Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#151632 - 03/20/06 12:21 AM Re: tattoo [Re: Poetaster]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
>> Am I the only one who thinks maybe Ascendency meant a tatoo gun and didn't bother to specify?

I have never heard of the term 'tatoo gun'. Granted, I do not have any tatoos myself, but I have friends that do and they have never used the term 'tatoo gun'.

SETI@Home Team

#151633 - 03/20/06 07:42 AM Re: tattoo [Re: False_Messiah78]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Goes back to the whole amateur/professional thing I guess.

I have no tattoos, however, I have friends that have many; I'd never heard it called anything but a tattoo gun until very recently.

Also until recently, I thought it was common knowledge.

Go figure.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a personís faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#151634 - 03/20/06 08:10 AM Re: Scab [Re: Mars]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

Mars is absolutely correct. You get what you pay for. Although there are halfway decent artists who do work from home, the equipment is the responsibility of the Tattooist...and yes "machine" is the proper term for the equipment. Go to a professional, the money you spend will be probably equivalent to that of a new machine and if that artist needs a new machine then he will get one.

#151635 - 03/20/06 09:36 AM Re: True But.. [Re: DickSteele]
Mars Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Mid-Atlantic USA
Quote:

Although there are halfway decent artists who do work from home,

For those thinking about going to a non professional:

The above is indeed true but keep in mind that in most States in the U.S. it is illegal to tattoo without a business license and a Dept. of Health Inspection Certificate.

I doubt highly that a Scab would fork out the $3,500 for a good sterilizer let alone know about infectious disease protocols.

Something to keep in mind.

Awaken the Dragon Within!

#151636 - 03/20/06 11:01 AM Re: tattoo [Re: Catalyst]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
actually, i meant tattoo machine. i cant even get my hands on a gun seeing as how i am a twice convicted felon and that would be illegal. as for the guy doing the tattoos? he is not only my roommates uncle but he has also been a good friend of mine for many years.he has his license, and knows what hes doing

#151637 - 03/20/06 11:21 AM Re: tattoo [Re: Catalyst]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Quote:

i am a twice convicted felon

You didn't learn your lesson the first time?

And why was there a first time anyway?
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a personís faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#151638 - 03/20/06 12:05 PM Re: tattoo [Re: Catalyst]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
Quote:

i am a twice convicted felon

So you are a two time loser! You are lower than scum.

SETI@Home Team

#151639 - 03/20/06 01:05 PM Re: tattoo [Re: Catalyst]
Priestess Palmer Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Viking Bay
You know that feeling you get at the end of a shit film, when you realise you just wasted 2 hours, £6 and feel sicky from eating stale popcorn.

I just got alllll that from this thread. Even more so as I bothered to type this.

#151640 - 03/20/06 01:12 PM Re: tattoo [Re: Catalyst]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
A license does not a good tattoo artist make. I hope that you were at least smart enough to see a few samples of his work.

If you ask me, someone who is too damn lazy to even hit the "shift" key AND who committed and was convicted of a felony twice doesn't deserve a Baphomet tattoo.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12020 Members
73 Forums
43831 Topics
405235 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements