Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#153943 - 03/30/06 04:15 PM I know, here she goes again!
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Texas
What is the matter with people who cannot follow simple guideline? Really I want to know. Is it that they are just mentally incapable of doing so or do they consciously do it on purpose?

For instance, what is so very difficult about reading and comprehending Magister Lang’s excellent post about introducing your self? Or Magister Ventrue’s guidelines? Did I miss something in these posts that is illogical, misleading or confusing in some way? Do they not make sense to anyone else?

I have read some very wonderful introductions and posts on this forum but I have also noticed a good many introductions that make a retarded cow look intelligent. Yet the people reading these posts are suppose to take these individuals seriously?

Why do people continue to not capitalize the word “I”, is this not suppose to be the most important word in the vocabulary of a Satanist? Do these people who continuously do this feel that they are so insignificant that the word itself should be shunned or hidden in between all the other words, blended into obscurity?

I know this is bitching, and I have little right to do so as I am sure I post things that ruffle other people’s feathers from time to time and I know all of the great ideas about not subjecting yourself to this type of thing but really… how can you spend anytime on a forum without reading this type of thing? Honestly, how does one deal with this continuous moronic behavior, especially in the real world, with more important matters?

Bitching session over, back to the blind fold at thirty paces!

#153944 - 03/30/06 04:19 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Kriss_Mistress Offline
User

I agree completely, especially with the retarded cow statement. It seems to me that some people would use this forum to show off how "un-holy" they are, as opposed to showing off how intelligent they are. I can understand being proud of yourself, but when you expect me to be proud of you without giving me a reason I'm just going to laugh at you.

#153945 - 03/30/06 04:26 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Hydra_M_Star Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Though I've only been here briefly I've seen exactly what you are talking about, but I expected it. I think half of the time it is born out of the person being so excited--this can also read as new--about Satanism that they are completely blinded to the fact that others don't want to read their random and not fully formed thoughts... The rest are just morons.

#153946 - 03/30/06 04:28 PM come on..... [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

What is the matter with people who cannot follow simple guideline?

So what about people you see every day in the street too ? Seriously, is this a big deal ? is it an offense for you ?

Really, I want to understand the whole world when I read such posts from people. This is always the same : or it sounds like an old country music song, or it is about pipe-dreams and the "all people should do the same".

Damnit, a lot claim to be against the herd, so why trying to change their habits ? Why trying to "turn stone to gold"? Is this too difficult to understand ?!

Day by day, I'm so disapointed. I won't explain why...

#153947 - 03/30/06 04:37 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
I agree totally. When people come here and act like idiots, they disrespect us all. The fact that they won't even bother to compose a sentence that looks like it was typed by someone over the age of twelve is disrespectful because it sends the message that we somehow aren't worthy of a neat, easily readable post. To me, it's a blatant violation of third Satanic Rule of the Earth. There is no reason to tolerate it. These morons have plenty of others places to go. They will be readily accepted in the murky, rat-infested sewers of the internet. Why should we let them foul the air here?

#153948 - 03/30/06 04:37 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Lelio Offline

Loc: Scotland
Quote:

Why do people continue to not capitalize the word "I", is this not suppose to be the most important word in the vocabulary of a Satanist?

This stuck out from the rest of your post, it is disapointing that people claiming to be Satanists still do not think of themselves as proper nouns.

As for trying to fix or educate them in the outside world - I would see that as a form of evangelising.

As for this board, the moderators do well at dispatching those that shouldn't be here.

#153949 - 03/30/06 04:55 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Lelio]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

As for this board, the moderators do well at dispatching those that shouldn't be here.

Yes, and this should be the final word of this discussion.

Really, I don't understand people complaining here and asking for respect on a forum when they just have to don't read something when they don't like it, That's simple.

Once again, some people pretend that the herd is not important to them, but they are the first ones to complain about it.

As it concerns the word "us", well I'm out, I never joined to be in a family, nor to speak in the name of others. I mean that kind of discussions is so futile, so why complaining about something that only concern the herd ? "People" sounds like the word contradiction here...

Who claim to be offended ? Seriously, go for it, who ?

Edited by Assabrah (03/30/06 05:08 PM)

#153950 - 03/30/06 06:02 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Assabrah]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Whether you like it or not, or are willing to admit it, what the “herd” does effects your life as well as everyone else’s. There is no way around that, all you can do is try to minimize the affect.

And yes, it does affect me when someone can’t do something as simple as capitalize the word “I”, which a kindergartner can do at the age of 5, especially when they are posting something in a public forum for others to read. How would you like it if someone played one of your songs repeatedly in public and kept screwing up the cords, and you had to hear it every time you wanted to listen to some music? Or doesn’t that sort of thing bother you at all, and if not, what does?

The moderators do a good job, and I never said they didn’t. But neither of your two post answered the questions asked.

#153951 - 03/30/06 06:03 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Mile_Highlander Offline

I agree with you, though I think that some of the time it's a lack of typing skills. It seems as though some try to get the idea out of their head, pecking away with two fingers and words get dropped and capitalization goes out the window.
Still, it is nice to be on a forum where everyone speaks in complete sentences without using silly codes and acronyms.

#153952 - 03/30/06 06:17 PM Absolument débile [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

And yes, it does affect me when someone can’t do something as simple as capitalize the word “I”, which a kindergartner can do at the age of 5, especially when they are posting something in a public forum for others to read.

Once again, that's absurd to try turning the stone's herd to gold. What do you think ? We are on internet here, there's no luck to meet a bunch of Einsteins everyday.

Quote:

Or doesn’t that sort of thing bother you at all, and if not, what does?

The flood, the invasion, the swarm, the pretenders. All this in one word.

#153953 - 03/30/06 06:25 PM Re: Absolument débile [Re: Assabrah]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

I have met some very astounding people right here on this forum and other places on the internet; some I would say are far superior to Einstein, and they all knew how to capitalize the word "I". But just asking someone to capitalize a word does not require them to have a genius IQ, nor to follow simple guidelines that the administrators put in place for a reason.

I'm sorry but... that was far more than just one word!

#153954 - 03/30/06 06:59 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Lust Offline

Greetings Scarlet
DO you ever notice people at The Zoo who never pay
attention to the... Do not feed the Animals sign?
IM always wanting the Animals to pull them in and eat them.
IF caught by Zoo Keepers they get thrown out of The Zoo.
The same happens here from what I have seen.
IT is my opinion that some people will do things just because
someone told them not to do it.
I find it hard sometimes to keep my mouth shut
when it comes to these people here,
but I am feeling much better now.
Hail Satan!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#153955 - 03/30/06 07:16 PM Re: come on..... [Re: Assabrah]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
"Day by day, I'm so disapointed. I won't explain why..."

I find that getting rid of [or at least trying to get rid of] expectations has helped me out a lot.

#153956 - 03/30/06 07:23 PM Re: come on..... [Re: RandomStranger]
Lelio Offline

Loc: Scotland
Scarlet, I do agree with you. I just find that there are far too many like you speak for me to be able to change them. As some find no fault the way they are they are not motivated enough to change.

It does irratate me, but as I can do nothing about it I prefer avoidance.

As for the influence of the heard - Where I live is relatively peaceful and nine times out of ten, if I encounter someone it's out of choice not chance.

I imagine the heard must have a greater impact on how one lives in a crowded city.

#153957 - 03/30/06 07:35 PM Re: Absolument débile [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

I'm sorry but... that was far more than just one word!

Quote:

All this in one word

What, since when Satanists don't find words behind other ones?

duh

#153958 - 03/30/06 07:41 PM Re: come on..... [Re: RandomStranger]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

This is a problem for me; I have far to high of expectations for people in general. I know they are all a bunch of mindless, spineless bottom dwellers but still...knowing and trying to ignore it are not always easy to do, nor helpful to myself in the long term.

I have to deal with these people daily, several times a day, it is not something I can avoid or ignore so when I come on a board such as this where there are intelligent individuals that I wish to hear what they have to say I have hopes of better and am to easily disappointed by those who wander into this forum aimlessly with no thought other than to say something profoundly stupid, or to at least type it.

I am getting too old, that’s what it is. I no longer have patients for this type of thing and allow myself to think of things that should be common knowledge. I need to stop thinking perhaps, then it wouldn't bother me.

#153959 - 03/30/06 07:53 PM Re: come on..... [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
IX Von ZehEhv Offline

CoS Warlock

I understand what you are saying Scarlet. I previously found myself often let down by others. But then I realised that placing expectations on others gives them the power to let us down. And the further 'away' one is from the herd, the more the potential for being let down as naturally we place expectations on others to behave as we do. By expecting the least of people, they have little power to disappoint, but the ability to pleasantly surprise.

#153960 - 03/30/06 08:07 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
DataLore Offline

Loc: Holodeck 3
These could be possible thoughts running through such a person's head:

"Pressing the SHIFT key is like uh...too hard and stuff...
Besides I'm immune to the standards of grammar, 'cause I'm the motha-focken elite. Anybody who doesn't like it can just shut-the-fuck-up."

Typical "goth" bolstering themselves with a false sense of confidence and unwarranted arrogance.

#153961 - 03/30/06 08:28 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
I think Linguascelesta had the right idea in this post. Don't sweat the small stuff, make a joke out of it.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#153962 - 03/30/06 08:34 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: dragondancer]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

The problem being, in my line of work, the small stuff is the important stuff! If I make a joke out of incorrect spelling, bad grammar and stupidity, I am out of business. Why on earth did I ever become a writer/agent?

Unfortunately, this has carried over to my private life as well.

#153963 - 03/30/06 08:49 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:

I no longer have patients for this type of thing...

Quote:

If I make a joke out of incorrect spelling...

Ohhh, the irony of it all! Sorry, Scarlet, I just couldn't help myself.

#153964 - 03/30/06 08:54 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
You need to learn how to separate work from playtime.

When it's professional, I doubt the mistakes are that terrible anyway.

And when you're here, it shouldn't be anything but leisure.

Placing expectations of exellence on complete strangers will only lead to disappointment; learn who you're dealing with before you bother to concern yourself with expectations.

Also, you need to remember that this is a public forum and usually public mediums attract the public. It's hardly shocking that a few idiots will find their way here.

Appreciate the diamonds and forget about the pebbles, they serve no purpose anyway.

Sure, it's fun to rant and I'm all for it, however, when the issue causes you unecessary headaches, it's time to reevaluate what's important.

#153965 - 03/30/06 08:56 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Tiberia]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Sorry, I don't get it. What did I miss? I'm always missing the good stuff.

#153966 - 03/30/06 08:57 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Patients = patience.

#153967 - 03/30/06 09:01 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Patience vs patients.

Am I going out on a limb here if I assume you meant the former, rather than the latter?

#153968 - 03/30/06 09:01 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Poetaster]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Well... I'll be damned! I really am an ass!

#153969 - 03/30/06 09:01 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Poetaster]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Hey, you beat me to it!

#153970 - 03/30/06 09:10 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Tiberia]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

See, I told you, I always miss the good stuff!

#153971 - 03/30/06 09:14 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Just remember, if we don't laugh at ourselves how can we justify laughing when we see a little old man walk into a screen door?

#153972 - 03/30/06 09:16 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Tiberia]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

See, there you go picking on my Grandfather...

He can't help it!

#153973 - 03/30/06 09:22 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Tiberia]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

I am just rolling with laughter at myself all the time! But on those rare occasions when I am not laughing at myself, I can still laugh at Ambient’s grandfather, right?

#153974 - 03/30/06 09:24 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Poetaster]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Maybe you should stop locking the screen door when he's not looking.

#153975 - 03/30/06 09:28 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Yes, Ambient's grandfather is fair game...as long as he isn't being setup by his grandson. If that is the case, I say turnabout is fair play.

#153976 - 03/30/06 09:32 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Tiberia]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

It was an accident, honest!

#153977 - 03/30/06 09:36 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Tiberia]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Great! Now when I need to laugh I will just remember his grandfather and I'll be happy all day.

#153978 - 03/30/06 09:52 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Tiberia]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

See this is what happens when you live with a Priest who also happens to be an editor!

I am told that it is not incorrect spelling but that it is improper grammar usage and that I should apologize! Blah… why do I let him read this stuff! Now he is editing all of my previous posts! I do detest this man from time to time.

Thanks for pointing it out though, I swear I would never have noticed it otherwise.

#153979 - 03/30/06 11:00 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Hixem Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Several points are being argued in response to Scarlet's post.

Before they are addressed, I'd like to express that I share her sense of indignation at the lackluster introductions found in the REQUIRED LttD Member Introductions forum. I don’t complain about it because I can easily avoid it by not reading new introductions.

However, buried between one-liner introductions and half page run on sentences are some very insightful contributions. The time I waste poring over inane drivel is more than compensated by finding interesting perspectives and insights.

I’d also like to express to Scarlet that I noted her own adherence to the policies for the message board. Instead of civilian policing in the Introduction forum, she raised the issue here, the appropriate forum to discuss it. She did not attach her criticism to those recent posts to which the rant obviously refers, but instead spoke about the issue at large.

LttD is a brutal message board. Most learn early that baseless posts, half-cocked psycho babble and whiny trolling for praise result in merciless criticism. Weak content is met with strong opposition. This is especially true if the poster has not bothered to use proper spelling, punctuation and spacing.

One argument raised, though the term hasn’t been used yet, is solipsism. One cannot expect that everyone that arrives at this forum has the same respect for language. Some not only don’t see the value of well chosen words that express an idea; they furthermore don’t have the aptitude to use it properly.

I personally revere language. Apt use of language is a cornerstone of Lesser Magic. I am appalled by the same ineptitude to which Scarlet refers. I have also worked in a field founded on carefully chosen and presented words and images. I was a psychological warfare specialist for the Army for eight years.

I understand, however, that not everyone can appreciate the power of the words chosen to represent and express one self. For those who fail to grasp this I don’t feel pity. I simply judge them based on their demonstrated inadequacy.

Another argument is presented: The insistence on proper grammar is somehow propagating a herd mentality and emphasis on conformity. I find no merit in this point. Acceptance of lazy, substandard and inadequate writing in a medium constructed entirely of words contributes to stamping our approval on the unworthy. Magister Ventrue’s bandwidth and my time are wasted by those that choose not to invest the time and effort in presenting their ideas to a standard worthy of either.

Yes, I used the phrase “our approval” in the above paragraph. I’ve read discussions refuting the point that there is an “us”. As individuals, the argument seems to explain, we don’t need to huddle around one another like sheep. Whether you choose to redefine or deny it, LttD is a community. Some contribute here, others receive. Many more people simply visit and move on.

We have different reasons for frequenting this board and often disagree. Each person that has joined the message board is a part of it, a member. No one begged you to join or forces you to post and read. By your actions you are a part of this community.

It has also been expressed that the Moderators do their jobs well. The growing list of banned users shows that they swiftly deal with the undesirables that inevitably find themselves at Satanism’s official forum. None dispute this fact.

I’ve grown to expect the substandard introduction. When I see a new posting in that forum I expect an inane post from some clueless loser that hopes to find solace among maladjusted misfits. My expectations have changed in the short time that I’ve been a member here. What I expect is the beautiful draw of a train wreck in each introduction. A hapless visitor drops an unworthy introduction, only to be eaten by the wolves. It has become a grotesque comedy which never seems to exhaust itself. As soon as one new poster has his ego crushed entirely and drops from all visibility, two more show up ready for a fresh set of bruises.

I’m now delightfully surprised when I find the introduction of someone new that has something fresh, new or intriguing to say. I learn as much from the act of someone talking about themselves, what they have experienced and where they are going as from an essay or poem from a member I’ve already come to know.

I’d like to acknowledge the wisdom in requiring introductions. The current policy mandating that newly registered members post in the introduction forum within six days allows the moderators and the community to filter out those that contribute nothing to the dialogue. It is an opportunity for us to exercise the Fourth Satanic Rule, if necessary.

Finally, in support of Scarlet’s post, I’d like to cite the Third Satanic Rule. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there. I find introductions that lack even a semblance of effort and thought to be disrespectful. One that chooses to interact here as a member of the Alien Elite, but cannot string together words into basic sentences does not belong here. It is not my forum, but I’m a part of it. I value what I find here. If he does not find any of the members here worthy of capitalization and coherent expression, he demonstrates that we don’t merit the respect of thinking before clicking the submit button.

-Sojournist

#153980 - 03/30/06 11:06 PM Re: I be a college graduate [Re: RandomStranger]
Dark_Adept Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: High Hades
u hav know rite 2 judge. peeple are peeple and why shud it be..u n i shud get along so offully?

#153981 - 03/30/06 11:46 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Hixem]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
A lucid, well organized, and thoughtfully presented response to an ongoing issue.

#153982 - 03/31/06 06:14 AM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Hixem]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

An excellent post, Sojournist. A fine example of how to express your opinions in a clear, well written manner.

As Pazuzu has pointed out, this has been an ongoing issue. I have been posting on this forum for more than a year now and the issues pretty much stay the same. I agree wholeheartedly with what you have written and what Scarlet posted, I just prefer to let it roll off my back.

After a while you just sort of shrug your shoulders and move on to the next one. No sense in getting ruffled about it, really. It does make for some great joke fodder from time to time but that's about it.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#153983 - 03/31/06 11:51 AM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: dragondancer]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

I laughed all night myself!

I was told last night that I need to “lighten up” of course the person who said this proceeded to edit every post he could find that I have written and pointed out every single mistake I made in each and every one of them!

I will do my best to contain my criticism of such trivial matters to the office and some poor unsuspecting writer or editor. But when it comes too important matters… well that will be an entirely different story!:D

#153984 - 03/31/06 11:54 AM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Hixem]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
You're cool.

Seriously, I think both you AND Scarlet are correct, and have pointed out things that are absolutely true.

To answer Scarlet's rhetorical question, I have no idea why it's so hard for people to read instructions and follow them. I imagine people are just so impulsive that they don't notice that there are instructions to read and follow. I imagine they'd only think to do it if the only forum they could ever view prior to signing on or registering an account was the Introductions forum (some forums are like this), because then it'd stare them in the face--and even then, it might slip their minds because they'd get distracted by shiny objects!

I figure that, at least we can rest easy in the fact that it can act as a stratification tool. Someone who fails to create an Intro promptly enough is sending a message about him or herself, as is someone whose Intro is terrible.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#153985 - 03/31/06 12:34 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Happy Birthday JSBlack Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: South Wales
Oh dear, you’re getting yourself all wound up. Sit yourself down Scarlet and I’ll pour you a brandy and give you a nice shoulder massage. Feel better? Okay, now let’s go out and shoot the illiterate little bastards!

#153986 - 03/31/06 03:34 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: JSBlack]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

I do like the way you think!

#153987 - 03/31/06 04:37 PM pipedreams ? Yes > pipedreams. [Re: TrojZyr]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

The fact to expect that all people joining upstairs follow these rules are beautiful pipedreams. This upstairs part of the forum is exposed to everyone... See what I mean ? Some try and lie, some don't even try to lie and go for it with a big lack of everything, then some ARE. Wait , let me repeat this again : some ARE.

Nobody should be shocked ! If Satanism is about natural selection, so why some people would insist on the fact that all people upstairs should walk the right way ?

I still don't see the importance of this subject. "Sorry".

But this will go on with "yes but"...I will just answer " but why is this important for you, you claiming to be OVER all this ?" ...

This is contradiction, a big one : A religion of leaders caring for those who are not able to follow ? Where the hell have you seen this ? I don't see it.

People, go to www.churchofsatan.com, read " Satanism needs and enema", then think about it and be true with yourself.

#153988 - 03/31/06 04:54 PM Re: pipedreams ? Yes > pipedreams. [Re: Assabrah]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

You are precisely correct.

There would be an easy way to instantly improve the average quality of LttD users: simply make the entire forum "members only." We'd be rid of 99% of the morons, because 99% of said morons are nonmembers. The handful of others could simply be dealt with swiftly and we'd be on our merry way.

But, that's not what those who run this forum have in mind. The fact is that to find a single diamond you must move a great deal of dirt. Nobody is required to dive in with the miners to roll in the dirt if they don't want to! Even the miners themselves do not have to wallow in it, only get it out of the way to find the precious gem within.

The fact that many will complain that it is done this way, when they themselves greatly benefit from this very process, is bizarre. How many of those who complain are themselves not members, or were not members and yet used this forum for some time before becoming members? How many have found wonderful gems despite sifting through many handfuls of dirt? To say, "I have wasted my precious time sifting that dirt to find the gem, when I could have scooped up gems by the handful, precut, straight from the earth!" is no more foolish than to think that nuggets of wisdom will be found without effort, laid out by some mysterious benefactor for them to harvest.

Such things are indeed pipedreams. No omnipotent god is laying jewels at your feet, and no trick of magic is going to change the fact that to find things worth reading, on this forum or anywhere else, you must be willing to invest your time in finding them. The same is true of the people who use this forum, we cannot possibly locate those whose company is appreciated, those who contribute, without the opportunity to select them from the weeds that spring up alongside them.

The moderators and administrators generously make this easier for everyone by eliminating the very worst so that your own effort may be spared in some degree. They shovel the dirt, you still get the gems.

I am pleased that some understand this. Mr. Assabrah himself is to be commended not only for pointing this out, but for bringing what he has to the table.

To those who complain: you do not have to enjoy the way in which valuable things are found, but it is no use complaining that your jewels had to be dug up!

#153989 - 03/31/06 05:45 PM Re: pipedreams ? Yes > pipedreams. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Here here!

Mr. Assabrah and Mr. LeviathanXIII, some very good points and
excellent writing indeed; proof within what you have written that
one only need to get their hands dirty to find the gems!

Thanks for taking the time to make your points.

#153990 - 03/31/06 06:14 PM Re: come on..... [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Wolf Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The Netherlands
Quote:

I am getting too old, that’s what it is. I no longer have patients for this type of thing and allow myself to think of things that should be common knowledge. I need to stop thinking perhaps, then it wouldn't bother me.

You know what? The older I get, the easier I find it to deal with these things. It's not that my expectations or hopes have vanished; in my world, people take care of how they express & behave themselves, seek knowledge instead of "passtimes", read books, create things. MY world, therefore, is a careful selection of people and material worthwhile. That's where I go after work and in my breaks, at night, in the weekends. That's where I go in my dreams.

The innumerous amount of morons out there surely is something to deal with everywhere and everyday, but like I skip most of the TV-channels available, and avoid serious contact with the utmost emptieheadests, I skip posts when kits insist on ignoring every spelling-rule or write out in screamin unreadable red or allcaps, use the "ignore user" button for really emptyheaded self-repeating mindless ones, and enjoy the modskills of an excellent staff around here. But I do not get irritated no more - I conclude that certain herdfolks simply want to present themselves as emptyheaded sheep not even worth the effort of taking wool from. Always have been there, always will be there.

Yet over the years I have become more and more amused by this kind of humans. I have no way become milder and do not seek their company, but as you rightly say, contact and even interaction is unavoidable. Well now, on the internet we have far more possibilities to cut that off rightaway, but in offline space this kind of "rudeness" may get you in annoying trouble; these are the people that serve us in many situations, from supermarkets to working areas. I have learned to play with them as if on stage in some silly theatre farce, where my lines are comfortably limited to reactions like "No! Really??!!". That's all they need for respons and they will tell you the most amazing things about what their worlds are made of, which in many cases is so absurd that all you can do is laugh, laugh, and laugh even more. It's all one big amusing stage. And since laughing is very good for the health, these people somehow benefit me.

But I know that after watching, I will retreat to my own world, where things are different. The occasional lost sheep I encounter there still, does not bother me. There's no need for interaction here so I skip 'em.

#153991 - 03/31/06 07:42 PM Re: come on..... [Re: Wolf]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

I don’t really get breaks from my work, my job doesn’t run on an eight hour clock, and I rarely sleep so that I’m afraid doesn’t work out to well either. But I understand your sentiments and it is good to hear that some people have no trouble avoiding this type of thing.

I am never rude to people unless they deserve it and I always try to make exceptions for those who are less educated then I am. I use to be amused by the antics of people who do their hardest to look and sound foolish, but not often now days. I can even understand it to an extent, and everyone makes mistakes once in a while that is to be expected but for the most part it is beyond my comprehension why so many people want others to think that they are illiterate or worse.

It all breaks down to tolerance I suppose, what you are willing to tolerate and what you are not. Everyone has something that bugs them to no end. My short fuse gets the better of me from time to time.

#153992 - 03/31/06 08:05 PM Re: come on..... [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Mile_Highlander Offline

Quote:

and I always try to make exceptions for those who are less educated then I am.

Uhhh..... Thank you, I guess???

#153993 - 03/31/06 08:44 PM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Magister_Harris Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Long Island
Call it lack of civility, lack of consideratiom, or lack of intelligence. I call it stratification. Their inability to follow simple rules shows me that they're not worth anyone's time.
Host - Hate Speech Radio
http://www.hatespeechradio.com

#153994 - 04/01/06 01:44 PM Re: come on..... [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Baghashiro Offline

Loc: Germany
If there were no idiots, there was no elite. So, every stupid moron out there may be regarded as a proof of how high Oneself is standing at the top of the food-chain.
And besides, any ridiculous comment might produce some kind of valuable emotional energy you can use for yourself. For free.

And compared to most forums on the net, the moron quote here is relatively low, isn't it?

shemhamforash!

#153995 - 04/01/06 11:32 PM Re: come on..... [Re: Baghashiro]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

And compared to most forums on the net, the moron quote[sic] here is relatively low, isn't it?

shemhamforash!

Thanks to the swift weeding out that our moderators do, mostly.

Hail Satan!

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#153996 - 04/02/06 03:21 AM Re: come on..... [Re: dragondancer]
Baghashiro Offline

Loc: Germany
Indeed. And as I see, quote is the wrong word in english, right? What I meant was "percentage".

Shemhamforash!

#153997 - 04/02/06 09:24 AM Blackenings [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Loc: CA
I haven't read anyone elses posts here. Posts like this, I like to answer under my own steam--as it were. I don't think you're bitching here. I think you are speaking the thoughts of many others. There are probably not as many names turning black as I'd like to see, however, I think it's pretty close. Plus, I think sometimes those who would be banned are having interactions with others, that are bringing out behavior in others, that readers or moderators might enjoy watching the outcome of. For the most part, I concur with your post--especially after repeated warnings.

#153998 - 04/03/06 02:42 PM Re: come on..... [Re: Baghashiro]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Yes, percentage would work fine in the sentence. I appreciate your effort to use the English language correctly. If I were speaking German I assure you, you would be correcting me constantly.

Hail Satan!

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#153999 - 04/03/06 09:33 PM I feel grtatitude actually. [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
No need to read two posts when one botched introduction says so much!

#154000 - 04/04/06 01:30 AM Re: come on..... [Re: Baghashiro]
Csongor Offline

Loc: Hungary
Quote:

If there were no idiots, there was no elite.

I know about me that I am elite. I hate idiots, and I do not need them. If there was only elite, it would be discoverable, because the Earth would be a much better place.

#154001 - 04/04/06 09:20 AM Re: I know, here she goes again! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
No, you are not really bitching as much as making a valid point that many have probably felt but did not comment on. As for myself, you have, in a way, opened my own eyes as I am making the extra little effort not to just print everything in lower cases now.

#154002 - 04/04/06 10:30 AM Re: come on..... [Re: Csongor]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Exactly.

Italian food is still delicious, even when there's no such thing as McDonalds.

Also, to be "elite" can imply many things, and there can be many hierarchies within that one label.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44031 Topics
406349 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements