Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#166538 - 06/01/06 08:41 PM Re: The brain is the boss. [Re: Cholinergic]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
And, although this value is subjective, I also think it depends on what one reaps from interacting with that organism, compared to what one gives to that organism. I am a financial and occasional social burden to my parents, but they would say I am worth it, because I bring happiness into their lives that outweighs the majority of those sacrifices.

I feel extremely sorry for those parents who will have to take care of severely disabled or retarded children for the rest of their lives, period, and will most likely never get to see those children grow or improve in any notable ways. That must be quite difficult indeed.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#166539 - 06/01/06 08:56 PM Re: The brain is the boss. [Re: TrojZyr]
ModernTantalus Offline

Notice how I said that it depends on the kind of IQ test I take as far as scores go. Also, spatial tests on an IQ test are unfair. Psychologist have determined that there is no difference between the cognative abilities of men and women except that men can rotate 3 dimensional objects in their minds better than women. I'm not being sexist here. It's been established in psychological tests. Hence, why spacial relations do not belong on any IQ test.

#166540 - 06/02/06 08:22 AM Re: The brain is the boss. [Re: ModernTantalus]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Nope, you're not being sexist, and yup, you are correct that the content of the test matters.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
43877 Topics
405567 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements