Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#173429 - 06/26/06 06:46 PM Re: Extraterrestrials [Re: Carkosa]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
I always liked to play around with the idea that Moses was a Martian =P

I heard about quite a few religions that support the idea of worshiping aliens as gods. Who knows- perhaps we had some history-altering visits from extraterrestrials.
But as Asmedious said- if it is true, it has no effect on our lives. When it does effect…. Well, I just hope it won't be in a negative way..

#173430 - 06/26/06 07:16 PM Re: Extraterrestrials [Re: The_Lightning]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

Well, I just hope it won't be in a negative way..

Just think one minute about what you have said. This reveals a lot.

#173431 - 06/26/06 08:09 PM Re: Extraterrestrials [Re: Assabrah]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
1.I was talking about a future event that will affect my life.

2. "Our lives"= the lives of Satanists.

#173432 - 06/26/06 08:49 PM 3° ? [Re: The_Lightning]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Isn't it cute ?

Edited by Assabrah (06/26/06 08:53 PM)

#173433 - 06/26/06 09:43 PM Re: Extraterrestrials [Re: The_Lightning]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

But as Asmedious said- if it is true, it has no effect on our lives. When it does effect…. Well, I just hope it won't be in a negative way..

How can such a monumental event not effect your life?? Life as we know it will definitely change. If intelligent extraterrestrial life is found, the people of the world and their governments will need to determine how to manage interactions with them. Aliens are different from us physiologically, and may be different from us behaviorally also. Their minds may not possess any resemblance to our own at all. If our interactions with them are positive (which I highly doubt) we may have the opportunity to learn more about them and possibly visit another world that has life. If our interactions are negative then we will have to worry about them either enslaving or destroying us all.

Edited by Carkosa (06/26/06 09:59 PM)

#173434 - 06/26/06 09:55 PM Re: Extraterrestrials [Re: Carkosa]
SonOfSaturn Offline

Loc: Next to a broken church.
Well If they are out there, and they are smart enugh to get here, I have to wonder why they would bother.

Edited by Rivenstar (06/26/06 09:57 PM)

#173435 - 06/26/06 10:05 PM Re: Extraterrestrials [Re: Carkosa]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
Quote:

How active are you in this project and what are your expectations for it?

Well, one really can't be "active" in this project as it is just a program that runs on your computer. I guess I'm as active as you can be as I leave my computer on 24/7 and almost always have BOINC running.

To give you an idea these are my stats:
  • Total Credit: 26227.48
  • Average credit: 127.41
  • Results: 11

What are my expectations? I expect that I will be the first human to make contact with Intelligent Alien Life through my computer. All humanity will revere me and elect me Grand Emperor of the Earth and virgins from all over the world will throw themselves at my feet.

SETI@Home Team

#173436 - 06/26/06 10:13 PM Re: Extraterrestrials [Re: Carkosa]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>I personaly do not believe in aliens. Given the fact
>>that the universe has billions of stars and planets,
>>I do however feel that it is a logical possibility.

That's my personal take too. I concur that it doesn't strike me as improbable, given the estimated number of stars and planets out there. Some would argue that it's arrogant to assume Earth is the one and only planet where any kind of organisms developed. However, I find some arrogance too in the notion that some alien wanted to come from millions of light years away to some trailer park and start a relationship with a piece of white trash. And all of the "proof" I've seen seems to have a lot of holes and much better explanations (ego projections, false memory syndrome, pop culture and herd influence, the fallacy of pure anecdotal evidence, etc.).

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#173437 - 06/26/06 10:18 PM Re: Extraterrestrials [Re: False_Messiah78]
SonOfSaturn Offline

Loc: Next to a broken church.
Well you can have all the virgins, but I get the rest! They tend to be way more fun anyway!

#173438 - 06/26/06 11:20 PM Re: Extraterrestrials [Re: Carkosa]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
According with Standardized Galactic Law, every spaceship entering the atmosphere of a planet with a pre-hyperspace civilization (like Earth) must have a Blurrer installed.

This device emits sub-quantum metawaves that render any optical or electronic imaging devices useless, by making their lens go out of focus.

#173439 - 06/26/06 11:48 PM Re: Here are one or two. More downstairs. [Re: ElJago]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
The planet in question is not unknown, is very present and studied, and is not Earth.

#173440 - 06/27/06 12:16 AM Re: Here are one or two. More downstairs. [Re: Carkosa]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
(1) No need to guess. It is easy enough to look up and verify.

(2) The Egyptian site is not any pyramid site at all. It is much older than that.

(2a) But exactly why would any religion care either? That only begs the question whose answer I find to be quite obvious, don't you?

You only make maps for navigation, don't you?

#173441 - 06/27/06 12:17 AM Re: Here are one or two. More downstairs. [Re: Nemo]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

This makes me think about something I'm studying.

I'm sorry because the scan is in French, but it won't be hard to see with what it deals :

#173442 - 06/27/06 01:19 AM My guesses... [Re: Nemo]
S_Magazine Offline
CoS Witch

(1) The circadian "day" of a human being when placed in a mineshaft for a few weeks is not that of the 24 hour earth day. What planet day does it precisely match?

The Moon. The Ancients, at least, considered it to be a Planet.

(2) What Egyptian dolmen structure not only has the usual alignment with the solstices and equinoxes but also proprotionately identifies the precise distance in light years between a number of distant stars ... distances only recently discovered in the last few years through modern astronomy?

The Temple at Luxor.

(2.a.) Why would anyone thousands of year ago think it was important to map out the distances between stars like that?

I'll have to pass on this one.

#173443 - 06/27/06 01:26 AM Re: My guesses... [Re: S_Magazine]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Quote:

(2.a.) Why would anyone thousands of year ago think it was important to map out the distances between stars like that?

I'll have to pass on this one.

Possibly because they believed that the stars governed their lives. Or that the "heavenly bodies" were Gods themselves. In short, they believed in crap akin to astrology.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12090 Members
73 Forums
43862 Topics
405449 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements