Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#166114 - 05/27/06 06:28 PM Re: A step further [Re: Mason_Rust]
TattooedKali Offline

Loc: Maine
Well said, both of you. However, I would like to say that even those limitations that seem unchangeable truths of the human condition are NOT unchangeable! A thousand years ago it was a fundamental unchangeable truth that in order to send a message to someone a thousand miles away, it could take weeks to get there. Now, I can send that same message instantaneously; through the internet or by telephone. Even a traditional letter can be sent for next day arrival. Even better, if I have the funds, I can get down there and deliver my message in person!

That's one of the great things about being human. We see the rules inherent in our world and we seek out ways to bend those rules. We (well, some of us... )are ingenious and innovative and we are not limited to lives contained within the abilities of our true physical selves.

#166115 - 05/28/06 10:39 AM Re: A step further [Re: RandomStranger]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
Quote:

Without knowledge of where boundries exist within a given system, it would be impossible [for me] to work magic to get what I want.

I totally agree with you!

For myself, without this knowledge both Greater and Lesser Magic are considerably weakened, if not rendered impotent!

#166116 - 05/28/06 05:56 PM Re: A step further [Re: WolfBlood]
Ares Offline

Quote:

I find Satanism to be that step beyond everything.For example:If you know something to be true,go and do some research.Question it.Find more information.Read more and question it again and again until it is totally secure to you that what you believe to be true IS TRUE.
Limitations have never been accepted to me.I see limitations as the most dangerous thing for a Satanist.As a matter of fact,SATANISTS ACCEPT NO LIMITATIONS.So,one who limits himself,only if not for health issues or something that would get him in trouble,is NOT a Satanist.
Satanism has always been a step further to me.Go beyond even your own truths,rights and wrongs.Take a step further.Satanists let their impulses out and keep in touch with their creative instincts and have no shame in this.

Limitations and restrictions are the sole reason why human civiliazation has progressed, flourished, and advanced.

We have to restrict primitative instincts in ourselves which are counter-productive, such as the lust for killing, incest, and cannibalism.

If humans hadn't restricted ourselves of such instincts, we would have never evolved into what we are today. There is a reason why we have laws, paradigms, and guidelines.

#166117 - 05/29/06 04:41 PM Re: A step further [Re: aa_nerut]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

So my question is, how would you apply the Balance Factor to your lack of limitations?

You canít have balance if you donít set or recognize ANY limitations at all.

I say you need to create HARMONY between you and what you want to achieve.

The extent of your limitations depends on the situation. In some situations, you are quite limited and in other situations, you are not as limited.

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

#166118 - 05/29/06 04:56 PM Re: A step further [Re: DarkApollyon]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

For myself, without this knowledge both Greater and Lesser Magic are considerably weakened, if not rendered impotent!

I agree with your statement.

To me, it sounds like you are saying that making/ recognizing limits is like refining your goal by making a plan for achieving it. A goal is achieved much more effectively when you have a solid plan.

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

#166119 - 05/30/06 04:25 PM Re: A step further [Re: WolfBlood]
WolfBlood Offline

Loc: Tampa,Florida
Reading all your replies I see its very much true that we all have limitations.I may have gone far and all of you have true in saying we have limitations.I understand we all have.Your responses were all much intelligent,entertained me and really made me think about this issue.I understand and hold this very true.Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12154 Members
73 Forums
43917 Topics
405731 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements