Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#171982 - 06/22/06 10:25 AM Re: Annoying! [Re: Catalyst]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
Answering the door naked doesn't always work. I remember a gentleman not too long ago posting that he had done this, thinking it was churchies at the door. It turned out it was a mother and her scouts selling cookies.

#171983 - 06/22/06 11:11 AM Re: Annoying! [Re: princeofdarkness]
Artehenis Offline

why do you care? unless that is, they hold some type of bearing over ur life? If not, then screw them and the fish they rode in on!

#171984 - 06/22/06 11:53 AM Re: Annoying! [Re: Artehenis]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
Inappropriate civilian policing.

Edited by LeviathanXIII (06/22/06 07:36 PM)

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#171985 - 06/22/06 12:09 PM Re: Annoying! [Re: x9x]
TriKster Offline

Loc: Texas
Quote:

You probably skipped the introduction part here eh?
If a stranger wants to enter a house, an introduction is needed.

I mean, like yaah... you don't wanna just invite the undercover cops in to see your grow lights and pasture in your spare bedroom.

STOP LOOKING AT ME SWAN!

***Note this message does not condone the use of mind altering substances or that I use any mind altering substance (unless wine counts).

Hail Satan

TriKster

#171986 - 06/22/06 12:16 PM Re: Annoying! [Re: Catalyst]
TriKster Offline

It is funny, as a teenager, I used to be able to do the angriest (sp?) Devil / Freddy Krueger voice, They even used my voice advertising a hard rock station we listened to out of Chicago (the late night head banger's ball). At any rate.. I had been in a ...

(horn please.. wah wah wah wah) been in a rehab as a teenager. All the time the "Fathher, Preist, religious layman would come around to see if us "tormented souls" needed to redeem ourselves and said fellas always caught us in our smoking room. I didn't know latin (Would like to) but I would conjure up some kind of evil homemade jibberish and yell at the priest in my satan "voice" then yell "GET OUT You Are going to burn in hell!"

... Man did they freak the heck out

- Walking quickly past the nurses desk - "Man, you have some kids with real issues here....!"

Hahaha

Hail Satan

TriKster

#171987 - 06/22/06 12:25 PM Re: Annoying! [Re: TriKster]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
>>my wife sets up the most insane halloween deal in the front yard (most children 4 years or younger refuse to come into the yard, or they scream and cry so bad that the parents have to walk the other way) (luckily we live in a cul-de-sac).<<

Ah, All Hallows Eve the way is SHOULD be celebrated. You wouldn't happen to have any pictures would you?

SETI@Home Team

#171988 - 06/22/06 12:44 PM Re: Annoying! [Re: Catalyst]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Quote:

I very recently, last week, actually, found a way to get rid of those people for good. I have had one religious group or another show up at my door about every other day ever since i moved in here about 7 months ago. As we all know, while their reactions are amusing, answering the door naked or yelling at them only works temporarily. Have you ever considered answering the door naked, then, upon seeing the bible in their hands, yelling at them "Please no!!! Dont shoot! I wont do it again!" and so-on until they go away?

Oh, if I had known who/what was at the door I would have just waddled to the door pants around ankles and said "Oh, good, your just in time to wipe my ass!" The throne room I was in does not have a window so I could not prepare a measured 'attack'. Like I did when I saw the Mormons park their car across from my house.

SETI@Home Team

#171989 - 06/22/06 12:44 PM Re: Annoying! [Re: False_Messiah78]
TriKster Offline

Quote:

Ah, All Hallows Eve the way is SHOULD be celebrated. You wouldn't happen to have any pictures would you?

Aww, man, not from this last year, but for instance she goes and cuts down all the old dead evil looking trees back in the woods and creates her own forest. Then she uses lights, esp those lights that make it look like a fire. She has a very large tombstone collection (Cost us like $1000 for those damn things!) Big ones too.. so we have this evil cemetary. She made a gigantic Grim Reaper in a ritualistic robe standing over a tripod that holds a cauldron full of dry ice and it glows satanicly red.

She makes a path that leads through the cemetary, no walking up to the front door at this house. She gets that spider web stuff and closes off certain parts of the yard with those said webs..

Then there are these giant fake crows and vultures all over the place.... I think next year we will have a lot more and I am going to try to get (as I was thinking from another post I just replied too) Some kind of music from the game Silent Hill (maybe the movie "Silent Hill" has a scary soundtrack!?) Or see how spooky Dr. LaVey's music sounds.

I usually hide somewhere and jump out at people, and I also have a really deep "bassy" voice that carries, and when there is a lull between "treaters" I scream from the front of the house or go in back so the people on the next road over can hear me, horrible screams, like "OMG They are tearing me apart.. please someone save me.. save my children.. someone help me... AHHHHH"

It is a total blast. I also think this year I need to get a really cool ritualistic robe and a very scary and large monster mask (those ones like they sell that the face is like 2 or 3 ft. long). carry my giant Nordic sword around and using computer parts and 12 volt batteries I am going to use those profile kits you can get for cars to make it look like the bottom of my robe is glowing red.

Buwahahaha...

Also as far as pictures it is really hard to get the pictures in the evening with our crappy camera, I will see what we can do this year and definitely try to get some quality pictures and maybe even some video.

Hail Satan

TriKster

#171990 - 06/22/06 03:18 PM Forked Paths... [Re: princeofdarkness]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
My advice (Multiple Choice, pick the BEST answer):

A.) Get used to, and over it
B.) Move
C.) Go back to church
D.) Become a recluse

"Them's the breaks, kid."

Satanism often goes hand-in-hand with such reactions.
(Remember, Satan is "the adversary, the accuser.")
Perhaps the best way to avoid such conflict is through discretion and caution.

If the fire gets too hot for you, there is always the option of not affiliating/associating at all.

Every choice has it's consequence.
Such is life.

HS!

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#171991 - 06/22/06 03:41 PM Re: Annoying! [Re: ElJago]
Bleedingmind Offline

Loc: Salt lake City Utah (Betcha di...
Why get voilent and let them be a victum? If you simply tell them off they won't come back and you are still free to live the way you please.

#171992 - 06/22/06 03:50 PM Re: Annoying! [Re: princeofdarkness]
Lust Offline

Quote:

Ever since I became interested in the COS I have had countless numbers of old folk which are local old folk, knocking on the door telling me that going to church would be good for me, they knew that I used to go to church, but now turn against it, I was respected within the community now I am not, I feel that the daggers are always flying at me.

This is supposed to be really good for you too.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#171993 - 06/22/06 04:34 PM Re: Annoying! [Re: False_Messiah78]
Kewpster Offline

It's not just religious nuts, there's sales people as well. Since moving into my new house, I have every exterminator and alarm company trying to sell me their services. Of course they know that these services came with the house, but they still try. After installing the peephole on my door, I rarely answer it now. If I'm in the middle of something important, I wouldn't answer the door or phone anyways. If they approach me while I'm in my yard I tell them in my normal "I don't care voice" to go away and then go about my business as if they're not even there. They usually get the message and leave. You would think that all these salespeople whether religious or not, would get the picture that if someone wants their services they'll call.

#171994 - 06/22/06 04:39 PM Re: Annoying! [Re: Kewpster]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

I am generally much nicer to salespeople than evangelicals. Salespeople are just doing their job; trying to make a living for them and their loved ones. Between Boy Scouts and high school trips I've done more than my fair share of door-to-door sales.

I will be civil to salespeople and just politely tell them that I am not interested. Evangilicals incur my wrath. They are treated like the insignificant putrid pond scum that they are. Unfortunately, I am prohibited by state and federal laws as to how I can properly deal with them.

SETI@Home Team

#171995 - 06/22/06 05:17 PM Re: Annoying! [Re: False_Messiah78]
Kewpster Offline

I usually don't have a problem with the neighborhood kids selling their candies or whatever, it's the adult salespersons that annoy me. I know that they have to make a living, I just wish that they would approach someone else.
I completely agree with you on the religious nuts pandering their salvation goods.

#171996 - 06/22/06 05:30 PM Re: Annoying! [Re: Quaark]
Psychotherapeut Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

Quote:

I truly believe that you should never keep your Satanist views quiet or any views quiet, I actually find this offensive to be honest, because why should we?

This is a very unsophisticated approach to life and is guaranteed to produce some very undesirable results.

Knowing when to keep ones views to oneself requires a perspective of enlightened self-interest, and being able to do so requires discipline.

By the way, being discreet and engaging in complex subterfuge can be far more fun than simply proclaiming everything you think at all times. Far more fun. And productive, and profitable. Do you think that successful businessmen, politicians, or military leaders readily share who they really are and what they really think?

Life is bigger, stronger, meaner, and faster than you.

It is therefore wise to make life your ally, not your enemy.

Your approach resembles the man who put his foot in his mouth, then decided to shoot himself in the foot.

Good luck, you need it.

Excellent post!

I personally have less than 5 friends who know my affiliations/beliefs... There would be no benefit to revealing any of that information.
One analogy I have for this is that of an illusionist. Upon first sight you are enamored. You can't believe what you are seeing. Now if you knew exactly how he was performing the illusion, would you still have the same reaction? Of course you wouldn’t. You'd be preoccupied searching for 'peter pan' wire and trap doors.. Or you would simply pay no mind to him. Where is the fun in that? Now if you had seen this illusionist for some time, and still couldn't figure it out, then you would keep going back to try...

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43982 Topics
406058 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements