Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#171832 - 06/20/06 07:15 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Myster_Tale Offline

Loc: Israel
I don't think a girl should be threatened by any male and I do hope you informed the school staff or even the police of their threats.

In our country stabbings are no laughing matter, people get stabbed here because of a fashion comment, staring at the wrong hoodlum's girlfriend or an arguement on parking space.

#171833 - 06/20/06 08:55 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: reprobate]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
>>Have you ever lived anywhere with snow? Maybe you're trying to tell yourself something!

Yes, I have. I have lived in Kentucky, Flagstaff Arizona, and even Germany. There is plenty of snow in those places.

Maybe I am trying to tell myself something?

>>I once had a dream that I was a young Native American, and I was going to assassinate Hitler with my ritual hatchet.

Now that is a dream.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#171834 - 06/20/06 09:31 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Yeah, it sucks to think back on those things and say, "If only I'd been brave/quick enough to get my ideal revenge."

But, all you can do is learn from the experience, recognize that it's in the past, and do better the next time around.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#171835 - 06/20/06 09:37 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Discipline]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Quote:

Maybe I am trying to tell myself something?

I just mean, maybe your subconscious wants you to move somewhere snowy again.

#171836 - 06/20/06 09:45 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: reprobate]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
The dreams that I tend to recall are the ones in which everything is very vivid. In these dreams it is very much like real life, I hear everybody normally, I speak normally and have all the emotions that I would if it were really happening.

Sometimes they are just like watching a movie I am in; sometimes it is more like I am living whatever is going on in the dream.

A couple of weeks ago I had a dream where a man was pointing a gun at me. He told me he really did not want to kill me, but that he had to. I have never seen this man in my life, but I felt like I knew him. I felt the fear just as though I would image it in life. (never having been on the business end of a gun..)

He shot me in the side. I felt the bullet go into me, I felt the pain. (what my brain imagined the pain would feel like.) He then shot me in my back and I felt it again. This time I felt my breath leaving me, I could not breath and I knew I was dying. I woke up at that point, pretty shaken up, to say the least.

I didn't analyze the dream at all, but I sort of feel like I know what it would be like to be shot. (or I think I do, I don't really want to find out all that much!)
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#171837 - 06/21/06 03:10 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

This qualifies as a witch hunt… you are hunted down because of your difference from the crowd..

Perhaps it may appear so.
However, the way I remember it, was that those people were either muggers, rapists, or both.
I didn't feel that it had anything to do with being a witch, because I didn't feel persecuted in any way for my lifestyle.
These were just random and common criminals that had formed a pack mentality.
Undercroft Sign Up

#171838 - 06/21/06 03:16 AM Re: Illusions [Re: Assabrah]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

Then, it is impossible ( I insist ) to say to False_Messiah that his dream was about this "witch-hunt".

Um...Assabrah...she said that to me, and ME is not a HE!
Undercroft Sign Up

#171839 - 06/21/06 03:39 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I've had it as long as I have known so I believe it's a natural ability although, as I mentioned in my post, I get better in it every day.
I believe that people without this ability could certainly train it if they'd want to.

#171840 - 06/21/06 07:12 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
ElJago Offline

Loc: Northumberland, England
GET OUT OF MY PSYCHE !!!

Seriously though thanks for the dream interpretation, I don't fear being judged per se, but I am naturally suspicious of people so maybe thats an indicator, I do sometimes feel vulnerable and guarded in umfamiliar social situations.

Of course dreaming of flying, floating etc is indeed very common, the main factor of that dream I remember the most is how hyper real it felt. I could feel my stomach turning and feel the breeze on my face as I used to fly superman like down that long steep staircase.

I just find it strange that particular dream that I haven't had for many years should be so vivid and clear in my memory to this day. I wonder what reasons there are that the sub conscious stores some dreams, yet other dreams are so quickly forgotten ?

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

#171841 - 06/21/06 09:05 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Myster_Tale]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
Discipline:
Quote:

Note: Snow seems to be a big issue in my dreams, but I live in Southern California.

If I was to analyze this symbol-wise, I would connect your name "discipline" with snow- since they both have similar associations (in my mind at least) of cool, monochrome, silence and elegance.. so perhaps there is some connection between wanting to keep everything under control and between subconsciously covering everything in snow.

However, it just might be that your bed-room wasn't air-conditioned enough and you're subconscious wanted to let you know =P

Myster_Tale:
Quote:

I don't think a girl should be threatened by any male and I do hope you informed the school staff or even the police of their threats.

Yup, not that it helped much. They didn't have the guts to stab me- I knew that, but I was so fucking pissed they weren't going to get expelled for only suggesting it.

Enchantress:
Quote:

I didn't feel that it had anything to do with being a witch, because I didn't feel persecuted in any way for my lifestyle.

As I said- witch-hunt" dreams are not literally with-hunt dreams, they are dreams about being chased by a mob that wants to hurt you for some reason.

Grima:
Quote:

I've had it as long as I have known so I believe it's a natural ability although, as I mentioned in my post, I get better in it every day.
I believe that people without this ability could certainly train it if they'd want to.

~agreeing~

ElJago:
Quote:

I just find it strange that particular dream that I haven't had for many years should be so vivid and clear in my memory to this day. I wonder what reasons there are that the sub conscious stores some dreams, yet other dreams are so quickly forgotten ?

From what I know- If you get up right in the middle\shortly after REM sleep (dream sleep) you are more likely to remember your dreams. This is why nightmares are mostly remembered- because you usually wake up because of them.

And I can recall the experience of flying in my dreams… it was just as you described it.

#171842 - 06/21/06 11:19 AM Sleep paralysis [Re: TriKster]
LightSnake Offline

Quote:

I have what is known as sleep paralysis. I am dead awake. I cannot move, but I can sometimes utter a word loud enough to attract my wife's attention so she can move my body and give me the availability to get out of bed.

It's a very strange effect, isn't it? I liked someone's description of "different parts of your brain waking up in the wrong order". You lay there, peeping out at the room, while your body insists on sleeping in late.

You may, in a half-dreaming way, imagine you see strange figures in the actual room, getting up to whatnot while you are laid helpless before them. (Many of the 'alien-abductee' stories about sound like this effect to me.)

I have learned to break out of it.

The critical item here is that most people in SP can still open their eyes, and look around. You need to expand the area of mobility from there. I'm able get the eyes moving first, then the eyebrows, then forehead and ear wiggles, then I am able to flex the back of the neck...and as soon as my head moves, my body 'pops' back into working order.

I was rather pleased with myself to be able to come up with this idea, and to remember it right in the middle of the bizarrest moment of the day.

--LightSnake

--Camille Paglia

#171843 - 06/21/06 11:26 AM Re: Illusions [Re: Enchantress]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Oops I thought it was False_Messiah who had written that ( And I know you're not a HE ! )

But anyway, I think the same about the "analyse".

Freud in the age of Satan would be lost

#171844 - 06/21/06 11:57 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Never really had any persecution dreams. I usually don't remember my dreams. I do find that, if I dream that I am in a particularly tight spot, I realize I am dreaming, and just fly away; or, if I am being chased by...say...zombies, I will turn them into people I know.

I'm not sure what you would call "Satanic dreams". As a child, I had nightmares involving Christian imagery. It was usually Jesus coming down from the cross, to try to kill me; or, my father was on the cross, and he would come down to beat me. Hey...I grew up in the 60's...it happened. Not specifically "Satanic"; but these definately showed what my attitude toward Christianity was. If only I had the good sense to listen to those dreams, and not have backed down when I told my parents I was a Satanist...but 12 is fairly young to stand up to emotional manipulation from your parents.

I have been a fan of Jung; and, growing up in the 60's and 70's, I was exposed quite early to "the occult". I developed an interest in astrology. I have a passing knowledge of tarot, so I am not really equiped to speak about that in any great depth. Sorry.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#171845 - 06/21/06 01:01 PM Re: Sleep paralysis [Re: LightSnake]
TriKster Offline

Loc: Texas
Quote:

It's a very strange effect, isn't it? I liked someone's description of "different parts of your brain waking up in the wrong order". You lay there, peeping out at the room, while your body insists on sleeping in late.

Exactly!

Quote:

You may, in a half-dreaming way, imagine you see strange figures in the actual room, getting up to whatnot while you are laid helpless before them. (Many of the 'alien-abductee' stories about sound like this effect to me.)

Yes, I esp know of the 'alien abduction' stories, I find them to be absurd though at times.. (at times, cuz I am not gonna test fate! lol).

The worst part I have is of the sounds, people breathing, or walking around the house, the dog barking... I think the worst experience (now that I am thinking of it and replying to this message) that I had was when sleeping on my couch. I could see off towards the TV in the darkness and that freakin crazy thing in that movie "The Grudge" or even how the girl moved in "The Ring 2" that body movement, quick sometimes, painfully agonizing at others.. but I had that sound too that the "Grudge" chick makes as a freakin girl crawled right up to my couch and stared at me!

Now (as you show later on down) I can get out of the paralysis sometimes also, if I know I am gonna have one of those nights I sleep on my side with my legs on top of each other, kinda crossed, if I can move my toes, then let my leg lose it's "balance" I can usually roll out of bed... but the real bad nights I have to be assisted by my wife!

BUT DAMN! that night with that "Grudge" Chick.. I kept trying to say "help, help" my mind screaming it.. my lips barely moving.. Then I broke out of it and screamed "GET THE FU*K OUT OF MY FACE BIT**!" and I fully awoke!

Quote:

I have learned to break out of it.

See above

Quote:

I'm able get the eyes moving first, then the eyebrows, then forehead and ear wiggles, then I am able to flex the back of the neck...and as soon as my head moves, my body 'pops' back into working order.

Yes! you have the same idea, just different body parts!

TriKster

#171846 - 06/21/06 01:19 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: ElJago]
TriKster Offline

Loc: Texas
Quote:

Of course dreaming of flying, floating etc is indeed very common, the main factor of that dream I remember the most is how hyper real it felt. I could feel my stomach turning and feel the breeze on my face as I used to fly superman like down that long steep staircase.

The flying ones are the best! Oh and that breeze... I like to think of them as roller coaster dreams.. and sometimes my wife will shake me awake wondering wtf I am having so much fun about, cuz I am laughing like some kinda stoner! "Wheeee - oh man this is great!

Quote:

Ya, I agree, esp my "combat" dreams, or P.O.W. dreams.. I have been in combat, but never a P.O.W.

Like for instance, I will be in major combat, I never have a rifle, or gun that works.. I just have knives, or swords.. and man do I mess those "bad" guys up.. I am not a psycho (at least not yet... lol) but I end up being covered in blood, I can feel the warmth of the blood..

In other dreams I will be in "SEER" mode (Survive, Evade, Escape, Return), running from a usually large, formidable militant force.. I always get the crap shot out of me, I can feel the bullets ripping through my flesh.. fracturing bones.. I have never been shot.. before.. but I have had other things happen and when your adrenaline is flowing.. you don't stop unless that "bullet" or injury prevents you from continuing on.. it is part of survival.. and I will keep moving, bleeding all over.. These dreams are so intense, I feel the tempeture and humidity of the climate, I feel myself breathing, I feel every aspect as it is happening... Sometimes the wife has to shake me awake, cuz I am yelling at these guys I am fighting.. "Die you mother-f**ker!" or if I am say helping a downed friend I am asking for medical supplies, I.V. solution down to the type of solution (Ringer's lactate or Saline solution). I might be calling for people to do a medvac (helicopter extraction). Or calling in a bomb run.. It is SOOOOO Friggin real.. sometimes (90% of the time these dreams suck) but that 10%.. when I am saving a life, or I have escaped... I wake up feeling as if I can take on the world!

TriKster

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12117 Members
73 Forums
43876 Topics
405559 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements