Topic Options
#156919 - 04/16/06 09:33 PM A few annoying questions
Buffy Offline

Loc: Mackay- Australia
Infernal Greetings
I would like to know a few things
1- Why isn't there a COS in Australia?
2- Who makes the decisions in this area?
I know that satanism is definitely not a top priority religion/belief in Australia, but even the smallest religions still have rights and classed to be socially accepted. Can anyone suggest where I find out more information of this nature, or does anybody have any information about this? It would be greatly appreciated if I could be directed in the right paths about this.

Hail Satan!

The most successful people are those who are good at plan B.

#156920 - 04/16/06 09:41 PM Re: A few annoying questions [Re: Buffy]
IX Von ZehEhv Offline

CoS Warlock

[Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here. All other replies will be deleted.]

Edited by MagisterParadise (04/16/06 09:42 PM)

#156921 - 04/16/06 09:46 PM Re: A few annoying questions [Re: Buffy]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Why isn't there a COS in Australia?

What drew you to this conclusion? The Church of Satan is a worldwide organization with any number of representatives and members in Australia.

Not exactly a well-worded question. I assume you mean to ask who heads the Church of Satan in regard to Australia (rather ironic since you assumed the Church of Satan had no presence in Australia with your first question).

The Church of Satan is headed by High Priest Peter Gilmore and his wife, High Priestess Peggy Nadramia. They administer top-level church functions on an international level, including Australia, from the headquarters in New York, NY.

I'm also not sure what the status of Satanism as a minority religion has to do with acquisition of information, since it is a minority religion in the US and everywhere else. The basic literature, including the five books authored by Dr. LaVey, and the two books authored by Magistra Blanche Barton, can be ordered from the CoS Emporium or from amazon.com. The CoS webpage, or course, is available for free internationally (except perhaps in some countries that censor it).

#156922 - 04/16/06 09:49 PM Re: A few annoying questions [Re: Buffy]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
Quote:

1- Why isn't there a COS in Australia?

If you are referring to a brick and mortar structure, the reason is because there are none to begin with. The Church of Satan does not operate like that.

Quote:

What "decisions" would those be?

Quote:

Can anyone suggest where I find out more information of this nature, or does anybody have any information about this? It would be greatly appreciated if I could be directed in the right paths about this.

If you are looking for Church of Satan-approved Grottos in your area, you must be a member of the CoS before anything else. Also, a grotto in your area might not want to be known publicly, and still others in existence are not looking for new members.

Perhaps if you were a bit more specific in your inquiry, one of us could answer your question better.

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

#156923 - 04/16/06 10:08 PM Re: A few annoying questions [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Buffy Offline

Loc: Mackay- Australia
Thank you for the reply.

Yes you are right. My questions were not very specific. I appreciate the information you have given me and you have answered that which I was curious to know.

H.S!

The most successful people are those who are good at plan B.

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements