Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#174569 - 07/01/06 12:15 PM Law of the Trapezoid.
melektaus8 Offline

Loc: Michigan.
I have found this essay to be a bit difficult to understand entirely.

What I've grasped thus far is that certain angles impact the psyche different ways, and in some cases lead to destructive things.

Anton LaVey states some of his observations from working as a "paranormal" investigator in San Francisco; saying that in some cases where bad things have occurred, there were present certain angles which more than likely made it so.

If anyone can assist, that would be greatly appreciated.

Truly,

MDW
"Those who are physically and mentally unhealthy and unfit must not perpetuate their sufferings in the bodies of their children. Through educational means the State must teach individuals that illness is not a disgrace but a misfortune for which people are to be pitied, yet at the same time that it is a crime and a disgrace to make this affliction the worse by passing it on to innocent creatures out of a merely egotistic yearning" - Adolf Hitler

http://www.woodharrow.com

#174570 - 07/01/06 04:07 PM Re: Law of the Trapezoid. [Re: melektaus8]
PWG Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: MI
You are on the right track, what are you having trouble with?

#174571 - 07/01/06 06:59 PM Re: Law of the Trapezoid. [Re: PWG]
melektaus8 Offline

Loc: Michigan.
What I am having trouble with is knowing what it is in totality.

Does it simply state that the Trapezoid will cause possible destructive effects, buildings that resemble a Trapezoid(s) or both?

I have seen the use of the Trapezoid many places in Satanic art and just don't feel that I've had the correct impression of what it is.

I just wanted to ask if there was something anyone can observe that I had perhaps overlooked.

Thank you for your reply.

MDW
"Those who are physically and mentally unhealthy and unfit must not perpetuate their sufferings in the bodies of their children. Through educational means the State must teach individuals that illness is not a disgrace but a misfortune for which people are to be pitied, yet at the same time that it is a crime and a disgrace to make this affliction the worse by passing it on to innocent creatures out of a merely egotistic yearning" - Adolf Hitler

http://www.woodharrow.com

#174572 - 07/01/06 07:07 PM Re: Law of the Trapezoid. [Re: melektaus8]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Well, yes, there is actually a great deal you have not mentioned or "overlooked".

That is one reason we have members-only forums downstairs so that we can go into depth on these kind of things.

In the meantime I would suggest reading Klines' Sentics.

#174573 - 07/01/06 07:27 PM Re: Law of the Trapezoid. [Re: melektaus8]
PWG Offline
CoS Warlock

Magister Nemo's advice is rock solid. Don't just limit your thinking to the trapezoid.

Consider the physical setup of even natural formations that give people the "creeps."

I have been able to observe the Law of the Trapezoid at work first-hand, and it's one of my favorites.

#174574 - 07/01/06 09:04 PM Re: Law of the Trapezoid. [Re: PWG]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Canada
Quote:

I have been able to observe the Law of the Trapezoid at work first-hand, and it's one of my favorites.

I always thought the people in my workplace were more than a little crazy, but I'd always chalked it up to job stress and immature behaviour. However, the pattern on the carpet consists of a highly abstract scribbled pattern of lines, and I just started looking at it in-depth the other day and noticed that within the scribbles it's riddled with trapezoids. This may have had the subconscious effect of driving people batty.

I've been working at this place for some time, and recently my job duties take me away from the main areas and back into an area that has a neutral carpet pattern - no trapezoids - and what few people that are there are much saner! I've really noticed that the difference is most pronounced when I venture out to interact with people in the "tainted" area.
Undercroft Sign Up

#174575 - 07/02/06 04:01 AM Re: Law of the Trapezoid. [Re: melektaus8]
Dallas Offline

Loc: Utah County, Utah, US
I've found a few things just by googling.

#174576 - 07/02/06 04:59 AM Re: Law of the Trapezoid. [Re: Nemo]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

In the meantime I would suggest reading Klines' Sentics.

Magister, I just did a library search on your suggestion, but I could only find:

"Sentics : the touch of emotions by Manfred Clynes, 1925- Copyright 1977".

Is that the same one as you're recommending?
Undercroft Sign Up

#174577 - 07/02/06 06:34 AM Re: Law of the Trapezoid. [Re: Enchantress]
PWG Offline
CoS Warlock

Good observation! I'm sure people make a comment if they move from the tainted are to the more normal one, right?

#174578 - 07/02/06 08:24 PM Yes. [Re: Enchantress]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

That is correct. I was recalling the author's name from memory and clearly misspelled it.

#174579 - 07/04/06 03:17 AM Re: Yes. [Re: Nemo]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Irregardless of that, Magister Nemo - thank you for introducing that title. I hadn't heard of it before, and have ordered it from the library at your suggestion.

I know your suggestions to be sound, and appreciate any guidance you feel to offer.
Undercroft Sign Up

#174580 - 07/04/06 06:04 AM Re: Law of the Trapezoid. [Re: melektaus8]
Rattlesnake Offline

Loc: Yurop
I haven't fully understood the Law of the Trapezoid. But I recently noticed that the ancient mesoamerican pyramids at Teotihuacan , are a collection of smaller trapezoids over larger ones. I've always found them to be quite intrigueing.

#174581 - 07/04/06 06:18 AM Other Reading [Re: Enchantress]
PWG Offline
CoS Warlock

Also try the "Angles of Madness" chapter in The Secret Life of a Satanist.

#174582 - 07/04/06 05:23 PM Re: Trapezoid. [Re: Rattlesnake]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

So is the shape of this bulletin board with the green line under Letters to the Devil forming the visual "top" and the block of massages forming the base.

#174583 - 07/04/06 06:33 PM Re: Trapezoid. [Re: Nemo]
Achilles Offline

Hey, it goes both ways actually. "Where the Elite Come to Play" can be the top and the green line is the base of an upside down trapezoid. Then the "Letters to the Devil" and "Magister Ventrue's" can be seen as another trapezoid with the green line the base. I've never noticed that. Maybe that's why it's so attractive.

Now I also see the bottom of the CoS Emporium with

" home |shopping cart | checkout
my account | contact us | mailing list
store policies | terms of use | privacy statement
"

Another trapezoid.

Let's see if there are anymore fun puzzles to look for...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12017 Members
73 Forums
43828 Topics
405224 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements