Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#166183 - 05/25/06 01:14 PM Prayer
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
We all (at least I hope) believe that prayer is just as Dr. Lavey said it was. Basically waiting in apprehension for something to happen instead of grabbing the proverbial bull by its horns and taking care of the problem yourself. Last night, I saw a prime example of this when I was over at a friends house. He had some people there that I had never seen before. There was, however something I had seen before; an asthma attack. The girl that was over there started having a bad one, and her friend that she had with her, rather than help, put his hand on her shoulder and started praying for her!!! As I had said, I knew it was an asthma attack, but I did not see her bring in a purse. Since she was unable to speak, and her friend continued with all of his "Lord in heaven, I dont know what is wrong with her....give her the strength" and so on and so forth, they just sat there with her wheezing and coughing and gasping. I ran out to her car and found an inhaler in her center console, came in, gave it to her, and she proceeded to use it. When all was said and done, her friend looked at me and mumbled "I had no idea what to do" to which I replied "Never leave something in the hands of your god when you can just as easily remedy the problem yourself". I had to hear the rest of the night about how I "saved her life". Honestly, I still, have no idea as to why I did this. I dont know if I was actually trying to prove a point of the uselessness of prayer or if I just didnt want this beautiful girl to die or even to have to suffer for a while right in front of me. Any way, I was just wondering if anything along these lines has ever happened to anybody else here that they may like to share since the topic is open?

#166184 - 05/25/06 01:29 PM Re: Prayer [Re: Catalyst]
PWG Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: MI
Quote:

The girl that was over there started having a bad one, and her friend that she had with her, rather than help, put his hand on her shoulder and started praying for her!!!

What absolute idiocy.

Tell the "Prayer Warrior" about 911 for the future.

#166185 - 05/25/06 01:34 PM Re: Prayer [Re: PWG]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

The poor girl is so grateful that I dont think I will be needing to tell HIM this. She hasnt even left my side (voluntarily) since then. We are at the library and she is at the computer right next to mine. That's ok, though, makes me feel kind of good that I have someone that feels that indebtted to me. I just dont hope it will last forever- she's nice company but not "I WANT you by my side 24/7" type of nice company.

#166186 - 05/25/06 01:38 PM Re: Prayer [Re: Catalyst]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> I had to hear the rest of the night about how I "saved her life". <<

Ahh, such vile human vanity.

It was only God working through you, my son.

Without those prayers you would have been as empty headed as the rest of them.

Praise God.

#166187 - 05/25/06 01:40 PM Re: Prayer [Re: Catalyst]
aa_nerut Offline

Loc: Hollywood, FL
here's an interesting link. There was a study done about prayer and heart patients.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/science/national/2006/03/30/prayer-heart-surgery-20060330.html

very enlightening, but opens a question as to the validity of "magic" as well, as some will say that prayer and magic are the same thing just with different props.

#166188 - 05/25/06 01:56 PM Re: Prayer [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Do I now need to confess that as a sin for today for taking credit for god's work, or am I just going straight to hell? I forgot to add, that as a group, David (her friend) was the odd man out. He was the only one who considers himself a "Christain" in a room with 2 Satanists, an agnostic, an atheist, and a fool (My friend Rich doesnt know WHAT he is)

#166189 - 05/25/06 02:01 PM Re: Prayer [Re: Catalyst]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Proves that hanging out with xians can be bad for your health.
What a fucking buffon! That girl is luckey that someone with brains was there. Good work!

#166190 - 05/25/06 02:02 PM Re: Prayer [Re: aa_nerut]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Hmm, that's funny, because I believe what I said about prayer- waiting in apprehension, bull by the horns, etc., and I believe magic to be the changing of the environment in accordance to one's will. Wow, that last part sounded eerily familiar, can someone tell me where it might be found that i may have seen it?

#166191 - 05/25/06 02:05 PM Re: Prayer [Re: HellofallHells]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Not just brains, my friend, but observation skills. i had notcied that she does not wear a purse, so while the others were too busy searching around for one to no avail, I made a sprint out to the car to look for the inhaler.

#166192 - 05/25/06 02:10 PM Re: Prayer [Re: Catalyst]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
Well, regardless the reasoning for it. It was a smart move none the less. But it did prove the futileness of prayer. As the good doctor said, grab the proverbial bull by the horns and take care of the problem yourself. Wise move, friend.

Hail to the Ego
Hail Satan

#166193 - 05/25/06 03:10 PM Re: Prayer [Re: Catalyst]
Lust Offline

I have got to ask.
Once she was stable did she thank you or Jesus?
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#166194 - 05/25/06 03:26 PM Re: Prayer [Re: Catalyst]
WolfMoon Offline

I have been in situations like this before. It used to annoy the hell out of me. Nowadays, I just keep my thoughts to myself and I don't let it get to me. Their ignorance is not my problem.

#166195 - 05/26/06 11:21 AM Re: Prayer [Re: Lust]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Quote:

I have got to ask.
Once she was stable did she thank you or Jesus?

She is an atheist, and she thanked me often enough that I thought about what would it be like if I had left it up to the Jesus freak.

#166196 - 05/26/06 11:59 AM Re: Prayer [Re: Catalyst]
Psychotherapeut Offline

CoS Member

Good for you for having a brain capable of formulating a response, and actually following through. The jesus freak sounds like he needs a swift kick to the balls. Then ask him to pray the pain goes away. Seriously, I think you did the right thing, regardless of whether or not you cared deeply for the person. There was no physical threat to you for doing it, and I've found that it is typically rather unpleasant to watch someone "undeserving" die. If she is an atheist, I'm amazed she didn't hit the prayer boy in the jaw afterwards... I think I'd have done the same thing, but I know myself, and the likely hood of me not having some sort of physical reaction to the guy would have been slim. That may say something of my character, but when someone is on the verge of dying, and all you can do is talk to yourself, you seem pretty worthless in my eyes... You've got kudos in my book for what it's worth...

#166197 - 05/26/06 12:35 PM Re: Prayer [Re: Psychotherapeut]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Well, hurting prayer boy would have been wrong in the way that I will NOT do something that will be rewarded with jail time. I did, however think about grabbing him by the neck and putting his head through the nearest window, but I refrained specifically because of that reason. Besides, she claims to have not said one more word to prayer boy since this happened, and I believe her as she has not left my side since then. I have to lock the door to use the toilet or take a shower. At any rate, prayer boy, as we seem to have taken to calling him, is beating himself up enough for it. I heard him crying quietly to himself in the next room later on that night anyway. And thank you all for the kind words of congratulations, as the more I think about it, the more proud I am of myself

#166198 - 05/26/06 05:06 PM Re: Prayer [Re: Catalyst]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
Quote:

a Christain in a room with 2 Satanists, an agnostic, an atheist, and a fool

That sounds like a beginning of a bad joke.

Which, actually, really happened to be what it was

Prayer boy sounds like such a pussy.
Well- good thing you were capable of having some sense in a tense situation. This is a really good example of the differences between a Satanist and a Christian: the Satanist decides the fait, and the Christian prays for a good fate.
What stupidity

Hail Satan!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12113 Members
73 Forums
43869 Topics
405525 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements