Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#175127 - 07/04/06 01:26 AM Re: Am I too compassionate to be a Satanist? [Re: Zephirus]
evalUate Offline

Loc: Michigan
Do not shrug off ritual as useless, just because you have no empirical evidence that it is worthwhile. You may be stubbornly clinging to your pragmatic view, only because you are entrenched in your scientific belief system. Science and ritual are not mutually exclusive. Just because we cannot adequately analyzed and verbalize the phenomena produced by ritual behavior, does not negate its existence. Evan a die-hard Scientist would not proclaim that there is nothing yet to be discovered. There is more to be discovered about the Mind, than we now claim we know conclusively at present.

I was raised without any adhered-to family religion, and never witnessed or experienced ritual in the traditional form before I tried it as a realized Satanist after maturity. I DID utilize formal ritual as described in TSB, after a powerful event in my life. I tried it with an open mind and focused passion, even though at that time, I had not yet understood its real potential, being a practical and skeptical person. But by focusing on my strong emotions in the ritual chamber, the force we call “Greater Magic” does concentrate and crystallize (if metaphorically) into a REAL and tangible phenomena. No, I cannot explain it….language is inadequate to do so. It has merit, whether you believe it or not at the moment. (And I am not asking you to have “faith”!)

Although it may not happen regularly, I assume you have experienced strong emotion at one time or other in your life. At those key moments, there is a chance to harness an incredible internal power to focus your will to productive ends. No, it is not new, and Dr. LaVey didn’t invent it….many others have utilized similar methods, such as many martial artists, yogis and shamans, etc. But please do not scoff at this until you have actually given some honest attempts at empowering yourself with it. You may be amazed at what you have so long ignored!

The way I see it, your compassion is just unfocused ritual. If you used ritual properly (There IS a Compassion Ritual in TSB), you would not be so compelled to randomly dole out help to the poor and downtrodden. You could then save your empathy for a truly deserving individual.

I wish you well!
HAIL SATAN!

-Nadine

#175128 - 07/04/06 01:49 AM Re: Am I too compassionate to be a Satanist? [Re: evalUate]
Zephirus Offline

Thanks, Nadine. Going forward, I will keep an open mind on the topic of magic and ritual. I was just stating that right now, the concept is kind of odd/foreign to me. Certainly doesn't mean I'll always feel that way!

#175129 - 07/04/06 02:42 AM Re: Am I too compassionate to be a Satanist? [Re: Zephirus]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>I'm just not into that stuff, and never will
>>be under any cirumstances. I am a man of science,
>>period.

Sounds like you take quite a dogmatic, conformist approach to science, not to mention being so sure of what you will or will never take interest in at any point in your life. I find that the people who are the most insistent on "not being able" to formally ritualize are those who are too self-conscious with the idea. They say "I'd feel silly doing that" even with nobody else in the room. They're afraid of willingly entering a subjective state, even if they'd still be in control in the back of their mind. They usually lack the concept of aesthetics too, and would just as well have no clue how to behave at a wedding or funeral.

>>In my opinion, the ritualistic side of any religion
>>is counter-productive and a waste of time, as much as
>>praying is.

The Satanic Bible makes it pretty clear why praying, with its apprehensive nature and all, is counter-productive. However the importance and benefit of organized ceremony is also explained. Are you sure you read that whole chapter "Some Evidence of a New Satanic Age"?

Also out of curiosity, tell me: are you one of those people who can't watch a movie without analyzing every scene, and telling everybody else in the room why one thing or another "couldn't happen"? Just wondering.

>>To me, Satanism is a philosophy, not a religion.

No, Satanism is a religion, not a philosophy. Religions include ceremony and dogma; philosophies do not. The fact that Satanism is non-theistic is irrelevant.

>>The Satanic Bible talks of the "strong" and the "weak,"
>>but being a big advocate of relativism,

Except when it comes to treating the scientific method as absolute dogma for reality, right? Anyway...

>>I have to argue: who defines those terms?

Nature, for the most part. Othertimes it's largely the self. Granted, "The Strong" and "The Weak" are not so finely defined and objective that every person or entity (businesses, restaurants, etc.) can be neatly placed in one category. But you can certainly look around this world and find two people where one is clearly inferior to the other. At some point you'll find two people where the differences are so great that it just defies common sense to say everybody is equal in ability and accomplishment.

>>As I understand TSB (and I may be interpreting it
>>incorrectly), the homeless would be considered weak,
>>and we should just leave them to die. Is this correct?

If a Satanist wants to give money to a bum, that's his or her own prerogative. Of course, we're not obligated to either. To paraphrase from The Satanic Bible, "There are some people who aren't happy unless they're helping others. Many of us, however, do not fit into this category." And with regards to the popcorn story, some concepts that are corollaries of The Satanic Bible are the 9 sins, and solipsism (in this case meaning projecting certain feelings and expecting things in return) is one of them.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#175130 - 07/04/06 03:35 AM Re: Am I too compassionate to be a Satanist? [Re: Bill_M]
weles Offline

Loc: California
Not being able to explain something doesn't mean it isn't there. Since I have not applied it, I do not know whether or not Satanic ritual allows one to focus their mind to harness an undescribed phenomenon or not.

For me, if someone describes a phenomenon as inhrently unknowable and then proceeds to give me a litany of specific details regarding the unknowable (which is what Xtianity does), I don't trust it for a minute. Heaven exists beyond all human knowing save after death, yet here is a list of entry requirements? Yeah, whatever.

However, I am much more open to "we're not sure why this works, but there is an observable impact on the universe you can see and feel when you do this thing." At least it's not "do this thing, and when you're dead, it'll totally pay off."

"But I don't have to know an answer. I don't feel frightened by not knowing things..." - Richard Feynman

The idea that by ritual (or certain other circumstance) one can enter a frame of mind where you become capable of things you didn't previously believe possible is not scientifically impossible. My preferred language for understanding such things manifest is also the language of science, and I am skeptical of any description which purports for a phenomenon to be inherently beyond understanding. I am not skeptical of the idea that there are things we don't yet understand, I'm just skeptical of any idea which claims to provide understanding until I've verified it for myself.

"What I cannot create, I do not understand." -- Feynman again

However, I think there are a lot of things about the universe we don't understand yet and am not totally dismissive of the idea that ritual may play a role in our access to and understanding of some of these phenomena (though I admit that my initial reaction to prevailing antirationalism in our society is to be resistatnt to the idea that ritualism and rationalism can be reconciled).

I do want to know why things work, to the fullest extent of my ability to do so, and thus remain Skeptical of any explanation which I can not explain, and dismissive of ones which claim I couldn't ever possibily hope to understand them because the mystery is just too great.

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." -- Einstein

Scientific, rational understanding is a fetish for me. Whatever observable phenomena others may ascribe to ritual, magick, and the preternormal, however tangible the phenomenon, I will attempt to discover and understand the reductionist, mechanistic explanation for. I don't think there is only one way to describe understanding of and interaction with the universe, but for me I find the aesthetics of scientific understanding to hold great appeal. I will still use a tool I don't understand if it works when I apply it, but that won't stop me from trying to analyze its operations.

"Whenever a theory appears to you as the only possible one, take this as a sign that you have neither understood the theory nor the problem which it was intended to solve." - Karl Popper

(Quotations from physcists and philosophers are another fetish of mine, clearly.)

#175131 - 07/04/06 04:25 AM Re: Am I too compassionate to be a Satanist? [Re: weles]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>The idea that by ritual (or certain other circumstance)
>>one can enter a frame of mind where you become capable of
>>things you didn't previously believe possible is not
>>scientifically impossible.

Even if we disregard the whole concept of Greater Magic, just for the sake of the argument here, it's clear that humans have always made use of ritualized expression, whether for religious or secular means. There is no "scientific" reason why we should watch a descending sphere on January 31st, shoot 21 guns into the air at certain events, or use our breath to extinguish flaming sticks on the anniversary of our date of birth. But there are reasons why we humans do these things, and it's not just for "tradition". Likewise, as the Satanic Bible mentions, Satanism recognizes both the science of psychology and the benefits of emotionalizing through ritual and dogma.

>>I don't think there is only one way to describe
>>understanding of and interaction with the universe,
>>but for me I find the aesthetics of scientific
>>understanding to hold great appeal.

I do too, speaking as a mathematician myself. Though that's also what I love about the second half of The Satanic Bible. LaVey took an Occam's Razor to the occult world, and tried to see what works, why it works, and most importantly what it truly means for a ritual to "work". The first sentence of the Book of Belial brilliantly sums up so many things.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#175132 - 07/04/06 04:33 AM Re: Am I too compassionate to be a Satanist? [Re: weles]
SueW Offline
CoS Member

Loc: TN,United States
Quote:

Another is my lack of interest in accepting the notion that someone is my better based on organizational title (I balk at this in the work I do in order to pay for my otherwise nice life, why would I take on more heirarchy socially?). I do not consider anyone to be my better, and do not accept what someone says to be true simply based on their role as a formal authority figure (and I do find myself not in full agreement with some of the writings of CoS leadership

If the hierarchy were merely some kind of mystical clique, then I would agree with you- however, I believe that NOT to be the case. Nor did any invisible god/friend put them there by divine right to rule. They did not get there by large charitable contributions. They got there by living ,by studying, by accomplishing.
As you view the social interactions between really active members like BillM, UVRay, Virus9 ,Daark(these are NOT the only ones) and the general population of the board at all levels of experiance and learning,I think that process becomes evident in the level of response.Even more so, when the Magisters such Nemo and Svengali fine tune what has been said by all-or offer direction to where a clue of an answer might be found.

Quote:

(and I do find myself not in full agreement with some of the writings of CoS leadership).

I am sure that you saw this coming. I admit being curious about this statement.Which ones?

#175133 - 07/04/06 10:27 AM Re: Am I too compassionate to be a Satanist? [Re: Tiberia]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Oh, that's a great image.

I occasionally get the half-baked ones who try to rant to me about how it sucks to be homeless, until I walk off.

There is one homeless person I'm always happy to see, back where I go to school. He's always well-dressed, with a coat and quaint little cap, and he knows nearly everything about everything. He referred me to the film Iphegenia, gave me a brief history of the exploits of General Zhukov, and just generally shared fascinating (and, when I fact-checked them, startlingly accurate) facts about history and philosophy. I could scarcely retain it all.

Oh, and there's one woman I often see near the pedestrian promenade where I live, who is not homeless, but is one of those people who lives on the edge. She's morbidly, extremely obese, and wheelchair-bound, so it looks like she can't work or something, because whenever her rent is about due, she's out there, singing for change. She has the most amazing voice! Granted, it's not the best situation for her to be in, but I am at least impressed that she's found some way of getting by and using her skills, unlike the fully able-bodied kids who saunter up, shake their filthy dredlocks, and ask for change.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#175134 - 07/04/06 11:03 AM Re: Am I too compassionate to be a Satanist? [Re: TrojZyr]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
He sounds like a very fascinating person. I would venture that you are one of the few he has met that can appreciate his intellect.

There is a common tactic that is used by the homeless in the beach areas down there. One afternoon I was approached by a guy with a dog and he was asking for change to buy dog food. So, I went into the corner market, bought a can of alpo, and told him to feed the dog.

#175135 - 07/04/06 12:50 PM Re: Am I too compassionate to be a Satanist? [Re: Zephirus]
Ares Offline

Quote:

First, the whole magic bit about halfway through the book lost me. Not lost in the sense that it was confusing or too heady for me. I'm just not into that stuff, and never will be under any cirumstances. I am a man of science, period. If this disqualifies me as a Satanist, so be it, as I'm not one to lie to myself about my beliefs and values. It's one of the reasons Christianity and other religions are such a turn-off to me: too much of what I call "hocus pocus." In my opinion, the ritualistic side of any religion is counter-productive and a waste of time, as much as praying is. If I want something, I take sensical, earthly actions to achieve it. To me, Satanism is a philosophy, not a religion. Throughout my whole life, it's always the philosophies (Satanism, Taoism, etc) that have attracted me, NOT religions.

Magic is not what you are thinking. It is not "hocus-pocus," voodoo, mumbo jumbo. Rituals are more like plays that are specifically geared for a certain type of feeling or emotion, just like in plays, they have comedies, tragedies, and melo-dramas, rituals target compassion, destruction, and lust.

It targets that emotion, trys to stir up psychodrama, in order to cause progression within the Satanist psychologically, and subconsciously.

Its like personal therapy if you will; so being a "man of science," has nothing to do with being against Satanic rituals, because they involve nothing that hinders science, however in the ritual room it works better to embrace the illusions.

I personally use the smoke and mirrors that Hollywood has so graciously doted upon the Satanist, because I find it adds to the fun, and aesthetics of the ritual experience.

Quote:

Second, on the topic of compassion. I'm a person who believes we're all born a clean slate. Any hereditary mental/physical disabilities aside, we are a product of our environment and our upbringing.

So your saying a lion, if it's raised lovingly will always be sweet and tame, and never turn on the humans or smaller animals around it? Certainly not.

Quote:

I believe everyone has potential to be successful and to achieve a level of greatness (whatever that may be for that person).

True; but Satanists tend to be "ahead of the curve," if you will, .

Quote:

The Satanic Bible talks of the "strong" and the "weak," but being a big advocate of relativism, I have to argue: who defines those terms?

Nature; there is strong and there is weak, there is predators, and there is is prey. Social Darwinism is all around us, whether you choose to see it or not, is up to you.

Quote:

What one person defines as strong, others might consider weak.

That is because society has a distorted view of what is strong and what is weak.

Nature however has the exact and precise definition of what is strong and what is weak. The strong thrive and survive, and the weak are ruled by the strong, are at the their mercy, and usually perish before their natural time.

Quote:

As I understand TSB (and I may be interpreting it incorrectly), the homeless would be considered weak, and we should just leave them to die. Is this correct? Obviously, being a person who is capable of objective and logical thought, I can say that many homeless are where they are due to pure laziness. But that may not always be the case. Is it possible that a powerful CEO could one day be homeless, due to whatever circumstances? Absolutely. I've always had a soft spot for the homeless, I'm not sure why. It pains me to think that there are people who have no roof over their head. Yet I am wary of the portion of the homeless who are nothing more than leeches.

Why is it any concern to the Satanist, whether or not, drug-users, drunkards, and the mentally ill have a roof over there head? Is their not shelters for these people?

Quote:

Recently, I was in a gourmet popcorn store in the city, and an apparently homeless guy walked in and asked if I could buy him some popcorn. Sure, why not? I won't give them money ever, but my policy is, once in a while I'll buy them food. So I buy this guy a bag of popcorn, and he walks off, WITHOUT EVEN A THANKS. Mother-fucker!! And I'm sure many of you are reading this, chuckling and thinking "I told you so." You're right. I extended myself to this guy, and he was a fucking ingrate. If I wasn't concerned with him physically harming me in a dark alley, I would've planted a big fat footprint on his ass and told him to go to hell. So, do you ignore the homeless who ask for money or food? Is it within the Satanist's beliefs to do so?

Judging from your experiences, what do you think?

Quote:

What if it's winter out, and you see a homeless woman and child on the steps of a building, freezing their asses off. Then what?

What could you possibly do for them?

Now regarding the general nature of compassion, I see no problem helping out the deserving every so often, however my code is the following;

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature."

Edited by Ares (07/04/06 12:54 PM)

#175136 - 07/04/06 01:13 PM Re: Am I too compassionate to be a Satanist? [Re: Zephirus]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Non-local
Much of what I have to say has already been stated, so I will sum up my ideas with a couple of short sentences here.

On Magic: Rituals are tools, they do not conflict with science. The two are not mutually exclusive. Ritual is simply using belief to elicit the desired emotion and effect from yourself, so that your will may be done, whatever it might be at that time.

On homeless people: Responsibility to the responsible. Linguascelesta's situation is a prefect example of how willpower and action can get you where you want to go. Doing so, however, is not always easy. Weigh the options. Which seems the most useful? Which seems least? Which one has the best balance in terms of usefulness over those results that hinder you? Decide, then act.

#175137 - 07/04/06 01:25 PM Re: Am I too compassionate to be a Satanist? [Re: SueW]
weles Offline

Loc: California
Quote:

If the hierarchy were merely some kind of mystical clique, then I would agree with you- however, I believe that NOT to be the case. Nor did any invisible god/friend put them there by divine right to rule. They did not get there by large charitable contributions. They got there by living ,by studying, by accomplishing.

I don't doubt their accomplishments, I just don't defer to someone simply because they are accomplished. I respect accomplishment infinitely more than empty title, but even so, for me, someone being "right" is determined on an point-by-point basis. In my career, I work with some of the best and the brightest. However, if they make a point I don't agree with, after careful reconsideration if I still disagree their title won't cause their argument to have any further weight. I lose a measure of respect if they try to use their title to suppress dissent without even hearing it, or to enforce their will to flaunt their power even if their decision is to the detriment of accomplishing the shared goal of they and their subordinates. I accuse nobody here of doing that, I am just wary of it generally being a trait of heirarchal organization.

Quote:

Even more so, when the Magisters such Nemo and Svengali fine tune what has been said by all-or offer direction to where a clue of an answer might be found.

They are intelligent and well-spoken (well-written, I suppose), and I find their postings interesting (though taht doesn't mean I'm going to agree with them on every or perhaps even most things).

Quote:

(and I do find myself not in full agreement with some of the writings of CoS leadership).

I am sure that you saw this coming. I admit being curious about this statement.Which ones?

Having baited my own trap, I am now obligated to step into it. Let me preface it by saying that I find that all the CoS leaders who have written on the CoS website have said at least some things I agree with, so I am not targeting any particular person at all.

I will limit myself to a couple statements, both on the official CoS website.

Perhaps the 5th point of Pentagonal revisionism I don't necessarily disagree with, but require clarification before deciding. It reads at first like a call to unrealistic isolationism. The use of the word polyglot seems to me to be an attack on multiculture (rather than a perhaps more deserving attack on Multiculturalism). What's wrong with different languages? Learning about how different languages afford different kinds of expressive capability is interesting. The multiculture has brought me sushi, burritos, curry, kung-fu movies, taiko drumming, and an array of other sensual delights I'm not willing to surrender for the abstract ideal of isolationism, which doesn't work anyway. No matter how isolated you are, someone will find you and bother you, so it is best to be prepared for that. However, if all it means is that people should be able to self-affiliate with others they find interesting, that's fine.
I just think that totally withdrawing from the larger world and avoiding everyone who is not like-minded is unrealistic. The statement of this principle in "Satanism: The Feared Religion" is more compellingly phrased, for me, in terms of pleasuredomes and theme parks. I find that presentation of the idea more realistic.

Quote:

While there are provable biological differences between the races and statistically demonstrable performance levels in various activities, it is quite irrational to think that someone can be elite or not simply because of the color of their skin. Even if one comes from promising genetic stock, and by that we mean from ancestors who have proven their abilities to be superior in performance, this does not guarantee an individual's advancement.

I fully agree with the sentiment that genetic stock does not guarantee advancement. However, whether one's ancestors are proven to have superior performance abilities depends on ones metric. If someone values physical prowess over intellectualism, they may claim one group of genetic ancestors superior to another. Even in the intellectual realms, if one's value system prefers, say, edifice building to hunting ability, or shipbuilding to herbalism, there will be a different selection of which ancestors are more promising. There appears to be an implication (perhaps I am reading it "incorrectly") that the measure of superiority of genetic inheritance is objective, and that so is the Satanic assessment of Elite accomplishment. I think assessment of someones worth as a fellow Elite very much reflects one's internal value system and not an objective measure of universal performance. Just because I prefer European or Asian aesthetics and sciences, and consider people Elite based on their abilities in applying them, does not make them objectively superior. A wide variety of abilities and accomplishments, some of which I personally would find uninteresting, are possible. And, there are plenty of Western achievements I find dubious, which in some academic circles rampantly displace other ideas simply because they are Western. Here's one example: Christianity.

I'm fairly certain there are more things I could quibble with, as I'm pretty certain about my own ideals and ethics and have found universal agreement on them with nobody (so far). But honestly, I'm starting to get tired of being on the Internet right now, so I hope those will suffice to satisfy your curiosity about at least the kinds of statements I don't necessarily agree with.

#175138 - 07/04/06 01:57 PM Re: Am I too compassionate to be a Satanist? [Re: Zephirus]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
It's much more easy than you are making it out to be. If you have to ask and explain, then the answer whould be very clear.

#175139 - 07/04/06 02:05 PM Re: Am I too compassionate to be a Satanist? [Re: Bill_M]
Zephirus Offline

Forgive me if I don't reply to everyone at once, it's the 4th and we've got activities to indulge in.

Bill_M:
You're half-right about your assessment about my feelings of ritual. I guess I would feel a bit silly. But you're wrong about my concept of aesthetics, and I do know how to behave at a wedding, funeral, etc. I'm not as closed off to the supernatural as you'd think. And no, I don't analyze movies as you suggest. I simply watch and enjoy. Sometimes I take it a bit further. Watching the movie "Suspect Zero" actually made me buy a couple books on astral projection. Is that a shocker? So, I suppose it has to do with the fact that I'm partaking in a religious ritual. I am *not* a religious person and never have been. This is why I can fully explore things like astral projection, but not rites of magic: because there is no religion attached to astral projection. But hey, I didn't choose Satanism, it chose me. Its philosophies match who I am very well. So whether I delve into ritual at some point or not, I still consider myself a Satanist.

As far as strong vs. weak, my point is that there's always a bigger shark out there. Show me two people, side by side, one who is a total loser and slacker who just leeches off everyone, and the other who has a job at a store and is self-reliant. So guy #2 is "stronger" than guy #1. Now, I'll put next to *him* a person who used to be poor and worked hard to pay for his own education, built himself from nothing, and now makes six figures. Now who's strong? The new guy in this equation can look at guy #2 and call him weak because he's working at a store when his true dream job is working for himself as a freelance architect, and he's making no efforts to make that dream come true. See my point? Strong/weak is relative.

I think weles and I are on the same page right now. I recognize the tenets of Satanism in myself, but I'm a bit apprehensive about the ritual side of things, until I actually see it work for me. Not sure how much of that weles agrees with, but that's how I feel. And to be honest, I suppose I'm not open-minded enough to just jump right in. For this kind of thing, I have to approach it slowly. Nemo knows what I'm talking about.

Ares:
I think using the lion is not a good analogy. Certain animals are born with instincts to prey on certain types of animals. Humans are born with instincts of self-preservation, and pleasure-seeking. Humans are very much a product of their environments. Given two babies of equal mental and physical qualities, drop one into a crime-ridden ghetto, and drop the other into a highly educated, well-to-do area, and check up on them in 20 years. Do you think that strength and drive is innate? If so, do you think the baby who is raised in the ghetto will have the ability to reject the values of his fellow citizens and rise above it to make his life into something better? Just food for thought.

As far as what I've learned from the popcorn parasite, yes. I sure did learn a valuable lesson there. I can admit my faults. I'm too idealistic. To a fault. It's obviously something I need to work on.

One more question on ritual. Let's say someone has wronged me in a big enough way that is beyond me just shrugging it off. Rather than perform a ritual, isn't it more productive (and possibly more Satanic) to plot a way to really fuck with this person? Wouldn't it be better to go pour chemicals all over their car to destroy the paint, than to perform a ritual, for example? To me, that's true revenge. Performing a destruction ritual against someone who's wronged me just seems more reactive than proactive.

#175140 - 07/04/06 02:16 PM Re: Am I too compassionate to be a Satanist? [Re: Zephirus]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Non-local
Quote:

Wouldn't it be better to go pour chemicals all over their car to destroy the paint, than to perform a ritual, for example?

Of course, that would be vandalism, which is illegal, so no, it really wouldn't. Remember to weigh the pros and cons to each possible course of action.

#175141 - 07/04/06 02:20 PM Re: Am I too compassionate to be a Satanist? [Re: Valek]
WolfMoon Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Wouldn't it be better to go pour chemicals all over their car to destroy the paint, than to perform a ritual, for example?

Of course, that would be vandalism, which is illegal, so no, it really wouldn't. Remember to weigh the pros and cons to each possible course of action.

Good point, Valek. This is what many do not understand for some reason. The ritual's purpose is to vent your anger towards that person so you no longer are concerned with them. Commiting illegal acts will not help you, but will put your own life at stake, and that is quite counter-productive.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
43869 Topics
405524 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements