Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#16792 - 12/07/03 11:10 PM Re: Personally...
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

As far as knowledge goes, I scored a 99 on the ASVAB in 30 minutes, having not studied for it at all.

Oh, give me a break. I scored a 99 alright, but 30 minutes? I don't think the computer runs fast enough to get through every section of the test in 30 minutes.

This is not to say that nobody can out-do me, but that's a bit far fetched.

#16793 - 12/07/03 11:21 PM Re: Personally... [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
SatanicSquid Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Bay, Ca
It's been more than a couple years for me, but didn't that test take a good portion of the day? 40 minutes for this section, 30 for this, 90 for that?
When you are going to do a miracle for an ignorant race, you want to get in every detail that will count; you want to make all the properties impressive to the public eye; you want to make matters comfortable for your head guest; then you can turn yourself loose and play your effects for all they are worth. You can't throw to much style into a miracle. It costs trouble, and work, and sometimes money; but it pays in the end.

A Connecticut Yankee in King Aurthur's Court
Mark Twain

#16794 - 12/07/03 11:32 PM Re: Personally... [Re: Caesar]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
That is true. I lost friends in Iraq and that has been the most haunting thing in my life. I try to shove it into the darkness of my mind but it always seems to pop up now and again. One of my friends that died was a fellow satanist. He was a good man and he will live on through me and his loved ones.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#16795 - 12/07/03 11:36 PM Re: Personally... [Re: SatanicSquid]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Exactly, its a couple hours minimum. 30 minutes is outrageous, the items don't pop up on the screen that fast.

Many people required 4 hours. I think our friend here is exagerrating just a bit.

#16796 - 12/07/03 11:58 PM Re: Personally... [Re: Caesar]
SatanicSquid Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Bay, Ca
Quote:

what is hard to deal with for the soldier who has endured combat, to whatever extent, is not the death of his enemies, but his friends

I've never been in combat, but I have been in some highly dangerous situations in my time in the military.

To see one of my sailors hurt, that I have trained, where I was in command, still bothers me. It was unforseeable and the injuries weren't serious, but I still look back and wonder what I could of done to prevent that.

I cannot imagine leading men into combat. Obviously, injuries and death will occur, but to have to look back and wonder, if I could have prevented that, through better training or a split second decision, THAT would haunt me for life.
When you are going to do a miracle for an ignorant race, you want to get in every detail that will count; you want to make all the properties impressive to the public eye; you want to make matters comfortable for your head guest; then you can turn yourself loose and play your effects for all they are worth. You can't throw to much style into a miracle. It costs trouble, and work, and sometimes money; but it pays in the end.

A Connecticut Yankee in King Aurthur's Court
Mark Twain

#16797 - 12/08/03 05:00 AM Re: Personally... [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Bastard_Child Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Montana, USA
I took that particular test 30 years ago sans computers and completed it in an hour and a half. Everyone else was finished in three to four hours. They used my test as the answer key.(100%) They (Navy) wanted to make a nuclear engineer out of me but I didn't have any interest in playing with shit that makes your teeth glow in the dark. My mathematical abilities are atrocious, and I don't like submarines either. So much for that idea...

#16798 - 12/08/03 05:45 AM Re: Personally... [Re: Bastard_Child]
toad Offline

CoS Member

Loc: texas
I don't remember how long the test lasted... I do know that it was longer than thirty minutes as I pee'd before starting and had to pee again after I finished.
As for the results, I got a 93, and then the army went psyco on me. They then went from the nice recruiter who warmly answers your questions to the annoying email spammer who you can't get to leave you alone and when you finally do get him to stop bothering you he sends his friend over instead.
As you probably surmise from the aforementioned statement; I did not join.
Hail Satan!

I have the power to channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia.

#16799 - 12/08/03 10:37 AM Re: Personally... [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
Ah the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery. I skunked the damn thing. On the down side, I scored a abysmally low 49! One fricking point from 50, which was what I was aiming for to become an MP.

Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

#16800 - 12/09/03 08:20 PM Re: Ignorance and the Armed Services [Re: Hydrax]
Hydrax Offline
CoS Member

When I wrote that orginal post I was coming of a horrid day and I might have come off realy bad. I didn't mean to take strikes at my fellow warriors.
I did mean everything I said, but the tone and wording was not an intellegent way of expressing myself.

Maybe it's just becuase Marines are crack babies turned superstar they act...in a way I don't aprove of, and that's where I was coming from saying they were arogant stuck up s.o.b.s, and Recon is. I partied with seals and trained with rangers, and yeah, my problem's mostly with jarheads.

Oohrah!

#16801 - 12/09/03 11:30 PM Re: Personally... [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: Florida
I don't think the computer runs fast enough to get through every section of the test in 30 minutes.

The test isn't always run by computer. I took it two years ago on paper (another 99th percentile). While I didn't bother looking back up at the clock as I finished each section to time myself, I did notice that my pencil was usually the first one down.

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

#16802 - 12/10/03 11:45 PM Re: Personally... [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually, no, its not an exaggeration; I timed myself. And yes, the computer goes that fast. Especially in the grammatical sections. Some of those I answered in 3-4 seconds by skimming.

Also, the 99 was the composite. My M.A.G.E. scores were higher and lower than 99.

Now I did worse on the EDPT. That was pure math with some image analogy, and it was on paper, not computerized. I only made an 86 on that. And took the whole two hours alloted.

Anyway, believe me or not; its what happened.

Ave Satanas

#16803 - 12/10/03 11:48 PM Re: Personally... [Re: SatanicSquid]
Anonymous
Unregistered

They allot you two hours and thirty minutes for the computerized version. They would probably give you more for the written.

#16804 - 12/11/03 12:07 AM Re: Personally... [Re: Discipline]
Anonymous
Unregistered

*takes his cookie, but refrains from eating*

If you look at the sentence in my post pertaining to my training, I said I learned to do these things at a young age. I have only had to apply them once, in a justifiable homicide. A break-in, if it interests you. And that was when I was twelve.

And you've said yourself how killing can be cold and emotionless: if it is a reaction, or a reflex. Self-preservation in the most obvious and immediate sense of the word. These reflexes can and are trained all the time. All it takes is the right motivation.

No, killing was not fun. Nor, in my case, was it distasteful. It was necessary in order to protect that which I loved. Therefore I have no problem with what I did.

We weren't speaking of murder, now were we? I do not consider killing in combat situations to be murder, save if those killed are innocent women or children. I do not condone murder in most situations, and I wouldn't know what it feels like in any case.

I appreciate that you have the humanity to be forced to deal with your actions. I do believe, however, that you are reading more into my meanings and motivations than was included in my post.

Ave Satanas.

#16805 - 12/11/03 12:13 AM Re: Personally... [Re: Felstorm]
Anonymous
Unregistered

.......where did I mention ANYTHING about missles? I don't believe my MOS has anything to do with the production of missles. I hope not, as I surely don't want to be parked in a missle silo for months at a time.

#16806 - 12/11/03 01:30 AM Re: Personally...
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Sorry for my earlier attack. I just get a little carried away when I hear people bragging about the ability to kill.

And thank you. I liked your response, it was well thought out.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44031 Topics
406349 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements