Topic Options
#153688 - 03/29/06 03:31 PM Humanoids
Lord Xolothi Offline

Loc: Italia
Greetings.
I'm have recently read the book "The Devil Notebook" and in particular the article relating to the humanoids.
Now i'm want know if this humanoids in reality are true robots like giving in films like Metropolis and Blade Runner or more simply mannequins?
Tank you!
HS

#153689 - 03/29/06 05:15 PM Re: Humanoids [Re: Lord Xolothi]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
The extent to which a humanoid is realistic, is entirely up to it's creator/owner.
Whatever is convincing enough for you is appropriate.

This could range from a crudely shaped and immovable statue,
to a complicated design that allows for audio, visual, and tactile interaction.

The only limits are your requirements and imagination.

HS!

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#153690 - 03/31/06 09:21 AM Re: Humanoids [Re: Lord Xolothi]
Baghashiro Offline

Loc: Germany
As time goes by, the possibilitys grow. Why stick to a certain kind of machina that is obsolete in a few years?

This is not christianity, islam etc. Satanism actually evolves, instead of staying dusty and rusted.

#153691 - 03/31/06 06:53 PM Re: Humanoids [Re: Baghashiro]
Cholinergic Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: UK
Perhaps i'm being pedantic here but I would say the application of Satanism evolves, not Satanism itself. Christianity evolves all the time - look at the vatican council.

#153692 - 03/31/06 07:14 PM Re: Humanoids [Re: Cholinergic]
Lust Offline

"Thus Satanism, correctly understood is more than a glorification
of the ego, or an indulgence in pleasures, or some kind of intellectual,
'esoteric' knowledge... _It is Satanists playing at god_: altering
themselves, others, societies, civilizations and evolution itself."

Source= THE HERETIC

Edited by tier_instinct (03/31/06 07:17 PM)
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#153693 - 03/31/06 07:30 PM Re: Humanoids [Re: Lust]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
What is The Heretic? Is that some kind of pagan news letter or something of the sort? What is this Satanic order they are referring to? Just curios.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#153694 - 03/31/06 07:40 PM Re: Humanoids [Re: dragondancer]
Lust Offline

I found this when doing a search for the legendary Boyd Rice.
I found it very interesting.

I do not have the answer to your questions though.
I would suspect that some here could answer you though.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�

#153695 - 03/31/06 09:40 PM Re: Humanoids [Re: dragondancer]
Lust Offline

dragogdancer
I have no idea who the Satanic order is in question, or any-other group, other than The Church of Satan.

#153696 - 04/01/06 02:09 AM Re: Humanoids [Re: Lord Xolothi]
DeathAlchemist Offline

hmm humanoids. Maybe they could bare a resemblance to the humuncoulus in alchemical texts. Though I wouldn't know. Maybe a better understanding of a humanoid would allow me to compare. But a humuncoulus in better terms is a created being. A alchemist plays god and creates life. Although in miniture size such like a golem it was possible. Only one recording of a human transmutation/ formation of humunculi has ever been recorded but still that recording is deemed insignificant although i would highly like to believe that it is possible. So if possible please explain a humanoid to me and i shall try to refrence the two for my own knowledgable database

#153697 - 04/01/06 12:40 PM Successful Transmutation? Miniature Golems? [Re: DeathAlchemist]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

hmm humanoids. Maybe they could bare a resemblance to the humuncoulus in alchemical texts. Though I wouldn't know. Maybe a better understanding of a humanoid would allow me to compare. But a humuncoulus in better terms is a created being. A alchemist plays god and creates life. Although in miniture size such like a golem it was possible. Only one recording of a human transmutation/ formation of humunculi has ever been recorded but still that recording is deemed insignificant although i would highly like to believe that it is possible. So if possible please explain a humanoid to me and i shall try to refrence the two for my own knowledgable database

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#153698 - 04/01/06 12:41 PM Re: Successful Transmutation? Miniature Golems? [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I'm a homunculus.

We represent the Lollipop Guild of Doom.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#153699 - 04/01/06 12:55 PM Re: Successful Transmutation? Miniature Golems? [Re: TrojZyr]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Ok, TrojZyr...

I'm not typically partial to homunculi (According to Agrippa they are birthed through 40 days of incubation in warm manure -- eeeww!), but for you I make an exception.
As a fellow card-carrying member of T.L.G.o.D., allow me to bestow a finely crafted lolly upon you.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

~ Charles Bukowski

#153700 - 04/01/06 07:56 PM Re: Successful Transmutation? Miniature Golems? [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Thank you for the lolly .

Manure is bad for the skin, and for one's social standing and popularity.

I was grown in a large fish tank, which I shared with some snowflake eels and a plastic castle later in my gestation. I was fed a nutritious diet of habanero peppers, chocolate soy milk, and a fine vintage virgins' blood, harvested under the full moon on a Tuesday. One eve, my Creator neglected to feed me on schedule, choosing instead to gather with a group of his fellow mages for a magickal duel of the finest quality.

I crawled out of my tank, slithered across the damp concrete floor, and, beneath the purple glow of a blacklight, devoured my Creator. (I'm a a bit grumpy when peckish.)

I shall never forget that moment. His eyes, like two cherries floating a glass of milk. A flash of claw and bone, and then, a playful flecks of white blood danced through the air and stained the surface of the Led Zeppelin poster on the wall beside us, and his jowls trembled like gelatin and he cried out, in despair, "Oh, snap."

Needless to say, they had to find a new Dungeon Master, and start their whole campaign over again.

From there, I moved from town to town, working odd jobs. I got to play bit parts in a few Dennis Wheatley novels, but the character development of his protagonists was often lacking, so, being a helpful sort who likes to offer constructive criticism, I ate him.

I am now the fish-whistling champion of the Midwest, after practicing for many years, and those gigs pay fairly well, and when I'm especially agile and creative, my fans send me tasty gifts, like juicy sunset-coloured fruit baskets, fine Belgian chocolates in crinkly red wrappers, and Fox network executives hog-tied and expertly displayed inside of giant, lovely origami boxes.

In my spare time, I like to go clubbing, because baby seals are delicious.

#153702 - 04/02/06 05:23 PM Re: Successful Transmutation? Miniature Golems? [Re: Quaark]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Thank you.

They say I'm special. It's why they give me rubber pencils.

I just had a yen to be weird right then, and the urge had to be satisfied.

Forum Stats
11890 Members
73 Forums
43636 Topics
404141 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements