Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#159767 - 04/29/06 04:47 PM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
UmbraeNoctem Offline
Banned

Loc: Barksdale AFB, Louisiana, USA
I could never date a church going Christian.

Alien Elite.
Test Everything. Believe Nothing.

#159768 - 04/29/06 10:26 PM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
uncleherpe Offline

I was dating a buddhist for like a week. uuuuugh. never again. they're so... harmless. fuck that.

#159769 - 04/30/06 12:24 AM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
I kinda dated a Satanist once, it didn't go to well for me and I don't think he fully understands why I chose not to further the relationship. Someone told him it had something to do with me being a 'first favorite' or something a long those lines. I am not a registered memember and I know thats not how things work. I was very much in love with this man, he has a great personality, there was just one imperfection that really got to me, so I ran...fast.

I dated a church going Christian and he turned out to be a total dick. He was not very Christian at all either, except for the fact that he loved to fit in. He lied to everyone about anything just to be accepted. He goes to church every week and says grace for every meal. Never stands up for anything he believes in, and always hates everything his friends hates and loves everything his friends love. Told his mother that me being a Satanist scared him, yet he continued to hang out with our dear old next door neighbor, who is a CoS warlock. His opinion changed based on who he was with. He was a sheep in wolves' clothing.

I am currently dating a 'salad Christian.'
Incase you don't know what that is, he picks out the parts of Christianity he agrees with, and never goes to church. He's never been drunk and he doesn't care of the opinions of others. I would assume he knows that I am a Satanist, seeing as how hes in the same room as me as I type this, hes seen me go on the site many times and I talked to him about all my experiences with other Satanists.

Overall, I think personality has more to do with it than religion. If you have to hide your religion from someone out of fear, it has nothing to do with their religion, but to do with how much of a closed minded dick they are.

#159770 - 04/30/06 05:40 AM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
ElJago Offline

Loc: Northumberland, England
I would find it very difficult to enter into a relationship with a practising xtian, muslim, or jew.
Their fundamental belief in a higher diety/creator would prove to be a stumbling block to large to overcome.
I wouldn't like to be in a relationship where discussion/debate on such an important issue as belief was taboo.

I have had brief dalliance's with people who were practising xtians etc, but they were so brief the subject of belief never came up as it were !

My partner is from a roman catholic background, but is now a confirmed atheist.

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

#159771 - 04/30/06 06:02 AM Re: Xian reletions [Re: ElJago]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
My partner is an atheist, at first she was kinda nervous when i said that Satanism is my thing, after some explaination that there's no devil worshipping and other mumbo jumbo legends around it at all, she understands better and respect my choice. She even thinks my Baphomet necklace is bestial,sexy and erotic..

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#159772 - 04/30/06 09:54 AM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
Mile_Highlander Offline

I remember a lengthy post about this awhile back...

In a nutshell, it's a bad idea. Xtians, Jews and Muslims consider people outside of their religions second class at best. Even if the other person "tolerated" your beliefs, it would be a point of contention.
Now, a relationship with an atheist? Perhaps. A relation ship with a person who has the Holier-than-thou complex? Never. Remember, you have taken on the name of Satan. Therefore you are the "adversary" to their god.

#159773 - 04/30/06 10:33 AM Re: Xian reletions [Re: Mile_Highlander]
MaliciousSeraph Offline

Quote:

Never. Remember, you have taken on the name of Satan. Therefore you are the "adversary" to their god.

Just because the CoS belives what I do, does not mean I have to associate myself with Satan like them. I am a 'Satanist' yes, but I don't use it. Satan is only an archetype for what we belive. I do not, nor will I ever use Satan as an example or way to help others understand me.There are so many better ways for me to explain the way I feel then by bringing SATAN into the picture.
The only concern any atheist partner of mine might have, is that I worship the devil. Why is that? Because if they already know me well enough to be in a reletionship they should know I am sane by now. Once I tell them the truth they would obviously be concerned for themselves as well as for me. Keep in mind we are still talking about an athiest.
Insted of bringing up a name like Satan, there are many other ways to explain my views on life. We are not limited to what Dr.LaVey has labeled us. Now that is not meant to disrespect him in anyway. Or for me to suggest my disagreement. I think Satan was EXTREMLY fitting, however I am not going to use Satan to explain how I feel about the world.
I am not anyone's 'Adversary'. The more misguided the world is the easier it SHOULD be to take advantage.

#159774 - 04/30/06 10:36 AM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
WolfMoon Offline

I dated a Catholic about a year ago. Our disagreements in beliefs was a bit of a problem I would say. Not so much on my end, because I'm not out to "convert" anyone. But I would always get questions from her like "why don't you believe in God?" or "what do you think happens when you die?" I don't mind questions but there was always an underlining smirk of self-righteousness, which was annoying to say the least.

#159775 - 04/30/06 11:31 AM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
1:If you want join the FBI for real, make sure your spelling is correct. I never understood why a lot of American citizens on this board are making so much mistakes in their own language.
The title of your choosen subject already holds a mistake.

2: What do you mean with "Just because the CoS belives what I do"?

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#159776 - 04/30/06 11:49 AM Re: Xian reletions [Re: x9x]
MaliciousSeraph Offline

Quote:

The title of your choosen subject already holds a mistake.

I was wondering about that, thanks.

#159777 - 04/30/06 02:19 PM Re: Xian relations [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I never had any problems dating people of all kinds of religions, for the simple reason religion had a very little (if any) part on the relationship.

The only kind of people that would be “off limits” would be fanatic people who make their religion the center of their lives and occupy 90% of their waking time thinking about it.

But most people, even religious ones, are not completely obsessed with their gods and churches. Many people are just indifferent and they just take a religion as part of a tradition that their parents passed to them. They go to their Church only when there is a wedding or a funeral.

I have had a relationship that lasted months and the theme or religion was never discussed. At some moment she mentioned she had been in a “Bible study group” of some kind and I just shrugged and said “I’m not into that kind of things… Wanna try some spaghetti”?

#159779 - 05/02/06 12:16 PM Re: Xian reletions [Re: Mile_Highlander]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>Now, a relationship with an atheist? Perhaps. A
>>relation ship with a person who has the
>>Holier-than-thou complex? Never.

Unfortunately, the two aren't mutually exclusive. Atheists have their share of fanatics and anti-Satanic behavior.

Personally I'd be just as frustrated with somebody who points and giggles at my altar, as I would be with somebody who was afraid to look at my altar.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#159780 - 05/02/06 12:35 PM Re: Xian relations [Re: Old_Pig]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>I never had any problems dating people of all
>>kinds of religions, for the simple reason
>>religion had a very little (if any) part on the
>>relationship.

This has largely been the case with me too. Whether it's friendship or dating, I've found that in my best relationships with people, the subject of religion simply rarely comes up. This seems especially true with my Satanist friends.

Of course, there's got to me some degree of agreement when it comes to subjects like morality and politics. For example, I couldn't stand being with somebody who'd try to guilt-trip me for eating meat or for not giving a dollar to a bum on the street. But these things don't have to be tied in with religious titles.

And as others have mentioned, the idea of exclusively dating other Satanists seems impractical to me. Would love to if I could. I've seen some who've claimed to do this, though I have to wonder if the number of people they've ever dated is a single digit. Anyway, not only are we a minority, but 1) I've given up on that hopeless romantic search-for-perfection/soulmate game a long time ago, and 2) it's certainly no guarantee that two Satanists are going to get along just because they're Satanists.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#159781 - 05/02/06 12:57 PM Re: Xian relations [Re: Bill_M]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

And as others have mentioned, the idea of exclusively dating other Satanists seems impractical to me. Would love to if I could. I've seen some who've claimed to do this, though I have to wonder if the number of people they've ever dated is a single digit.

In terms of serious relationships, it certainly is a single digit.

I may not have been clear before, but I've never said anything against casually dating anyone of any religion. A Catholic girl could be rather fun if you ask me. Would I actually marry or live with such a person? Not at all.

I should also state that on every occasion that I've seriously dated Satanists, it has required considerable effort on the part of both parties to make it serious. As in, we often lived hundreds of miles apart; it can indeed be a barrier, but not an insurmountable one.

#159782 - 05/02/06 06:26 PM Re: Xian relations [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
In my experience one of the most important things in a long term relationship is mutual respect. Your perspective mate should respect your religious and philosophical outlooks and vice versa.

I have found that a deist, while they may profess to be open minded and free thinking, deep inside they want to argue with me about my religion and philosophies, and eventually do. Eventually they back out and show their true colors.

If a person is truly open minded and can respect the way I live and the way I think, and I can respect the way they think and live then it can work. It has been my experience, though, that I have no respect for those that believe in fairy tales, and more than likely a person of faith will not really respect my way of life.

So, I am looking for someone who is either a Satanist, or very open minded and able to accept me for who I am. That generally discounts persons of faith. I am also a BDSM lifestyler, so I have to be very picky about finding a life partner. Talk about a difficult task!

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12219 Members
73 Forums
44001 Topics
406140 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements