Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#171772 - 06/19/06 06:29 PM Dreams, Tarot Cards and more
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
I was wondering, if perhaps Satanists have similar dreams?
I assume many Satanists had repetitive dreams about witch-hunts.. (Getting chased by beings that are out to exterminate you because you are different)…Is this assumption correct?

And how about Satanic dreams?
I've been thinking lately about a dream from my very early childhood (I was 4 or 5 when I dreamt it) that had such a strong emotional influence on me that I could never forget it. It was about a man with a head of the wolf, who stood in the middle of the road and stared at me. This figure was wearing the skins and furs of weaker animals, and it made me feel as though I can never run of hide from it- I can only join it.
This dream makes me think that perhaps my subconscious was trying to inform me of my satanic nature. And if that is so- perhaps many here had such dreams that invoked them to face their nature.
I'm just plain interested what other subconsciousesses have to say about the Satanists they belong to.
This would also fit into the category of "know yourself" since dwelling on dreams brings about great personal revelations.

I will not go into the importance of symbols since Jung's book on the subject is in the reading list and definitely explains this better than I can.
I wanted to ask you all about the usage of tarot cards as means of exploring the subconscious: I am not talking about prophesying; I am talking about tarot readings that only refer to the present situation. (Reading about future events will make the subconscious work to accomplish those events rather it likes it or not- so it's stupid). I personally found Osho Zen's tarot deck to be very helpful in deepening the knowledge about my self. Does anyone here use tarot?
What means do you use to explore to your subconscious? Are there specific meditations you found useful?

I'll also use this thread to tell people I got the SB and read it, and re-read it- and liked everything about it. The story of how I got it is a great story by itself, but I'm not sure anyone would be interested. I'm just adding this in to inform some very kind people who offered to help me get it, and I owe them big thanks for their concern.

HS!

#171773 - 06/19/06 06:37 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
Quote:

I assume many Satanists had repetitive dreams about witch-hunts.. (Getting chased by beings that are out to exterminate you because you are different)…Is this assumption correct?

No. I did have ONE dream once about 6 months ago that I was being tortured and murdered by the Pope - but nothing recurring.

Anyway as we are all very different individuals why on Earth would you assume that we would have similar dreams?

SETI@Home Team

#171774 - 06/19/06 06:42 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: False_Messiah78]
The_Lightning Offline

Because after all we all have our similarities as well- we are all outsiders and suspicious of other human beings (because we all believe that humans are basically the cruelest of all animals) and I also assumed many of us got negative intention for the "herd". Therefore- I assumed many Satanists would have witch-hunt dreams.
But, of course- it is only an assumption.

I'd be glad to know what you think about the other subjects I brought up.

Edited by The_Lightning (06/19/06 06:44 PM)

#171775 - 06/19/06 07:01 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
TattooedKali Offline

Loc: Maine
I dont have witch hunt dreams... most of my dreams are happy ones. I go on a lot of journeys and explore hidden temples and caves and stuff, and for whatever reason I have a LOT of dreams about travelling cross-country in a car.

I don't imagine you'll find many similarities in dreams here. About the only constant you'll find among us us that we identify as Satanists; and that is only a part of the network of experiences, memories, and abilities that make us who we are.

As for tarot, astrology, ouija, tea leaves, palmistry, psychic readings, etc. etc. I don't really care about it one way or the other. I don't need a deck of cards or giant balls of superheated gas to tell me who and what I am or what I should be doing with myself. I have better things to spend my money on, heh. I appreciate these more as tools of lesser magic to influence others.

#171776 - 06/19/06 07:10 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: TattooedKali]
The_Lightning Offline

You misunderstood me- I personally use Tarot not to tell me who I am, but to invoke me to think about things I would not think about otherwise. I don't believe in mystic rubbish at all.
How do you learn about hidden parts of yourself?
I just came to realize that books are always a conscious choice, therefore learning about the "dark parts" of oneself has to come from an unconscious choice… such as picking cards out of a deck.

#171777 - 06/19/06 07:13 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
I have a lot fo weird dreams that don't make any sense. Nothing repetative, but many have one thing similar in it that I recognize in another dream.

Once I had a dream that Earth was invaded by hot sexy alien men. I was brough up onto the ship to have all my sexual needs provided for and to be the captain. Then one of the guys I was having sex with turned into a giant spider lady and the others killed it. Then for some reason everything was made out of ricecrispy squares. For about five seconds after I woke up I was convinced I had made a wonderful discovery of the importance of ricerispy sqares in space travel.

I had another dream where I had just had a baby, who was infact a giant egg and spoke in a lovely british accent. I took him to yoga with me and I lost him. Apparently all 6+ billion people in the world go to my yoga classes.

One of my favourite dreams was the one where I was back in the 1700s wearing a lovely dress while on the run from a giant dinosaur. It came to an end after I stuffed some yappy bitch into an oven.

#171778 - 06/19/06 07:25 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
My dreams tend to be predatory in nature, one way or another.

If something does threaten Me... That generally serves as a cue to become lucid and consume My would-be threat with a fireball or something.

I've no experience with tarot, so I won't comment there.

#171779 - 06/19/06 07:26 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: tovasshi]
The_Lightning Offline

LOL
Your dreams are way more amusing than mine… but I have to ask- haven't you tried analyzing your dreams?
I can actually see some satanic substance in the first dream.

But perhaps it was far-fetched to assume that a satanic nature will reveal itself dream-wise…

#171780 - 06/19/06 07:27 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>I assume many Satanists had repetitive
>>dreams about witch-hunts..

I've been recording and studying my dreams off and on for over 15 years, but I've never actually had a repeating dream. I've had some themes show up much more frequently than others, but even then the imagery and situations would be completely different.

>>I will not go into the importance of symbols
>>since Jung's book on the subject is in the
>>reading list and definitely explains this better
>>than I can.

Personally I've never put much validity into "dream dictionaries" and the interpretation of dreams in terms of archetypes. When I look at the things I dream about, usually they're elements taken from something I saw in town that day or just something that was on my mind lately. Though again, I don't have repeating dreams.

>>Does anyone here use tarot?

I don't use it, but I don't dismiss it as being an entirely useless item either. If something is obsessively on the subject's mind, that person will "see" it in the cards. I agree that it's not the "future" that's being told, but potential future trends based on what will happen if things keep going the way they're going presently. I suppose this could help people get something out of their systems and get them to rationalize a solution through a 3rd party.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#171781 - 06/19/06 07:54 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Bill_M]
The_Lightning Offline

Quote:

Personally I've never put much validity into "dream dictionaries" and the interpretation of dreams in terms of archetypes.

Why not? There are some common dreams that indicate a specific emotional problems- such as the falling\flying dream, the witch-hunt dream, the dream of being naked in front of a crowd, the dream of having all your teeth fall out.. etc. Mostly those dreams refer to different types of stress, and stress is a feeling we all have because of our mare existence. If human beings weren't basically built on similar basics, psychology wouldn't exist.

But generally- do you dismiss dreams as being useless or do you use them to get to know yourself better?

#171782 - 06/19/06 08:01 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
I don't analyze my dreams, I just enjoy them.

#171783 - 06/19/06 08:03 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
SonOfSaturn Offline

Loc: Next to a broken church.
I had a tarot deck a few years back, They worked fine until I started using them as imagry for my lust magic. LOL Worked well there too!

#171784 - 06/19/06 08:09 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>There are some common dreams that indicate a specific
>>emotional problems- such as the falling\flying dream, the
>>witch-hunt dream, the dream of being naked in front of a
>>crowd, the dream of having all your teeth fall out.. etc.

But as I repeated at the end of that paragraph, I don't have repeating dreams. I do agree that for some of these sorts of popular repeating dreams, an archetype study could help. But if I have one single dream involving, say, an owl, I know my dreams well enough to know that this doesn't necessarily mean my subconcious is trying to tell me a message about "wisdom" or "education" or whatever else the owl typically represents. It's more likely because I saw an owl that day in a movie or magazine or something.

>>But generally- do you dismiss dreams as being useless

No. I just think applying heavy symbolism interpretation to non-repeating dreams is largely useless.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#171785 - 06/20/06 01:47 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Canada
Quote:

I assume many Satanists had repetitive dreams about witch-hunts...Is this assumption correct?

While I cannot speak for anyone else, personally I have never drempt of witch-hunts. Although I do have some dreams that I've had since I was very little, about eerie eyes. I've made at least one sketch of them, and I find it disturbing; maybe I'll post it one day...maybe.

Quote:

Does anyone here use tarot?

Yes! I like to use it as a fun game, that might reveal something I hadn't considered before. In fact, I'm developing my own Satanically-themed Tarot card deck as well! You can find it here.

Quote:

I'll also use this thread to tell people I got the SB and read it, and re-read it- and liked everything about it. The story of how I got it is a great story by itself, but I'm not sure anyone would be interested.

Well I, for one, would be interested to read that story! Maybe you would like to post an essay of it in the Essay section?
Undercroft Sign Up

#171786 - 06/20/06 03:04 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
OminousFixation Offline

Loc: Michigan, US
Reoccuring dreams, one or two. Nothing I would call witch hunt-esque. My dreams are usually incredibly surreal. Twisted, dark and usually raining. Come to think of it, I've had one re-occuring dream that may resemble a witch hunt theme. It involves me standing on a large cliff face, and being cornered by a mob of angry people with torches and what not. They force me off the edge and as I'm falling, massive wings sprout from my back and blot out of the sun (when I say massive, I mean MASSIVE). I rise up, level with the mob, and my eyes are a deep crimson. I blink both eyes and everyone simply bursts into flames. This then goes through two more dreams which are also reoccuring. I've these three dreams since I was about ten. Usually I have a hard time remembering my dreams, but luckily its been easy lately. I figure one day my dreams will make me very rich in that H.R. Giger kind of way. heh.
I have a Tarot deck, but to me they are more or less a game, and definately used to manipulate others. I've used them for dream interpretation, but I always take them with a grain of salt and am sure to never put too much importance on them. After all, they're just a deck of cards.

#171787 - 06/20/06 03:15 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Curious fact: I have never in my entire life had what might be termed a "good dream." I either have nightmares, or dreams that are simply bizarre. The nightmares, by the way, have also never frightened me or caused me to wake up. They are simply what I see in sleep.

I've also never been aware that I was dreaming, even though the dreams are fantastic and obviously unreal. My mind totally immerses and does not cognate, only views. Perhaps that's also why the nightmares have never bothered me.

I turn some of my nightmares into fiction; others are too nonsensical to even contemplate writing down.

Unless you're one of the few I've thus far permitted to read my fiction, you won't likely hear of the subjects of my dreams; most of them wouldn't make sense anyway.

As for repetition, I've never had the same dream twice, or even particularly recurring themes (unless madness or unreality counts as a recurring theme).

#171788 - 06/20/06 03:34 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I'm a lucid dreamer so most of the time I am in complete control and see my dream world as a canvas on which I work my will. It's great visualisation and I get better at it year after year.
I'm fully aware whilst dreaming although when I am physically really tired I do have what could be calles regular dreams.
I'm still aware that I'm dreaming but I have less or absolutely no control, a bit like riding a roller-coaster which can be fun or truly annoying (not all dreams are interesting).
Nightmares are just that when I'm physically tired; they feel completely real including smell and touch and I have a hard time knowing whether it's real or not since my nightmares have very normal themes and no monsters out to get me or other strange things.
Needless to say I make sure I get enough rest although nowadays ninety-nine percent of my dreams all are lucid.

There are definitely archetypes but what form they take depends on the individual and his/her background, culture etc.

I have never ever dreamed about witchhunts although fire did and still does play an important role.
In my dreams, when I was a lot younger, it consumed me and I woke up bathed in sweat every time. Fear of hellfire? Who knows? I was raised christian after all or maybe it stood for my own energy which was being wasted.

These nightmares eventually became less frequent as I grew older and discovered my path in life.
It no longer burns me but is 'stuck' around my body like a shield and I can control it like it is a part of me.

I believe dreams are very important but as with everything in life every person decides for him/herself what matters. Nobody dreams the same things since we are all individuals.

As for the tarot I cannot comment on that for I have never used it nor felt the need to do so.

#171789 - 06/20/06 03:48 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Rasputin Offline

Interesting thread.
I pondered a couple of times about the statement that "Satanists are born, not made". I thought it was one of the sympthoms of the fall-down of the CoS. Later, I understood the statement is true. We all born Satanist- the Jew, The Muslim, The Xtian and of course- the Satanist. The trick is to keep the Satanism within you. If we consider my statement and add to that the following opinion: I think that a real Satanist won't dream about being outsider, simply 'cus he don't give a fuck, than I'll say that your dream is very interesting, but it might carry some other explanations within.
Tarot- It's funny that when I'm interested in something, the whole universe tries to help me with knowning more about the subject. First, I got from the library this cool fantasy book by Piers Anthony named Tarot. Then there was this cool University lection about the Norse Runes, and now this thread! It's rather interesting, I never tried divination through I was supposed to- like it says in the study program of the Choas fraternity in Liber Null, oh well. I should probably try I-Ching or something.
"What do you mean? "Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is morning to be good on?" (Gandalf, The Hobbit- J. R. R. Tolkien)

#171790 - 06/20/06 04:17 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: tovasshi]
The_Lightning Offline

Tovasshi--
Quote:

I don't analyze my dreams, I just enjoy them.

Enjoying them is great, but why not interpret them? Why do you think they exist?

Bill M--
Just to make sure we are on the same line of thought- repeating dreams are very rare; I meant repeating theme with different motives in them.
And you see- my mother is an art therapist, and through interpreting symbols in children's paintings (that the meaning behind them was of course completely subconscious) she managed to help countless kids. So through my education I learned to believe that people use similar symbols for the same emotional\mental problems. Of course it depends on the context, like you said- an howl may symbolize something completely different to you because of personal experience, but it is more likely to have the same meaning most people give to it. (it might be that your mind is using daily motives as symbols as well..)
I don't think interpreting other people's subconscious's symbols would be possible if we didn't all have some basic joint symbols.
But I guess eventually it's down to what you believe in, I personally really like Freud and Jung.

OminousFixation:
Quote:

I've had one re-occuring dream that may resemble a witch hunt theme. It involves me standing on a large cliff face, and being cornered by a mob of angry people with torches and what not. They force me off the edge and as I'm falling,

Yes, this IS witch-hunt theme. Avery theme of being some sort of unwanted alien would be considered a sort of witch-hunt.
Btw- this dream is awesome =D =P
And about the cards- I never gave them more meaning than a game, but it's a useful game.

I'm still wondering is the motives of being alienated and having a prey vs predator dreams aren't more common\powerful amongst Satanist than others. but now that I come to think of it- this requires a deep research, a thread won't do it.

I'm also wondering if the fact that you all ignored my question about other ways of researching the subconscious means that… you don't?

#171791 - 06/20/06 04:23 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Rasputin]
The_Lightning Offline

Quote:

"Satanists are born, not made". I thought it was one of the sympthoms of the fall-down of the CoS. Later, I understood the statement is true.

Quote:

It's funny that when I'm interested in something, the whole universe tries to help me with knowning more about the subject.

Same here, in both cases.

I actually noticed you wrote about the meanings of symbols and the subconscious in some other thread, and it encouraged me to delve into it since it has been of great interest to me too.
I'd love to hear about things you learned on the subject lately.

#171792 - 06/20/06 05:12 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Grima]
The_Lightning Offline

Fascinating.. Did you practice having lucid dreams or is this a natural ability?

And I can really relate to the dream of being consumed by fire and then being able to control it, especially as a girl who was born with ADHD that later became a mild ADD.
Talking about symbolization- fire is defiantly a strong one amongst rebels and forceful people, not only dream-wise.

HS

#171793 - 06/20/06 05:43 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
ElJago Offline

Loc: Northumberland, England
My dreams (when I can remember them, which isn't very often) tend to be completely surreal or quite disturbing.

I have periods where I have repetitive dreams (most common of all being in a social situation and suddenly realising I am naked from the waist down, I'm sure many freudians can come up with an explanation for that one !) and periods where I sometimes have disturbing or violent dreams (I am usually a detached observer of events in these dreams I'm not sure why, any jungians out there may have an interesting explanation for this).

As for tarot cards my partner has collected a few different designs of decks over the years, and sometimes does readings more so she can stay in practice more than anything else.

I used to have a recurring dream when I was a young kid, I would find myself at the top of the staircase of my parents house, and would suddenly feel compelled to throw myself down it, upon which I would suddenly begin to slowly float head first down the stairs coming to halt on my feet at the bottom. These dreams were very vivid (I can still clearly recall them today) and there was always the feeling I was being observed or "guided" by.......something I have no idea what.

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

#171794 - 06/20/06 06:21 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: ElJago]
The_Lightning Offline

Quote:

I have periods where I have repetitive dreams (most common of all being in a social situation and suddenly realising I am naked from the waist down, I'm sure many freudians can come up with an explanation for that one !)

This is one of the most common dreams- as I wrote before- the situation of being naked in front of a crowd is dreamt almost by everyone at least once. It indicates of having a dark secret than one may be ashamed if it would be revealed in public. Otherwise it should symbolize a great feeling of vulnerability and fear of being judged.
The context of the dream in your like is very significant.

Quote:

I used to have a recurring dream when I was a young kid, I would find myself at the top of the staircase of my parents house, and would suddenly feel compelled to throw myself down it, upon which I would suddenly begin to slowly float head first down the stairs coming to halt on my feet at the bottom. These dreams were very vivid

This dream is common as well, fitting into the falling\flying dreams. I recall having a few dreams of "floating" down the stairs of my house as well.
As far as I remember those dreams symbolize fear of loosing your way, fear of being detached from "safe grounds"- which I think goes hand in hand with the symbolic meaning of "home"—comfort, protection, warmth, safety etc…

#171795 - 06/20/06 08:24 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Rasputin Offline

Well the last thing I realized about that matter that Psychology will definetly be included as a course on my side-project program at the Universirty. My knowledge of the subject is rather shallow (the official documents I read were Jung's book mentioned by you and his essay about archetypes named 'Wotan' <Odin>), but it still managed to keep me facinated with the human psyche.
Another thing is that Jung helped in shaping some kind of Magickal Model, consciously or not. He studied alchemy, and his saying that Hitler was posessed in a sort of way by Odin made me wonder a lot about Invocations, Evocations and the whole Ceremonial Magick thing. It gave me confidence in my work, and the world a new model which differs from the whole Spirit/Energy stuff before.
Dreams. Dreams are our own myths. By writing them (as almost every Magick book initial order) we are writing our own "Poetic Edda", "Iliad", "Odyssey", "Veda" etc. Although now it's a good time to mention that my personal myths are rather boring, and I only write them because I'm training myself to have lucid dreams more commonly.
Symbols. I discovered about the importance of symbols when I got interested in a Magickal system of Austin Osman Spare. Basically, what he did was: shaped his own symbol (the symbol was a synthesis made by the letters that composed his wish), than he charged the sigil via a method of gnosis, alternative state of conscious, and basicaly made a complex in his mind. Some of the scarry looking symbols we encounter in the Occult are not the manifestetion of the inferno comics society we tought them to be, they are composed by magickal squares for example (like the sigils in the grimoire of Solom the King). At this point I think that the whole Collective UnConscious theory would feet perfectly, since our Unconscious sees the meaning behihd the symbol. Another manifestation of the Unconscious powers can be observed by the tricks mental-magicians are using- Derren Brown is a good example for that.
"What do you mean? "Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is morning to be good on?" (Gandalf, The Hobbit- J. R. R. Tolkien)

#171796 - 06/20/06 08:41 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
ninhursag_ki Offline

Loc: The Deep South
[[I was wondering, if perhaps Satanists have similar dreams?
I assume many Satanists had repetitive dreams about witch-hunts.]]
** ?? No.

[[I wanted to ask you all about the usage of tarot cards as means of exploring the subconscious: .. I am talking about tarot readings that only refer to the present situation.]]
** I use the tarot as a meditative device, not for divination. For me it has worked out very well. I use many different decks (as a collector, I have about 42 of them), so depending on my mood, I will 'turn the page'.

[[What means do you use to explore to your subconscious? Are there specific meditations you found useful?]]
** Dreams, awareness, being in the Now, but mostly, honestly.

#171797 - 06/20/06 11:28 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
LightSnake Offline

Quote:

I assume many Satanists had repetitive dreams about witch-hunts [...]Is this assumption correct?

As I described a while ago in a previous discussion of lucid dreaming, this is very true for me, being a recurrent nightmare of my childhood. Many denizens of Oneirostan don't like it when you know you're dreaming, and don't like it when you do dream-'magic'--you just have to get good at whupping 'em down.

Quote:

[...] a man with a head of the wolf, who stood in the middle of the road and stared at me. [...] it made me feel as though I can never run of hide from it- I can only join it.

You have a second 'hit', at least with me.

I did have a life changing dream, several years ago, in three acts--

--Finding a door left open in my house, one which I hadn't seen before.
--Same door found open again, with an eyeless, mouth-less dog left inside the room.
--The door open a third time, but now with a giant wolf's head totem, with exaggerated eyes and mouth, screaming to be let in.

The symbolisms of mysterious extra rooms, blind/mute animals, etc. are right up the Jungian alley, if you've read his works on dreams. The subsequent changes in my life which with this dream resonated were several, but an important one here was accepting aggressiveness as a natural principle of life, with capacity for constructiveness, not just destructiveness, in the right context and manner. (Also, I gradually had a complete change of body type.)

Quote:

What means do you use to explore to your subconscious?

I occasionally do something like Jungian 'active imagination', although I got the idea from Dali.

Sometimes, when dealing with the subconscious, you should just ask, boldly and directly. Just sit right down on the floor, and demand, "What's up!?!". I have gotten great responses this way.

--LightSnake

--Camille Paglia

#171798 - 06/20/06 11:40 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Rasputin]
The_Lightning Offline

Quote:

Well the last thing I realized about that matter that Psychology will definetly be included as a course on my side-project program at the Universirty.

From what I learned in high school- you won't be disappointed.

Quote:

and his saying that Hitler was possessed in a sort of way by Odin made me wonder a lot about Invocations, Evocations and the whole Ceremonial Magick thing.

I heard countless theories on Hitler being into Occult. some serious literature was written on the subject.

Quote:

shaped his own symbol (the symbol was a synthesis made by the letters that composed his wish), than he charged the sigil via a method of gnosis, alternative state of conscious, and basicaly made a complex in his mind. Some of the scarry looking symbols we encounter in the Occult are not the manifestetion of the inferno comics society we tought them to be, they are composed by magickal squares for example (like the sigils in the grimoire of Solom the King).

I read about this technique in a chaos magic article. It is one of the most interesting methods I read about so far.

Thanks for the great reply!
HS!

#171799 - 06/20/06 12:15 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
I have a question about something that kind of goes along the same lines as sleep and dreaming and so-on. Has anybody else ever started falling asleep in bed and all of a sudden felt like you just stopped breathing, almost like your mind forgot to send the signal? This happens to me on occasion, especially last night it happened about 7 or 8 times in a row. I started falling asleep, was just about there, and all of a sudden I was wide awake and trying to breathe again- as if I had just stopped all together for a brief period of time. I was just wondering if someone knows what causes this, is it all in my mind, is there something wrong, or what? It just happened, like I said, last night, and before that it hadnt happened in a few months.

#171800 - 06/20/06 12:16 PM "books" [Re: The_Lightning]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

Why not?

Simply because that could bring you on a wrong path.

how could they "dissect" your dream for you ?
Asking this question, I couldn't imagine the possibility.

Quote:

I assumed many Satanists would have witch-hunt dreams.

Well, Satanists are not martyrs. I don't see why this would happen to MANY ones.

Edited by Assabrah (06/20/06 12:25 PM)

#171801 - 06/20/06 12:18 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Catalyst]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

http://www.sleepapnea.org/info/index.html

You have sleep apnea, most likely "central sleep apnea".

See a physician.

Edited by Daark (06/20/06 12:21 PM)

#171802 - 06/20/06 12:18 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Myster_Tale Offline

Quote:

False, as far as I'm concerned. I, for one, do not recall a single dream about witch-hunts or even being chased by angry mobs. I did, however, had a few dreams about chasing something (usually a car), I don't remember them well, though.
What brought you to this assumption?

Quote:

And how about Satanic dreams?

Just what would qualify as a Satanic dream, in your opinion?

My dreams are usually of the twisted or surreal type.
Something that's interesting me about dreams lately is that since I was about 12 I've experienced events in dreams that later took place in my real life.
I'm not sure what to make of it. Since I've had many of these dreams so I don't dismiss them as just a freaky coincidence, I came to my mother with these dreams and she told me that she believes that the human mind has many abilities and potential that isn't yet explored.
I agree, I don't think of myself or of anyone else who might have dreams like that as a "prophet" or a "psychic" or anything like that. I think this is simply an example of things not yet fully explored by science (like that recently-discovered cave here in Israel). I keep an open - yet doubtful - mind about that subject.

About Tarot, I have much experience with it, since high-school. I am, however, skeptic about it. Basically, the reader "asks" the cards a question and the cards are suppose to clarify and shed light on things hidden from the reader. However, as the tarot cards are a collection of images open to free interpretation and there are indeed hundreds of books and writers claiming completely different interpretations of the same cards - it is too open to be considered a solid and reliable source of information of any kind.

You sit in front of the cards and see what you want to see or interpret something that relates to your position. I can do the same going out and taking random picutres, then interpreting them as divination of the future or something like that.

On the other hand I've had too many "coincidences" (or not?) with these cards to dismiss as simple folly. I admit that I did not yet explore Jung's or any qualified Psychologist's opinions concerning the possiblity of their [the Tarot's] use as symbolic tools to explore the subconcious.
Though this is an interesting topic.

They do, however, have many uses in Lesser Magic. As an enhancement of Greater Magic or simply a tool to influence those who do believe it works, as TattooedKali said.

Whichever, I keep myself skeptic yet open-minded about this topic.

Quote:

The story of how I got it is a great story by itself, but I'm not sure anyone would be interested.

I'd like to read about it.
And I understand other will, too. You can, of course, PM me the story if you still think it won't interest anyone (though you could just post it and anyone not really interested will simply ignore, I have a feeling it would be clearer in Hebrew - no offense to your English skills, of course! )

#171803 - 06/20/06 12:27 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Quaark]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
Thank you very much, kind sir, I appreciate your help regarding this matter. Much appreciated.

#171804 - 06/20/06 12:53 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: LightSnake]
The_Lightning Offline

It seemed I found the needle in the haystack =P

Just sit right down on the floor, and demand, "What's up!?!".
=D fantastic!! I shall try that some time (=

#171805 - 06/20/06 01:02 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Myster_Tale]
The_Lightning Offline

I just had someone PM me in privet about those sort of dreams- it seems you are not the only one here experiencing them.
Who knows.. Cabalists say time travel is possible through dreams.
I think that quantum physics prove the everything is possible in some weird way.. Who knows, perhaps we are all trapped in an infinite "time loop".

And as for the other question:
Quote:

Because after all we all have our similarities as well- we are all outsiders and suspicious of other human beings (because we all believe that humans are basically the cruelest of all animals) and I also assumed many of us got negative intention for the "herd". Therefore- I assumed many Satanists would have witch-hunt dreams.
But, of course- it is only an assumption.

I'll post the story you asked for in a short while, it is a lot of writing.

#171806 - 06/20/06 01:16 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
TriKster Offline

Loc: Texas
Dreams, a great subject and interest of mine.

My dreams vary as far as subject matter. Mostly they are combat related dreams. I Have been a POW, shot many times, died (that bulloney of dying in your dreams and really dying hasn't (obviously) happened to me.

My dreams are very lucid and almost always from the 1st person point of view. In my dreams I do and react exactly as I would in my awoken state. Sometimes my dreams are so intense they stick with me for years, sometimes my dreams are hard to distinguish as to whether or not the event in the dream actually happened.

If I do have a nightmare, it is not a REM/ deep sleep dream (nightmare). I have what is known as sleep paralysis. I am dead awake. I cannot move, but I can sometimes utter a word loud enough to attract my wife's attention so she can move my body and give me the availability to get out of bed.

The sleep paralysis is a very scary event. Sometimes it is like having an "out of body" experience, esp if I just let it go and see where the fear will take me. But most often I find things most often only able to be described by viewing some of the things found on the movie site for The Ring. These visions are very strange, but not scary, like a person with a Xiantic faith might see them as a burden of faith, or quite possibly a fortelling of the future.

I enjoy talking about my dreams esp the adventurous ones. I don't believe in the psychology of dream interpretation.

Also as I write this and scroll up to read what I have written, I seem to have dreams that pertain to the things I am most focused on in life also. (Though the combat mission dreams almost seem like a "deprogramming" of a past memory).

Like right now I am training for triathlons, this is a 3 part sport that requires you to swim for a distance, immediately get on a bike and ride for a distance and then run for a distance. My goal is to make it to Kona, Hawaii.

That event is named "Ironman" - it involves a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) swim (across Kailua Kona Bay), followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride (from Keauhou to Hawi and back), and a 26.2 mile (42.2 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island (from Keauhou to Keahole Point to Kailua Kona). I dream of speed and the wind all the time... almost like an indian visionary dream.

Those are the best.

One of the best way I have found to sleep and dream well is to make sure you are comfortable, not hot and have not eaten at least 3 hours before bed, esp a meal high in protien or spicy. Visualization and deep breathing can help with better relaxation, but most often the really crazy dreams come later on near the morning (or whenever you are nearing wake up time).

The greatest challenge is to to try to fight your dreams, become them while inside. Unless you are prone to hurting others or sleep walking you should be fine. And if at all possible stay away from sleep medications such as Ambien. I do take 2 Clonidine to help me sleep and if I experience vivid sleep paralysis I get up have a gulp of water, walk around and then take 10mg of valium.

**Note I do not condone the use of any drugs in my body.. but because of the intensity of my dreams, the sleep paralysis and my military background I have been perscribed these medicines by the Veteran's Administration in the USA.

Without being a "psycho" analyst, doctor of any kind I would note that from experience and from talking with others that nightmares can be caused from your lifestyle, fear and loathing or a misunderstandable issue in your life. If you find yourself stressed most of your waking day, this will certainly (must add sometimes) manifest in a bad night's rest.

Finally, around 06/18/06 I had a dream. It was a fantastic 3 part dream.(I will get to this later) In my past I had done things that I felt where rebelious in nature (well they were) towards the Xiatan belief system.

From burning pages of the bible while saying the Xian Lord's prayer backwards. To actually making a personal pact with the devil (in my mind I was selling my soul for freedom and happiness) (though strangely since that time, I have been always happy and felt free). I did not do any of these things as a teaching from any book or person's idea in my life. It was just how I felt.

For years I suffered with the guilt that I had committed a major mistake and as I ping - ponged back and forth between Xian faith to just forgetting religion all together... wondering how I would be judged, things worked out. I would say I have an above average life. But I have nobody to thank but myself and my family and my strong will to succeed under any circumstances.

The biggest thing I have learnt in life so far, is to always be careful for what you ask or wish for. You can pray all you want... as a Xian, but god will not reach down with his out stretched arm and save you from a loathsome, decietful and self destructive life that put you in a position to beg for some entity to cleanse you after you realized you F**ked up.

For instance a simple thing to take a heedful warning about wishes and desires are you will always get more then what you asked for. Or in most cases nothing at all. In my experience it boils down to focus and imagery. But say you wish everyday for a long life... people do it all the time.. but they live a long life and then sit in their hospital beds paralyzed... living a long life. With the good always comes the bad. That is the challenge of life.

OK..phew sorry.. I turn a simple thread into an activity workshop for myself. Send all complaints too: (Spelling complaints will be ignored) Lol

P.O. Box 666 Damn you! You write too much!
BFE

So... this dream.. this 3 part dream I had the first part was the past. In the past I sat in first person view on a beach over looking the horizon towards the east. The visualization and the colors where a silverish, almost amber color.. not your normal sunrise. This was my past.. and as the sun rose and I was shown that I had made the right choice for me and that segment of the dream seemed to go on forever, but patience paid off. The feeling I was given was a present. The present was that the things I did in the past were not wrong and there was nobody to judge me, but myself. I walked into the water..

The 2nd part was the present. In the present I was shown that on the right side my Xian beliefs were tormenting me. I saw decay in society, I saw suffering and insulting stupidity, caused by selfish and selfless people who hide in a herd of mental self destruction.

Suddenly I parted from this herd and I became my own God if you must. I became me, with no strings attached.. no guilt and a finishing note that I had my life, it was mine now and there would be obstacles but they would only be challenges.

Finaly, the 3rd part of my dream, this was the future. My future was a vast wilderness of serenity and peace. The kind of peace a warrior might feel visiting a battle ground many years later after having survived the most horrific ordeals in life... it was up to me to survive without the burden of other people's control... Operation mind crime.

Then I awoke almost in tears... I am proud to be a Satanist, to be one with myself. I feel sorry for those who live life expecting that no matter what they do, even if they do nothing in life at all.. they are in the Xian churchs' eyes sinners.. Xians are the ultimate sin, birth is the ultimate sin, for they have been created in thier God's eye and in their belief system tells them that no matter what, they will be granted ever lasting love and peace with thier god and this "Judgement Day" or apocalyptic scenero all the believers and redempted Xians will be welcomed into the gates of Heaven.

I really would hate the idea of wearing white all the time and strumming a harp! Esp when the party is downstairs!

We search for the truth
We could die upon the tooth
But the thrill of just the chase
Is worth the pain

TriKster

P.S. I am sorry for tormenting the educated and well written people found amongst these forums. I try to spell check every word that looks out of place, but the length of my posts sometimes makes it difficult to make sure everything is neat and tidy. I just hope that if I have used improper grammar or spelling that you can over look that and see the story itself. In fact a good portion of the time when I hit the "Ok, submit" button it takes a little while to get back to the forum, in fact I sometimes fear that all was lost!

#171807 - 06/20/06 01:25 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Quote:

I think that quantum physics prove the everything is possible in some weird way.

No, it does not.

Sloppy misrepresentations of quantuum physics in "popular science books" suggest that.

No working physicist I've talked to has ever come close to thinking what I've quoted above.

The indeterminism present at the quantuum level is not directly transferable to larger scales of magnitude.

#171808 - 06/20/06 01:36 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Rasputin Offline

Nazi Esotericism is a fascinating matter. It showes a whole new aspect to the horrors of the Nazi ideology. I actually got interested with the subject by exposure to it in a Theistic-Satanism site (which is kinda odd 'cus Nazism to Satanism is like a tree to a car, the two are not even dual in nature). I was supposed to visit the wretched Wewelsburg Castle this summer, wherein Himmler and his 12 SS "Knights" conducted Occult seremonies and bitched about the Jews. It gonna have to wait another year. Hope it won't get demolished (again) and I'll miss it like I missed the Black House.
Hitler was a splendid norator- it's a known fact. But it's also being said that Hitler went to a professional in order that the later will teach him "to walk the walk in adittion to the talk"- means that he taught him movements that influenced the public.
The color of red in the whole propoganda is not coincidental- it's the reddish color of mars, the planet symbolizing war, manhood, prospirity.

#171809 - 06/20/06 01:39 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Myster_Tale Offline

Quote:

Cabalists say time travel is possible through dreams.

Mekubalim also say that there is reincarnation and a biblical God overseeing everything. Besides, just what qualification, experience and evidence do mekubalim have that they can back up these frivolous claims?

#171810 - 06/20/06 01:46 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Quaark]
Rasputin Offline

That's true. With the whole quantum craze (I do agree it's fascinating) people are making stuff that are not quite correct. I think that science doesn't have all the answers but it got a hell lot of them. I mean, the whole "What The Bleep Do We Know" thing is great, but I don't think that Magick for example, should be supported by quantum models. Magick is a lot more personal, there are some general axioms but that's it.
I know that now people explain the whole "Walpurgisnacht-Flying-Witches-Thing" with Astral projections, and that's nice, it means that the 3 Newton laws existed but that there were also a whole new world in the head of the witches and folk-story collectors, microcosm I shall call it, and it's great just as much, or even more than the physical world.

#171811 - 06/20/06 02:11 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Myster_Tale]
The_Lightning Offline

Quote:

Mekubalim also say that there is reincarnation and a biblical God overseeing everything. Besides, just what qualification, experience and evidence do mekubalim have that they can back up these frivolous claims?

It doesn’t matter what interpretation they give to it- I just pointed out they agree with the idea of time-traveling through dreams.

And "The book of Zohar" is considered to be a major source of prophesies. I'm not saying I believe them, I'm just pointing things out.

#171812 - 06/20/06 02:16 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Myster_Tale Offline

I realize that, however, to me time-traveling through dreams sounds a bizzare idea, care to clarify?

#171813 - 06/20/06 02:20 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Quaark]
The_Lightning Offline

Yes, this was a rash and badly phrased sentence on my behalf, sorry. It was an exaggerated way of trying to say that there are seas of possibilities we are yet aware of\ still don't know how to utilize properly.

#171814 - 06/20/06 02:37 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Myster_Tale]
The_Lightning Offline

I don't think I am the right person to clarify this- I'm in no way a specialist… But until I find cutting proves to how reality is built, it just might be that the theories that time is working loop-wise are right and all sense of "present" "past" and "future" is an illusion, and by connecting to another state of consciousness we can transmit our consciousness on the same pattern of time itself. This is might be far-fetched, but for what is worth- I think I'm going to start doing some really major studying on quantum physics, dreams, symbols and time-theories after this thread and perhaps write all about it once I have it clarified and combined together to form some reasonable theory of my own (at least as much as possible).

#171815 - 06/20/06 03:20 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
Quote:

I'd be glad to know what you think about the other subjects I brought up.

I have not really formed much of an opinion on Tarot cards. I would need to research it more and get more readings in order for me to give you a quality answer worthy of this board.

Ask me via PM if you really would like to know my initial oppinion. I do not wish publicly post it.

SETI@Home Team

#171816 - 06/20/06 03:37 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Enchantress]
The_Lightning Offline

Quote:

While I cannot speak for anyone else, personally I have never drempt of witch-hunts.

you posted this:
Quote:

I remember that I was trying to get home, when I found myself surrounded by strange and unfriendly faces. I was very aware of my surroundings, and could sense danger around every corner - I remained outwardly calm.
I began to pick up my pace, in order to lose the people who appeared to be following me. I zigzagged through various streets, and ended up getting a little mixed up, so that I entered a dark and foreboding alleyway.
I realized that I really had nowhere to go - that these people were waiting for me, and I could not escape. So I thought through it quickly and rationally. While I kept climbing further and further up the wall, I had almost made it to the top when I noticed that the same large man that had almost bumped into me, was waiting for me to either get to the stairwell (where he and his friends could get to me), or waiting for me to get to the top (where he could pull me up). There was no way back down (people there), no way to go sideways (stairwell), and nowhere to go up (he was there). All this passed through my mind almost instantly.

This qualifies as a witch hunt… you are hunted down because of your difference from the crowd..

#171817 - 06/20/06 03:51 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Quote:

there are seas of possibilities we are yet aware of\ still don't know how to utilize properly

That I have no problem with, besides its vagueness.

Notice how sloppy language does not work here?

#171818 - 06/20/06 04:01 PM Illusions [Re: The_Lightning]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

This qualifies as a witch hunt… you are hunted down because of your difference from the crowd..

Well, once again, this martyr thing is annoying.

Take each word he has said, then put numerous parameters to each one, which are for a great part something personal: the dream.

so how to claim : "this qualifies as... etc" ?

There are a lot to study through the self, no popular books will help, and before all, no one else than the one who will study through this "journey".

Once again, no one can "dissect" your dream to give you an answer. There are maybe some general points yes, but that's all.

We are speaking about individualism here, so there's no need to say that we don't share a same social brain.

Edited by Assabrah (06/20/06 04:04 PM)

#171819 - 06/20/06 04:12 PM Re: Illusions [Re: Assabrah]
The_Lightning Offline

Like I said- it's a matter of what fits your personal logic. I think Freud's and Jung's theories are correct.
I don't think one can analyze someone else's dream thoroughly without knowing what he's been through lately - what the background is, but personally I find dreams and specific sorts of "theme dreams" to fit a certain mental\emotional state common to all human beings.
You are entitled to your opinion.

#171820 - 06/20/06 04:21 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Quaark]
The_Lightning Offline

That I have no problem with, besides its vagueness.
Notice how sloppy language does not work here?

I truly hope after doing the research I want to do I'll manage to be somewhat less vague.
And yeah- no room for letting you guards down…
I'm starting to reconsider taking Ritalin.

#171821 - 06/20/06 04:23 PM Re: Illusions [Re: The_Lightning]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

But Freud's theories are old now. Would Freud could handle this "dream world "today ? I do not think, but this is only my opinion.

I'm against this man with things like this Oedipus complex, where he speaks about sex making a big generality. According to me "THE sexuality" doesn't exist.

Then, it is impossible ( I insist ) to say to False_Messiah that his dream was about this "witch-hunt".

#171822 - 06/20/06 04:26 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Well... you aren't "dead" yet after 183 posts.

#171823 - 06/20/06 04:38 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

What a strange assumption. No, I've never had a dream like that. I don't have a lot of anxiety over being different.

I do regularly have very vivid dreams. Sometimes they're relatively simple, but sometimes they have complex back-stories. Often they'll have some motif or other "touch" that feels like it could have come from someone's art (eg., a story that could have been written by Lovecraft, or Stephen King; a way of seeing color and of moving that could have been directed by David Lynch; etc.). They rarely make a lot of sense in terms of "personal meaning" (but sometimes do), but they're often entertaining -- even when they're nightmares.

Sometimes they're jokes, like the dream I had last month about the Talking Stove and the Suicide. Or the all-black parachuting club called "Niggaz With Altitude". Other times they're more like thrillers, or horror stories.

One interesting thing I've noticed is that different people dream with different dominant senses. My dreams tend to be very visual and kinaesthetic; there are rich colors and well-defined spaces (even if they're geometrically impossible), and I have a movement and a momentum that I can feel. But my sense of hearing is impoverished in dreams; I know what people are saying, but I can't actually hear it very well. I can somehow understand what sounds like someone talking very far away, or muffled somehow. I'd imagine that if anyone ever made movies of my dreams, they'd have to be subtitled, the sound would be so distorted.

I have a friend who listens to jazz; she says her dreams are very full of sound, with lots of dialogue occurring in different regions of her aural space; but she doesn't have a very well-defined visual fabric, and little kinaesthetic sense.

I'd be interested to know if anyone here has noticed anything like this, in their own dreams!

#171824 - 06/20/06 05:31 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: reprobate]
The_Lightning Offline

Interesting… now that you mention it- I can't hear people at all in my dreams… they don't talk to me, they use telepathy. But my visual perception is very detailed and colorful..
Perhaps our subconscious uses the language we are the best at… I'm a visual artist and I have ADD- this might explain the focus on color and shape instead of sound.

#171825 - 06/20/06 05:52 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Quaark]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Exactly!

Pop-physics have taken the idea of Quantum Mechanics and turned it into some new-age gibberish.

To anyone truly interested in quantum physics, you should ignore the mainstream crap and pick up either a text book or a book written by a physicist who is involved in research.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#171826 - 06/20/06 05:58 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: reprobate]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
For me, any dreams that seem to be about "witch hunts"---people were after me, yada yada---are usually exciting and fun, rather than scary, because in most dreams of that sort, I have tools to escape from or outwit whomever's after me.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#171827 - 06/20/06 06:07 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: reprobate]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

I had a funny dream where I was riding on a snowmobile fighting against the Predator. I had a sledgehammer as a weapon. It was a great dream.

As for the structure of my dreams, the voices I hear are muffled like someone is talking through a door. They are in dark shades of color and nothing is very fluid, it is like taking individual pictures and flipping them to create movement.

Oh, I had a dream once when I was in Egypt where I drove through a McDonald's drive through with my tank and for some strange reason it was snowing. It was rather entertaining, especially after the complacent boredom in bum-fuck-Egypt.

Note: Snow seems to be a big issue in my dreams, but I live in Southern California.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#171828 - 06/20/06 06:10 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: TrojZyr]
The_Lightning Offline

May I ask, if you have been exposed to violence, in real life, because of your difference from the herd?

#171829 - 06/20/06 06:22 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Yes, but typically not because of being a Satanist per se. School was hellish from about 2nd grade until 9th grade.

#171830 - 06/20/06 06:42 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: TrojZyr]
The_Lightning Offline

I think the last time I had a frightening witch-hunt dream was after a few boys in my grade threatened to stab me (not because of being a Satanist per se either). I am sorry I didn't revenge this properly, I felt very helpless that time. I assume that what decides if the dream would be scary or not…?

Edited by The_Lightning (06/20/06 07:17 PM)

#171831 - 06/20/06 06:59 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Discipline]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Hey, that's pretty cool. Have you ever lived anywhere with snow? Maybe you're trying to tell yourself something!

The flipping pictures thing is interesting. My dreams sometimes have something like cinematography to them. Once I had a dream complete with panning camera angles. It was very Lynch-y.

I once had a dream that I was a young Native American, and I was going to assassinate Hitler with my ritual hatchet.

#171832 - 06/20/06 07:15 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Myster_Tale Offline

I don't think a girl should be threatened by any male and I do hope you informed the school staff or even the police of their threats.

In our country stabbings are no laughing matter, people get stabbed here because of a fashion comment, staring at the wrong hoodlum's girlfriend or an arguement on parking space.

#171833 - 06/20/06 08:55 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: reprobate]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

>>Have you ever lived anywhere with snow? Maybe you're trying to tell yourself something!

Yes, I have. I have lived in Kentucky, Flagstaff Arizona, and even Germany. There is plenty of snow in those places.

Maybe I am trying to tell myself something?

>>I once had a dream that I was a young Native American, and I was going to assassinate Hitler with my ritual hatchet.

Now that is a dream.

#171834 - 06/20/06 09:31 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Yeah, it sucks to think back on those things and say, "If only I'd been brave/quick enough to get my ideal revenge."

But, all you can do is learn from the experience, recognize that it's in the past, and do better the next time around.

#171835 - 06/20/06 09:37 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Discipline]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

Maybe I am trying to tell myself something?

I just mean, maybe your subconscious wants you to move somewhere snowy again.

#171836 - 06/20/06 09:45 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: reprobate]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
The dreams that I tend to recall are the ones in which everything is very vivid. In these dreams it is very much like real life, I hear everybody normally, I speak normally and have all the emotions that I would if it were really happening.

Sometimes they are just like watching a movie I am in; sometimes it is more like I am living whatever is going on in the dream.

A couple of weeks ago I had a dream where a man was pointing a gun at me. He told me he really did not want to kill me, but that he had to. I have never seen this man in my life, but I felt like I knew him. I felt the fear just as though I would image it in life. (never having been on the business end of a gun..)

He shot me in the side. I felt the bullet go into me, I felt the pain. (what my brain imagined the pain would feel like.) He then shot me in my back and I felt it again. This time I felt my breath leaving me, I could not breath and I knew I was dying. I woke up at that point, pretty shaken up, to say the least.

I didn't analyze the dream at all, but I sort of feel like I know what it would be like to be shot. (or I think I do, I don't really want to find out all that much!)
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#171837 - 06/21/06 03:10 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

Perhaps it may appear so.
However, the way I remember it, was that those people were either muggers, rapists, or both.
I didn't feel that it had anything to do with being a witch, because I didn't feel persecuted in any way for my lifestyle.
These were just random and common criminals that had formed a pack mentality.
Undercroft Sign Up

#171838 - 06/21/06 03:16 AM Re: Illusions [Re: Assabrah]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

Then, it is impossible ( I insist ) to say to False_Messiah that his dream was about this "witch-hunt".

Um...Assabrah...she said that to me, and ME is not a HE!
Undercroft Sign Up

#171839 - 06/21/06 03:39 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I've had it as long as I have known so I believe it's a natural ability although, as I mentioned in my post, I get better in it every day.
I believe that people without this ability could certainly train it if they'd want to.

#171840 - 06/21/06 07:12 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
ElJago Offline

GET OUT OF MY PSYCHE !!!

Seriously though thanks for the dream interpretation, I don't fear being judged per se, but I am naturally suspicious of people so maybe thats an indicator, I do sometimes feel vulnerable and guarded in umfamiliar social situations.

Of course dreaming of flying, floating etc is indeed very common, the main factor of that dream I remember the most is how hyper real it felt. I could feel my stomach turning and feel the breeze on my face as I used to fly superman like down that long steep staircase.

I just find it strange that particular dream that I haven't had for many years should be so vivid and clear in my memory to this day. I wonder what reasons there are that the sub conscious stores some dreams, yet other dreams are so quickly forgotten ?

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

#171841 - 06/21/06 09:05 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Myster_Tale]
The_Lightning Offline

Discipline:
Quote:

Note: Snow seems to be a big issue in my dreams, but I live in Southern California.

If I was to analyze this symbol-wise, I would connect your name "discipline" with snow- since they both have similar associations (in my mind at least) of cool, monochrome, silence and elegance.. so perhaps there is some connection between wanting to keep everything under control and between subconsciously covering everything in snow.

However, it just might be that your bed-room wasn't air-conditioned enough and you're subconscious wanted to let you know =P

Myster_Tale:
Quote:

I don't think a girl should be threatened by any male and I do hope you informed the school staff or even the police of their threats.

Yup, not that it helped much. They didn't have the guts to stab me- I knew that, but I was so fucking pissed they weren't going to get expelled for only suggesting it.

Enchantress:
Quote:

I didn't feel that it had anything to do with being a witch, because I didn't feel persecuted in any way for my lifestyle.

As I said- witch-hunt" dreams are not literally with-hunt dreams, they are dreams about being chased by a mob that wants to hurt you for some reason.

Grima:
Quote:

I've had it as long as I have known so I believe it's a natural ability although, as I mentioned in my post, I get better in it every day.
I believe that people without this ability could certainly train it if they'd want to.

~agreeing~

ElJago:
Quote:

I just find it strange that particular dream that I haven't had for many years should be so vivid and clear in my memory to this day. I wonder what reasons there are that the sub conscious stores some dreams, yet other dreams are so quickly forgotten ?

From what I know- If you get up right in the middle\shortly after REM sleep (dream sleep) you are more likely to remember your dreams. This is why nightmares are mostly remembered- because you usually wake up because of them.

And I can recall the experience of flying in my dreams… it was just as you described it.

#171842 - 06/21/06 11:19 AM Sleep paralysis [Re: TriKster]
LightSnake Offline

Quote:

I have what is known as sleep paralysis. I am dead awake. I cannot move, but I can sometimes utter a word loud enough to attract my wife's attention so she can move my body and give me the availability to get out of bed.

It's a very strange effect, isn't it? I liked someone's description of "different parts of your brain waking up in the wrong order". You lay there, peeping out at the room, while your body insists on sleeping in late.

You may, in a half-dreaming way, imagine you see strange figures in the actual room, getting up to whatnot while you are laid helpless before them. (Many of the 'alien-abductee' stories about sound like this effect to me.)

I have learned to break out of it.

The critical item here is that most people in SP can still open their eyes, and look around. You need to expand the area of mobility from there. I'm able get the eyes moving first, then the eyebrows, then forehead and ear wiggles, then I am able to flex the back of the neck...and as soon as my head moves, my body 'pops' back into working order.

I was rather pleased with myself to be able to come up with this idea, and to remember it right in the middle of the bizarrest moment of the day.

--LightSnake

--Camille Paglia

#171843 - 06/21/06 11:26 AM Re: Illusions [Re: Enchantress]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Oops I thought it was False_Messiah who had written that ( And I know you're not a HE ! )

But anyway, I think the same about the "analyse".

Freud in the age of Satan would be lost

#171844 - 06/21/06 11:57 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Never really had any persecution dreams. I usually don't remember my dreams. I do find that, if I dream that I am in a particularly tight spot, I realize I am dreaming, and just fly away; or, if I am being chased by...say...zombies, I will turn them into people I know.

I'm not sure what you would call "Satanic dreams". As a child, I had nightmares involving Christian imagery. It was usually Jesus coming down from the cross, to try to kill me; or, my father was on the cross, and he would come down to beat me. Hey...I grew up in the 60's...it happened. Not specifically "Satanic"; but these definately showed what my attitude toward Christianity was. If only I had the good sense to listen to those dreams, and not have backed down when I told my parents I was a Satanist...but 12 is fairly young to stand up to emotional manipulation from your parents.

I have been a fan of Jung; and, growing up in the 60's and 70's, I was exposed quite early to "the occult". I developed an interest in astrology. I have a passing knowledge of tarot, so I am not really equiped to speak about that in any great depth. Sorry.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#171845 - 06/21/06 01:01 PM Re: Sleep paralysis [Re: LightSnake]
TriKster Offline

Quote:

It's a very strange effect, isn't it? I liked someone's description of "different parts of your brain waking up in the wrong order". You lay there, peeping out at the room, while your body insists on sleeping in late.

Exactly!

Quote:

You may, in a half-dreaming way, imagine you see strange figures in the actual room, getting up to whatnot while you are laid helpless before them. (Many of the 'alien-abductee' stories about sound like this effect to me.)

Yes, I esp know of the 'alien abduction' stories, I find them to be absurd though at times.. (at times, cuz I am not gonna test fate! lol).

The worst part I have is of the sounds, people breathing, or walking around the house, the dog barking... I think the worst experience (now that I am thinking of it and replying to this message) that I had was when sleeping on my couch. I could see off towards the TV in the darkness and that freakin crazy thing in that movie "The Grudge" or even how the girl moved in "The Ring 2" that body movement, quick sometimes, painfully agonizing at others.. but I had that sound too that the "Grudge" chick makes as a freakin girl crawled right up to my couch and stared at me!

Now (as you show later on down) I can get out of the paralysis sometimes also, if I know I am gonna have one of those nights I sleep on my side with my legs on top of each other, kinda crossed, if I can move my toes, then let my leg lose it's "balance" I can usually roll out of bed... but the real bad nights I have to be assisted by my wife!

BUT DAMN! that night with that "Grudge" Chick.. I kept trying to say "help, help" my mind screaming it.. my lips barely moving.. Then I broke out of it and screamed "GET THE FU*K OUT OF MY FACE BIT**!" and I fully awoke!

Quote:

I have learned to break out of it.

See above

Quote:

I'm able get the eyes moving first, then the eyebrows, then forehead and ear wiggles, then I am able to flex the back of the neck...and as soon as my head moves, my body 'pops' back into working order.

Yes! you have the same idea, just different body parts!

TriKster

#171846 - 06/21/06 01:19 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: ElJago]
TriKster Offline

Quote:

Of course dreaming of flying, floating etc is indeed very common, the main factor of that dream I remember the most is how hyper real it felt. I could feel my stomach turning and feel the breeze on my face as I used to fly superman like down that long steep staircase.

The flying ones are the best! Oh and that breeze... I like to think of them as roller coaster dreams.. and sometimes my wife will shake me awake wondering wtf I am having so much fun about, cuz I am laughing like some kinda stoner! "Wheeee - oh man this is great!

Quote:

Ya, I agree, esp my "combat" dreams, or P.O.W. dreams.. I have been in combat, but never a P.O.W.

Like for instance, I will be in major combat, I never have a rifle, or gun that works.. I just have knives, or swords.. and man do I mess those "bad" guys up.. I am not a psycho (at least not yet... lol) but I end up being covered in blood, I can feel the warmth of the blood..

In other dreams I will be in "SEER" mode (Survive, Evade, Escape, Return), running from a usually large, formidable militant force.. I always get the crap shot out of me, I can feel the bullets ripping through my flesh.. fracturing bones.. I have never been shot.. before.. but I have had other things happen and when your adrenaline is flowing.. you don't stop unless that "bullet" or injury prevents you from continuing on.. it is part of survival.. and I will keep moving, bleeding all over.. These dreams are so intense, I feel the tempeture and humidity of the climate, I feel myself breathing, I feel every aspect as it is happening... Sometimes the wife has to shake me awake, cuz I am yelling at these guys I am fighting.. "Die you mother-f**ker!" or if I am say helping a downed friend I am asking for medical supplies, I.V. solution down to the type of solution (Ringer's lactate or Saline solution). I might be calling for people to do a medvac (helicopter extraction). Or calling in a bomb run.. It is SOOOOO Friggin real.. sometimes (90% of the time these dreams suck) but that 10%.. when I am saving a life, or I have escaped... I wake up feeling as if I can take on the world!

TriKster

#171847 - 06/21/06 01:28 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
TriKster Offline

Quote:

Interesting… now that you mention it- I can't hear people at all in my dreams… they don't talk to me, they use telepathy. But my visual perception is very detailed and colorful.

That is wierd, for me I can hear every word spoken in my vicinity. Sometimes I have dreams where I am speaking in different languages, even latin (or how I would pronounce words in latin now, not really knowing how to speak latin!) But the dream tells me it is latin. Sometimes, In my dreams I am reading or writing a great book, usually an occult book, I can see the refrences to spells and such, diagrams.. and I can make sense of them (to me in my dream). But unfortunetly I cannot remember wtf exactly I saw or said once my eyes open, even if the dream itself stays with me for the rest of the day.

TriKster

#171848 - 06/22/06 06:08 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: TriKster]
ElJago Offline

I often have dreams where I am present in the middle of a large scale battle, they tend to be graphic and extremely violent but I am merely an observer. The participants in the battle are aware of me being there but do not attack me or try to goad me into attacking another.

I have also had dreams where I am present at various kinds of massacre or slaughter, usually on a large scale and very bloodthirsty. Again I am an observer, but when I awake I often feel a sense of guilt I have no idea why.

The point you make about dreams of this nature being very realistic is very true, but somewhere in my sub conscious I must still be aware that it is a dream because I do not react to the events in my dream as I would if the situation was in real life.

#171849 - 06/22/06 07:50 PM Lucid time travel... [Re: The_Lightning]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

I have never had those types of dreams and I don't think that it's common for all Satanists to have them either. I do agree that there are "common" dreams that people have such as flying, falling and teeth coming out. I've had these dreams many times. I do pay close attention to my dreams because they are often very profound and most of the time my dreams affect my waking life. I don't however use the common dream interpretations to decipher them. I find that stuff to be purely superstition. Instead I try to figure out what they mean in my own way.

There were times that I had dreams that came to pass in my waking life. For instance, if I had a dream that I would hear from an old friend that I haven't heard from in years, he would call me the next day. I also had a dream a while back that I lost my purse and sure enough it happened the next day as well.

My most profound dream happened a few weeks ago. It was a lucid dream where I attempted to time travel. Although I feel I may have been succesful there is no way of me verifying it. Let me explain...

I have been practicing with lucid dreaming for a few months and developed a good technique. I usually have recurring dreams. I am training myself to recognize patterns in my dreams that I constantly see. Such as walking down a familiar street that is always in the dream or talking to someone I dream about alot. These patterns are "landmarks". I tell myself that if I see a familiar landmark I am dreaming...even if I'm awake I still tell myself this. When I have these realizations I do something to try to test my reality such as throwing a coin up into the air. If it stays up there I know I'm dreaming.

A few weeks ago my girlfriend and I were taking a nap before going out to an event. I woke up and noticed we had slept too long and I was upset. I was fully awake and she also woke up when she felt me stirring. It was 6:30pm and we both smelled the scent of roast pork about the house that my boyfriend was cooking for about 4 hours for dinner. I layed back on the bed feeling extremely groggy still from oversleeping and felt myself drifting off again. Because I drifted off knowing I was about to sleep I remained conscious and lucid. I then told myself that I was dreaming and that I'm going to travel back in time to earlier in the day so that we can have more time to get ready.

When I woke up it was bright out and it was 2pm! She was already up and about and there was no pork cooking. My boyfriend told me he had no intentions of making it being that we were leaving. I was excited yet confused as to what actually happened. I was certain that I did fully wake up the first time during the evening and smelled food (I had never smelled food in my dreams before) and had a conversation with my friend. There is no way of validating this because if time travel is really possible I changed their realties and wiped out their previous one. Real or not, for what it's worth it was the most remarkable experience and successful lucid dream.

Quote:

I wanted to ask you all about the usage of tarot cards as means of exploring the subconscious: I am not talking about prophesying; I am talking about tarot readings that only refer to the present situation. (Reading about future events will make the subconscious work to accomplish those events rather it likes it or not- so it's stupid). I personally found Osho Zen's tarot deck to be very helpful in deepening the knowledge about my self. Does anyone here use tarot?

I use the Tarot myself. I do not believe it is the work of spirits either, it's all your subconscious at work. They are like mini rituals to see inside yourself. "Casing the mark" makes the reading ten times more successful when reading cards for others. My natural intuition in reading people, along with manipulation used to make me lots of spare money for fun! Have you ever used the Crowley deck? That's the one I have and work best with.

#171850 - 06/23/06 07:29 AM Re: Lucid time travel... [Re: Carkosa]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

I had NO idea dreaming about your teeth falling out was common. I've had recurring dreams of my front bottom teeth coming out pretty much all my life. I assume it's an anxiety dream, or feeling a toothache while asleep. I used to chew tobacco, and I also dream of having mouth cancer. I also smoke quite often in my dreams.

#171851 - 06/24/06 12:33 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
MasterMagick Offline

Loc: NY USA
Quote:

I was wondering, ...

Fascinating thread, thanks for wondering T_L. Dreams are a favorite topic and indulgence of mine as well.

I want to respond more completely when time permits to some of the follow-ups, but on your original questions:

As others have already noted, it'd be unlikely that Satanists in general had 'witch hunt' dreams. While some may feel isolated or persecuted for one reason or another, it's not likely related to being a Satanist. In fact, being a Satanist should free you from those kinds of feelings and situations in most cases.

On Tarot, I used to use quite a few different decks for quite a few different reasons and situations. Lately I have not had cause to consult the cards but the usefulness of Tarot or Runes, like any other magickal tool you employ, is your personal choice based on what works for you. No matter if its self exploration or for use in a ritual, if the cards help reach your desired goals, more power to you. I've always favored decks that have unusual imagery, handmade/one-of-a-kinds or specialized decks that fit the mood of a working or the personality of the person(s).

On a related note - someone more up-to-date can prob confirm this but don’t I recall Magister Lang or another artist affiliated with the CoS working on designing a ‘Satanic Tarot’ deck some years ago?

#171852 - 06/24/06 01:17 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
man_mind Offline
Banned

All of my dreams are overly colorful. The color is almost always completely white, with huge massive over shadowing.

For example, get a picture of someone you know with a bad flash (too much flash) then put it in adobe and enhance the shadows and the light. (Like you saw in the cube when the retard walked out)

Sort of like that.

Secondly, I don't have any fluid dreams. It is like reading a comic book very slowly, while the audio tape is up to speed as it should be.

I just had a dream last night, but I don't remember anything except, "Hey, come back." right before I woke up.

Most of my dreams, if not all, are like this, "Painting style" imagery. Everything is stand still like a child cartoon. For example, the old time Velvatine Rabbit.

The images seem to flip faster or slower based on what emotional state I was in when I went to sleep, or what emotional state I end up with while in the dream.

I have never had a problem with controlling any of the dreams. But the tool for me has always been emotional intensity.

My day dreams on the other hand, are very weird.

They take place like a Quentin Tarantino movie. Hazy look, like a day dream would look in a cartoon.

One example of this is when we were on the road. I "spaced out" due to the pure exaustion and boredom of driving for so long, and ended up day dreaming of a cross roads, in the desert (where we were) and in front of us to the left, was a gas station.
About 2 hours after this day dream, we came to that exact cross roads, with the gas station, and street sign matched exactly what I day dreamed.

All of my day dreams aren't normally that "accurate" or coincidental? but they are always damn weird. I try not to think about most of them.

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#171853 - 06/25/06 06:53 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: MasterMagick]
The_Lightning Offline

Quote:

While some may feel isolated or persecuted for one reason or another, it's not likely related to being a Satanist.

This is intresting… I was quite sure that being a strong-willed, intelligent, critical, elitist individual DOES make one isolated/persecuted at least to some degree.

Quote:

In fact, being a Satanist should free you from those kinds of feelings and situations in most cases.

Now it defiantly does- but in my early childhood I didn't know I could use magic as vengeance, so the feeling of being helpless against a very vicious "herd" was strong.
Perhaps I didn't take into account the culture factor… at least here the education system is helpless against bullies and protecting yourself isn't very easy.

Quote:

I've always favored decks that have unusual imagery, handmade/one-of-a-kinds or specialized decks that fit the mood of a working or the personality of the person(s).

I agree- the Osho Zen deck I use has fantastic imagery and some very nice concepts. There is even a card designed as Nietzsche's three "re-births"(camel, lion, and child).

Quote:

‘Satanic Tarot’ deck

This should be very interesting. Perhaps I'll even design such a thing myself for my own entertainment.

#258401 - 07/21/07 01:37 AM Coast Ouija Special [Re: TattooedKali]
ror Offline
CoS Member

Loc: DracUR, Kalifornien: Yay Area
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2007/07/25.html

In the first hour, Edward Cornelius talks about his book, Aleister Crowley and the Ouija Board. Next, main guests Jordan Maxwell, Rosemary Ellen Guiley, and Bruce Goldberg discuss the history and implications of the Ouija Board, followed by George's planned Ouija Board experiment.

#258404 - 07/21/07 01:55 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> (Reading about future events will make the subconscious work to accomplish those events rather it likes it or not- so it's stupid).<<

It's not really stupid, Miss Lightning.

Awareness of this brings desired results if one knows how to use it.

Afer all, what are you attempting to do in ritual other than bringing about desired results?

That is why some people are "lucky" and some constantly fall off their bicycle.

May I recommend The Holographic Universe: The Bridge Between Matter & The Mind. by Michael Talbot.

I am not saying that anyone is completely free of bad luck or experiencing adverse situations. But knowing how to use certain tools can help us to deal with situations more adroitly.

I have used Tarot cards and ouija boards. However, although I have no explanation for it and do not care to - I have found the I-Ching amazingly accurate to events in my life.

Edited by UVRAY (07/21/07 01:56 AM)
Edit Reason: Typin Eros

#258435 - 07/21/07 06:28 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
The_Lightning Offline

What the…?
How did this thread resurrect?

I've changed my mind about many things since I wrote it…
Because of reading Jung, for one.

I don't know what I meant back then when I said it's stupid, but what I most likely meant to say, is that giving tarot cards a power of their own is merely a projection- the power is within us to change and control future events, giving tarot cards independent abilities is stupid, because often they can harm us with thier "predications".
However, the ability of any "witchcraft" to change one's subconscious to suit one's goals—is indeed a very good and useful one.
I agree on this completely.

#258461 - 07/21/07 11:19 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
fatebender Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Sin City
 Quote:
I have found the I-Ching amazingly accurate to events in my life.

Me too. Go figure.

#258603 - 07/22/07 12:12 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: OminousFixation]
AztecRed Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
My dreams are indiscernible from reality. Full color, full sound. They are usually about work, school, riding motorcycles, etc. Every so often they may be on the borderline of supernatural or even prophetic.

I usually can't hear gunshots in my dreams though. But when I do hear them, I wake up with a headache. There is probably a physiological connection between the two. And every so often, I have lucid dreams where I can manipulate the laws of physics at will. Make myself jump higher than usual. Run faster. Freeze or slow down time.

Another skill i've been working on is paying attention to words and numbers in my dreams. If I see a math problem in a dream, I try to solve it. It's getting easier and easier. And i'm actually finding myself able to solve math problems (such as calculating sales tax in my head) in dreams that I have difficulty solving in my waking life.

Also, as soon as I wake up, I write down unusual names and phrases I hear in my dreams and I look them up in google to see if they apply to something in particular. Futuristic electronic devices and musical instruments also tend to appear in my dreams, so I also document those when I can.

As for satanic dreams, I can remember having a cluster of dreams where I was walking down a sidewalk or through a building and I see these hands come out of the shadows, beckoning me to come into the darkness. And as I approach them, I can remember feeling this powerful heat as if I was being pulled into "hell" itself. Twice i've had dreams where satan has been characterized. Once as a woman who was taking me on a shopping spree through this gigantic "shopping mall". And once as an actual demon with horns, in a pit of fire, and everything.

If there are any reoccurring themes to my dreams, it is usually me being confused about something, being chased by something, being pressured into completing something, or simply being lost. Which is a pretty accurate reflection of my waking life.

Edited by AztecRed (07/22/07 12:13 AM)

#258871 - 07/23/07 09:19 AM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: The_Lightning]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

I would like tell of a recurring dream I have had for the whole of my adult life. The details change; but, the basics are the always the same.

I am in a large house. I get the impression, each time, that I own the house.

I begin to explore, because it suddenly seems that I am seeing it for the first time. It is then I find, sometimes in the attic...sometimes in the basement...a door I had not noticed before.

On opening the door, I am surprised, and pleased, to find that there is a large portion of the house I did not know existed. It is generally the same area as the part of the house I was already familiar with.

I always awake in quite the good mood, after this particular dream.

What does this have to do with Satanic dreams? Well, I consider myself a late bloomer. I was what is, for some people, middle age when I found out about Satanism. For me, it really was a hidden door that opened to quite a spacious area. I am particularly fond of the fact that the door was not simply "in the attic"; but, "in the basement", as well. I do not believe I need to explain that particular piece of symbolism. I am curious to see if this dream continues; or, if it will now move on to something else.

#258940 - 07/23/07 01:34 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
The_Lightning Offline

NICE!
A house represents one's consciousness (obviously?) and I've noticed that dreams with that symbol in them have profound meaning.

In "Man and his symbols" Jung tells about a dream he had about finding new rooms he never knew about in his own house.
I remembered this dream was discussed in the 17 parts of "Wisdom of Dreams" (which I recommend watching for a general, basic, and knowledge of Jung's ideas.)
And I can't believe I just found it in my first guess, but here it is- a dream quite similar to yours in clip 5.

#259045 - 07/23/07 06:21 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
euol Offline
Banned

I have had a similar dream, also recurring. I'm in a house, although I note there is a lot of dark wood and red velvet, and I know every inch of it, and I get a certain pleasure out of walking through it and stroking curtains and tables. I get excited and wondering as I find a door I've never seen in the back of a closet, and I go down a set of stairs into a basement. I see another door at the back of this room, and there is darkness behind it.

However, my dream is a nightmare, because there is something in the basement, some tall, lean man with blonde hair, and mean eyes, and almost caveman-like sloping forehead and brow ridge. I get terrified as he approaches me, because his hands can do things, and I clamp my arms and legs together and hunch into a ball.

This is the dream that roused my interest in dreams, meanings, lucid dreaming, and such. I try every time to have the dream, and walk past him, but I can't yet.

I don't know who he is, but he is in many of my dreams. It's somewhat frightening.

Anyway... I actually dream of this house, a mall parking lot, a church/palace or red brick, and an empty hospital with fake doors, quite frequently.

I just saw that this wasn't a post started by man_mind... so I'll respond to the original question, a bit.

I have had dreams of being actually burnt at the stake. I don't wake up. Sometimes I scream, and sometimes I try not to, and a few times, more recently, I have escaped by flying away, with a rather attractive and dramatic burst and flow of my cloak.

I've also had dreams of warriors chasing me down the Great Wall of China, except that I reach a cliff and dive into the ocean, and somehow I can breathe water. Then I see Flounder, though, so I don't know if that much matters. I was obsessed with the Little Mermaid as a kid.

Edited by euol (07/23/07 06:32 PM)

#259053 - 07/23/07 07:13 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: euol]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: euol

However, my dream is a nightmare, because there is something in the basement, some tall, lean man with blonde hair, and mean eyes, and almost caveman-like sloping forehead and brow ridge. I get terrified as he approaches me, because his hands can do things, and I clamp my arms and legs together and hunch into a ball.

Hmm...A dream that thre is a tall blonde in the basement, who can do something with his hands. If you change the man into a woman, and the sloping forehead to large...not a forehead, and keep the hands that can do things...you have another of my recurring dreams. But, that is another story...

#259061 - 07/23/07 08:03 PM Re: Dreams, Tarot Cards and more [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
euol Offline
Banned

Roho... you make me giggle.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12015 Members
73 Forums
43825 Topics
405208 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements