Topic Options
#161087 - 05/05/06 04:01 AM Password Change
Stev2 Offline

On May 2nd I changed my password. Right after doing so, I logged in and I was successful. Later that day, I had to get a "tempy."

#161088 - 09/30/06 09:16 PM Re: Password Change [Re: Stev2]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
When I go in to edit something in my profile, the password box is literally filled with asterisks. I never know if this indicates that, somehow, my password has been changed. So, to be on the safe side, I re-enter my password every time. Gets a bit annoying.

#161089 - 09/30/06 09:36 PM Re: Password Change [Re: DCLXVI]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Quote:

I know Daddy's password! While my brother-in-law was tapping away on his home computer, his ten-year-old daughter sneaked up behind him. Then she turned and ran into the kitchen, squealing to the rest of the family, "I know Daddy's password! I know Daddy's password!" "What is it? her sisters asked eagerly. Proudly she replied, "Asterisk, asterisk, asterisk, asterisk, asterisk!"

#161090 - 10/01/06 12:41 AM Re: Password Change [Re: DCLXVI]
TheAbysmal Offline

Some password-protected features exhibit this behavior when they display your password in its encrypted format (as asterisks). I cannot speak for how this board operates, but this may be the case.

Still, I observed similarly weird behavior with the password features. After changing my initial, temporary password to a personally chosen one, logging out, and logging back in, I had to use my initial password one more time. Since changing my password the second time, it has not exhibited that weird behavoir again.

Refuse to die.

#161091 - 10/01/06 02:32 AM Re: Password Change [Re: Stev2]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
I am not sure if it is simply a common occurence, however I experience the same thing. I have a form fill program that automatically fills in certain information so I am not sure if it is mistaking my password line for an address form or what. I usually just re-enter my password everytime I enter the "My Home" section.

#161092 - 10/01/06 03:46 PM Re: Password Change [Re: DCLXVI]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

The reason the field is entirely filled with asterisks is to mask the length of your password. If you only have a six digit password, just viewing the "change password" field will not even reveal that much. It's a security feature.

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44031 Topics
406344 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements