Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#159751 - 04/29/06 09:25 AM Xian relations
MaliciousSeraph Offline

When I was alot younger I remember going to a forum call 'Satanist.Net'. They were not affiliated with the CoS and most of what they promoted was very bad. I think they eventually got shut down b/c so many people complained (not nessecarily users).
Anyways while I was there, there was a thread made about our reletionship with xians. The man that made the thread was married to one and asked if anyone had done the same. I was very shocked at the number of people who said they had xian GF/BF's, or who were even engaged and married to them.
Yes, they all had kept it a secret from there significant other. One guy even said he was just holding TSB for a freind. I was wondering if any of you are involved with xians or have been? If so, explain why you think that it may work out for the better.

Edited by MaliciousSeraph (04/30/06 11:36 AM)

#159752 - 04/29/06 10:04 AM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
The girl I was with last night claimed to come from a very devout catholic upbringing, but I have never tried to marry one. For one thing, there is a good chance that they would want toget married in a church, and I will never go to a church for anything. I am also too young to get married. everyone I know that IS married say that I am wise to put it off until later in life because I am still young and have too much of my life to enjoy before getting tied down with that kind of responsibility. I agree with them.

#159753 - 04/29/06 10:11 AM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
sCara Offline

This has been covered before. The search feature will bring up many a reply - in the case of people not wanting to repeat themselves.

My take, short and sweet: I would not marry a man that was not a Satanist.

#159754 - 04/29/06 10:23 AM Re: Xian reletions [Re: sCara]
MaliciousSeraph Offline

Quote:

My take, short and sweet: I would not marry a man that was not a Satanist.

What about you ascendacy, could you marry someone who is not a satanist?

#159755 - 04/29/06 11:30 AM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
Adversary Offline

Loc: El Paso, TX
If Satanists only dated or married other Satanists, then there would be many lonely Satanists. Seriously, I bet there are many here that have never met other Satanists outside the internet. That's an advantage of not being a martyr.
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him." - Sun Tzu "Morality is a human invention conferred by the self-serving interests of the sensually impoverished" - Anton Szandor LaVey

#159756 - 04/29/06 11:52 AM Re: Xian reletions [Re: Adversary]
MaliciousSeraph Offline

Quote:

If Satanists only dated or married other Satanists, then there would be many lonely Satanists.

Agreed, but I think that most satanists become involved with athiests, not xians. Or so I thought, in fact I think I will make this a poll.
Have you have been involved with a xian
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 04/29/06 11:51 AM
View the results of this poll.

#159757 - 04/29/06 12:07 PM Re: Xian reletions[sic] [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Quote:

When I was alot younger I remember going to a forum call 'Satanist.Net'. They were not affiliated with the CoS and most of what they promoted was very bad. I think they eventually got shut down b/c so many people complained (not nessecarily users).
Anyways while I was there, there was a thread made about our reletionship with xians. The man that made the thread was married to one and asked if anyone had done the same. I was very shocked at the number of people who said they had xian GF/BF's, or who were even engaged and married to them.
Yes, they all had kept it a secret from there significant other. One guy even said he was just holding TSB for a freind. I was wondering if any of you are involved with xians or have been? If so, explain why you think that it may work out for the better.

"After college I plan to join the FBI"

#159758 - 04/29/06 12:07 PM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
Neko Offline
CoS Member

There is a direct correlation between compatibility, and long term success for relationships. If your intent is to have a short fling then it really doesn’t matter much. If you’re looking for something more long term, then it’s more important to find a partner that is compatible with you. Only you can decide what that is, and if your partner being xian would interfere with your enjoyment of the relationship.

My wife is not a xian. I do not think a relationship would prove to be successful for me in the long term, if my significant other's beliefs so contradicted mine. My wife is not a Satanist, although she exhibits many of the qualities one would expect to find in one. Her views, while not mirroring completely, are definitely compatible with mine.

The Temple | The Elite

#159759 - 04/29/06 12:10 PM Re: Xian reletions[sic] [Re: RandomStranger]
MaliciousSeraph Offline

I really don't want to start this again.

#159760 - 04/29/06 12:23 PM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I also would only consider a serious relationship with a Satanist; I've had more than one such relationship, and I did not consider such relationships immeasurably difficult to find.

I've said this before, but any Satanist who would marry, much less have children with, a theist is asking for trouble. I will allow that some Satanists can find a perfectly suitable mate in an atheist, but marrying someone who honestly believes in a deity? I'd feel like I was marrying a retard.

Also, we are more open to legal discrimination than perhaps any religion in America; there are no advocacy groups to cover our backs. If you have children with a theist and it doesn't work out (and really, is it likely to work out?), guess who will never get custody in a million years...

#159762 - 04/29/06 01:36 PM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
I agree with Warlock Leviathan; compatibility is everything.

However, the expectation that Satanists only date Satanists is absurd.

Limiting compatibility to a religious context is rather self-defeating in my opinion.

Frankly, I'm sure that a few Satanists put more stock in other aspects of a relationship, if you get my meaning.

Only you can determine what you value in a relationship, but one thing is certain, not every Satanist is going to consider the things you value valuable.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#159763 - 04/29/06 03:03 PM Re: Xian reletions [Re: Poetaster]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I'll generally concur with the three previous posts.

I will say that I at least could date a theist, depending on the nature of their theism. If someone considers god to be more-or-less absent from the picture (deism or the like); an entity or force that holds together time and space; or an entity or force that directs and enlivens the flows of nature, creation, and destruction, then such theism may in fact be generally benign in theory. (Of course, in practice, it may be another matter.)

Incidentally, for me, I'd tend to think that dating a theist would be problematic not simply because they believe in a big person (or collection of persons) in the sky, but more because of the moral and personal worldview that usually goes along with that belief. I tend not to date theists because they typically have a childishly naive, goody-two-shoes view of the world, society, and justice. Also, many theists have a strong external locus of control, meaning, they don't believe in their ability to influence their circumstances, and I'd be annoyed with someone like that.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#159764 - 04/29/06 03:32 PM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: Florida
When starting a relationship, it is absolutely essential that everyone involved have some common ground in their basic values. Because of the differences in the very nature of the religions, this can create conflict. However, I wouldn't say it's entirely impossible.

A few years ago I would have thought otherwise, but having met at least one Satanist who carried on a relationship with a Catholic for a few years has changed my view a bit. They built their relationship around their shared interests and made an agreement not to get onto the subject of religion. They stuck to this agreement, and even managed to remain friends until about a year after they broke up.

The key thing is that neither one had any illusions about what they were in the relationship for. They knew there were no wedding bells in their future and they were free to take things one day at a time.

At the same time I realize that such a relationship would not be for me. I enjoy discussing religion way too much.

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

#159765 - 04/29/06 03:36 PM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

I will not marry or get into a serious relationship with anyone who is below me. Anyone I would share the rest of my life with must be elite.

I think that if you want another elite individual that you would be compatible with to come into your life strongly enough, then you CAN create that reality.

Just dating someone who is a theist is fine if they are fun, and when you get tired of them, you’re free to go. When I date people who are theists, I USUALLY like things a bit more on the platonic side (meaning that kissing is the farthest I like to go with most theists) and I don't date them very long.

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

#159766 - 04/29/06 04:02 PM Re: Xian reletions [Re: Virus9]
DarkWater Offline
CoS Member

Loc: SinCity
Quote:

At the same time I realize that such a relationship would not be for me. I enjoy discussing religion way too much.

Me too. Satanism pulses though all my thoughts, all my actions. I doubt that a Christian, and probably not many theists of any flavor, could be committed to a Satanist unreserved in speech and deed (within the relationship). Even if this were false, I would not be able to stomach their thoughts and ways. I have a low tolerance for the childish, for the emotionally unstable, for the intellectually crippled, for those high on spiritual pipedreams. Neither money nor great sex can keep me in a relationship with such a creature.

This perspective, of course, is not universal among Satanists. But it is my position, one that I will not personally compromise.

DarkWater

#159767 - 04/29/06 04:47 PM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
UmbraeNoctem Offline
Banned

Loc: Barksdale AFB, Louisiana, USA
I could never date a church going Christian.

Alien Elite.
Test Everything. Believe Nothing.

#159768 - 04/29/06 10:26 PM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
uncleherpe Offline

I was dating a buddhist for like a week. uuuuugh. never again. they're so... harmless. fuck that.

#159769 - 04/30/06 12:24 AM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
I kinda dated a Satanist once, it didn't go to well for me and I don't think he fully understands why I chose not to further the relationship. Someone told him it had something to do with me being a 'first favorite' or something a long those lines. I am not a registered memember and I know thats not how things work. I was very much in love with this man, he has a great personality, there was just one imperfection that really got to me, so I ran...fast.

I dated a church going Christian and he turned out to be a total dick. He was not very Christian at all either, except for the fact that he loved to fit in. He lied to everyone about anything just to be accepted. He goes to church every week and says grace for every meal. Never stands up for anything he believes in, and always hates everything his friends hates and loves everything his friends love. Told his mother that me being a Satanist scared him, yet he continued to hang out with our dear old next door neighbor, who is a CoS warlock. His opinion changed based on who he was with. He was a sheep in wolves' clothing.

I am currently dating a 'salad Christian.'
Incase you don't know what that is, he picks out the parts of Christianity he agrees with, and never goes to church. He's never been drunk and he doesn't care of the opinions of others. I would assume he knows that I am a Satanist, seeing as how hes in the same room as me as I type this, hes seen me go on the site many times and I talked to him about all my experiences with other Satanists.

Overall, I think personality has more to do with it than religion. If you have to hide your religion from someone out of fear, it has nothing to do with their religion, but to do with how much of a closed minded dick they are.

#159770 - 04/30/06 05:40 AM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
ElJago Offline

Loc: Northumberland, England
I would find it very difficult to enter into a relationship with a practising xtian, muslim, or jew.
Their fundamental belief in a higher diety/creator would prove to be a stumbling block to large to overcome.
I wouldn't like to be in a relationship where discussion/debate on such an important issue as belief was taboo.

I have had brief dalliance's with people who were practising xtians etc, but they were so brief the subject of belief never came up as it were !

My partner is from a roman catholic background, but is now a confirmed atheist.

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

#159771 - 04/30/06 06:02 AM Re: Xian reletions [Re: ElJago]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
My partner is an atheist, at first she was kinda nervous when i said that Satanism is my thing, after some explaination that there's no devil worshipping and other mumbo jumbo legends around it at all, she understands better and respect my choice. She even thinks my Baphomet necklace is bestial,sexy and erotic..

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#159772 - 04/30/06 09:54 AM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
Mile_Highlander Offline

I remember a lengthy post about this awhile back...

In a nutshell, it's a bad idea. Xtians, Jews and Muslims consider people outside of their religions second class at best. Even if the other person "tolerated" your beliefs, it would be a point of contention.
Now, a relationship with an atheist? Perhaps. A relation ship with a person who has the Holier-than-thou complex? Never. Remember, you have taken on the name of Satan. Therefore you are the "adversary" to their god.

#159773 - 04/30/06 10:33 AM Re: Xian reletions [Re: Mile_Highlander]
MaliciousSeraph Offline

Quote:

Never. Remember, you have taken on the name of Satan. Therefore you are the "adversary" to their god.

Just because the CoS belives what I do, does not mean I have to associate myself with Satan like them. I am a 'Satanist' yes, but I don't use it. Satan is only an archetype for what we belive. I do not, nor will I ever use Satan as an example or way to help others understand me.There are so many better ways for me to explain the way I feel then by bringing SATAN into the picture.
The only concern any atheist partner of mine might have, is that I worship the devil. Why is that? Because if they already know me well enough to be in a reletionship they should know I am sane by now. Once I tell them the truth they would obviously be concerned for themselves as well as for me. Keep in mind we are still talking about an athiest.
Insted of bringing up a name like Satan, there are many other ways to explain my views on life. We are not limited to what Dr.LaVey has labeled us. Now that is not meant to disrespect him in anyway. Or for me to suggest my disagreement. I think Satan was EXTREMLY fitting, however I am not going to use Satan to explain how I feel about the world.
I am not anyone's 'Adversary'. The more misguided the world is the easier it SHOULD be to take advantage.

#159774 - 04/30/06 10:36 AM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
WolfMoon Offline

I dated a Catholic about a year ago. Our disagreements in beliefs was a bit of a problem I would say. Not so much on my end, because I'm not out to "convert" anyone. But I would always get questions from her like "why don't you believe in God?" or "what do you think happens when you die?" I don't mind questions but there was always an underlining smirk of self-righteousness, which was annoying to say the least.

#159775 - 04/30/06 11:31 AM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
1:If you want join the FBI for real, make sure your spelling is correct. I never understood why a lot of American citizens on this board are making so much mistakes in their own language.
The title of your choosen subject already holds a mistake.

2: What do you mean with "Just because the CoS belives what I do"?

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#159776 - 04/30/06 11:49 AM Re: Xian reletions [Re: x9x]
MaliciousSeraph Offline

Quote:

The title of your choosen subject already holds a mistake.

I was wondering about that, thanks.

#159777 - 04/30/06 02:19 PM Re: Xian relations [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I never had any problems dating people of all kinds of religions, for the simple reason religion had a very little (if any) part on the relationship.

The only kind of people that would be “off limits” would be fanatic people who make their religion the center of their lives and occupy 90% of their waking time thinking about it.

But most people, even religious ones, are not completely obsessed with their gods and churches. Many people are just indifferent and they just take a religion as part of a tradition that their parents passed to them. They go to their Church only when there is a wedding or a funeral.

I have had a relationship that lasted months and the theme or religion was never discussed. At some moment she mentioned she had been in a “Bible study group” of some kind and I just shrugged and said “I’m not into that kind of things… Wanna try some spaghetti”?

#159779 - 05/02/06 12:16 PM Re: Xian reletions [Re: Mile_Highlander]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>Now, a relationship with an atheist? Perhaps. A
>>relation ship with a person who has the
>>Holier-than-thou complex? Never.

Unfortunately, the two aren't mutually exclusive. Atheists have their share of fanatics and anti-Satanic behavior.

Personally I'd be just as frustrated with somebody who points and giggles at my altar, as I would be with somebody who was afraid to look at my altar.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#159780 - 05/02/06 12:35 PM Re: Xian relations [Re: Old_Pig]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>I never had any problems dating people of all
>>kinds of religions, for the simple reason
>>religion had a very little (if any) part on the
>>relationship.

This has largely been the case with me too. Whether it's friendship or dating, I've found that in my best relationships with people, the subject of religion simply rarely comes up. This seems especially true with my Satanist friends.

Of course, there's got to me some degree of agreement when it comes to subjects like morality and politics. For example, I couldn't stand being with somebody who'd try to guilt-trip me for eating meat or for not giving a dollar to a bum on the street. But these things don't have to be tied in with religious titles.

And as others have mentioned, the idea of exclusively dating other Satanists seems impractical to me. Would love to if I could. I've seen some who've claimed to do this, though I have to wonder if the number of people they've ever dated is a single digit. Anyway, not only are we a minority, but 1) I've given up on that hopeless romantic search-for-perfection/soulmate game a long time ago, and 2) it's certainly no guarantee that two Satanists are going to get along just because they're Satanists.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#159781 - 05/02/06 12:57 PM Re: Xian relations [Re: Bill_M]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

And as others have mentioned, the idea of exclusively dating other Satanists seems impractical to me. Would love to if I could. I've seen some who've claimed to do this, though I have to wonder if the number of people they've ever dated is a single digit.

In terms of serious relationships, it certainly is a single digit.

I may not have been clear before, but I've never said anything against casually dating anyone of any religion. A Catholic girl could be rather fun if you ask me. Would I actually marry or live with such a person? Not at all.

I should also state that on every occasion that I've seriously dated Satanists, it has required considerable effort on the part of both parties to make it serious. As in, we often lived hundreds of miles apart; it can indeed be a barrier, but not an insurmountable one.

#159782 - 05/02/06 06:26 PM Re: Xian relations [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
In my experience one of the most important things in a long term relationship is mutual respect. Your perspective mate should respect your religious and philosophical outlooks and vice versa.

I have found that a deist, while they may profess to be open minded and free thinking, deep inside they want to argue with me about my religion and philosophies, and eventually do. Eventually they back out and show their true colors.

If a person is truly open minded and can respect the way I live and the way I think, and I can respect the way they think and live then it can work. It has been my experience, though, that I have no respect for those that believe in fairy tales, and more than likely a person of faith will not really respect my way of life.

So, I am looking for someone who is either a Satanist, or very open minded and able to accept me for who I am. That generally discounts persons of faith. I am also a BDSM lifestyler, so I have to be very picky about finding a life partner. Talk about a difficult task!

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#159783 - 05/03/06 08:28 AM Re: Xian reletions [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
NO! I would never marry someone if she was not a Satanist. I do, however, enjoy sleeping with lots of other religious, as I find it amusing to watch someone so "righteous" do what many other RHP religions would consider to be wrong, degrading, and immoral

#159784 - 06/11/06 09:58 AM Re: Xian relations [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
darkangel1210 Offline

Loc: England
I have been with my partner for nearly two years now and for as long as I have known him he has been a Pagan. He doesn't believe all the aspects of his religion, except Val Halla, the Viking afterlife. He told me he liked the idea of it and wanted to believe it.

My first reaction was to discuss why he chose to believe in something so illogical and his answer was the simple fact that he wanted something to be there.

I have made it clear to him that he cannot make me understand his reasoning. But as long as he doesn't shove it down my throat I don't have a problem with him as a person. I wouldn't be with him now if I didn't like the person and the religion he chooses to believe in doesn't affect our lives in any way; it's a personal thing and he doesn't let it get in the way of our relationship.

Although I wouldn't date a Christian for anyone or anything. They just annoy me, plain and simple.
What does not kill me, makes me stronger - Friedrich Nietzsche Man is the cruelest animal - Friedrich Nietzsche Governments should be afraid of their people, not people of their governments - V, 'V for Vendetta'

#159785 - 06/11/06 11:05 AM Re: Xian relations [Re: darkangel1210]
Rasputin Offline

Loc: Israel
Hmmm... I'm also interested in Norse mythology, but I realized that those things are not to be taken literally. The folks who 'invented' the myths didn't knew that those myths are coming from a deeper place inside ones own mind/psyche. They are like dreams. Collective dreams. The vikings took them literally (I guess). Any way, not all people are mentally strong as Nietzsche for example. His Thor-like might and strength was shown by the honoreable and respectable way in which he died. People need myths.
"What do you mean? "Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is morning to be good on?" (Gandalf, The Hobbit- J. R. R. Tolkien)

#159786 - 06/11/06 12:41 PM Re: Xian relations [Re: dragondancer]
SueW Offline
CoS Member

Loc: TN,United States
I read a number of the replies to this- and this brings up a question because the women appear to be saying no and the men say doesnot matter , for the most part. Do you think that the difference might in part be psychological in addition to theological?
I am taking a couple of factors into consideration here.
-That it takes a special type of man to deal with a strong willed woman in the first place.
-That this may , in someways , prove a greater challenge for Xtian men because they have been told all of their lives to rule over women. That they ae entitled.That the charm maybe superficial and short termed in this instance.
-That what makes our Satanic brothers more attractive is that they work at it-including Lesser Magic. That practice done long enough has to be second nature. That we all recognize the differences between men and women psychologically as well as physically. It has to be a turn on NOT to make the journey from being considered stupid (and easily tricked) - to being allowed to start from capable and relaxed enough to do a little Lesser magic of your own, situation dependent both parties.

I have male friends , one of whom recently told me that I was easy to be around.When I asked him why-the response was that I wasn't trying to change him. If I wanted a project, I would build end tables to go with my coffee table...I neither want to change someone else or have them attempt to change me. I will be interested in the responses.

So the question is , and I mean it, mostly for the other women,though the men's viewpoint is also welcome- Do you think that the application of the philosophy might be what is making the gents here more appealing in theory and practice? Why or why not.

#159787 - 06/11/06 04:18 PM Re: Xian relations [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
Ares Offline

My bf is xian, and we get along just fine. When he first asked me what my religion was, I was trying to be sneaky, so as not to freak him out, because I thought he flip out and leave me, so I said I was a LaVeyian Atheist.

But I should known he knew what that was since he is majoring in theology, and his reaction was surprisingly good.

I asked him what he thought about it, and he said it was interesting, but it just wasn't for him, and he asked me, why am I not xian, and I said basically the same thing, and we have been good ever since.

I can even tell him about holidays, and other misc. stuff about Satanism, without him getting wierded out, so I think this whole xian vs. Satanist dating thing, is really just depends on who the person is.

Edited by Ares (06/11/06 04:19 PM)

#159788 - 06/12/06 04:01 AM Re: Xian relations [Re: MaliciousSeraph]
The_Lightning Offline

I have only one rule- I would never date a religious person. Ever.
I did try that once in a BDSM frame: I thought that making a religious man do blasphemous stuff for my entertainment would be nice.. but the truth is- those people are just so pathetic. I want somebody worthy of being with me…frankly.. (don't we all..?) and religious people (that is, that deeply worship one god) are not worthy… they are weak, they are slaves of pipe-dreams..
However, I must admit that some religious-Jewish women are too damn pretty for me to say no to… But that's a personal weakness =P

#159789 - 06/12/06 04:13 AM Re: Xian relations [Re: Ares]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
Quote:

I think this whole xian vs. Satanist dating thing, is really just depends on who the person is.

I couldn't agree more. I have dated and closely associated with xian women in the past, and they have been completely curious as to my beliefs and never once condemned me for them. However, there are some I've associated with that have turned away from me simply because they learned that I am a Satanist. I also believe it is based on the person rather than the belief.

#159790 - 06/12/06 05:19 AM Re: Xian relations [Re: Mr_47]
The_Lightning Offline

The belief is based on the person that holds it… of course.. If you were born a doubter your belief would be more flexible. And it's that flexibility that is extremely valuable in partners.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12216 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406130 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements