Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#175895 - 07/07/06 03:41 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: RandomStranger]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Quote:

Hitler was preparing to invade through Belgium and France. March 1940; there was a meeting on one town where a few hundred men showed up with orders to prepare to battle.

There was, however, nothing but arguing in the town square. So much so that the Comandant had trouble getting every one's attention. He raised his bullhorn and shouted into it:

"What the hell is wrong with you men? Our beloved country is in jeopardy and all you want to do is fight amongst yourselves!?!"

One man shouted:

"I'm not fighting alongside those Flemmish cheese-sniffers!!"

Another man says:

"HEY!! I'm not going anywhere near those Walloon schapenneukers!!!"

And the whole crowd started arguing again.

The Commandant finally managed to quiet the crowd down. He boomed:

"We need to defend our wonderful nation! All the Wallons unwilling to do so go to the north side of the square! All the Flemmish unwilling to defend our nation alongside their countrymen get to the south side of the square!"

After 15 minutes the crowd was seperated and only one man was left in the middle of the square.

The Commandant was shocked.

"Are you prepared to fight for your country?"

"Yes sir!", said the lone man.

Are you prepared to fight along side your fellow countrymen?"

"Are you prepared to die to defend our precious land?" asked the Commandant.

"What is your name, Soldier?"

"Herschel Weinberg, reporting for duty SIR!"

too much! lmao

#175896 - 07/07/06 05:37 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Rattlesnake Offline

Loc: Yurop
It's not a matter of race, but a matter of mentality.

Europe is a place of free speech, free sexuality, free religion. Or at least it's supposed to be.

Arabs are religious fundamentalists, totalitarian and self-righteous. It's part of their religion to "convert or kill unbelievers", I've even found this website by an Iranian royalist, with enough information to prove it.

The weird thing is, non-Arab muslims are far less religious than Arabs. Turks worship the posters of Kemal Ataturk way more than religious worship. Pakistanis don't seem to care about their religion, they just want to sell things. Kurds I've met were mostly communists. European white Muslims such as Albanians, Bosnians, Bulgarians, etc have become mainly Atheists or Agnostics some of them even neo-nazis or skinheads.

Greece, where I live, seems to have found a balance. The government speaks favorably of Palestinians. At the meantime they sign commerce deals with Israel. At the news, pro-Palestinian protests are the headline just to give a positive image to the Arab world, but after midnight police units raid Arab homes, intimidating and sometimes beating them a bit, just to keep them at bay. For now, it seems to work.

#175897 - 07/07/06 07:44 AM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Quote:

The fact that blacks in America do worse that whites, Jews, Asians, and Hispanics in America suggests that it may also have a genetic cause.

But blacks in America also have a different culture from whites, Jews, Asians and Hispanics in America. The value placed on education stands out as a major difference between these two sets of subcultures.

As for having multiple data sets -- although there may be a wide geographic spread, the data sets don't have widely divergent histories. They split pretty neatly into two categories: Africans, and Americans. Both groups have lived under extremely complex and detrimental environmental effects for a very long time, and continue to do so. I'd be interested to see data by country in Africa, ie. how do Senegal, Ghana, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Kenya, or South Africa compare to, say, Rwanda, Ivory Coast, Sudan. How does northern Uganda compare with southern Uganda, etc.

In order for me to buy the "genetic" hypothesis as anything more than tasteless conjecture, I'd have to see one of two things. 1) I'd soften my position if there were data sets that included a "control" -- a representative sample (ie., multiple nations not bound strongly by common history) of blacks who never experienced colonialism or slavery, who were little affected by the Cold War, and who retained a cultural continuity extending more than 200 years. No such sample exists. 2) In the absence of that, if environment factors could be otherwise be eliminated in spite of their number and complexity. The only way I can see this happening is in the due course of natural change, which takes hundreds of years. Without #1 or #2, in my opinion, the genetic hypothesis has no scientific basis.

#175899 - 07/07/06 08:20 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Nidhogg]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Make that four.

#175901 - 07/07/06 08:49 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Tiberia]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim
They failed to realize that in order to avoid modern cleaning methods, they overlooked the supposed roots of their "Natural well being". Tribal cultures came up with natural ways to be clean, before the creation of body soap. They devised ways to in a sense remove toxins and other unhealthy pollutants from their bodies, things consume from their environments. The reason for bad body order is due to pollutants and those toxins being sweated out from the body in a odor form. If one wants to avoid modern dedorants, perfumes, colognes, and other types of products. One should research and seek out an alternative method to cleanse their body. There are natural and now even modern methods and this will also allow the normal natural undisgusting body odors through. These are the natural musk odors human bodies produce, and also what humans use as signals for sexual activity. One needs to sweat or get out of their body Toxins from their environment this is what causes most illnesses, toxins consumed from the environment one lives in.

Anyway, I do not like smelly people like this either. Wiccans always did have everything backwards. Taking from cultures what makes them look cool, and either overlooking or avoiding what allowed these cultures to survive in the world. Very, very disgusting indeed.

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#175903 - 07/07/06 09:44 AM Re: Stereotypes [Re: reprobate]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I agree that blacks in America have a different culture from whites in America; however, they also have a drastically different culture and nutritional outlook than blacks in Africa, hence my understanding that there is clearly something at work here.

I will also readily admit that it would seem that what upper-class blacks exist seem to be more intelligent (I've never seen a statistical breakdown of this), but assuming it's true, that's a difficult statistic to interpret: are they smarter because they are upper class and eat better and suffer less, or are they upper class because they're smarter?

I'm not dead set on believing that it has a genetic basis, as I have no agenda to fulfill; on the other hand, I tend to take the statistics as "partly inconclusive, suggestive of a possible genetic trait linked."

Carkosa's above statement that there are known differences in testosterone levels, a number I admit I've never encountered myself, again seems like it could have profound significance on the answer.

#175904 - 07/07/06 09:53 AM Re: Stereotypes [Re: reprobate]
Neko Offline
CoS Member

There have been studies done that show a genetic link in intelligence, but I am almost positive that they didnít look at different ethnicity, at least not intentionally. What they did show was that even if a child was removed from the family at birth and raised in a nurturing environment that their IQ was still very close to their motherís even years later. There is a link between genetics and intelligence, but it would take some serious research to prove a link to ethnicity as well and I seriously doubt that there are many researchers who would put their career on the line and be labled as a racist.

A study that I would be interested in would be if there is a genetic predisposition for those that are able to move up Maslowís Hierarchy of Needs and if some would stay at about the same level as their biological parents even under the proper conditions for self actualization and transcendence. I really could care less about race though; it won't change how I intereact with people because I still would make assessments on an individual basis.

The Temple | The Elite

#175905 - 07/07/06 10:23 AM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Carkosa]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

These studies are based on hormonal levels of testosterone. It turns out blacks tend to have a higher level.

There are websites that discuss the higher levels of testosterone in blacks, but they might offend some delicate sensibilities here.

#175906 - 07/07/06 10:31 AM lol [Re: $lesk]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Make that four.

yeah nice tattoo "mien heir ist trueu" did I get that right?

hypocrite

#175907 - 07/07/06 10:34 AM Re: lol [Re: Nidhogg]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

No, you didn't.

Die.

#175908 - 07/07/06 10:37 AM Re: Stereotypes [Re: reprobate]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Are you telling me it's not conceivable that cultural, nutritional, or political factors might result in Africans scoring low on IQ tests?

Bingo, bingo, bingo.

IQ is partly inherited, and partly acquired, to the best of my knowledge. If you have brilliant parents but don't get enough nutrients in the womb, or if you get chained to a radiator in a dark closet for most of your life, or if you experience repeated acts of extreme violence and terror early in life, or if you aren't fed properly throughout your life, you may very well emerge with a lower IQ.

I'd also imagine that if members of a particular culture or group value certain qualities or traits over others, they'll tend to pick mates who embody those qualities or traits, and eschew people who don't have those qualities. So, I imagine that cultures that value intelligence would become increasingly more intelligent, because smart people would seek smart people, and would then do things to further nurture the intelligence of their offspring. If a given culture values aggression, strength, or tenacity, then individual people will seek out mates who are more aggressive, strong, or gutsy, so you may come to see higher testosterone levels in those people over time.

So, we have to consider cultural, genetic, relationship-based, educational, economic, and political factors when noting that members of certain races might tend to have different IQs or other kinds of traits.

Also, we have to examine what those IQ tests look like. When Aborigines were expected to memorize sequences of Western objects like combs and scissors, they failed miserably, but when they had to memorize sequences of different kinds of rocks and sticks, they aced those tests. People do better on tests where they can relate to the information because it's relevant to their lives in some way (duh).

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#175909 - 07/07/06 10:41 AM Re: lol [Re: $lesk]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

No, you didn't.

Die.

No I think I did. Is that not a Totenkopf?

also you missed something else I wrote:

Quote:

Whites smell like balogna, blacks smell like burning rubber, asians smell like fish. We all stink, now what stink do you preffer? Get it?

I'll not tell you to die... I'm better than that.

#175910 - 07/07/06 10:47 AM Re: lol [Re: Nidhogg]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

No I think I did. Is that not a Totenkopf?

You got the Totenkopf part right, but you're still wrong.

Quote:

also you missed something else I wrote:

Quote:
Whites smell like balogna, blacks smell like burning rubber, asians smell like fish. We all stink, now what stink do you preffer? Get it?

I smell like gravlaks. End of discussion

#175911 - 07/07/06 10:58 AM Re: lol [Re: $lesk]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
Quote:

He actually called attention to that ridiculous statement? I thought for sure he was hoping no one would notice it.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#175912 - 07/07/06 11:01 AM Re: lol [Re: Minus]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

He actually called attention to that ridiculous statement? I thought for sure he was hoping no one would notice it.

That would've been the smart and sensible thing to do, wouldn't it? And we can't have any of that sort of thing, now can we.

(For those of you with little or no sense of humor, I am being ironic)

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406074 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements