Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#171772 - 06/19/06 06:29 PM Dreams, Tarot Cards and more
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
I was wondering, if perhaps Satanists have similar dreams?
I assume many Satanists had repetitive dreams about witch-hunts.. (Getting chased by beings that are out to exterminate you because you are different)…Is this assumption correct?

And how about Satanic dreams?
I've been thinking lately about a dream from my very early childhood (I was 4 or 5 when I dreamt it) that had such a strong emotional influence on me that I could never forget it. It was about a man with a head of the wolf, who stood in the middle of the road and stared at me. This figure was wearing the skins and furs of weaker animals, and it made me feel as though I can never run of hide from it- I can only join it.
This dream makes me think that perhaps my subconscious was trying to inform me of my satanic nature. And if that is so- perhaps many here had such dreams that invoked them to face their nature.
I'm just plain interested what other subconsciousesses have to say about the Satanists they belong to.
This would also fit into the category of "know yourself" since dwelling on dreams brings about great personal revelations.

I will not go into the importance of symbols since Jung's book on the subject is in the reading list and definitely explains this better than I can.
I wanted to ask you all about the usage of tarot cards as means of exploring the subconscious: I am not talking about prophesying; I am talking about tarot readings that only refer to the present situation. (Reading about future events will make the subconscious work to accomplish those events rather it likes it or not- so it's stupid). I personally found Osho Zen's tarot deck to be very helpful in deepening the knowledge about my self. Does anyone here use tarot?
What means do you use to explore to your subconscious? Are there specific meditations you found useful?

I'll also use this thread to tell people I got the SB and read it, and re-read it- and liked everything about it. The story of how I got it is a great story by itself, but I'm not sure anyone would be interested. I'm just adding this in to inform some very kind people who offered to help me get it, and I owe them big thanks for their concern.

HS!

#171773 - 06/19/06 06:37 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
Quote:

I assume many Satanists had repetitive dreams about witch-hunts.. (Getting chased by beings that are out to exterminate you because you are different)…Is this assumption correct?

No. I did have ONE dream once about 6 months ago that I was being tortured and murdered by the Pope - but nothing recurring.

Anyway as we are all very different individuals why on Earth would you assume that we would have similar dreams?

SETI@Home Team

#171774 - 06/19/06 06:42 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: False_Messiah78]
The_Lightning Offline

Because after all we all have our similarities as well- we are all outsiders and suspicious of other human beings (because we all believe that humans are basically the cruelest of all animals) and I also assumed many of us got negative intention for the "herd". Therefore- I assumed many Satanists would have witch-hunt dreams.
But, of course- it is only an assumption.

I'd be glad to know what you think about the other subjects I brought up.

Edited by The_Lightning (06/19/06 06:44 PM)

#171775 - 06/19/06 07:01 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
TattooedKali Offline

Loc: Maine
I dont have witch hunt dreams... most of my dreams are happy ones. I go on a lot of journeys and explore hidden temples and caves and stuff, and for whatever reason I have a LOT of dreams about travelling cross-country in a car.

I don't imagine you'll find many similarities in dreams here. About the only constant you'll find among us us that we identify as Satanists; and that is only a part of the network of experiences, memories, and abilities that make us who we are.

As for tarot, astrology, ouija, tea leaves, palmistry, psychic readings, etc. etc. I don't really care about it one way or the other. I don't need a deck of cards or giant balls of superheated gas to tell me who and what I am or what I should be doing with myself. I have better things to spend my money on, heh. I appreciate these more as tools of lesser magic to influence others.

#171776 - 06/19/06 07:10 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: TattooedKali]
The_Lightning Offline

You misunderstood me- I personally use Tarot not to tell me who I am, but to invoke me to think about things I would not think about otherwise. I don't believe in mystic rubbish at all.
How do you learn about hidden parts of yourself?
I just came to realize that books are always a conscious choice, therefore learning about the "dark parts" of oneself has to come from an unconscious choice… such as picking cards out of a deck.

#171777 - 06/19/06 07:13 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
I have a lot fo weird dreams that don't make any sense. Nothing repetative, but many have one thing similar in it that I recognize in another dream.

Once I had a dream that Earth was invaded by hot sexy alien men. I was brough up onto the ship to have all my sexual needs provided for and to be the captain. Then one of the guys I was having sex with turned into a giant spider lady and the others killed it. Then for some reason everything was made out of ricecrispy squares. For about five seconds after I woke up I was convinced I had made a wonderful discovery of the importance of ricerispy sqares in space travel.

I had another dream where I had just had a baby, who was infact a giant egg and spoke in a lovely british accent. I took him to yoga with me and I lost him. Apparently all 6+ billion people in the world go to my yoga classes.

One of my favourite dreams was the one where I was back in the 1700s wearing a lovely dress while on the run from a giant dinosaur. It came to an end after I stuffed some yappy bitch into an oven.

#171778 - 06/19/06 07:25 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
My dreams tend to be predatory in nature, one way or another.

If something does threaten Me... That generally serves as a cue to become lucid and consume My would-be threat with a fireball or something.

I've no experience with tarot, so I won't comment there.

#171779 - 06/19/06 07:26 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: tovasshi]
The_Lightning Offline

LOL
Your dreams are way more amusing than mine… but I have to ask- haven't you tried analyzing your dreams?
I can actually see some satanic substance in the first dream.

But perhaps it was far-fetched to assume that a satanic nature will reveal itself dream-wise…

#171780 - 06/19/06 07:27 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
>>I assume many Satanists had repetitive
>>dreams about witch-hunts..

I've been recording and studying my dreams off and on for over 15 years, but I've never actually had a repeating dream. I've had some themes show up much more frequently than others, but even then the imagery and situations would be completely different.

>>I will not go into the importance of symbols
>>since Jung's book on the subject is in the
>>reading list and definitely explains this better
>>than I can.

Personally I've never put much validity into "dream dictionaries" and the interpretation of dreams in terms of archetypes. When I look at the things I dream about, usually they're elements taken from something I saw in town that day or just something that was on my mind lately. Though again, I don't have repeating dreams.

>>Does anyone here use tarot?

I don't use it, but I don't dismiss it as being an entirely useless item either. If something is obsessively on the subject's mind, that person will "see" it in the cards. I agree that it's not the "future" that's being told, but potential future trends based on what will happen if things keep going the way they're going presently. I suppose this could help people get something out of their systems and get them to rationalize a solution through a 3rd party.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#171781 - 06/19/06 07:54 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Bill_M]
The_Lightning Offline

Quote:

Personally I've never put much validity into "dream dictionaries" and the interpretation of dreams in terms of archetypes.

Why not? There are some common dreams that indicate a specific emotional problems- such as the falling\flying dream, the witch-hunt dream, the dream of being naked in front of a crowd, the dream of having all your teeth fall out.. etc. Mostly those dreams refer to different types of stress, and stress is a feeling we all have because of our mare existence. If human beings weren't basically built on similar basics, psychology wouldn't exist.

But generally- do you dismiss dreams as being useless or do you use them to get to know yourself better?

#171782 - 06/19/06 08:01 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
I don't analyze my dreams, I just enjoy them.

#171783 - 06/19/06 08:03 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
SonOfSaturn Offline

Loc: Next to a broken church.
I had a tarot deck a few years back, They worked fine until I started using them as imagry for my lust magic. LOL Worked well there too!

#171784 - 06/19/06 08:09 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
>>There are some common dreams that indicate a specific
>>emotional problems- such as the falling\flying dream, the
>>witch-hunt dream, the dream of being naked in front of a
>>crowd, the dream of having all your teeth fall out.. etc.

But as I repeated at the end of that paragraph, I don't have repeating dreams. I do agree that for some of these sorts of popular repeating dreams, an archetype study could help. But if I have one single dream involving, say, an owl, I know my dreams well enough to know that this doesn't necessarily mean my subconcious is trying to tell me a message about "wisdom" or "education" or whatever else the owl typically represents. It's more likely because I saw an owl that day in a movie or magazine or something.

>>But generally- do you dismiss dreams as being useless

No. I just think applying heavy symbolism interpretation to non-repeating dreams is largely useless.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#171785 - 06/20/06 01:47 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Canada
Quote:

I assume many Satanists had repetitive dreams about witch-hunts...Is this assumption correct?

While I cannot speak for anyone else, personally I have never drempt of witch-hunts. Although I do have some dreams that I've had since I was very little, about eerie eyes. I've made at least one sketch of them, and I find it disturbing; maybe I'll post it one day...maybe.

Quote:

Does anyone here use tarot?

Yes! I like to use it as a fun game, that might reveal something I hadn't considered before. In fact, I'm developing my own Satanically-themed Tarot card deck as well! You can find it here.

Quote:

I'll also use this thread to tell people I got the SB and read it, and re-read it- and liked everything about it. The story of how I got it is a great story by itself, but I'm not sure anyone would be interested.

Well I, for one, would be interested to read that story! Maybe you would like to post an essay of it in the Essay section?
Undercroft Sign Up

#171786 - 06/20/06 03:04 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
OminousFixation Offline

Loc: Michigan, US
Reoccuring dreams, one or two. Nothing I would call witch hunt-esque. My dreams are usually incredibly surreal. Twisted, dark and usually raining. Come to think of it, I've had one re-occuring dream that may resemble a witch hunt theme. It involves me standing on a large cliff face, and being cornered by a mob of angry people with torches and what not. They force me off the edge and as I'm falling, massive wings sprout from my back and blot out of the sun (when I say massive, I mean MASSIVE). I rise up, level with the mob, and my eyes are a deep crimson. I blink both eyes and everyone simply bursts into flames. This then goes through two more dreams which are also reoccuring. I've these three dreams since I was about ten. Usually I have a hard time remembering my dreams, but luckily its been easy lately. I figure one day my dreams will make me very rich in that H.R. Giger kind of way. heh.
I have a Tarot deck, but to me they are more or less a game, and definately used to manipulate others. I've used them for dream interpretation, but I always take them with a grain of salt and am sure to never put too much importance on them. After all, they're just a deck of cards.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12281 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404439 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements