Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#166523 - 06/01/06 10:48 AM Re: I can't take it anymore! [Re: Minus]
ninhursag_ki Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Quote:

Quote:

Do you wave good bye to your defecation as it is flushed down the toilet, knowing it used to be you?

What a great idea. I think I will save my defecation, lump it together and sculpt a new me to replace the old me after it becomes shit. Then my new shit-me can flush the old real-me down the toilet and I can wave goodbye to myself from beneath swirling waves of tidy bowl blue.

** Ah yes, the wonders of Golgotha, the infernal sh*t demon. They make such great pets.

#166524 - 06/01/06 12:39 PM Re: The brain is the boss. [Re: Carkosa]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I like chocolate milk. Now I'm a horsie! Baaa!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uARZnvuQ78c&search=foster%27s%20home

So, would you rather be deaf, or blind? That's a tough one.

After seeing "In a Glass Cage" this morning, I've decided that being in an iron lung also ranks high on the Unpleasantness List.

So, here's a question: under what circumstances could a retarded person be considered Satanic? They can be rather like children, or animals, depending on the nature of the disability.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#166525 - 06/01/06 02:34 PM Re: The brain is the boss. [Re: TrojZyr]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

It is VERY tough. If I'm deaf or blind at least I still have my intelligence and I can still do something with my life although it will be much harder and limiting. That has never stopped others in accomplishing great things. I would just have to change my goals. I still would have all of my memories, I can make good decisions for myself and most of all I can still have sex! Who would fuck a retard? Even if someone would, it would be kind of illegal being that they are taking advantage of the person. Even though blindness is terrifying, I find it more terrifying to lose my entire identity through madness or retardation.

Quote:

So, here's a question: under what circumstances could a retarded person be considered Satanic? They can be rather like children, or animals, depending on the nature of the disability.

I would say no, they would not be Satanic. These individuals are flawed and are in no way or form elite. They can never go anywhere in life and will always remain a burdon to their loved ones and to society. They serve no purpose. It's truly a sad existance. It's the mind that makes a Satanist. As long as you still have a great mind then no other disability will get in the way.

#166526 - 06/01/06 02:43 PM Re: The brain is the boss. [Re: Carkosa]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
Quote:

Who would fuck a retard?

My girlfriend seems to think it is a worthwhile pastime...

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#166527 - 06/01/06 03:16 PM Re: The brain is the boss. [Re: Minus]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel

I love it when people laugh at themselves.. it's a sign of a healthy ego.
HS!

#166528 - 06/01/06 03:53 PM Re: The brain is the boss. [Re: TrojZyr]
ModernTantalus Offline

Quote:

Practically everyone with an IQ under 110 scares me, I admit, so the last thing I want to do is join that club.

Your standards are too low dear TrojZyr.

#166529 - 06/01/06 04:00 PM Re: I can't take it anymore! [Re: The_Lightning]
ModernTantalus Offline

I saw that post actually. Sometimes certain things bare repeating in a different context or situation. This forum is rather large and I'm sure that not everybody has the good sense to read all your posts.

#166530 - 06/01/06 04:44 PM Re: The brain is the boss. [Re: TrojZyr]
Chess Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
Quote:

Certainly not an enviable choice either way, but I wouldn't find this one very hard. I'd take deafness.

It's a matter of simple practicality. As a deaf man I'd still be able to drive, bike, read ordinary books and computer screens (and write to them), mow the lawn, and any of ten thousand other small things. (Plus, sign language looks easier to pick up than Braille.) I'd miss music terribly, and it'd be much harder to join a regular spoken conversation, but that's small potatoes compared to what blindness would take away.

That's not to say that the blind are completely helpless. I once helped a friend move into a new apartment; one of those "get a U-Haul and bribe all your friends with pizza to come carry stuff" affairs. To my surprise, one of the other helpers to show up was completely blind. But once he got the layout and had counted all the steps and such, he was carrying boxes to the third-floor walkup just as well as any of us. Still, blindness seems a much greater blow to independence than deafness -- if a deaf guy had shown up to help move, it wouldn't even have been noteworthy enough to mention here.

-Chess

#166531 - 06/01/06 04:48 PM Re: I can't take it anymore! [Re: ModernTantalus]
evalUate Offline

Loc: Michigan
Tantalus, this is concisely put and I agree with this completely. Pragmatism is remarkably absent in the majority of the religious. Why so few are able to see the obvious has always astounded me, but as Magister Nemo aptly put, it is man’s unfortunate nature, apparently. This actually makes the Satanist’s life much easier, as what is practical is often left untouched for us to grab. Most people are, “Too fond of the Right, to pursue the expedient.” –(Goldsmith)

-Nadine

HAIL SATAN!

#166532 - 06/01/06 06:44 PM Re: The brain is the boss. [Re: Carkosa]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

I'd say, I'd rather go blind, even though it is a difficult choice. I enjoy music so much, I'd hate to never experience it again.

Who would fuck a retard?

In my experience, 1)other retards, and 2) not very nice people.

Remember, most of those people still have their sexual instincts fully intact, but will typically lack the ability to use good judgment and self-restraint. And, as a cherry on top, scumbags will often be eager to take advantage of the situation.

I would say no, they would not be Satanic.

You listed off some of the reasons why I do not think most retarded people would qualify as Satanic, but, I asked "under what circumstances" simply because there are so many different types and forms of brain damage. (I probably should've used "brain damage" the first time around to allow for that.)

One of my co-workers a long time ago was mildly retarded, but it imbued her with this profound, pragmatic common sense. She was able to see through most people's bullshit simply because she lacked the ability to rationalize or hyperbolize things like regular people. So, for example, she thought religion was idiotic, because she just saw plain existence and life for what it was, and was satisfied with that. She was therefore Satanic in certain ways.

But, while I hear what you're getting at, your actual arguments may not be airtight just yet.

They serve no purpose.

It depends on what you'd call a purpose. I imagine many of them are happy to be alive, and their loved ones may feel the same way. They may not be capable of producing great works, but then, neither are children or pets, and we still like those critters.

will always remain a burdon to their loved ones and to society.

I see what you're getting at, but, just to be clear, when are people an "appropriate" burden to others, and when are they not?

It's the mind that makes a Satanist.

I'd say it's the mind and the character/will, since I know people with great minds who are still not Satanic. But, that's just an aside.

And, children and animals don't have brilliant minds either. BUT, it works if we clarify that every being has a particular capacity range for certain kinds of achievement and thought.

#166533 - 06/01/06 06:49 PM Re: The brain is the boss. [Re: ModernTantalus]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

I wanted to give myself plenty of wiggle room because I don't know what the mean scores for IQs are nowadays, and all I remember is that mine was not as high as I might've liked. (But then, I would've liked to have had Marilyn vos Savant's score.)

But then, I've met some insufferable MENSA members too, so it's about more than just intelligence, which is also why I can afford to be more lax about specific scores.

Suffice it to say, people with lower intelligence, common sense, and curiosity levels scare me.

#166534 - 06/01/06 07:23 PM Re: The brain is the boss. [Re: TrojZyr]
Cholinergic Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: UK
Quote:

will always remain a burdon to their loved ones and to society.

I see what you're getting at, but, just to be clear, when are people an "appropriate" burden to others, and when are they not?

This is an excellent point - pretty much every human being on the planet is at one point or another a burden to others. The difference between a parent looking after a disabled child (for example) and a psychic vampire should however be quite obvious:

A parent has some level of responsibility to the child. The child being disabled does not alter this, and personally I am of the opinion that a parent is responsible for raising their child until they become an adult.

#166535 - 06/01/06 07:26 PM Re: The brain is the boss. [Re: TrojZyr]
ModernTantalus Offline

Here's essentially my thoughts on intelligence. Typically I score between 140 and 170 on IQ tests, depending on how I feel that day and which sort of test I'm taking. Average intelligence is, by definition, 100. No matter what happens the average IQ will always be 100. If tomorrow everyone's IQ jumped to 200, then new IQ tests would be recalibrated so that the average IQ was 100 again. The definition for mental retardation is an IQ of 80 or below. Because this is based on a bell curve, most mentally handicapped fall in the range of 70 - 80. So, your average person is 20 - 30 IQ points above the retared. I'm 40 to 70 points above an average person. Even on my worst day there's still about twice the IQ span between myself and an average person as there is between an average person and the mentally handicapped. For me it's like living in a world in which 98% of the people I come in contact with are mentally handicapped. Most of the other 2% are emotionally or socially handicapped. That's one of the reasons I like this forum so much. There's a higher proportion of people with decent intelligence and social skills than there is in the general puplic or even Mensa. So... I typically have a hard time communicating effectively with anyone with an IQ under 120.

#166536 - 06/01/06 07:32 PM Re: The brain is the boss. [Re: ModernTantalus]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
Quote:

So... I typically have a hard time communicating effectively with anyone with an IQ under 120.

Well, to know I am typically 27 points above the average human is nice. Also it is nice to know I am still within your acceptable range of communication.

#166537 - 06/01/06 08:35 PM Re: The brain is the boss. [Re: ModernTantalus]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

I have read some studies that said that the average IQ is increasing, number-wise. (Although, you are correct, I suspect, about the average automatically being re-set to 100, for convenience's sake.)

For me it's like living in a world in which 98% of the people I come in contact with are mentally handicapped. Most of the other 2% are emotionally or socially handicapped. That's one of the reasons I like this forum so much.

I hear ya there.

I think on one IQ test, I scored slightly above 120---I seem to remember 125?---and on the next one, I scored a duh-dee-dee-dee score of about 115. But, that was several years ago. The math and spatial portions of those tests really tend to get me down.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12277 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404441 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements