Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#154754 - 04/04/06 02:37 PM Toilet Seat Meditation
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
Dr Lavey was totally right in his Devils notebook about the toilet part, in fact i just read it again and started smiling..
If you have a good lock on the door and a comfortable seat, there's almost no better place to read a good book or even make some business decisions+ like i do personally.
Absorbing input while releasing outflow.
Those two pages are funny as hell for sure.

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#154755 - 04/04/06 02:43 PM Re: Toilet Seat Meditation [Re: x9x]
Hydra_M_Star Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC
It is also one of the few places I know I won't be bothered. But I think my husband is starting to catch on to me and the other day knocked on the door to ask me if I was using the toilet or just reading.

#154756 - 04/04/06 05:17 PM Re: Toilet Seat Meditation [Re: x9x]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
My toilet has a special preasure switch on it.

Everytime the switch is activated, a light goes on somewhere that prompts someone to call my phone.

#154757 - 04/04/06 05:30 PM Re: Toilet Seat Meditation [Re: x9x]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
I always seem to have the dreaded phone call or door bell, just seems to disrupt the natural process! In Somalia we had outhouses and the mortars were awful! Needless to say, I got it down to a quick swish and flick! H.S.!
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#154758 - 04/04/06 06:04 PM Re: Toilet Seat Meditation [Re: RandomStranger]
Mile_Highlander Offline

I had a girlfriend that used to bust in on me. Damn annoying.... Possibly too much information!

#154759 - 04/04/06 07:21 PM Re: Toilet Seat Meditation [Re: Hydra_M_Star]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Precisely.

The bathroom is one place where you can usually be sure no one will bother you, stare at you, or prod at you. It's a great place to sit and read, or just sit and meditate.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#154760 - 04/04/06 09:07 PM Re: Toilet Seat Meditation [Re: x9x]
toad Offline

CoS Member

Loc: texas
I call mine my "office", and I do most of my reading in there. I've been thinking of building a bookshelf for in front of the crapper.
Also, I take the cordless in with me if nobody else is home. I don't usually answer the phone, but I might think of something and want to make a call.
What gets me is how many people get upset over the thought of eating in the bathroom. If I just made myself a tasty sandwich, and am about halfway through it when the mood hits me, I'm taking the sandwich with me.
All I need now is a laptop so that I can surf the web while in there.
Toad

I have the power to channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia.

#154761 - 04/04/06 10:57 PM Re: Toilet Seat Meditation [Re: x9x]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

Dr Lavey was totally right in his Devils notebook about the toilet part, in fact i just read it again and started smiling..
If you have a good lock on the door and a comfortable seat, there's almost no better place to read a good book or even make some business decisions+ like i do personally.
Absorbing input while releasing outflow.
Those two pages are funny as hell for sure.

i read shampoo bottles when im on the john. or whatever else is around that has labels on it.

#154762 - 04/04/06 11:04 PM Re: Toilet Seat Meditation [Re: uncleherpe]
Vincent Offline
CoS Member

Loc: B.C.
The best reason to have some good books lying around in there!

#154763 - 04/04/06 11:25 PM Re: Toilet Seat Meditation [Re: RandomStranger]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
You just keep getting funner and funner.

I am really starting to enjoy your posts.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#154764 - 04/04/06 11:58 PM Re: Toilet Seat Meditation [Re: Vincent]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

The best reason to have some good books lying around in there!

well its nice to know what to do if I accidently swallowed something...

#154765 - 04/05/06 12:30 AM Re: Toilet Seat Meditation [Re: uncleherpe]
Vincent Offline
CoS Member

Loc: B.C.
But shampoo is only half your problem!

#154766 - 04/05/06 01:02 AM Re: Toilet Seat Meditation [Re: x9x]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
I honestly suspect men on the whole have more of that meditation-like attachment to taking a #2. It's the only time we sit down to do the job. You can take a #1 with no barrier separating you and the guy at the urinal next to you, but a #2 seems to demand a long time relaxing in a private environment. The public men's rooms never get couches or social chatter anyway.

"For Eigerman bright ideas and excretion were inextricably linked; he did all his best thinking with his trousers around his ankles. More than once, in his cups, he'd explained to any who'd listen that world peace and a cure for cancer could be achieved overnight if the wise and the good would just sit down and take a crap together." - Clive Barker, Cabal

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#154767 - 04/05/06 02:01 AM Re: Toilet Seat Meditation [Re: Discipline]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Thank you, sir!

#154768 - 04/05/06 02:23 AM Re: Toilet Seat Meditation [Re: x9x]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
As I have posted on this before, all my best reading has been done while sitting on the throne.

In fact, the entirety of The Devil's Notebook was read while sitting on the crapper at my girlfriend's (at the time) house. It was pretty much the only "me time" I got with two extrememly loud, obnoxious, and annoying little kids running around.

You will always find reading material in my bathroom.

SETI@Home Team

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43977 Topics
406021 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements