Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#171817 - 06/20/06 03:51 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Quote:

there are seas of possibilities we are yet aware of\ still don't know how to utilize properly

That I have no problem with, besides its vagueness.

Notice how sloppy language does not work here?

The thermal conductivity of helium II is greater than that of any other known substance, a million times that of helium I and hundred of times that of copper. This is because heat conduction occurs via a quantum mechanism.

Second sound is a quantum mechanical phenomenon in which heat transfer occurs by wave-like motion, rather than by the usual mechanism of diffusion. Heat takes the place of pressure in normal sound waves. This leads to very high thermal conductivity. It's known as "second sound" because the wave motion of heat is similar to the propagation of sound in air.

Sound waves are fluctuations in the density of molecules in a substance; second sound waves are fluctuations in the density of phonons. Second sound can be observed in any system in which most phonon-phonon collisions conserve momentum. This occurs in superfluids and in dielectric crystals when Umklapp scattering is small.

#171818 - 06/20/06 04:01 PM Illusions [Re: The_Lightning]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

This qualifies as a witch hunt… you are hunted down because of your difference from the crowd..

Well, once again, this martyr thing is annoying.

Take each word he has said, then put numerous parameters to each one, which are for a great part something personal: the dream.

so how to claim : "this qualifies as... etc" ?

There are a lot to study through the self, no popular books will help, and before all, no one else than the one who will study through this "journey".

Once again, no one can "dissect" your dream to give you an answer. There are maybe some general points yes, but that's all.

We are speaking about individualism here, so there's no need to say that we don't share a same social brain.

Edited by Assabrah (06/20/06 04:04 PM)

#171819 - 06/20/06 04:12 PM Re: Illusions [Re: Assabrah]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
Like I said- it's a matter of what fits your personal logic. I think Freud's and Jung's theories are correct.
I don't think one can analyze someone else's dream thoroughly without knowing what he's been through lately - what the background is, but personally I find dreams and specific sorts of "theme dreams" to fit a certain mental\emotional state common to all human beings.
You are entitled to your opinion.

#171820 - 06/20/06 04:21 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Quaark]
The_Lightning Offline

That I have no problem with, besides its vagueness.
Notice how sloppy language does not work here?

I truly hope after doing the research I want to do I'll manage to be somewhat less vague.
And yeah- no room for letting you guards down…
I'm starting to reconsider taking Ritalin.

#171821 - 06/20/06 04:23 PM Re: Illusions [Re: The_Lightning]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

But Freud's theories are old now. Would Freud could handle this "dream world "today ? I do not think, but this is only my opinion.

I'm against this man with things like this Oedipus complex, where he speaks about sex making a big generality. According to me "THE sexuality" doesn't exist.

Then, it is impossible ( I insist ) to say to False_Messiah that his dream was about this "witch-hunt".

#171822 - 06/20/06 04:26 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Well... you aren't "dead" yet after 183 posts.

The thermal conductivity of helium II is greater than that of any other known substance, a million times that of helium I and hundred of times that of copper. This is because heat conduction occurs via a quantum mechanism.

Second sound is a quantum mechanical phenomenon in which heat transfer occurs by wave-like motion, rather than by the usual mechanism of diffusion. Heat takes the place of pressure in normal sound waves. This leads to very high thermal conductivity. It's known as "second sound" because the wave motion of heat is similar to the propagation of sound in air.

Sound waves are fluctuations in the density of molecules in a substance; second sound waves are fluctuations in the density of phonons. Second sound can be observed in any system in which most phonon-phonon collisions conserve momentum. This occurs in superfluids and in dielectric crystals when Umklapp scattering is small.

#171823 - 06/20/06 04:38 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Quote:

I was wondering, if perhaps Satanists have similar dreams?
I assume many Satanists had repetitive dreams about witch-hunts.. (Getting chased by beings that are out to exterminate you because you are different)…Is this assumption correct?

What a strange assumption. No, I've never had a dream like that. I don't have a lot of anxiety over being different.

I do regularly have very vivid dreams. Sometimes they're relatively simple, but sometimes they have complex back-stories. Often they'll have some motif or other "touch" that feels like it could have come from someone's art (eg., a story that could have been written by Lovecraft, or Stephen King; a way of seeing color and of moving that could have been directed by David Lynch; etc.). They rarely make a lot of sense in terms of "personal meaning" (but sometimes do), but they're often entertaining -- even when they're nightmares.

Sometimes they're jokes, like the dream I had last month about the Talking Stove and the Suicide. Or the all-black parachuting club called "Niggaz With Altitude". Other times they're more like thrillers, or horror stories.

One interesting thing I've noticed is that different people dream with different dominant senses. My dreams tend to be very visual and kinaesthetic; there are rich colors and well-defined spaces (even if they're geometrically impossible), and I have a movement and a momentum that I can feel. But my sense of hearing is impoverished in dreams; I know what people are saying, but I can't actually hear it very well. I can somehow understand what sounds like someone talking very far away, or muffled somehow. I'd imagine that if anyone ever made movies of my dreams, they'd have to be subtitled, the sound would be so distorted.

I have a friend who listens to jazz; she says her dreams are very full of sound, with lots of dialogue occurring in different regions of her aural space; but she doesn't have a very well-defined visual fabric, and little kinaesthetic sense.

I'd be interested to know if anyone here has noticed anything like this, in their own dreams!

#171824 - 06/20/06 05:31 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: reprobate]
The_Lightning Offline

Interesting… now that you mention it- I can't hear people at all in my dreams… they don't talk to me, they use telepathy. But my visual perception is very detailed and colorful..
Perhaps our subconscious uses the language we are the best at… I'm a visual artist and I have ADD- this might explain the focus on color and shape instead of sound.

#171825 - 06/20/06 05:52 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Quaark]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Exactly!

Pop-physics have taken the idea of Quantum Mechanics and turned it into some new-age gibberish.

To anyone truly interested in quantum physics, you should ignore the mainstream crap and pick up either a text book or a book written by a physicist who is involved in research.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#171826 - 06/20/06 05:58 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: reprobate]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
For me, any dreams that seem to be about "witch hunts"---people were after me, yada yada---are usually exciting and fun, rather than scary, because in most dreams of that sort, I have tools to escape from or outwit whomever's after me.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#171827 - 06/20/06 06:07 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: reprobate]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I had a funny dream where I was riding on a snowmobile fighting against the Predator. I had a sledgehammer as a weapon. It was a great dream.

As for the structure of my dreams, the voices I hear are muffled like someone is talking through a door. They are in dark shades of color and nothing is very fluid, it is like taking individual pictures and flipping them to create movement.

Oh, I had a dream once when I was in Egypt where I drove through a McDonald's drive through with my tank and for some strange reason it was snowing. It was rather entertaining, especially after the complacent boredom in bum-fuck-Egypt.

Note: Snow seems to be a big issue in my dreams, but I live in Southern California.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#171828 - 06/20/06 06:10 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: TrojZyr]
The_Lightning Offline

May I ask, if you have been exposed to violence, in real life, because of your difference from the herd?

#171829 - 06/20/06 06:22 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Yes, but typically not because of being a Satanist per se. School was hellish from about 2nd grade until 9th grade.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#171830 - 06/20/06 06:42 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: TrojZyr]
The_Lightning Offline

I think the last time I had a frightening witch-hunt dream was after a few boys in my grade threatened to stab me (not because of being a Satanist per se either). I am sorry I didn't revenge this properly, I felt very helpless that time. I assume that what decides if the dream would be scary or not…?

Edited by The_Lightning (06/20/06 07:17 PM)

#171831 - 06/20/06 06:59 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Discipline]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Hey, that's pretty cool. Have you ever lived anywhere with snow? Maybe you're trying to tell yourself something!

The flipping pictures thing is interesting. My dreams sometimes have something like cinematography to them. Once I had a dream complete with panning camera angles. It was very Lynch-y.

I once had a dream that I was a young Native American, and I was going to assassinate Hitler with my ritual hatchet.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
11891 Members
73 Forums
43640 Topics
404156 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements