Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#166478 - 05/28/06 03:15 AM Re: I can't take it anymore! [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Quote:

I am saying they worship because they cannot accept their nature; because of their "spiritual" development. In actual fact it's only an externalistion of their own egos.

And I am saying that this failure to accept their nature is part of their nature.

We have at least six thousand years of recorded history to back this up with the thoughts of millions of human beings who have stated and continue to state that this is so.

Human beings are by nature clearly religious animals.

We are not so.

That is why we are often referred to as the alien elite.

In any group of human beings about 5% (one out of twenty) will take a leadership role.

Worship derives directly from the meaning of "to work for".

Humans are naturally inclined to serve, to work for others, to be slaves.

Since this is their nature it seems a shame to not let them fulfill it by serving us, don't you think?

#166479 - 05/28/06 03:22 AM Re: I can't take it anymore! [Re: Nemo]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
yes, I agree that those born to serve must do so.

But we are getting sidetracked from the original conversation in which I was referring to the more aware.

I was likening the frogs sitting round the pond to Satanists in the sense that simply living in accordance with what we are is perfect simplicity. So simple and yet so useful. So simple that the great Socrates and other philosophers and thinkers have completely missed it.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#166480 - 05/28/06 03:25 AM Dinner time! [Re: loyalservant]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Anyone have some mint jelly? I think that I smell mutton.

#166481 - 05/28/06 03:29 AM Nemo's 100th birthday press interview [Re: Achilles]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Reporter: Mr. Nemo, on your one hundreth birthday would you please tell our listening and viewing audience if you have a special secret to living a long life?

Nemo: Well, young whippersnapper, I do indeed!

Reporter: Then to what do you attribute your long life?

Nemo: Just three simple words.

Reporter: And what are those three simple words, Mr. Nemo?

Nemo: Well, I'm glad you asked.

Reporter: Yes?

Nemo: They are ...

Reporter: Yes?

Nemo: Good...

Nemo: Clean...

(long pause).

Drinking!

#166482 - 05/28/06 03:34 AM Re: I can't take it anymore! [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Yep.

But it should also be clear that what is "simple" for us is certainly not natural for them.

The proof is in the pudding.

This leads to the entire issue of complaining about human beings being exactly the way they have to be.

It is a pointless exercise since it doesn't change them and only creates personal frustration.

Of course the majority of human beings are idiots.

That is their nature.

We are amongst the 5%.

Hence it is not natural for us.

Stratification.

It's not just for breakfast any more!

#166483 - 05/28/06 04:02 AM Re: I can't take it anymore! [Re: Nemo]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> Of course the majority of human beings are idiots.

That is their nature <<

Then it appears we agree.

However, for purposes of clarification, my point was that the basic elemnts of human nature (the seven deadly sins) is what I was referring to as Satanic. And even though they fight against them their actions are still over-ruled by these basic instincts.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#166484 - 05/28/06 04:19 AM Re: I can't take it anymore! [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

However, for purposes of clarification, my point was that the basic elemnts of human nature (the seven deadly sins) is what I was referring to as Satanic. And even though they fight against them their actions are still over-ruled by these basic instincts.

Yes. We do agree.

And the point that I am attempting to make - and which I feel is remarkably important - is that the "fight" most people have against their natural instincts is also natural.

It is as natural for human beings to act like idiots and believe abject nonsense as it is for cats to hiss and dogs to bark.

If the Satanist truly gets this and ceases to demand or even expect that human beings can act in any other way then that Satanist rises to an impeccable condition of ....

(drumroll please)....

Alignment with human reality!

The young and angry neophite to Satanism is found to commonly rant and rave about human stupidity. Phase One Satanism is the way we usually speak of this.

But all of this anger reveals that the new Satanist has still not accepted that human beings are naturally exactly the way they have to be.

What is, is.

When the Satanist comes to realize that this is the nature of the human beast, he stops expecting or demanding anything different.

Efficiency in dealing with human beings increases and frustration drops off remarkably.

That is why I suggest it is pointless to suggest that it isn't natural for human beings to believe in all kinds of religious nonsense.

It is natural by definition.

It is their nature to be gullible and stupid and short-sighted.

If it wasn't then they wouldn't be that way!

#166485 - 05/28/06 05:20 AM Re: I can't take it anymore! [Re: ModernTantalus]
ElJago Offline

Loc: Northumberland, England
yes if the population of the world concentrated more on what they can do and achieve and change while they are alive than pontificate endlessly on what happens after they die the world would be a healthier place as a result.

Friends and work colleagues I know who are not particularly religious in any way still have very strong opinions about life after death. It seems an afterlife is the carrot nearly all religions have been dangling in front of humanity for so many years. The word "soul" has been used as a hammer to try and batter vital existence into a fine paste for centuries.

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

#166486 - 05/29/06 10:50 AM Re: I can't take it anymore! [Re: ModernTantalus]
man_mind Offline
Banned

When I made the "energy reference" I was talking about what my entire body was made of.

The same thing that chairs, rocks, ducks, lamps, EARTH, is made of.

Atoms, molecules, etc.

As something starts to rot, pieces are left behind, taken by other animals, shit out in a stream, etc.

The point is, that your physical body is still actually in existence, and if it is, those molecules, atoms etc, don't stop being. Everything is what it is, rewardless of the fact you cannot withdraw money after your brain or heart has stopped.

With that said, I have to ask. If those specific "pieces" of me, were me when I was alive, ar they still "me" after I've lost consciousness, ceased to move, gone into a coma, or get hit by a bus?

I don't have the answer to that, but I assume that a baseball is always a baseball, even if it gets craqcked and loses some of its stitching.

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#166487 - 05/29/06 11:43 AM Re: I can't take it anymore! [Re: man_mind]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Would you assume that a toaster is still a toaster after it has been melted down and recycled into a blender?

Your body replaces and removes atoms and molecules every day by the millions. So, is that junk you replace still you. Do you wave good bye to your defecation as it is flushed down the toilet, knowing it used to be you?

The fact that material may once have helped contribute to your survival does not necessarily mean it is “you.” The “you” is what is maintained up top in the brain department. You could lose all the data up there and all you would be is a shell of nothing. I would not say you are you anymore. You might resemble you, but you are not you.

People can use physics and chemistry all they want to try to dignify death and gain some small amount of eternal life with wishy-washy jargon. But it does not work in my book. Death is death no matter if you rot and a flower bed grows off your corpse.

I would say, "Nice flowers. Whatever happened to Man Mind? Oh, well. Those flowers are very nice."

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#166488 - 05/29/06 12:21 PM Re: I can't take it anymore! [Re: man_mind]
Chess Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
Quote:

The point is, that your physical body is still actually in existence, and if it is, those molecules, atoms etc, don't stop being. Everything is what it is, rewardless of the fact you cannot withdraw money after your brain or heart has stopped.

(Emphasis mine.)

Every now and then, a random typo seems oddly appropriate.

If there's one thing death certainly looks to be short of, it's rewards (at least to the one doing the dying).

-Chess

#166489 - 05/29/06 12:36 PM Re: I can't take it anymore! [Re: Discipline]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
Quote:

Do you wave good bye to your defecation as it is flushed down the toilet, knowing it used to be you?

What a great idea. I think I will save my defecation, lump it together and sculpt a new me to replace the old me after it becomes shit. Then my new shit-me can flush the old real-me down the toilet and I can wave goodbye to myself from beneath swirling waves of tidy bowl blue.

Edited by MinusXIII (05/29/06 03:21 PM)

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#166490 - 05/29/06 03:54 PM Re: I can't take it anymore! [Re: Discipline]
man_mind Offline
Banned

Quote:

Would you assume that a toaster is still a toaster after it has been melted down and recycled into a blender?

No, that is a sentence that negates itself, becuase it missed the annitial point, which is; Metal is metal, no matter what form it takes; toaster, blender, transformer Megatron, no matter, it is still metal.

Quote:

Your body replaces and removes atoms and molecules every day by the millions. So, is that junk you replace still you. Do you wave good bye to your defecation as it is flushed down the toilet, knowing it used to be you?

Out with the old, in with the new.

I think that Magis Lavey spoke his portion on that, and I'd have to agree with him.
--
Anyway, do YOU wave bye-bye to your poopies?

I had to ask, it only seemed appropriate.

Quote:

The fact that material may once have helped contribute to your survival does not necessarily mean it is “you.” The “you” is what is maintained up top in the brain department. You could lose all the data up there and all you would be is a shell of nothing. I would not say you are you anymore. You might resemble you, but you are not you.

I'll go re-read my post, but I'm sure that I said the same thing in a different way.

When I was referring to the "you portion" I was not excluding the the mental "you", I was speaking strictly of the deposited "you".

The rest was meant to remain speculative for the viewers of the thread.

Quote:

wishy-washy jargon.

Which wishy washy would you be making reference to? The;

Quote:

brain

or the fact that the atoms and other parts that make up everything, are infact a part of you? And so it goes without saying that whatever grows on my carcus, is in some small way a part of my physical body. Where did my mind go? Well, if someone asked me that, then I'd say;

Quote:

People can use physics and chemistry all they want to try to dignify death and gain some small amount of eternal life with wishy-washy jargon. But it does not work in my book. Death is death no matter if you rot and a flower bed grows off your corpse.

I would say, "Nice flowers. Whatever happened to Man Mind? Oh, well. Those flowers are very nice."

Maybe not even. I'd probably say; "He is right there in the back cover of that book" or" on Television, are you blind?" or, This is man_minds child, doesn't he look EXACTLY like him?

And this could go on all day.

You mis read my post, clearly.

Now I must wishy-washy my hands of any further debate on the issue, unless it is a contribution.

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#166491 - 05/29/06 11:15 PM Re: I can't take it anymore! [Re: man_mind]
Necromatrix Offline

Loc: Gulfport, MS
I can agree with your pint that we “live on” in those we leave behind and our legacy. Certainly, when I die those who know me and whose life I have made an impact upon will keep the memory of me alive. However, I will not still be alive just because my corpse is rotting in the ground. This part of the issue seems a little to Buddhist or maybe Wicca for my taste.
But, it all boils down to perspective. Suggesting that we live on as ourselves after our conscience mind has faded is just another way of dealing with death. If that works for you or whomever, great. Me, I see no point in deluding myself. I will live my life as I see fit. I will continue to set and achieve goals for myself. Whether I am remembered or not when I am gone does not matter to me, I will be dead. I will not know if my friends speak of me, or if I go down in history for something I did. I will be dead. The light will be out, the TV off, the game over.

#166492 - 05/29/06 11:32 PM Re: I can't take it anymore! [Re: Necromatrix]
man_mind Offline
Banned

Indeed. The game here, is over when you're dead! I never refuted that fact.

People are not getting the one main word, Physical, in anything I'm saying here.

The twin towers fell. They were still the remains of what?

Beside the memory, and the fact that they were "gone" you still have something; the remains of what?

The remains of the towers!

People continue replying with;

But it is just rubble, the twin towers are no longer.

But they are indeed. In more ways than one.

So, if I'm dead, like the towers, I still AM, Physically here.

The remains of WHO is in that casket.

There it is again.

There is nothing Wiccan or buddhist about the matter.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12280 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404439 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements