Topic Options
#153134 - 03/26/06 02:33 PM Misanthrope Friendly...
Lust Offline

I have been studying an Italian poet considered by some as "one of the best ever."
Giacomo Leopardi.

I have just recently found this author's works, and would appreciate any feedback about Giacomo Leopardi, and his work.

I also wanted to share with everyone here one of his quotes that I really like.

"Real misanthropes are not found in solitude, but in the world;
since it is experience of life, and not philosophy, which produces real hatred of mankind"- Giacomo Leopardi

Here is some brief information on Giacomo Leopardi.
Hail Satan!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#153135 - 03/26/06 03:33 PM Re: Misanthrope Friendly... [Re: Lust]
Lucyfer23 Offline

Loc: Scotland
> it is experience of life, and not philosophy, which produces real hatred of mankind <

I couldn't agree more !!

#153136 - 03/27/06 12:34 PM Re: Misanthrope Friendly... [Re: Lucyfer23]
Lust Offline

I am glad you like it.
Have you ever heard of this Poet untill now?
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�

#153137 - 03/29/06 02:53 PM Re: Misanthrope Friendly... [Re: Lust]
Lord Xolothi Offline

Loc: Italia
I studied already this poet in past and learned his poetries to memory,but i didn't know the phase from you quoted.
I must tell that he is very beautiful and he has made me rediscover the love that's why poet.
Yes,Leopardi has considered here in Italy(i'm italian) one of mayor poet of ever.
Sinister Regards

#153138 - 03/30/06 05:24 PM Re: Misanthrope Friendly... [Re: Lust]
Lucyfer23 Offline

No, I have to admit that I hadn't heard of him until now...But then I'm not a HUGE poetry fan as a rule...My tastes in poetry are rather trite - Victorian narrative poets mainly !! Awful, I know !!

#153139 - 03/30/06 05:36 PM Re: Misanthrope Friendly... [Re: Lucyfer23]
Lust Offline

Generaly I can see where you are coming from.
After reading Thus Spake Zarathustra, I too see poets for what they are, and that would be Liars.
Knowing this, and selecting the Poet that suits my taste
I actualy have found it easier in selecting, and finding better poetry.
Hail Satan!

#153140 - 03/31/06 10:21 AM Re: Misanthrope Friendly... [Re: Lust]
Lucyfer23 Offline

Absolutely !! The poetry I learned at school, which I despised at the time, I have now come to like in a sort of amusedly tolerant way !!

I do like the idea of poets as 'those who paint with words', though...it kind of says why poetry is different from prose - beyond the fact that it's trying to convey images above narrative - I think !!

As I said, I'm not a big poetry expert ! Checking out more of this Leopardi guy, though...

"What comes into the world and disturbs nothing, deserves neither consideration nor patience."
Ren Char

#153141 - 03/31/06 12:40 PM Re: Misanthrope Friendly... [Re: Lust]
Ortrud Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
Ah! What I LOVE about this Forum - postings like yours that get my juices flowing!

I never realized (until your post inspired me) that Mascagni wrote A Giacomo Leopardi! I am going to study more about this great poet, who was such an integral part of Italian culture.

Hail Satan!
Ortrud

#153142 - 03/31/06 04:35 PM Re: Misanthrope Friendly... [Re: Ortrud]
Lust Offline

Lets keep those juices flowing then.

I first heard Mascagni believe it or not while watching the film Raging Bull.
I did not know that he recorded A Giacomo Leopardi, thank you for the Enlightment.
Hail Satan!

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43873 Topics
405551 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements