Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#152301 - 03/21/06 09:30 PM Wolfshook / Wolfsangle ring
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: I-BLISS!
Coming soon to CoS Emporium!
Hand crafted and cast in Sterling silver by Robert A. Lang.
HS!

Attachments
331961-WolfsHookRingFinishedProduct2.jpg (1688 downloads)

Edited by Magister_Lang (03/22/06 06:46 PM)
“The world, like a wolf pack is not all the licking of pups and howls by the moonlight. Sometimes there just needs to be a gnashing of teeth and a ripping of flesh to put things back into the natural order of things.”

XLII A.S.

"Magic is a tool and is essentially useless unless it can serve you here and now! Anything else is simply an act in faith and an excuse for failure in the here and now." XLVI A.S. R. Lang

"Chaos is a creation of mankind and does not exist within the uncompromising fascism of natures laws! Everything has order." XLVI A.S R. Lang

"To believe in Chaos one must believe that their is some kind of God who all of a sudden put everything into order! That!, I cannot relate too..."
R. Lang XLVI A.S.

#152302 - 03/22/06 10:56 AM Re: Wolfshook ring [Re: Magister_Lang]
Caudell Offline
CoS Member

Loc: South Florida
The craftsmanship on this ring looks absolutely stunning.

"Boldness, directed by an overruling intelligence is the brand of the hero."

Hail Magister Lang!
www.DichotomyProductions.com

#152303 - 03/22/06 12:59 PM Re: Wolfshook ring [Re: Magister_Lang]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Beautiful and intricate, Mr. Lang.

Impressive enough for me to spend some money.

Thank you for the heads-up.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#152304 - 03/22/06 04:46 PM Re: Wolfshook ring [Re: Magister_Lang]
L. Kabron Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Oh man, this news pleases me immensely. The wolfsangle is one of my favorite symbols.

http://www.myspace.com/lkabron

#152305 - 03/22/06 10:55 PM Re: Wolfshook / Wolfsangle ring [Re: Magister_Lang]
TAYLOR Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Wandering in Carcosa
This ring looks beautiful!

I paint the thrilling.
http://www.taylor9.com/
(High quality prints of my work are now available.)

#152306 - 03/25/06 08:02 AM Re: Wolfshook / Wolfsangle ring [Re: Magister_Lang]
Nemhauser Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Netherlands.
Fantastic news! Can't wait to order mine.

Hail Magister Lang!

#152307 - 03/25/06 08:54 AM Re: Wolfshook / Wolfsangle ring [Re: Magister_Lang]
RustySpring Offline
CoS Warlock

I cannot wait to own one of these!

Once again, Magister, you have really impressed me with your work.

HS!

#152308 - 03/26/06 06:45 PM Re: Wolfshook / Wolfsangle ring [Re: Magister_Lang]
DianaDeMagis Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Blame "Canada"
Below is what the Wolf's Hook symbol means to us, and will accompany all numbered limited edition rings sold through the CoS Emporium.

Wolf’s Hook, Wolf’s Angle

This is the 13th rune of the Elder Futhark (the oldest known set of runes).

Runes are occult symbols, mysteries representing the yet unknown.

As with the Celtic ogham and the Greek alphabet; most runes are associated with relevant trees.

The Wolf’s Hook represents the Yew tree (Yggdrasil - The World Tree). It connects the three Norse realms; the heavens or consciousness, the humanity or life, and Hell or death. It’s shape (when on its vertical axis) connects all three, with roots in Hell, branches in the heavens and the crossing point ( or balance point) in the human realm. Like the arms of the Baphomet, one up, the other down (as above so below) both proximal ends connecting the human element. The synthesis of opposing forces in a balanced environment; communication between the extremes.

Much of the Wolf’s Hook symbology is derived from the fundamental properties and uses of the Yew.

It is the longest thriving European tree, mostly found in undisturbed lands - such as graveyards; hence the 13th rune’s association with longevity and protection of the dead.

Yew was the wood of choice for the making of the Norseman’s ominous longbows, due to it’s flexibility and strength. In it’s day, the longbow was a most feared and awesome weapon; and when in the hands of a skilled archer, made available the ability to kill, and thereby protect, it’s own from afar. The longbow itself represents the potential energy (tension) contained within the Wolf’s Hook. One’s own ultimate potential, stored and waiting for the skill and discipline of one (pushing the limits of their own personal power) to release this potential resource and focus it into their own kinetic creative force; and to do so, one needs balance.

The 13th rune has long been known as the death rune. Again this relates back to it’s association with the Yew tree. The bark, leaves and berries of the Yew are extremely poisoness, bringing on death when ingested. It’s sap, the tree’s life force, a deep red color; and when cut, resembled a bleeding body. And let us not forget the awesome death rendering longbow, made from the wood of the Yew tree. For a magician, the Wolf’s Hook can be used as a powerful archetypical symbol during a curse (destruction) ritual.

In summation, the Wolf’s Hook symbolizes creative potential, extremes in natural balance, discipline and strength of will, protection and longevity, curse and death.

And now here it is in sterling silver surrounded by the trapezoidal Oroborus, Jormungand.

HS!
Diana DeMagis

#152309 - 03/27/06 04:27 AM Re: Wolfshook / Wolfsangle ring [Re: Magister_Lang]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Canada
That is a stunningly powerful ring!
Superb!

Hail Magister Lang!
Undercroft Sign Up

#152310 - 03/27/06 04:32 PM Re: Wolfshook / Wolfsangle ring [Re: Magister_Lang]
DismalOrb Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Portland, OR
Ausgezeichnet, Magister Lang! I look forward to getting one of these.

Hail Magister Lang!
Hail Odin!
Hail Satan!

-Paul

#152311 - 03/28/06 09:02 PM Re: Wolfshook / Wolfsangle ring [Re: DismalOrb]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Thanks for all your comments folks. The ring will be up with a full description on the CoS Emporium soon. These will be signed and numbered limited editions. Only 666 will be made (just to be original). They will cost $200.00 US.
HS!
“The world, like a wolf pack is not all the licking of pups and howls by the moonlight. Sometimes there just needs to be a gnashing of teeth and a ripping of flesh to put things back into the natural order of things.”

XLII A.S.

"Magic is a tool and is essentially useless unless it can serve you here and now! Anything else is simply an act in faith and an excuse for failure in the here and now." XLVI A.S. R. Lang

"Chaos is a creation of mankind and does not exist within the uncompromising fascism of natures laws! Everything has order." XLVI A.S R. Lang

"To believe in Chaos one must believe that their is some kind of God who all of a sudden put everything into order! That!, I cannot relate too..."
R. Lang XLVI A.S.

#152312 - 03/28/06 09:11 PM Re: Wolfshook / Wolfsangle ring [Re: Magister_Lang]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Thanks for all you comments everyone.
This is a limited edition ring and ony 666 will be made.
Each ring will be signed and numbered.
They will cost $200.00 US.
These rings are solid and not hollowed out on the back.
HS!.

Edited by Magister_Lang (03/31/06 06:07 PM)

XLII A.S.

R. Lang XLVI A.S.

#152313 - 03/30/06 12:30 AM Re: Wolfshook / Wolfsangle ring [Re: Magister_Lang]
zaxaf Offline
CoS Member

A absolute must have! The Wulfsangle and Trapezoid wrapped up in one diabolical chunk of silver, one cannot want more for finger wear! Magister this is really rather stunning!

#152314 - 03/30/06 11:29 AM Re: Wolfshook / Wolfsangle ring [Re: Magister_Lang]
RustySpring Offline
CoS Warlock

40 Ounces?

Pardon me, but is this correct Magister?

2.5 Pounds seems bloody heavy for a ring.

#152315 - 03/31/06 06:09 PM Re: Wolfshook / Wolfsangle ring [Re: RustySpring]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Whoops, I'll get you a proper measurement for the amount of silver.
HS!

XLII A.S.

R. Lang XLVI A.S.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
11895 Members
73 Forums
43649 Topics
404212 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements