Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#175832 - 07/06/06 09:53 AM Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism
Happy Birthday x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
A couple of weeks ago, there was some random shooting on the streets in one of the bigger cities here, a white guy ran through the shopping streets and killed 3 people from Arabian origin, one was a little child, now all Muslim imans and splinter groups have declared war to the white race, in the meantime, some people have been beaten to death and so-on..even some neo-nazi groups have joined in to retaliate situations.
it's a bit escalating and we have elections soon, a friend of mine said that he felt like 'guilty of being white'(which is a punkrock song actually).
I bet in the States, situations like that do happen all the time, overhere it's kinda rare. Every-one is tensed and all shady acting, which is incredible stupid of course, might be a non-satanic topic..but proves again how the herd are acting in both camps.

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#175833 - 07/06/06 10:21 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
White Guilt is just one more face of bull shit "let's help people make excuses" thinking. I am white, part of an inter-rational family; and, have had white supremacy literature left on my front lawn...the only lawn on my street to have received this trash. Just because I am white does not convict me. The actions of scum who try to make color an issue...on either side, are the trouble makers.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#175834 - 07/06/06 10:28 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Kestrel Offline

Loc: Cambridge, England
Situations like that happen all over the world, and have happened for centuries. Anywhere that you have mixed race, religious or cultural backgrounds. I've always believed that people are entitled to there own opinions and beliefs as long as they don't affect me. My friends and I always agree to disagree (we never agree on anything, but thats why I consider them friends, we respect each other).

Unfortuantly there are too many religious fanatics out there who take things to the extreme for what ever reasons, causing other fanatics to retaliate. This has always happened and probably always will. A lot of people in this world are closed minded, ignorant or of low intellegence to stop and think for themselves therefore they panic and follow the masses.

You should never feel guilty about what colour your skin is, we all bleed the same.

Kestrel

#175835 - 07/06/06 10:32 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
CoS Member

Yes, i just wondered why some-one would feel guilty about their race coz a crime like this had happened.

|| Benjamin Franklin ||

|| George Bernard ||

#175836 - 07/06/06 10:36 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
>>I bet in the States, situations like that do happen all the time

Really? Do you have any evidence to support that?

I have lived in the US most of my life and I have never seen anything like that. Racism is not as popular as you may think in the US.

To be honest, the European model of law enforcement leaves a lot to be desired. Not saying it does not have its strong points, but the solipsism and passiveness of it all are a bit telling.

“In the US there must be gun fights at every street corner.” Yeah, and I have to shoot three people just to get into a coffee café every day.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#175838 - 07/06/06 11:04 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Serua Offline

Loc: Canada
I spent a great deal of time in my youth in areas that were mainly native. These were very poor areas and these particular natives despised white people. They taught their chldren to hate white people too, I was involved in many a fight to defend myself simply because of the colour of my skin.

I do not hate native people, nor do I feel badly for being white. I understand that these people were simply representing themselves, they were stupid and full of anger/hate. Many others of other races are also stupid and full of anger and hate.

When something like this happens, yes, some of the 'sheep' will jump to retaliate without thought. Isn't that what they do? I began using the terms 'sheep' and 'herd' long ago, long before I had ever heard of the CoS or found this board. I think, herd mentality is the best description one can give. It's just mankind doing what it has always done, they simply find new reasons to justify it.

As to the origonal action that started the chain...."Stupidity gives birth to only further stupidity".

#175839 - 07/06/06 11:10 AM What happened [Re: x9x]
AEnigma Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Belgium
I believe the killings you refer to were the ones done by a disturbed 18-year-old. He shot a white girl and her African au-pair who were walking in the street, and one Turkish woman. The Turkish woman survived, the others did not.
Immediately press and politics jumped on it to accuse this kid of racist killings, and to blame the Flemish nationalist party for it - how predictable. The killings were called racist even before there was any evidence at all of a racist motive.
I do think the killer set out to shoot coloured people, and that he did not originally intend to kill 2-year-old white girls. But above all, he expected to be shot dead by the police. Moreso than a racist motive, this kid had a deah wish. Unfortunately for him, things didn't quite turn out as he had hoped - the police shot him, but he lived.

Nothing new under the sun, I'm afraid. Both sides of the political fence, and especially the media, jump on the bandwagon, with one minister even proclaiming everybody who voted for the Flemish nationalist party as responsible for creating the climate in which a tragic event like this could happen. That is almost 1/4 of the Flemish population that he is holding repsonsible. Good thinking... I'm pretty sure I know which party will be gaining votes next elections.

The real political issue was, in my eyes, how an 18-year old did not need a license to buy a gun and ammo, which he did right before going on his shooting spree. Walked into an arms shop, bought a shotgun and ammunition, left the shop, loaded the gun, and set out to shoot people in the streets. I'm not against gun ownership, but there should be some regulation (and since this incident, there is).

And honestly, neo-nazi's and the like have been beating up coloured people for quite some time now, just like immigrants have been beating and robbing whites for like, forever. There are area's where the police does not dare to patrol anymore because of the violence they would face. I'm not sure that there is an increase of that, only that it hits the news more now.

And honestly, I'm not sure that there would have been such a media hype had there not been a two-year-old girl involved. That pushed more buttons than any alleged racist killing...

Trivia: two brothers of the shot Turkish woman are going to make a film about the events .

COS Folding @Home Team
Des Duivels (on Satanism in Dutch)
Des Duivels Forum (Satanic forum in Dutch)
Temple of the Vampire

Kindly leave your morals at the wardrobe.

#175840 - 07/06/06 11:15 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
>>I bet in the States, situations like that do happen all
>>the time, overhere it's kinda rare.

I wouldn't say that things like this happen "all the time", but there's certainly racial tension going on in the US. It's not all towards arabs and the other minorities either; just look at the double-standard of what entertainers like Dave Chappelle get away with. But unfortunately I think people are afraid to speak out against certain radical Muslim groups for fear of being branded as a racist.

>>but proves again how the herd are acting in both camps.

I see both the guilt-filled white liberals and the white supremecists having the same core assumption: that one personally had something to do with what one's ancestor's did. It's the idea that a white person can take either blame or credit for what white people did in the past. I'm white, but I don't kid myself into thinking that I'm somehow responsible for enslavement OR the Renaissance.

Though when it comes to herd conformity among non-whites, one of the biggest problems I see is their buying into the notion that "pride" comes from conforming to racial stereotypes and sticking to race-targeted fads. Sad to say, so many of them believe that buying certain clothes, consuming certain drinks or cigarettes, and listening to certain music is "preserving culture". I suppose there's some degree of inevitability that, say, one will end up liking a certain type of music more than others because that's what was in the environment they grew up in, but I still see a lot of herd conformity going on.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#175841 - 07/06/06 11:29 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Bill_M]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I see both the guilt-filled white liberals and the white supremecists having the same core assumption: that one personally had something to do with what one's ancestor's did. It's the idea that a white person can take either blame or credit for what white people did in the past. I'm white, but I don't kid myself into thinking that I'm somehow responsible for enslavement OR the Renaissance.

Though when it comes to herd conformity among non-whites, one of the biggest problems I see is their buying into the notion that "pride" comes from conforming to racial stereotypes and sticking to race-targeted fads. Sad to say, so many of them believe that buying certain clothes, consuming certain drinks or cigarettes, and listening to certain music is "preserving culture". I suppose there's some degree of inevitability that, say, one will end up liking a certain type of music more than others because that's what was in the environment they grew up in, but I still see a lot of herd conformity going on.

You got it. Bingo, bingo, bingo.

I hate "pride." It's stupid, whether it's "America pride," "black pride," "white pride," whatever.

I think it's cool to like your own culture and take pride in it, in the sense that you are glad to be part of it and want to learn about it and respectfully and authentically preserve it.

But, most of the "pride" people a) act like they did something to be proud about b) don't really know what they're really supposed to be proud of c) don't personally have much to be proud of and d) are proud of the really shitty, destructive, or superficial parts of their "culture."

The only "pride" I let slide is gay pride. For now!

The ashamed white liberals and the white supremacists have another thing in common: victim mentality/sympathy to the victim mentality, and a minimization of personal responsibility.

"I don't have a job because X took it from me! I must fight group X!"

"X didn't get a job because I applied for it, and I'm a member of group Y! I stole X's job as a Y member!"

(Here come the YMCA jokes...)

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#175842 - 07/06/06 11:30 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Discipline]
CoS Member

Quote:

>>I bet in the States, situations like that do happen all the time

Really? Do you have any evidence to support that?

I'm not believing everything i read or see on the tube, but the 30.000 people that are killed every year in murdercases by a gun in the US are lies then?
I have no evidence black on white, but i believe it's a more common thing overthere than it happens here, that was my point actually.
I leave the fact open that alot of idiots can't handle the ownership of a gun in a responsable way.
I'm not even saying that racism is more popular overthere, since it's a global act of stupidity.

|| Benjamin Franklin ||

|| George Bernard ||

#175843 - 07/06/06 12:36 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
ModernTantalus Offline

In the United States it's become so unfashionable to be racist that things have gone in the opposite direction. Biologists and sports scientists have been labeled racist for saying that black people are genetically superior to white people in athletic performance! Bill Cosby was also seen as a racist and a traitor to his people when he suggested that black people stop blaming white people for their problems and do something to better themselves like he did. The whole situation has gotten so absurd that it goes from an intolerance of racism to a violation of our first amendment rights.

#175844 - 07/06/06 12:44 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
150,000 people die a day throughout the world. If there is a conflict or a natural disaster then that number increases. But that is all just statistics. Mark Twain once said that statistics are basically propped up lies.

I am not sure where you are getting that number. Could you provide a source?

From John Lott's The Bias Against Guns he has supplemental tables in the back of his book that cover the percentage of violent shooting in the US from 1977 to 1997. In 1997 the percent of murders in multiple victim public shootings were 0.0627 (per 100,000 people) and injuries in multiple victim public shootings were 0.1142. That is a bit dated information because he did not have the full resources to go all the way to the year of the book's publication in 2003. But that is relatively a small number.

I dare not give a number for 2004 or 2005 because I have no researched or accurate data to support such claims. But numbers are just numbers.

Why does the media always report the number of assaults with a firearm instead of the number of preventive defense stories with firearms? This is because it does not make a profit and it is boring to the average consumer. There is also the fact that not many people report incidents where the would-be criminal ran off from the threat of an armed victim.

As for the whole racial thing, I have lived in five different states and visited many more. I even lived a bit in Mississippi and never once did I see a racial rampage. I may have witnessed fools shooting off at the mouth about race, but I never witnessed an incident of racially motivated violence. Drunk violence or theft violence is a different matter. Though, I am sure there are racially motivated crimes, but from my personal experience I have seen none.

I agree most people can't handle firearms responsible, but there are those that can and they should not be hindered in their ability to protect themselves because of unrelated morons.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#175845 - 07/06/06 02:43 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: ModernTantalus]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Quote:

In the United States it's become so unfashionable to be racist that things have gone in the opposite direction. Biologists and sports scientists have been labeled racist for saying that black people are genetically superior to white people in athletic performance!

urban legend

Quote:

Bill Cosby was also seen as a racist and a traitor to his people when he suggested that black people stop blaming white people for their problems and do something to better themselves like he did.

Remember the finders versus looters fiasco? Not one person pointed out that both of those small articles came from different news agencies, therefore were written by different people.

Quote:

The whole situation has gotten so absurd that it goes from an intolerance of racism to a violation of our first amendment rights.

lol I try to avoid black people so they won't call me racist plus I don't want to deal with the smell.

#175846 - 07/06/06 02:51 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Nidhogg]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
Quote:

urban legend

Tell that to Jimmy the Greek.

Quote:

I try to avoid black people so they won't call me racist plus I don't want to deal with the smell.

I will now try to avoid your posts so I don't have to deal with the stupidity.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#175847 - 07/06/06 03:12 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Minus]
ModernTantalus Offline

Quote:

I will now try to avoid your posts so I don't have to deal with the stupidity.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406368 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements