken of the sea? Wait... What.. I'm confused... Where am I?!

#151399 - 03/19/06 07:31 AM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: London]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Brittany Spears has more intelligence in her toejam than Michael Moore has in his brainpan.

Where do you think that places his fans on the bell curve?
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
ďA membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.Ē -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#151400 - 03/19/06 07:41 AM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: Svengali]
London Offline
CoS Member

Oh, I agree with you entirely.

Many of Moore's detractors claim he is a brilliant propagandist, but I disagree. I think his propaganda is textbook and fairly easy to spot. It works simply because his fans are so easily duped. That is indicative of where they lie on the Bell Curve...

#151401 - 03/19/06 12:04 PM Thomas Szasz [Re: reprobate]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

Thank you!

Dr Szasz has been fighting the long and lonely battle against the mindless "drug them and stack them" reality, and opposes the imposition of medication in the absence of actual crime.

Thomas Szasz

#151402 - 03/23/06 02:04 PM Re: Thomas Szasz [Re: Isabel23]
DeLamar_J Offline

Loc: Ohio
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind. My personal web page---> http://www.myspace.com/39440105

#151403 - 03/25/06 11:35 AM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: DeLamar_J]
luciferHammer Offline
Banned

I certaintly think that Tom Cruise, whatever is religion is, in that particular interview is a winner against that pathetic, pedantic, "I know better than you" entertainer. At least, Cruise, has the wiseness to laugh it out instead of jumping on his opponent at the end.

As for the question if Cruise wasn't just not taking care of his own business in that interview, I thing he just voices his opinion, and there is no wrong with that, right.

Finally, regarding his opinion, I think that he is right about saying that medicamentation for mental disorder problems is just a mask, not the solution. One key phrase is that, "these medicamentations are just mind altering substances", and certainly not taken by indulgence, something Satanism is against of, no?

One flaw of Cruise's opinion, pinpoint by some on this thread, is that they were no such thing as chemical imbalance. I think there is certainly case were medicamentation is of primary importance, particulary in extreme case of violent schizophrenia, for which medical imbalance seems right.

But mild medicamentation seems to have been Cruise's target. In that case, I certainly agree that it looks very like a conspiracy that millions of people (children) are now suffering chemical imbalance, while a few decades (years) ago, they were no such thing. Has psychiatry discovered a new disease or has they created a new one?

As for medicamentation in general, I think that the field is so uncertained and so unsure, that is becoming ridiculuous. Most are just pain killer, and in my own experience, they are many time more worst than just doing regular outdoor exercice. But isn't big money involved, isn't it? Outdoor exercice worth nothing.

#151404 - 03/25/06 02:08 PM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: luciferHammer]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Quote:

and certainly not taken by indulgence, something Satanism is against of, no?

Don't get so caught up in the bold print that you can't read between the lines.

If medication is prescribed by a licensed medical practitioner for a professionally diagnosed problem, then what is wrong with that?

If you need technicalities I have one for you.

Taking the prescribed medication is indulging your desire to get better.

Does Tom Cruise have a right to his opinion? Sure.

But when he attempts to pass that opinion off as scientifically validated and superior to professional opinion, then it quickly becomes self-righteous bullshit.

Quote:

In that case, I certainly agree that it looks very like a conspiracy that millions of people (children) are now suffering chemical imbalance, while a few decades (years) ago, they were no such thing.

Chemical imbalances didn't just appear overnight.

You need to remember that "decades" ago medicine and science (psychology) were not as effective as they are today.

You are comparing two separate worlds of thought.

Also, times were different then, much more conservative and socially critical. Admitting to mental problems didn't look good for the aspiring businessman or dutiful housewife. The 'hush hush' mentality was dominant.

Edited by AmbientLogic (03/25/06 02:59 PM)
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a personís faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#151405 - 03/25/06 02:34 PM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: Poetaster]
luciferHammer Offline
Banned

Quote:

Don't get so caught up in the bold print that you can't read between the lines.

"... that is impossible for you to read between it's lines" is certainly better construct.

Quote:

If medication is proscribed by a licensed medical practitioner for a professionally diagnosed problem, then what is wrong with that?

Prescribe??

Quote:

But when he attempts to pass that opinion off as scientifically validated and superior to professional opinion, then it quickly becomes self-righteous bullshit.

He never said it was scientifically validated. He anwsered that the claimed about him being member of the Church of Scientologist was right, never said his opinion was superior to professional opinion, that was the pitfall it's interview try to put in. Are you trying to do it with me?

Quote:

Chemical imbalances didn't just appear overnight.

You need to remember that "decades" ago medicine and science (psychology) were not as effective as they are today.

Overnight and year is certainly an order more separate than year and decade (in fact, 365 1/4 less exception to 10). And if they are so advanced, why they are more troubled people needing medicamentation? If they are so advanced, why not advicing medicamentation who really cure. The fact is they don't know, but they are a lot of money to do by selling medecine.

Cnn

Read the article above. You'll have the best proof that mental disease medication is far for being right. In fact, I'd better flip a count to decide which medicament to take than ask a doctor. Did I make myself clear?

#151406 - 03/25/06 02:58 PM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: luciferHammer]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

"... that is impossible for you to read between it's lines" is certainly better construct.

What?

Quote:

Prescribe??

My mistake. Thank you.

Quote:

He never said it was scientifically validated. He anwsered that the claimed about him being member of the Church of Scientologist was right, never said his opinion was superior to professional opinion, that was the pitfall it's interview try to put in. Are you trying to do it with me?

Apparently you and I watched two separate interviews.

Quote:

Overnight and year is certainly an order more separate than year and decade (in fact, 365 1/4 less exception to 10).

A figure of speech. It's an English thing.

Quote:

And if they are so advanced, why they are more troubled people needing medicamentation? If they are so advanced, why not advicing medicamentation who really cure. The fact is they don't know, but they are a lot of money to do by selling medecine.

Completely irrelevent to my entire position.

You claimed that you think it's a "conspiracy" and that "decades" ago chemical imbalances didn't exist.

I pointed out that they did.

Medicine and science are not perfect, however, it's like night and day compared to a few decades ago.

Quote:

In fact, I'd better flip a count to decide which medicament to take than ask a doctor. Did I make myself clear?

If that makes you feel better, by all means.

I'll still consult a professional before leaving my fate to chance.

It's all clear - after strenuous effort.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a personís faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#151407 - 03/25/06 03:17 PM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: Poetaster]
luciferHammer Offline
Banned

Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently you and I watched two separate interviews.

I mean, his opinion. Just read after the assertment.

Quote:

Quote:

Overnight and year is certainly an order more separate than year and decade (in fact, 365 1/4 less exception to 10).

A figure of speech. It's an English thing.

Figure of speech has nothing to deal with rigorous thougths. Science is all about it, otherwise it is not science.

Quote:

Quote:

And if they are so advanced, why they are more troubled people needing medicamentation? If they are so advanced, why not advicing medicamentation who really cure. The fact is they don't know, but they are a lot of money to do by selling medecine.

Completely irrelevent to my entire position.

You claimed that you think it's a "conspiracy" and that "decades" ago chemical imbalances didn't exist.

I pointed out that they did.

I pointed out that chemical imbalances are likely existing in extreme cases in my first post. This statement was only to underline the strange fact that so many poeple seems to have a mental problem these days. Well, if you consider sheeps mentally diseased, maybe it is right to claim so.

Quote:

In fact, I'd better flip a count to decide which medicament to take than ask a doctor. Did I make myself clear?

If that makes you feel better, by all means.

I'll still consult a professional before leaving my fate to chance.

Did you click on the link I've provided, did you read what was written, and do you have basic statistic knowledge to understand it. Thought it was aim to only one kind of mental disease, it is a big one and enough for me to be supicous of doctors.

#151408 - 03/25/06 03:59 PM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: luciferHammer]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

I mean, his opinion. Just read after the assertment.

Watch the interview again.

If you can't see that Tom Cruise condescended everything that didn't fit with his opinion, then I can't help you.

Furthermore, there's no ambiguity about his arrogance towards those who do take medication. 'Tom knows, you don't' was the basic message through the entire interview.

On numerous occasions he stated to have "studied" the issue, yet not once does he offer any conclusive evidence to support his theory.

In conclusion, Mr. Cruise is just another rube who was taken for a ride.

Quote:

Figure of speech has nothing to deal with rigorous thougths. Science is all about it, otherwise it is not science.

I made the comment "chemical imbalances didn't appear overnight."

You proceeded to explain to me that "overnight" and "year" were not compatible timeframes. This is true, however, irrelevent.

I then explained to you that it was nothing more than a figure of speech.

At this point you decided I needed a lesson in scientific method and a reminder that "figures of speech" do not coincide with rigorous scientific thought. Not sure how you decided upon that conclusion or what it has to do with my statement, but ok.

I'm inclined to ask if you even know what a "figure of speech" is?

Quote:

Did you click on the link I've provided, did you read what was written, and do you have basic statistic knowledge to understand it. Thought it was aim to only one kind of mental disease, it is a big one and enough for me to be supicous of doctors.

Yes, I did read the article.

Unfortunately for you, it does nothing to support your claim that medical doctors haven't a clue.

In fact, it provides evidence to the contrary.

As I stated, medicine is not perfect and will have different effects on different people according to their physiology.

Certainly you know that medicine can't be 100% effective 100% of the time for 100% of the patients taking said medications; it'd be foolish to think so.

It would also be foolish to assume that because Joe Blow didn't react to the medicine - even though Tom, Dick and Harry did - that the medicine is worthless and the doctor who prescribed it is an idiot.

The article goes on to explain that even in cases that one medicine had no positive effect, a simple switch of medication generally fixed the problem. Which I'm sure you read that the study concluded it was safe to do so for the five medications in question?

If you want to continue this conversation, private message me. I'm sure that nobody wants to see our pointless bickering.

- Sam Harris

#151409 - 03/25/06 04:26 PM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: Poetaster]
BEHERIT Offline

Now whats the theory and science behind that. tom cruise is a brainwashed scientology moron.

#151410 - 03/25/06 04:35 PM Re: Good Tom Cruise interview [Re: BEHERIT]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

That's my point.

- Sam Harris

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12196 Members
73 Forums
43974 Topics
406002 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements