Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#162501 - 05/10/06 01:16 PM A personal statement long over due ...
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
As most of you know, I was the co-owner and creative driving force behind the Dark Candles brand. As most of you also know, I handled the marketing and promotion for that company. In essence, I invested vast volumes of work to make the company what it is today. However, most of you are not aware that I am no longer a part of the company I built. My investment in the company has been taken away, as I am in the midst of a bitter divorce. I am in the process of getting back the company that I legally own, but as with anything that goes to court, this takes quite a while.

I no longer support Dark Candles since my role it in was taken away without my consent. I would like to make it publicly known that I currently have no part in the company and I am also not responsible for any professional decisions regarding the company nor personal decisions concerning the woman who runs the business. I do not support the direction in which she is taking the company, nor do I support the lower quality of the products and the company image, and I do not support her ties to questionable people and organizations in which she involves the company.

I am not stating you should stop buying products from this company just because I no longer support it. I wish to make it known that I am no longer a part of the company and I will not be responsible for the companys actions until it is back in my control later this year. Some of you support my projects with banners and word of mouth recommendations -- for this I thank you and appreciate the support. If you are supporting Dark Candles under these terms, please know that I have not received one dime or any benefits from the company since it was created more than 4 years ago. Again, it is your choice to support this company; I would never think less of someone based on that criterion alone. However, I want the public to be aware that in lending their support to Dark Candles, he or she would not be supporting one of my business ventures.

Please be aware that the woman who is currently running the business is no longer associated with me regardless of the statements she has made to the contrary. If she mentions my name in conjunction with hers, doubt the validity of her story, as I have not been in communication with her for quite some time and will not allow her to use my name as a way to benefit herself. I apologize for having to bring this out into the open but this unfortunate behavior has gone on long enough without a word from me and it must stop. Name dropping is ridiculous but necessary for those who cannot stand on their own feet without the support of those who actually accomplish something in this world.

For those of you who enjoy the products from that company but would rather support a business that adheres to true quality and support for its customers, you will now have a choice. There is a new company on the horizon, built on the original ideals that the Dark Candles Company was built on, called Evening Eclipse. This new company will feature the same quality products but it is built on a solid foundation with goals that are not self-serving but geared towards the alternative, gothic, and dark lifestyles we all live and enjoy.
Thank you to everyone for your support in this matter,

HS!

Magister Ventrue

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#162502 - 05/10/06 02:45 PM Re: A personal statement long over due ... [Re: Magister Frost]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Loc: CA
I am very sorry to read of your misfortune. Although we've never met, I have long held you in deserved high regard. I know little of the Dark Candles brand, but I do know that I feel a sense of loss when I read of your misfortune, similar to that of the Doktor's death. I have never been married, but I have known enough loss to imagine how unpleasant this must be for you. Although I know you only from LttD, I feel your loss almost as nearly as I would a close friend.

There's nothing tangible I can do, but for what it is worth, I stand with you in this, and hope your transition will be as smooth as possible.

I certainly won't support this company, and sincerely hope that things start going your way again.

My sincere best wishes, Magister.

#162503 - 05/10/06 05:45 PM Re: A personal statement long over due ... [Re: Magister Frost]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
I, for one, am glad you made this announcement. I was wondering what happened to Dark Candles since I no longer heard anything about it here or on MySpace.

I thought maybe the company folded, and I was looking to replenish my supply of black candles. I did enjoy the fact the black candles were unscented and solid color, these are difficult to find.

I will hold off now on making my purchase until your other company is up and running.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#162504 - 05/10/06 06:38 PM Re: A personal statement long over due ... [Re: Magister Frost]
RustySpring Offline
CoS Warlock

I pretty much echo Mr Quiddian’s sentiments and wish you the best for your future endeavours.

It cannot be easy when something like this happens and I will continue to help support the Emporium and any other of your projects that I am able to, as I always have done.

Hail Magister Ventrue!

#162505 - 05/10/06 07:11 PM Re: A personal statement long over due ... [Re: Magister Frost]
IX Von ZehEhv Offline

CoS Warlock

Magister Ventrue, I wish you the best in dealing with these difficult issues.

#162506 - 05/10/06 08:15 PM Re: A personal statement long over due ... [Re: Magister Frost]
John Knotts Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Toledo, Ohio
I am a divorcee myself, my previous wife having left me with nothing while i was in Saudi Arabia in the Air Force. Needless to say I understand your situation. I would wish you luck with all your endeavors but I hardly think thats nessasary I also want you to know I will not deal with a company that somone I admire does not endorse.

#162507 - 05/10/06 08:53 PM Re: A personal statement long over due ... [Re: Magister Frost]
PWG Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: MI
Funny, when I visited the Dark Candles site today, something felt "different."

I think I'll also be waiting for your next project.

HS!

#162508 - 05/10/06 09:00 PM Re: A personal statement long over due ... [Re: Magister Frost]
Sideshowtuper Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NY, USA
I had no idea that sort of thing was going on with Dark Candles.

This makes me look at the company differently.

Sideshow Tuper on Undercroft

13 Moons Occult Supplies

#162509 - 05/10/06 09:39 PM Re: A personal statement long over due ... [Re: Magister Frost]
Mjollnir Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Gone
I am very sorry to hear about this situation. I certainly hope you get back all that you are entitled to.. with much interest added for your troubles.

I will also remove the Dark Candles link from my website. I will not support them in any way.

I wish you the best!!! May you have complete victory in this situation and may your adversary's works all crumble like sand castles in the tide.

Hail Satan!!!

Mjollnir

#162510 - 05/11/06 01:18 AM Re: A personal statement long over due ... [Re: dragondancer]
Beelzebub999 Offline

Loc: BC, Canada
HailS. Do you know where I can get Black Candles. Beelzebub.

#162511 - 05/11/06 05:40 AM Re: A personal statement long over due ... [Re: Magister Frost]
UmbraeNoctem Offline
Banned

Loc: Barksdale AFB, Louisiana, USA
Magister Ventrue,

I know how much a pain divorce can be as I'm still going through mine.

You will pull through strong and I will do what I can to promote the new company.

Hail Thyself!

Alien Elite.
Test Everything. Believe Nothing.

#162512 - 05/11/06 07:25 AM Re: A personal statement long over due ... [Re: Magister Frost]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
Magister,

While you've had what certainly sounds like a rough ride, I particularly applaud the decision to start a new company and not simply recreate "Dark Candles" when it's back under your control.

While it has been an excellent showpiece of your talents in the past, it has been tarnished beyond repair by this situation.

I very much look forward to "Evening Eclipse", having no doubt that it will be a success with such a dedicated and talented man at the helm.

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#162513 - 05/11/06 10:05 AM Re: A personal statement long over due ... [Re: Beelzebub999]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
You will be able to get them very soon from www.eveningeclipse.com

From Hell,

Magister Frost

We're all around you, are you one of Us?
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#162514 - 05/11/06 10:36 AM Re: A personal statement long over due ... [Re: Magister Frost]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
Magister Ventrue I just wanted to say that although I have never married, I understand you must be going through hell, so to speak, and I am sorry for your situation. I also will not be supporting anything at all from Dark Candles and I look forward to getting my candles from Evening Eclipse when it becomes available.

#162515 - 05/11/06 11:51 AM Re: A personal statement long over due ... [Re: Magister Frost]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Texas
Been there and sympathize! I support your businesses and look forward to the new ones.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
11891 Members
73 Forums
43638 Topics
404154 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements