Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#153081 - 03/25/06 09:11 PM Just another schmuck
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
"The Devil is a gentleman.." Anton Szandor LaVey.

Apparently this prhase has lost it's meaning.

In the opening chapter of Dale Carnegie's book 'How to Win Friends and Influence People' the golden phrase "If you want to gather honey, don't kick over the beehive" is immortalized for all to read. This one statement is the key to dealing with society. My grandmother had her own take on this wonderful piece of advice, and she never wasted an opportunity to remind me of it; "Gary, you'll catch more flies with honey than you will with vinegar" she'd say to me. Of course, I was young and obstinate, so I rarely took the advice, instead I went through my days alienating everyone around me. It wasn't until I grew older and matured that her words really struck home.

I've never been fond of pompous assholes. These are the type of people who are quick to find fault, but rarely recognize the glaring inadequacies of their own character. They are the ones who nit pick over trivial nonsense in order to validate their own miniscule existence. Certainly, everyone has indulged the occasional self-aware belligerence, however, to compare that to these assorted fools is like comparing asphalt to diamonds.

But what sickens me most of all is when these self-same lowbrow-clowns claim to be Satanists. Their actions should make it clear that they're just another moron with a postpubescent hobby, yet for some the distinction can be blurry. These idiots cling to the bold print, but rarely know how to decipher the complexities of anything. These are the types who have no understanding of the word "mature." They want to be elite and impress with their status symbols and catch-phrases, all the while missing the big picture.

I'm a misanthrope and I despise humanity as a whole (the societal constructs and rules of popularity) but I don't hate people. There's a distinction to be made and it's an easy one for a discerning individual. However, these characters don't even know the distinction exists, let alone how to utilize it.

This type of nonsense can be seen even here; in fact, probably moreso than anywhere else. It's unfortunate that some outstanding individuals are subjected to ridiculous posturing from less than worthy slobs.

Elite is not synonymous with pretentious ballyhoo. Immaturity does not a Satanist make.

Society is a herds playground, however, unless you're a hermit it's your's and mine as well. As a Satanist and productive member of society, I've learned that respect and kindness pay off. It doesn't detract from me at all to do so, in fact it is often rewarding. I have no reason to act like an idiot and if I did, I'd deserve any consequences that result from my actions. Satanism is the foundation of an outstanding, productive and ELITE individual; your buffoonery is the wrecking ball of that foundation.

Satanism does uphold the individual, however, if your only claim to individualism is an overbearing abrasiveness towards all those around you, then you've missed the point. I'm inclined to say that you're just another pseudo-Satanist who knows the words but can't understand the meaning. If you ARE a Satanist, present yourself like one and show people why we call ourselves the Elite, rather than engendering the "oh, that schmuck" comment.

If you see yourself here stop pretending, because those that know, know. If you're just another miserable jerk who hates the world, himself and everyone in it, the last train out is boarding; don't be late.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#153082 - 03/25/06 11:17 PM Re: Just another schmuck [Re: Poetaster]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
This is an excellent post, and you make some great points.
It has been said before, that those who spend their time tearing down others typically have an over-abundance of personal insecurity. I tend to agree with your viewpoint.
Those who maintain their position as gentlemen will always surpass those arrogant and worthless pricks, who all-too-quickly reveal their self-loathing and failure through pretentiousness, abrasiveness, and empty posturing.

Quote:

I'm a misanthrope and I despise humanity as a whole (the societal constructs and rules of popularity) but I don't hate people. There's a distinction to be made and it's an easy one for a discerning individual. However, these characters don't even know the distinction exists, let alone how to utilize it.

Precisely so. If these types truly hated people, they'd start fixing the problem by killing themselves.
If they just hate other people, then odds are good that they are jealous, possessing nothing of worth themselves, or that they fail to realize the countless contributions that others have made; contributions that enrich many aspects of their lives.
I think part of the problem lies in the terminology and understanding it's use in the proper context.
"Herd" and "mass" are personified quantifiers, not actual (physical) entities which exist. They are based around ideologies, and are merely conglomerations of individuals.
When one speaks of a person as being a member of "the herd," one is actually commenting on that person's worldview, behaviors, or lifestyle.

Quote:

This type of nonsense can be seen even here; in fact, probably moreso than anywhere else. It's unfortunate that some outstanding individuals are subjected to ridiculous posturing from less than worthy slobs.

Yes. The pathetic thing is that, unlike a similar situation in the real world, such people are posturing here for virtual status.
No matter how good one appears on LttD, it's only representative.
That is not to say that you can't tell a lot about a person from their actions on these forums, it's just not an absolute indicator of an individual's potential (realised or otherwise) in real life.

Quote:

Satanism is the foundation of an outstanding, productive and ELITE individual; your buffoonery is the wrecking ball of that foundation.

Very well stated.

Quote:

Satanism does uphold the individual, however, if your only claim to individualism is an overbearing abrasiveness towards all those around you, then you've missed the point. I'm inclined to say that you're just another pseudo-Satanist who knows the words but can't understand the meaning. If you ARE a Satanist, present yourself like one and show people why we call ourselves the Elite, rather than engendering the "oh, that schmuck" comment.

Indeed. Actions do speak louder than words.

Quote:

If you're just another miserable jerk who hates the world, himself and everyone in it, the last train out is boarding; don't be late.

That about says it.

Thanks for the enjoyable read!

HS!

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#153083 - 03/26/06 05:52 AM Re: Just another schmuck [Re: Poetaster]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
You are exceedingly well spoken sir, I applaud your efforts against "buffoonery".

#153084 - 03/26/06 06:21 AM Re: Just another schmuck [Re: Poetaster]
Laren Offline

Loc: Australia
Never has a post moved me to respond so much as this one.

The words that resound within me from reading your post are 'Absolutely Shattering'.

I think alot of people need to take note of this.

Thank you.

#153085 - 03/26/06 07:23 AM Re: Just another schmuck [Re: Poetaster]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
What a great post! I agree with all that you've said, just wouldn't have been able to express it so eloquently myself!

Unfortunately those who need to take heed probably lack the self awareness necessary to do so

#153086 - 03/26/06 10:08 AM Re: Just another schmuck [Re: Poetaster]
Lucyfer23 Offline

Loc: Scotland
I'm extremely glad that yours was the very first post I read on joining this site - it fills me with hope that perhaps not all online communities are filled with ignorant, barely literate fools whose sole pleasure in life seems to be to sneer at those to whom they would love to feel superior...Far too many online forums I have encountered seem to exist merely to give these ridiculous and inadequate bufoons a platform from which to demonstrate their stupidity by sneering at and attempting to downgrade anything that is not as peurile and monosylabic as their own facile witterings. Usually, their grammar and spelling are a pretty good indicator of their degree of mental prowess...I've never read anything as well-argued and well-written as your post until now...Thank you for the small ray of hope in the intellectual darkness...

#153088 - 03/26/06 10:18 AM Re: Just another schmuck [Re: Poetaster]
Mile_Highlander Offline

As someone who is new to this forum, I've gotten out of line myself. So, if I've offened you or pissed you off, this schmuck would like to apologize.

Kell

#153089 - 03/26/06 01:47 PM Agressive personality [Re: Poetaster]
Dak Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Somewhere else
Quote:

Satanism attracts strong and aggressive personalities. Reading many of the introductions, it can be seen that many people here find their first copy of the TSB while in their teens. Although, many who post here are beyond their rebellious teen years we should not be surprised when these abrasive voices find their way here.

These forums seem to celebrate rationalization of emotions and intellectualism. What about our primal nature?! We will NOT all get along. Maybe those offending posters will be able to deliever more than just barks and give you or I a good beating on the right day. This too is elitism of claw and fang.

I understand that this forum cannot be allowed to be reduced to feces flinging monkey chatter, but I embrace aggressiveness as being a common Satanic trait. How people chose to dole this anger out is a different story. Maybe these threads have rewarded civility and over-intellectualization a little too much and we need - for lack of a better term - some more cock and balls in these posts. Just my two cents.

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often far worse than those that walk on all fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development", has become the most vicious animal of all.

Although, I am formally educated I am still just a savage, a "noble savage".
"High proof ye now have given to be the race of Satan, for I glory in the name Antagonist of heaven's almighty king, amply have merited of me of all Th'infernal empire that so near heaven's door triumphal with triumphal act have met, mine with this glorious work, and made one realm, Hell and this world one realm, one contintent of easy thoroughfare." - Satan, Paradise Lost

www.TheCaveStore.com

#153090 - 03/26/06 04:05 PM Re: Agressive personality [Re: Dak]
Neko Offline
CoS Member

I think you have missed the point.

Quote:

Satanism attracts strong and aggressive personalities.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

Quote:

These forums seem to celebrate rationalization of emotions and intellectualism. What about our primal nature?!

It's called self control. There is a time and a place to let loose, and this isn't really the right place for that. Those emotions could be better put to use elsewhere.

Quote:

I embrace aggressiveness as being a common Satanic trait.

If you use tact, you can be aggressive and still be respectful. You can disagree with someone and still be respectful about it. Being overly abrasive is really just rude.

A "noble savage" implies the use of self control over ones primal nature and the use of tact when appropriate.

The Temple | The Elite

#153091 - 03/26/06 08:28 PM Re: Just another schmuck [Re: Poetaster]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

If you see yourself here stop pretending, because those that know, know. If you're just another miserable jerk who hates the world, himself and everyone in it, the last train out is boarding; don't be late.

The major problem is that they don't see themselves for what they are. Though it is very clear to those around them. So if you want them to board the train you will have to give them a shove.

I agree totally with your sentiment. May I just say that I enjoy your posts, they are usually very intelligent, well thought out, and well written.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#153092 - 03/27/06 12:05 AM Re: Just another schmuck [Re: Poetaster]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I concur. Good post.

I wouldn't get half as far as I do in life if I were mean-spirited and snarky. My ability to survive and thrive often relies on my ability to be sweet, kind, considerate, warm, and polite, and this is true-- in some fashion or another--for practically anyone who lives among other humans.

(I'll be quick to admit that I could stand to take lessons in aggression, though, because there are times when one needs to be able to bear one's fangs and claws, and needs to engage in a little unapologetic confrontation.)

I also find I have more fun and put myself in a better mood by being friendly and courteous, than if I harbored a perpetual little black cloud. There are moments where it feels really GOOD to feel really angry or snarky, but to feel that way all the time, or approach every situation or encounter with a hostile attitude will, to my mind, take its toll on one's ability to enjoy life to the fullest.

I'm as misanthropic as the next Satanist, but when I say I hate people, I typically mean it in the abstract, global, generalized sense, unless I'm in a particularly foul mood.

In general, I find that the people who are perpetually, inappropriately abrasive or aggressive are either socially retarded beasts who are begging to be disciplined or destroyed, or are insecure and self-conscious, and are thus attempting to keep people at bay. An occasional few are delusional or pretentious narcissists. In any case, dealing with the hyper-aggressive, uber-hostile, or exceedingly rude types is often not worth one's time, because you have to spend most of your time navigating around their prickles and spines.

The Satanists you describe are often the less extreme members of this breed, and in general, I'd say that they just need to cultivate their own garden (which can involve cultivating one's own Total Environment, among other things), so to speak, refine their Lesser Magic skills, and, in the fine traditions of cognitive therapy and rational-emotive therapy, re-evaluate their reactions and emotions, and figure out better ways to interpret their experiences. Part of this just involves learning to be selectively inattentive to a lot of stupid stuff that goes on in the world, and realizing you can't--and shouldn't--control most of it.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#153093 - 03/27/06 12:15 AM Re: Just another schmuck [Re: Poetaster]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Great post and I agree completely!

#153094 - 03/27/06 01:09 AM Re: Just another schmuck [Re: Poetaster]
Asenath Offline

Ah, if only we could inscribe this post on a rectangular, iron "plank" and put it to good use on these all-too-common buffoons!

Excellent post.

#153095 - 03/27/06 04:57 AM Re: Just another schmuck [Re: Poetaster]
IX Von ZehEhv Offline

CoS Warlock

Very well said. It seems you can speak the thoughts of many here. And as stated, the ones you refer to are likely nodding their heads accordingly.

I must add that I love the reference to Dale Carnegie.

#153096 - 03/27/06 06:12 AM Re: Just another schmuck [Re: TrojZyr]
codename_47 Offline

Ah... I don't hate humanity as a whole OR consider myself a misanthrope... Those I don't agree with, I don't hold any resentment towards... Not everyone in the world will see things my way... Some refuse to. Often times it's not because they don't see things my way, they refuse to. Not because they sincerely don't believe it... Often because if they were to accept the fact it may be true, everything they have known up to today will then mean nothing to them. Accepting such radical world views will indeed strip their world of whatever shred of meaning it still contained. That's just with the potential sympathizers. There are others who will never understand, refuse to understand because they have no interest whatsoever in "getting it." I'm sure you've heard it, they have all they need and you aren't part of what they need.

Some people are destined to live their entire lives with their blinders firmly attached to their skull.

So, now what... Lower ourselves to their level and pitch a fit and act like a child because of it?

Nah, who needs them. After all, that's the immaturity of which you speak.

"Want to multiply yourself by a hundred, by a thousand? Don't seek nobodies, seek naughts." - Fredreich Nieztche (I may have mispelled his name, it is 07:15 after all ... zzz ...)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43982 Topics
406058 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements