Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#160318 - 05/02/06 11:44 PM Re: Satanic Superstition ? [Re: Quiddity]
Neko Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

How about a shark's tooth? I seem to have plenty of them.

Maybe that's the problem.

The Temple | The Elite

#160319 - 05/02/06 11:48 PM Re: Satanic Superstition ? [Re: Neko]
LordAbyss Offline

Quote:

Quote:

How about a shark's tooth? I seem to have plenty of them.

Maybe that's the problem.

I will propably be banned for saying all the less so what the hell, let me guess: ToV members from the Bible Belt? As thick as it comes.

#160320 - 05/03/06 07:16 AM Re: Satanic Superstition ? [Re: man_mind]
ElJago Offline

Loc: Northumberland, England
I also can't help but think of Stewie shaving his nutsack whenever I hear the term "coin purse".

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

#160321 - 05/03/06 08:47 AM Re: I am the 3-fold law. [Re: Quiddity]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Maybe we should invent new superstitions, in order to fuel some Darwin Awards. "It's good luck to open an umbrella indoors! Especially if you start swinging it around! And don't forget to leave your rat shit stained, roach gut smeared boots on the table! It makes the jolly elves of the kitchen very happy!"

#160322 - 05/03/06 10:44 AM Re: Satanic Superstition ? [Re: LordAbyss]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>I could write a song starting with just about how wrong
>>that buckle is... face it, you don´t talk about these
>>things, you paint dragons on your denim trousers for fack
>>sakes) Among males? When did once if that become always?
>>Pocket books. Is this when I laugh out loud? Can´t be.

We were merely discussing the peculiar vocabulary difference between different English-speaking regions. I never said I myself carried a purse. So what the fuck were YOU talking about?

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#160323 - 05/03/06 10:46 AM Re: Satanic Superstition ? [Re: Quiddity]
man_mind Offline
Banned

If you had said a Tigers tooth, I would have said that I saw that episode of Twilight zone! lol.

Seriously, a friend of mine in the military, SGT (I'm sure SGT is wrong, is it SGNT?) Kelly (Last name withheld) Makes shark mouth plaques as a hobby. He offered to give me one for free, but I declined because he actually sells them for a couple hundred. Some are big some are small, and as ignorant as I am about the scientific terms of the sharks name, he also included that tid bit on a piece of engraved metal underneath the pointy, razor sharp display.

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#160324 - 05/03/06 10:55 AM Re: Astrology: Psych-Agent [Re: Quiddity]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>In this case, it is Psych-Agent, rather than nerve,
>>blister, or blood agent--or a bio-hazard.
>>
>>The answer is the same in every situation:
>>
>>DECONTAMINATE!

I don't understand how you can get so worked-up over something as mundane as astrology. We're talking about something that appears in the newspaper on the same page as the crossword puzzle and Family Circus.

>>I don't doubt there are some great books out
>>there about how to mindfuck someone out of this
>>and that

You mean like The Satanic Witch?

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#160325 - 05/03/06 10:56 AM Re: I am the 3-fold law. [Re: reprobate]
man_mind Offline
Banned

Ah, I like this idea.

It is good lick to have a portable radio with you at all times, and super lucky if you keep it on the edge of your tub while bathing. However, it must be on (insert) station.

It is bad luck to brush your teeth before bed.

It is bad luck to go to your doctors appointment for kemo if it is 4 minutes after 12.

It is good luck to sleep with as many people as possible when you're infected with the HIV virus. Especially close friends.

It is bad luck to rinse off your poultry.

It is good luck to eat the vegitable without rinsing. Rinsing them only washes away any potential good luck you could have.

Cleaning your toilet bowl is bad luck.

It is extreme good luck to wear the same underwear (All clothes that are worn under something else) for four weeks or longer.

It is good luck to go to Louisiana and stand in the first swarm of mequito you find, especially lucky if they are all swarmed around still water spots.

This can go on all day! Let's right a book!

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#160326 - 05/03/06 01:01 PM Pet Habits: Minor Rituals [Re: Bill_M]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Loc: CA
I'm not worked up. My comparisons are sound, albeit dramatic. I was referring more to conversation than a page on a newspaper. I see certain topics, like astrology or christinanity, as a sort of litmus test--a sort of general idea of what I can expect from a person in the future.

Obviously it is as harmless sitting on a newspaper page, as a person sitting on Santa's lap or hunting for easter eggs--which I don't do either. I don't ritualize buying a lie--even if I don't REALLY believe it. The pettiness of the lie is not an issue to me. The repetitive reinforcement of ritualizing something does not get me worked up--I simply have no respect for it, and have no problem saying so. It is this passive ritualization of known falsehoods that engender most of the ridiculous behavior and ideas in the world--from the astrology column to the Inquisition, to Muslim fanaticism. From a person's sign meaning something unwarranted, to dead people coming back to life, the power of prayer, and the bible proves that serpents could at one time speak.

I extend a smile and some tolerance as long as the stupidity is eating at someone else's mind, but when I feel it gnawing through my own backbone and brainstem, I withdraw my tolerance and give them the finger.

The process is significant. It is precisely it's apparently trivial nature that makes it significant--significant, without being important. Therefore, I don't take it seriously. I just simply don't take it at all.

If I'm going to make a pet habit out of something, I prefer it be something more interesting. I do have pet habits, in fact, here's one that seems petty in scale, but I enjoy it for about 30 seconds:

After Chinese food, there's always the fortune-cookie. For years now, I have thrown away the cookie and chewed up the fortune. I usually get pretty surprised looks in restaurants.

It's a pet habit--like the astrology column, but it's fun, and if there is any meaning to the ritual--however slight, it is the defiance of influence by an impersonal agent. Besides this, I originated it.

Of course, when I referred to books about mind-fucking, I was referring to astrology specifically. The Satanic Witch is applicable, but very useful beyond the realm of basic bullshittery.

I admit there are practical uses for the verbal jargon that goes along with astrology for Satanists--if one wishes to swim in this medium. I just don't care to, unless I have to. While this is true--I usually don't balk when someone reads off their entry in the column. I usually just smile and nod. If the conversation goes much farther than this, I prefer to be known as someone who rejects crap, than thought of as a tolerant person.

Socially, the mental laziness is annoying, and the stratification benefits seem on the order of those attained by mingling in a church. There are so many better things to do in the world. I just prefer not to waste my time. It's more about boredom than offense, really.

I just thought of a new pet habit while I was writing this. I think I just improved the spelling of "Christianity."

I think "Christinanity" works better. I think I'll go with it. This beats reading an astrology column any day.

#160327 - 05/03/06 01:09 PM Re: Pet Habits: Minor Rituals [Re: Quiddity]
man_mind Offline
Banned

The repetitive reinforcement of ritualizing something does not get me worked up--I simply have no respect for it, and have no problem saying so.

How do you mean "ritualize"?

As I stated already, I do use the symbology of some astrological signs in a birthday ritual, to reinforce the selfish Icon of the "I" (Me). It is just another way to say this is my day.

#160328 - 05/03/06 01:32 PM Re: I am the 3-fold law. [Re: reprobate]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Loc: CA
How about a place of ultimate happiness after we die--for going along with the local social-engineers?

Shit. It's already been done. Well, we may not get an award for originality, but there's sure a market for bullshit.

#160329 - 05/03/06 02:20 PM Re: Satanic Superstition ? [Re: ElJago]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
There's a clinical term for believing in superstitions. It's called OCD. Some people think they have to tap things a certain amount of times or they have to touch certain things or walk on certain tiles of the floor or something really bad will happen. If they don't perform these "rituals," they become overwhelmed with anxiety. I knew a chick that thought she had to count light posts in a certain way when she was driving or her mother would get into a car wreck.

A lot of my friends are superstitious in a sense that they believe in "karma." They warn me sometimes of it, and I have to tell them, "What goes around comes around is bullshit. I'm the only balancing factor in my universe. I know full well the consequences of my actions, and that's all karma is. Karma is consequences to one's actions. It's not some mystical force."

If you open a flood gate, it's not karma that makes the water spill out. If you open an umbrella indoors, it's not superstition that knocks Mama's favorite shadowbox off the wall. These are consequences to actions. Incidentally, the reason I don't open umbrellas indoors is because it doesn't rain in my house. Maybe the person that made up this particular superstition was just trying to get back at an enemy who had a leaky roof.

#160330 - 05/03/06 04:32 PM Re: Satanic Superstition ? [Re: ElJago]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

I have to turn the light switch on and off 666 times before I leave a room or my family will die.

Just kidding.

#160331 - 05/03/06 04:37 PM Re: Satanic Superstition ? [Re: crackergirl]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Quote:

There's a clinical term for believing in superstitions. It's called OCD.

Are you referring to Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder??
If you are, that is certainly news to me...

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#160332 - 05/03/06 05:11 PM Re: Satanic Superstition ? [Re: Bill_M]
LordAbyss Offline

No. You were trying to take the piss and now you are "onwed".

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
11891 Members
73 Forums
43638 Topics
404154 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements