Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#15386 - 11/07/03 03:26 PM Re: A forum for various grievances? [Re: BurningJayde]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hon, you are asking for a section to be created for grieavances here. Get the jest? Any clue? Good.

#15387 - 11/07/03 03:27 PM Re: A forum for various grievances? [Re: BurningJayde]
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
Quote:

If you'd like to insult someone, why don't you do it in a PM? You're cluttering up my thread here.
Do we need to suggest an insults forum next for those who just have to bash and ass off in front of other people?

Oh yeah? Well, your momma wears combat boots!

(rimshot)

Seriously, I agree. While I feel that a separate forum for sob sessions has no place here. What I liked about this forum in the beginning was the LACK OF pity parties. However, I also liked the fact that it had a noted lack of stupid flame wars and pointless bickering. Unfortunately, I've noticed that not only the newbies, but also the Pinkies whom I'd assume would be above such bullshit, lowering themselves to pointless bickering (hence my post some time ago "A lesson to be learned...").

"So now you'll see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#15388 - 11/07/03 04:12 PM Re: A forum for various grievances?
BurningJayde Offline

Yeah, yeah. I'm sitting here laughing my ass off. Thank you for that delightful dose of humor "hon".

#15389 - 11/07/03 05:52 PM Re: A forum for various grievances? *DELETED* [Re: BurningJayde]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Post deleted by Devlyn

#15390 - 11/07/03 06:33 PM Re: A forum for various grievances?
BurningJayde Offline

Wow, a little white square with a red X in the center. Neat indeed.
Where the red dot goes...ya bang!

I feel a thread lock coming on.

#15391 - 11/08/03 12:46 AM A different approach... [Re: BurningJayde]
Anonymous
Unregistered

As far as the grievance’s forum goes, I have to agree with the majority that it is not a good idea. I am guilty myself of posting my personal problems/issues on the main forum, generally to seek additional advice and insight’s on how to remedy the situation.

A different approach to the meaningless stuff being posted is to maybe start a forum just for newbies. The members of the CoS have their own forum to post stuff in that non-members are unable to access if I am not mistaken. Why not when a newbie joins up, they get 1 forum to post in. People vote on what they write and how they respond. After so many votes (say 25 or so) they are allowed access to what we see now. After allowed access, if they receive 10 negative (justified) votes within 1 year from anyone, they are put back on as a newbie, having the same first forum to build up their 25 votes again.

I know it would be a lot of work to set up, but it is just an idea. Maybe someone can come up with someway to change it and make it work.

#15392 - 11/08/03 01:01 AM Re: A different approach...
Sarracenia Offline
CoS Member

That system was in place a few months back, but Reverend Ventrue discontinued it for one reason or another. Newbies were allowed to view and post in the General Satanism group (Announcements, Read and Understand, General Satanism and Questions) until they reached a certain number of posts. Then they were able to access the non-CoS member section.

ToV

#15393 - 11/09/03 09:11 PM Re: A different approach...
Maverick Offline

Loc: 3rd Rock from the Sun
Yes that is that the forum at large needs.... to be politiclly driven. As if it isn't politically driven enough. Don't offend this person or that person. They will cut you off. Your freedom of speech is limited to offending the hierarchy. I seriously doubt that the posts would strictly be voted on based on content. It is human nature to contemn a whole package based on one element that simply annoys them. A picture, to many faces, an annoying quote, or whatever.
I actually think a section of the forum that is explicity for peoples concerns and people who are seeking advice from like minded individuals would be a good idea. And like the radio or TV if you don't like what you see or care to give advice (which I have seen many individuals, including some on this post do) or even read about people who are seeking advice from like minded individuals then don't go to that section. This section alone is for comments and questions, there is a humor section, a music section and whatever else there is. People are gonna do it no matter what. I am sure it would take much much less energy setting up a forum for advice and grievences that it would to police the general satanist and weed out all the pissing and moaning that takes place anyway.
I saw one post about how to cook your steaks..... I have read many post that state how this or that and whatever is decidedly unsatanic... or how this and that, and whatever is satanic. Or wait..... it is unsatanic to have a bad day and vent.... or even unsatanic to seek advice from likeminded individuals. Maybe it is or isn't not for me to say either way..... but one thing I am pretty sure of based on what I have read thus far.... it is decidedly unsatanic to waste time and energy. And since it would take less time and energy to have a section for pissing and moaning than to police the other forums for pissing and moaning it makes sense to not only lump them together in thier own place and keep from cluttering the forums that have thier own catagory up.
hmmmm based on the standards I have seen thus far.... that to me sounds decidedly statanic. But what the hell do I know..... I am a stranger.... not even a newbie

Every second is another chance to try again!

Education is Expensive..... Ignorance is more Expensive!!!

#15394 - 11/09/03 09:36 PM Re: A different approach... [Re: Maverick]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Maybe it is or isn't not for me to say either way.....

I totally agree with you on that one!

#15395 - 11/09/03 10:00 PM Re: A different approach... [Re: Maverick]
Sarracenia Offline
CoS Member

Your freedom of speech is limited to offending the hierarchy.

There is no freedom of speech on LttD.

Or wait..... it is unsatanic to have a bad day and vent.... or even unsatanic to seek advice from likeminded individuals.

Why hang out your dirty laundry in front of strangers? And what makes you think the people on LttD are going to be "likeminded"?

it is decidedly unsatanic to waste time and energy. And since it would take less time and energy to have a section for pissing and moaning than to police the other forums for pissing and moaning it makes sense to not only lump them together in thier own place and keep from cluttering the forums that have thier own catagory up.

Why are you concerned with how the moderators spend their time?

ToV

#15396 - 11/11/03 10:09 AM Re: A different approach...
Maverick Offline

Gee... It would apear that my post offended you. What is really ironic about that haha is that I was actually attempting (apparently in vain) do give reasons for a forum for people such as yourself, to seek advice from those whom are better informed on this belief system you have chosen to invest your time in. What I had said about others in this thread giving advice wasn't even directed at you. Ah well, people never change.

#15397 - 11/11/03 10:46 AM Re: A different approach... [Re: Sarracenia]
Maverick Offline

There is no freedom of speech on LttD.

Wow, I could understand not wanting theist coming in preaching on the forum. Or even understand the limitations of freedoms with responsibility, like not screaming fire in a crowded theater. But no free speech on LttD. Stalin would be proud.

Why hang out your dirty laundry in front of strangers? And what makes you think the people on LttD are going to be "likeminded"?

First off I don't hang out my dirty laundry in front of people I know let alone strangers. But knowing that it will occur I would much rather see it quarantined to a place for those who wish to ask for the advice and those who wish to help, than fo r me to weed through it on the forums topic I have chosen to view. As far as people on LttD being likeminded. The vast majority are those who are Satanist, or those who are seeking to find out what satanism is all about to maybe become one. Satanism is a belief system whose guidelines are for the most part spelled out in the Satanic Bible. It is human nature to seek how other people interprete those ideas and how it influence thier lives. Like it or not once it was given perimeters it became a belief system. Step outside of those perimeters and you are no longer satanist. There for as far as satanism is concerned there is a very large degree of likemindedness whether you like it or not. Just another herd the difference being (or so I thought) the lack of judgement for being you.

Why are you concerned with how the moderators spend their time?

I personally am not concerned how they spend thier time. Isimply ws pointing out the irony of mediators of a satanic board practicing something, that if voted on would be determined to be decidedly unsatanic.

One last note. It seems to me and I maybe mistaken, but you appear to be respected and liked by the hierarchy. You may even have some influence with them. I don't intend to offend anyone, but if I do I figure they will get over it or they won't.

Edited by Maverick (11/11/03 10:48 AM)

#15398 - 11/11/03 11:35 AM Re: A different approach... [Re: Maverick]
Sarracenia Offline
CoS Member

But no free speech on LttD. Stalin would be proud.

LttD is Reverend Ventrue's property. What we can say or do on his turf is limited by him, and rightly so. Thus, there is no free speech.

As you may not have noticed, Reverend Ventrue has been very generous. I think it is extremely rude and offbase to say that he is on a power trip.

Satanism is a belief system whose guidelines are for the most part spelled out in the Satanic Bible. It is human nature to seek how other people interprete those ideas and how it influence thier lives.

It is very presumptous (and downright incorrect in some cases) for you to say that it is in a Satanist's nature to give a damn about what other people think and do.

Step outside of those perimeters and you are no longer satanist.

A Satanist cannot step out of Satanism.

Isimply ws pointing out the irony of mediators of a satanic board practicing something, that if voted on would be determined to be decidedly unsatanic.

1. Who said anything about LttD being a democracy?
2. What makes you think that what is Satanic and unSatanic is determined by the whims of the majority (comprised of Satanists or not)?
3. What makes you think the majority agrees with you?

It seems to me and I maybe mistaken, but you appear to be respected and liked by the hierarchy.

The hierarchy has not voted on that yet.

You have this ingrained misconception that Satanists are in a community. Get over it.

ToV

#15399 - 11/11/03 01:27 PM Re: A different approach... [Re: Sarracenia]
Maverick Offline

LttD is Reverend Ventrue's property. What we can say or do on his turf is limited by him, and rightly so. Thus, there is no free speech.
As you may not have noticed, Reverend Ventrue has been very generous. I think it is extremely rude and offbase to say that he is on a power trip.

First off you have taken what I have said out of context. I didn't address how Reverend Venture or how he runs his forum. You are correct it is his property and he can run it the way he likes. I didn't say he was on a power trip I pointed out how stalin YOUR comment was. You stated there is no free speech on this forum. From what I have seen this forum has freedom of speech. I will have to read teh guidelines for this forum again, but the best I recall the freedom of speech on this forum was about the same as it was in the first ammendment in that with free speech there is responsibility of what and how you speak something. Like the example I gave with yelling fire in a crowded theater. The only other limitation I can think of for this forum is proselytizing by theist. Apparently I have to spell everything out.

It is very presumptous (and downright incorrect in some cases) for you to say that it is in a Satanist's nature to give a damn about what other people think and do.

That is debatable for one.... and for another I didn't say a satanists' nature but human nature. Unless next your gonna tell me satanist go beyond human nature.

A Satanist cannot step out of Satanism.

And contrary to popular belief a person is not born anything. They are born with inclinations but even those can be molded by environment (the whole john locke rights of man business).
So a person can practice satanism in it's purest form or reject it and be a eastern thinker(which I will have to clarify at a later date). either way people make choices and circumstances that influence thier belief systems. And yes I have seen it to many times people perpetually seeking a belief they fit into and changing from one to the next. Human nature, sadly it also ruins most belief systems including satanism.

I didn't say it was a democracy or that the majority ruled, Even America is not a true democracy. again youy missed the point. people on this forum in general make statements and judgements about what is or is notr satanic. The satanic bible in it literal form determines what is or is not satanic. anything that is subjective is left up for grabs and human whims.
And like it or not people with a common belief whether localised or not is a community.

And a i don't give a shit additude about anything or anyone does not a satanist make. I know a few people who could care less about anything or anyone and they aren't satanist. And I know a few satanist who do care about alot of things.

#15400 - 11/11/03 01:51 PM Re: A different approach... [Re: Maverick]
Sarracenia Offline
CoS Member

From Magus Peter Gilmore

"The use of the adjective “Satanic” with the noun “community” is oxymoronic..."

From Reverend Ventrue

"There is no censorship here, censorship would mean you had a right to free speech.... I do not remember stating that I allowed free speech. If you post something stupid or an out right lie like that post was, it will get deleted. Like the Church of Satan, this is not a democracy... love it or leave it!!!! "

Last time I checked Satanists are also humans.

ToV

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406071 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements