Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#166098 - 05/25/06 09:35 AM A step further
WolfBlood Offline

Loc: Tampa,Florida
I find Satanism to be that step beyond everything.For example:If you know something to be true,go and do some research.Question it.Find more information.Read more and question it again and again until it is totally secure to you that what you believe to be true IS TRUE.
Limitations have never been accepted to me.I see limitations as the most dangerous thing for a Satanist.As a matter of fact,SATANISTS ACCEPT NO LIMITATIONS.So,one who limits himself,only if not for health issues or something that would get him in trouble,is NOT a Satanist.
Satanism has always been a step further to me.Go beyond even your own truths,rights and wrongs.Take a step further.Satanists let their impulses out and keep in touch with their creative instincts and have no shame in this.

#166099 - 05/25/06 10:10 AM Re: A step further [Re: WolfBlood]
Laren Online

Loc: Australia
Indeed.

By being a Satanist, you have taken a step beyond what is considered acceptable, normal and safe.
There are many who try in vain to break themselves off from common mediocrity, but none of them can compare to a Satanist.

We take it all the way. We have true depth of existence.

#166100 - 05/25/06 11:42 AM Re: A step further [Re: WolfBlood]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
I don't mean to be rude, but you are preaching to the choir here. I see little point in such an activity.

#166101 - 05/25/06 12:06 PM Re: A step further [Re: WolfBlood]
aa_nerut Offline

Loc: Hollywood, FL
I must ask a question here, under the section of the Satanic Bible regarding the Balance Factor, LaVey wrote a very important statement, “Knowing one's own limitations is a rather odd bit of introspection, it would seem, for a person who should be able to perform the impossible; but under many conditions it can make the difference between success and failure.” In fact this whole section might in certain respects negate your idea a Satanist accepts no limitations, rather a Satanist had damn well better understand his or her limitations, else fall victim to megalomania or an over-blown ego. Remember the Balance Factor is the difference between a healthy ego and a deluded one. So my question is, how would you apply the Balance Factor to your lack of limitations? Or do you suppose you have a will that can change everything in this universe we live in?

#166102 - 05/25/06 08:32 PM Re: A step further [Re: aa_nerut]
TattooedKali Offline

Loc: Maine
Understanding a limitation does not mean accepting that limitation.

We can change our limitations by changing ourselves.

#166103 - 05/26/06 08:32 AM Re: A step further [Re: TattooedKali]
aa_nerut Offline

Loc: Hollywood, FL
On the contrary it certainly does. Understanding the limitation causes us to accept it, it is unavoidable. What is important here is the application of that know and accepted limit. Again in that same section of the Satanic Bible about the Balance Factor, LaVey gives examples of limitations in fictitious characters, people with distinct limitations that will thwart them from reaching their desired goal. The only chance for success is changing the direction of desire to something that makes more sense to his or her limitations, hence the term Balance Factor.

We are not limitless creatures, our bodies expire and we die, when we are out of shape our stamina, strength and health (both physically and mentally/emotionally) are limited to that condition, if we are financially strapped and have no means of growth nor any resources to pull from we are limited to funds available to us. Hell everything in the Universe around us has limitations, otherwise we could accept that there is an all knowing, doing and being God but that just doesn’t seem the case, at least for us and the other thinking people of the world.

I am not saying we cannot change, everything does, but there are certain limitations that are unavoidable, such as not being able to walk thru a wall, not imploding if you were dragged down to the bottom of the ocean by a 1000lb weight or surviving without food and water or air for a sustained period of time, and there are certain changes that can either be altered, take the shape of our bodies or our education, or can be redirected, meaning the limit is still there just the total goal is different, such as the guy or girl that wants a celebrity to fall in love with them, but is too plan or ugly will be wise to change goal to something attainable such as the plan or ugly person that is in their “league”, so to speak, to get the same goal, just different factors.

Are there special situations to each of these, of course, the law or probability is still in play here, and every once and awhile the odd ball is thrown in, but the Balance Factor seems to be the most common of responses to situations, and with that Balance Factor does come limitation and it is up to the individual to apply that limitation to its best suited function.

So I have to ask, if there are people that thing they are completely limitless? If so I would like examples as to what it is that is limitless and how that is achieved.

#166104 - 05/26/06 04:39 PM Re: A step further [Re: WolfBlood]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
Pardon me sir…. But what are these exactly is not boundaries?:

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

I think, perhaps- a Satanist shouldn't accept limitations that make no sense to him... but one must accept limitations to achieve personal perfection. I want to be a psychologist, so I limit myself in pleasure so I will go and study, even though sometimes it's hatful. I want to have a sexy body, so I limit myself in gluttony.
There are a lot of boundaries one MUST keep for his\her own sake… and as it was already written- we are after all not omnipotent creatures.

Edited by The_Lightning (05/26/06 04:42 PM)

#166105 - 05/26/06 06:06 PM Re: A step further [Re: TattooedKali]
Tex_Talionis Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Amarillo, TX
Very well said.
Citizen Infernal Empire
Test Everything.

"We live in deeds not years.
You can be what you will to be."
-General George S. Patton

"The things that come to those who wait may be things left by those who got there first!"

#166107 - 05/27/06 02:39 AM Re: A step further [Re: The_Lightning]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
Once again, Tal. You have provided a very insightful post. sometimes we get so caught up in the moment, we forget what it is we stand for. There are times when man needs to be checked, and I thank you for delivering the appropriate check.

HS!

#166108 - 05/27/06 12:02 PM Re: A step further [Re: The_Lightning]
WolfBlood Offline

I believe I need to clarify on this subject since I see Ive had much attention,again,pardon my english.
1.As realists we must realize that there are laws,there are rights and wrongs in this society and that we can get punished in it if we do something that goes beyond the law.We are no supernatural deities which can do whatever we want whenever we want to.I know that.What I meant by limitations I believe you,ladies and gentlemen,truly missunderstood.By limitations I meant everything that we put in our minds as"i cant do this""this is something I will not accomplish"etc
I truly understand that we cant have EVERYTHING MATERIAL IN THIS WORLD.BUT AT LEAST WE CAN TRY.WE CAN WORK AND GET UP FROM OUR COMFY COUCHES AT HOME AND GAIN IT.
This works for me.Ive had no help and kissed no ass from anyone in this world for my personal and material things and yet Ive been succesful and by saying this I dont mean to be seen as an ass@#$% but I believe that there is much lazyness in this world and we,satanists,as individuals and DIFFERENT MINDED INDIVIDUALS,because I can see that none of us are the same,none of us always agree in everything and some of us even dislike each others.
LIMITATIONS are not always carnal and material,if you understand me,limitations ive experienced as having a doubt(im wasting my time in this doubt when I can be doing something that can get me off this doubt as working to prove myself wrong)shutting ourselves from society and the real world....lets face it and go out and create for everybody to see what we are about.Satanism is here,now and it will never go away because its within.Its nothing occult.You are born a satanist,accept it and indulge in what is right for you or what you find right for you.Hey,im not planning to be given a thumbs up,or for everyone to agree,with all due respect Ive known many people that dont neccesarily agree with even whats written on the Satanic Bible,they just grab whats good for them and apply them.And,why ask if I am applying?Do anyone care?why dont you apply the time you took to ask this to me in doing something creative more than asking if Im applying ?Satanism is not a lonely hearts club!it is not a fan club or a pen pal association!Live your life!Read!and if you dont like or if its not something you find that goes for you or doesnt work for you,fine!I believe christians or the jehovah witnesses are the ones which must always agree with them.Satanists dont always agree with one another but work for the idea that satanism is will be alive in their own ways.Its like saying that if I paint I wouldnt be applying the same idea of satanism as one who writes.
And the eleven rules for the earth I find that there are Satanists that truly follow them and theyre good for them.Some Satanists find them to be Limiting and not effective for them.So,if you find them good for you,hey!I respect you and good!!!
Thank you for your time and attention.Its always pleasing to have your attention and pardon my late response.

#166109 - 05/27/06 12:12 PM Re: A step further [Re: aa_nerut]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
I think there may be a hang up here on simple definitions. There is no reason to lose the point of LaVey's words because he worded it one way rather than another.

Know yourself. Know your strengths, and also, know well your weaknesses. Be aware of them, for knowledge of them can and will serve you well.

This is not to say that one should accept a weakness or limitation as something permanent. If you are weak in a certain area that you would like to improve (and it is possible to improve) then by all means, do something about it and don't let the limitation hold you back.

Ignoring your weaknesses and proceeding on in life as if they don't exist is pretentious, counter productive to your well being and image, and in many cases, can be a hazard to your health.

#166110 - 05/27/06 12:18 PM Re: A step further [Re: WolfBlood]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
So,one who limits himself,only if not for health issues or something that would get him in trouble,is NOT a Satanist.

I dare say I might start limiting my reading of your posts, for my time is limited, and I have yet to read a post of yours that hasn't wasted it.

#166111 - 05/27/06 12:22 PM Re: A step further [Re: Mason_Rust]
WolfBlood Offline

I definetely agree with you and respect your opinion.You have said it well.I totally agree with you.

#166112 - 05/27/06 12:59 PM Re: A step further [Re: The_Lightning]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
WolfBlood:

"SATANISTS ACCEPT NO LIMITATIONS"

The Lightning:

I think, perhaps- a Satanist shouldn't accept limitations that make no sense to him... but one must accept limitations to achieve personal perfection.

Good point. The 10 out of 11 Satanic Rules of the Earth you pointed out make for a good social contract, which are indeed limitations. If a person cannot accept these Rules as fact, then are they really a Satanist?

I think that for me, knowing where boundries and limitations are is an important aspect of functioning within any system. Without knowledge of where boundries exist within a given system, it would be impossible [for me] to work magic to get what I want.

"Limitations have never been accepted to me."

I would not want to be your neighbor nor allow you to date my daughter [if I had one].

#166113 - 05/27/06 05:18 PM Re: A step further [Re: Mason_Rust]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
Quote:

I think there may be a hang up here on simple definitions. There is no reason to lose the point of LaVey's words because he worded it one way rather than another.

Know yourself. Know your strengths, and also, know well your weaknesses. Be aware of them, for knowledge of them can and will serve you well.

This is not to say that one should accept a weakness or limitation as something permanent. If you are weak in a certain area that you would like to improve (and it is possible to improve) then by all means, do something about it and don't let the limitation hold you back.

Ignoring your weaknesses and proceeding on in life as if they don't exist is pretentious, counter productive to your well being and image, and in many cases, can be a hazard to your health.

Well put!
HS!

Quote:

Yes!
Good post The Lightning.

Quote:

Once again, Tal. You have provided a very insightful post.

oh please... ~hiding blush modestly~

DO go on!

Edited by The_Lightning (05/27/06 05:24 PM)

#166114 - 05/27/06 06:28 PM Re: A step further [Re: Mason_Rust]
TattooedKali Offline

Loc: Maine
Well said, both of you. However, I would like to say that even those limitations that seem unchangeable truths of the human condition are NOT unchangeable! A thousand years ago it was a fundamental unchangeable truth that in order to send a message to someone a thousand miles away, it could take weeks to get there. Now, I can send that same message instantaneously; through the internet or by telephone. Even a traditional letter can be sent for next day arrival. Even better, if I have the funds, I can get down there and deliver my message in person!

That's one of the great things about being human. We see the rules inherent in our world and we seek out ways to bend those rules. We (well, some of us... )are ingenious and innovative and we are not limited to lives contained within the abilities of our true physical selves.

#166115 - 05/28/06 10:39 AM Re: A step further [Re: RandomStranger]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
Quote:

Without knowledge of where boundries exist within a given system, it would be impossible [for me] to work magic to get what I want.

I totally agree with you!

For myself, without this knowledge both Greater and Lesser Magic are considerably weakened, if not rendered impotent!

#166116 - 05/28/06 05:56 PM Re: A step further [Re: WolfBlood]
Ares Offline

Quote:

I find Satanism to be that step beyond everything.For example:If you know something to be true,go and do some research.Question it.Find more information.Read more and question it again and again until it is totally secure to you that what you believe to be true IS TRUE.
Limitations have never been accepted to me.I see limitations as the most dangerous thing for a Satanist.As a matter of fact,SATANISTS ACCEPT NO LIMITATIONS.So,one who limits himself,only if not for health issues or something that would get him in trouble,is NOT a Satanist.
Satanism has always been a step further to me.Go beyond even your own truths,rights and wrongs.Take a step further.Satanists let their impulses out and keep in touch with their creative instincts and have no shame in this.

Limitations and restrictions are the sole reason why human civiliazation has progressed, flourished, and advanced.

We have to restrict primitative instincts in ourselves which are counter-productive, such as the lust for killing, incest, and cannibalism.

If humans hadn't restricted ourselves of such instincts, we would have never evolved into what we are today. There is a reason why we have laws, paradigms, and guidelines.

#166117 - 05/29/06 04:41 PM Re: A step further [Re: aa_nerut]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

So my question is, how would you apply the Balance Factor to your lack of limitations?

You can’t have balance if you don’t set or recognize ANY limitations at all.

I say you need to create HARMONY between you and what you want to achieve.

The extent of your limitations depends on the situation. In some situations, you are quite limited and in other situations, you are not as limited.

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

#166118 - 05/29/06 04:56 PM Re: A step further [Re: DarkApollyon]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

For myself, without this knowledge both Greater and Lesser Magic are considerably weakened, if not rendered impotent!

I agree with your statement.

To me, it sounds like you are saying that making/ recognizing limits is like refining your goal by making a plan for achieving it. A goal is achieved much more effectively when you have a solid plan.

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

#166119 - 05/30/06 04:25 PM Re: A step further [Re: WolfBlood]
WolfBlood Offline

Reading all your replies I see its very much true that we all have limitations.I may have gone far and all of you have true in saying we have limitations.I understand we all have.Your responses were all much intelligent,entertained me and really made me think about this issue.I understand and hold this very true.Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12220 Members
73 Forums
44002 Topics
406143 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements