Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#171690 - 06/19/06 04:21 PM Xian jewelry and tattoos
TriKster Offline

Loc: Texas
Greetings

Since the beginning of June 2006 when my wife and I decided that we had lived this life of Satanism that we now openly admit (not publicly/freely) all these years, that it was time to change a few things in our life styles and how we portray ourselves to others.

(No not looking to make some kind of fashion statement.)

But I have a few questions and would like to know what to do and how to go about doing it.

1. We have removed our Xian wedding bands, as they represent a Xian ceremony and I esp believe nothing should adorn my body (ESP, ESP gold) on my left hand. (Hand that holds said Xian wedding ring).

Now my feeling is for us to just remove the rings and destroy them.

Maybe this is overboard (Destroying the ring that represented our committment and ever lasting love and devotion to each other for 17 years). But is there something that might be of significance once these rings are removed that should be carried out? Our Xian marriage will still be remembered and legal. (unless we can reaffirm our marriage vows to overrule the Xian ceremony to a Satanic connection).

Should we just toss them out? (They are worthless in monetary value, 17 years ago we had less then $100 to purchase our wedding bands.)

The 2nd question is regarding tattoos. Some of you may not agree with the adorment of skin art. But we appreciate art in many forms and one is art adorning our bodies.

I would like to have a Baphomet tattooed on my left elbow or over my left pectoral. Would this present a problem aside from the fact that it is of my own personal choice?

I would appreciate any constructive and professional comments on these questions.

Thank you

TriKster

#171691 - 06/19/06 04:37 PM Re: Xian jewelry and tattoos [Re: TriKster]
susej Offline

Why do you care what other people think of you?

#171692 - 06/19/06 04:48 PM Re: Xian jewelry and tattoos [Re: susej]
Asmedious Offline

Non of it matters. Do as you wish. Speaking just for myself, IF I was married, I would keep, and wear the wedding bands, because to me it signifies, my commitment to a loved one, not a Christian symbol. But again, that's just my oppinion.

#171693 - 06/19/06 04:52 PM Re: Xian jewelry and tattoos [Re: TriKster]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

1. We have removed our Xian wedding bands, as they represent a Xian ceremony and I esp believe nothing should adorn my body (ESP, ESP gold) on my left hand. (Hand that holds said Xian wedding ring).

Now my feeling is for us to just remove the rings and destroy them.

Maybe this is overboard (Destroying the ring that represented our committment and ever lasting love and devotion to each other for 17 years). But is there something that might be of significance once these rings are removed that should be carried out? Our Xian marriage will still be remembered and legal. (unless we can reaffirm our marriage vows to overrule the Xian ceremony to a Satanic connection).

Since you say that the rings also represent your commitment, love, and devotion to each other, why destroy them? Take them off and use them in a Satanic Ritual that you and your wife develop yourselves. That way you are reaffirming your love and devotion and the rings now represent that, not any xtian ideals. Use the Rituals in TSB as a guideline to develop a personal Ritual that has the most meaning to you both. If you are adverse to wearing gold on your left hand, just keep the ring in a safe spot or put it on a chain. If you really hate the rings, then get rid of them and get whatever will have more meaning to you both. That's my suggestion.

As for tattoos? Whatever is your own personal taste there. Just be mindful of where you put a Baphomet that you can easily cover it up under circumstances that warrant it.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#171694 - 06/19/06 05:16 PM Re: Xian jewelry and tattoos [Re: TriKster]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
You can give the rings to a blacksmith to make some nice earrings\necklace out of them. Than the original material that symbolizes your love would be kept, the money you spend on the rings would not go to waste, and you'll have some nice new jewelry!

#171695 - 06/19/06 05:31 PM Re: Xian jewelry and tattoos [Re: susej]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
Says the same person that wants to be baptized.

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#171696 - 06/19/06 06:50 PM Re: Xian jewelry and tattoos [Re: susej]
TriKster Offline

Quote:

Why do you care what other people think of you?

I had stated this:

Quote:

(No not looking to make some kind of fashion statement.)

Meaning, I do not care what anyone thinks, it is more of a self comfort thing. I also want to make a statement to myself, that I made a sacrifice and a step in what I feel is the proper direction. I didn't just wake up and realize that being a Satanist would be something new age and fun to do. I knew I was a Satanist, but didn't realize that what I had been looking for since a child was right in front of me. (Kind of like seeing that important puzzle piece that puts the whole picture in perspective).

Quote:

Life is the great indulgence -- death, the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life - - HERE AND NOW!

For instance, (As I know more of you and continue to make relationships) I will begin to share my experiences as a grow and mature as a Satanist.

As a child my first experience with Satan or quite possibly just a supernatural occurance was after the autumn equinox. The few things I remember was there were still leaves on the trees and there was a full moon. This was in 1973.

Some may contest this, but as some of you know traumatic events can either be washed away into the depths of your mind and forgotten, or they can stand out and live with you good or bad forever. This is also quite hard to believe for those of you who have a hard time remembering what happened last week let alone 33 years ago.

----long story----

First of all please don't judge anything that is written below as if I am crying for attention, pretending to be a chosen one, or anything ridiculous... The story and information below to be are of interest and factual as much as I can relate. Some people find religous figures in a cheese sandwich and the world goes crazy. Religion or not, to me boils down to a state of mind. These are my words, not my ploy for anything but a good story and something to think about.

J. Burleson - TriKster

I had just been moved from a crib in my room to a bed. The room was on the west side of my parents apt. The bed was in the north corner. As I lay there my bed rumbled, not a bounce or some sort of wierd levatation.. more like a tremor. It was playful, I shook my leg the same amount of times back to the tremor. I am unsure as to how many times or how long this continued.. but finally the bed and the room grew still (the stillness you might feel just like the calm before the storm). I could no longer hear my parents watching TV just down the hallway.... I was alone or so I thought.

It was over as fast as it had begun, this "game.." but I believe it wasn't a game, I believe it was a test of and for fear and trust. Slowly a full faced apparation, just the head rose between the space between my bedroom wall and my bed. I do not know what Satan looks like except as portrayed in the likes of lithographs that anyone who knows any religion that Satan is included in has seen, especially at that age!

I saw a gazing face, it had pointed upright and slightly tilted ears, I am unable to describe the face, it wasn't solid, it changed and moved, but not ghostly, it moved as if it represented the many faces of it's origin. It had horns, the horns turned down and pointed forward. It snorted at me like a bull might do and we stared at each other, I was frozen and so was time. No sound or breath could escape my throat, I tried. Then it descended back below my vision between my wall and bed. The bed tremored hard one last time and then I was able to scream. My parents rushed into the room, no lights were turned on, nothing was said except my version of what I had witnessed while I trembled. Having never seen a monster movie, or experienced anything that would have been programmed into my head. I was told calmly by my father that all was fine and put into my crib. They silently left the room. I laid there in my crib in the center of my room... the crib shook just one last time and I drifted off to sleep.

The story except for what I saw and felt, was confirmed by my father, meaning what I said here is the same thing I had told him to ask if he remembered such an event.

I am no Anne Rice or H.P. Lovecraft reader, I enjoy a good horror movie. But I will never forget that evening. To this day I have my children's beds that are the kind that are high up off of the floor, my sons being a single bunkbed. I don't fear them being touched emotionally like that, I fear how it will affect them horribly if it is not something they can connect with. Plus I don't feel like having to deal more then I have to with the nightly, "There is a monster in my room" when it is bed time.

I swear this is not a story I have fabricated, take it as you wish. I would like to know that this was interesting and thought provoking.

What does this have to do with rings and tattoos? To me it has to do with 100% submission to something I am 100% dedicated to. My focus is strong and my life shows that, I have been on my own since I was 13, I have been a survivor and a great accomplisher of things that I set myself in motion to conquer.

This also boils down to (I am not a numerologist) this:

I was born on midnight, Feb 28th (just before the spring equinox) in a Munich, Germany hospital surrounded by German doctors (No US Army doctors or US Army hospitals involved). I was to have died because my heart rate could not be paced down by any medical means. (Doctors meaningless, just an added attraction that I wasn't born on a bed of hay.)

3 Days later this mystery tachycardia problem disappeared completely leaving doctors baffled.

6 weeks later we moved back to the USA.

At any rate. I realized days after (nothing is every exact in time) 06/06/06 that I was a Satanist. Once again this was not something sparked by this date, I feel it is merely coincedental, but does hold significance to me. I am 36 (3 and a 6, 3 sixs'). 12 years after pretty much being in a mental coma from PTSD while being a commando for the military for 6 years. (3 sixs') We are also going into our 18 year of marriage (3x6=18)(3 sixs') - (Scratch the 18). Now we all know that basically the numbers 666 also were used as a special code for It's a number puzzle, sometimes agrued it was actually 616 - Regged on this forum's website 06/18/06 - 3 numbers, each fitting the number 6.

----------------
TriKster

#171697 - 06/19/06 06:50 PM Re: Xian jewelry and tattoos [Re: TriKster]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

The purpose of my marriage is to be legally bound to my mate of choice for legal reasons.

Love, devotion, and loyally also plays a factor hence why she is my mate of choice.

I wear a wedding band. There is nothing wrong with wearing a wedding band. I'm no less of a Satanist for publicly displaying the fact that I am spoken for.

Relax.

#171698 - 06/19/06 06:56 PM Re: Xian jewelry and tattoos [Re: TriKster]
Mile_Highlander Offline

The marriage act and the wearing of wedding bands is not an entirely Xtian institution. If (yellow) gold offends you, exchange the wedding bands for silver or even "white" gold.

#171699 - 06/19/06 08:51 PM Re: Xian jewelry and tattoos and Now the RIGHT hand! [Re: Mile_Highlander]
TriKster Offline

I appreciate the comments and patience.

I think this has all turned into a major confusion on my part and the fact that even though I did read, and try to absorb every single word of the Satanic Bible, it might have been, I should have slept a little before taking on such a task of understanding the true importance and messages within esp all in one sitting.

I had thought (BIG FAT JUICY ASSUMPTION #1 HERE) it had stated somewhere that the right hand was as in the "Right hand of God" or to the right of God as from a quick quote from the internet:

Quote:

"The term at the right hand of God points to his exalted position he now is active on. There is numerous things that need to be considered to understand this phrase. The phrase right hand is a metaphor, God exercises his authority by his right hand.

So I guess in Section C of "The Satanic Ritual"; page 140, I was merely confused from reading the book all in one sitting and not fully absorbing it, that because of this:

Quote:

Before the ritual begins curses are placed to the right of the priest, and charms or blessings are placed to the left of him.

And then furthermore misinterpreting this in Sectin C of "The Satanic Ritual"; page 137:

Quote:

One white candle is placed to the right of the altar, representing the hypocrisy of white light "magicians" and the followers of the right-hand path.

Then the Left hand part in Section C of "The Satanic Ritual"; page 137:

Quote:

At least one black candle is placed to the left of the altar, representing the Powers of Darkness and the left-hand path.

(BIG FAT JUICY ASSUMPTION #2 HERE) Gold:

Quote:

In the Satanic ritual....
... or crockery may be used -- anything but gold. Gold has always been associated with white-light religions and the Heavenly Realm.

So through all of this, I started to... OH NO! ... think ...

That Gold = bad - Gold on Left hand = bad

Finally... a lot of this has to do with my military training. In the military, all honors and achievements are for the most part on the left side, closest to the heart. Even in the US Military, ironically the United States Flag is placed on the Right side of the uniform. (The whole white-light... ok.. ya).

So please forgive the confusion I have. I promise I wont be doing any rituals and I love the idea "The_Lightning" said:

Quote:

You can give the rings to a blacksmith to make some nice earrings\necklace out of them. Than the original material that symbolizes your love would be kept, the money you spend on the rings would not go to waste, and you'll have some nice new jewelry!

At least I can say I DID read The Satanic Bible! I am trying!

My personal quote for me today:

Quote:

"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." - Mark Twain

I am laughing are you?

Thanks all!

TriKster

#171700 - 06/19/06 09:06 PM Re: Xian jewelry and tattoos [Re: TriKster]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

My own feeling is that it is silly to destroy something of sentimental value due to religious overreaction. My entire house is filled with Christian church antiques, none of which I hate because they were once used for Christian purposes. Instead, I love that they are now used for my own purpose. I have brought them some glory now that they are objects of beauty to me.

Of course, if you have no particular attachment to your rings, and wish to be rid of them, so be it. But more importantly, how does this make you feel about your marriage? Is your long relationship invalidated by the error of your prior thinking? I should hope not, that your love for your wife was not a love brought on by Christian morality but by sincerity.

If you, for whatever reason, have a psychological need to do something about this (there is no religious reason in Satanism to do this), then simply purchase rings more to your taste and with what resources you now have, and reaffirm your vows in a secular or private ceremony of your choice (this would not necessarily require an official, it could be between your wife and you alone). Should that not satisfy you, that your love is greater than the religion under which you first declared it?

It may surprise you to know that my own love exceeds my religious fervor. I would never martyr myself for Satanism, but should my family ever require my life be put at stake for their own safety, it is theirs. Such is the way of animals and of men who live by animal nature: beliefs are only that, but love of mate and child may be equal to love of self.

By the way, the aversion to gold is not one prescribed by Satanic thought. The use of gold in the ritual chalice is to be avoided as Catholic churches use gold for their own chalice and hold it as the godly metal, but that is purely symbolic opposition in Satanism and does not suggest that gold is to be avoided in all things. Gold jewelry or other golden objects, if one is pleased by gold, are as good as any other metal. If for some reason you just don't like gold, as some do, that is of course fine, but to disdain an object merely for being made of gold is not Satanic dogma.

And finally, on tattoos: there is obviously nothing wrong with this, but my recommendation is always to wait one year before getting any tattoo you think you want, to ensure that you still want it. Unlike the ring, it cannot be discarded should you wish to have something else.

#171701 - 06/19/06 09:50 PM Re: Xian jewelry and tattoos [Re: The_Lightning]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
That is a great idea.

Or, perhaps they could conduct a ritual over the jewelry, and infuse it with new "energy." In the end, it's mostly about what you think about the jewelry, and what it means to you, and so changing your perspective can change everything.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#171702 - 06/19/06 10:55 PM Re: Xian jewelry and tattoos [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
TriKster Offline

LeviathanXIII,

Thank you Sir, that put things in a much better perspective then I would have imagined. I did remove my ring today, though in haste. But I am now positive esp after your reply that I will once again wear a ring, just one more attuned to my feelings of gratitude and "vital existence".

It was a mistake to be so hasty, and for some reason I am now noticing that I am not only in haste about such things as small as a ring set, but in my self advancment and wanting to be a fully educated CoS member, I felt like I needed to catch up...

I think we will get sterling silver rings and have something engraved in Latin that describes our comittment to each other. (Wife has been at work all day, so in all actuality she was unaware of my hasty decision). The idea of a personal ritual between us would seem to be the best idea.

When it happens (probably after we purchase our "Big Dog" motorcycles!) I will post pictures to the forum! I think that would be cool.

Ladies and Gentlemen you are a fanastic group, for an online community this is a rewarding place to be.

Oh, late at night, turns down the light,
Closes up on me
Opens my heart, tears me apart,
Brings ou the devil in me
Hell... ain't no bad place to be!
I said, "Hell... ain't no bad place to be!"
Hell... ain't no bad place to be!
You know that Hell... ain't no bad place to be!

AC/DC - Hell Ain't a bad place to be

TriKster

#171703 - 06/19/06 11:28 PM Re: Xian jewelry and tattoos [Re: TriKster]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I might advise that, to my knowledge, sterling silver cannot have stones set in it as it is too soft. White gold or platinum, or even titanium, are all "silvertone" options should you prefer that aesthetic. I think a silver ring with no stones is workable, though almost certainly vulnerable to scratching and possibly warping.

Remember, Satanism advocates what is best for you, with no regrets. Always consider first what you treasure most in life, and that is what is sacred. Nothing else.

#171704 - 06/20/06 03:18 AM Re: Xian jewelry and tattoos [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
TriKster Offline

LeviathanXIII

This is how I felt once my wife was home from work and I shared with her how my day went....

Quote:

Wife: Bring out the Gimp.
Me: But the Gimp's sleeping.
Wife: Well, I guess you're gonna have to go wake him up now, won't you?

Ya, I was F**ked....

She said, "I like my rings, I am not getting rid of them... while I looked down at the pathetic loss, my once half way decent ring now cut in half by bolt cutters...

AHAH! I thought, now at least I have a reason to purchase a decent wedding band! (I was reminded that half a decade ago after she lost her original ring set, SHE was nice enough to purchase an expensive set that was pleasing to her.. but since I was deployed my pocket book did not understand this.)

See this is what happens when you sit around all day in a recliner, parked in front of your computer (yes I have a recliner for a computer chair....) The blood just pooled in my hindparts region... So much for being at the top of the food chain!

My final thought on this subject:

Quote:

Now at least I won't get soap chunks stuck under my ring when I am in a hurry washing my hands!

ROFL

TriKster

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43975 Topics
406010 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements