Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#175929 - 07/07/06 12:24 PM Re: Perception [Re: RandomStranger]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Quote:

"no I don't have any black friends. Should I make some? I know many Amerinds, though I wouldn't say that they are my friends."

No more joking around for me now.

Let's talk about Racism, skin color and hatred.

I lived in Oakland, California for many, many years. That is the place on the planet I consider home. Question for people in the USA: aside from a football and baseall team, what comes to mind when you hear about Oakland?

Nice Craftsman houses? Quiet tree lined streets? Beautiful parks in the hills? Neighborhoods with mostly Upper-Middle income whites?

Probably not.

But that's Oakland. Part of it. A friend of mine (because the topic is racisism: he is of mixed background-- Philipino, White American, Mexican (his family ancestory there goes back to the Aztecs, so he claims), and Native American) pointed out something funny to me. He said, "We've been living in Oakland for how long? How come we don't have any Black friends?"

Well, it was very infrequent that a Black person would travel through our circle. When they did, we didn't even care about their color. Were they fun to be around? Were they interesting? Persons of Color get the same treatment from me that everyone else does.

Are they intelligent? Fun to talk to? Time suckage and mutual benefit are the weighing factors here.

Am I a racist? Well, I think that question is best answered in song.

funny song, come to think of it I haven't encountered many blacks outside of recent African immigrants/reffugees. Maybe I'm just reeling from cultureshock or something.

I'm not a fuckin hater.

#175930 - 07/07/06 12:32 PM Re: lol [Re: Soleil Noir]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
Quote:

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

I just noticed this...hilarious!

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#175931 - 07/07/06 12:46 PM Re: lol [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Quote:

I believe the motto you're thinking of is "Meine Ehre heißt Treue." Not that Herr Slesk's Totenkopf is a sure sign that he has this slogan accompanying it, nor that even if he did it would imply Nazi sympathies. It is a beautiful phrase in its own right.

However, I will say this: there is intelligent argument to be made for racial differences, and I will even concede validity to "ethic odors" which are based mostly on diet, but you've not made an intelligent argument, simply made silly sounding statements that do you no credit. I advise backing off before you dig yourself any deeper.

I just caught this, yes I think I'll take your advice. I am off this thread as of now.

#175932 - 07/07/06 12:53 PM Re: lol [Re: Nidhogg]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Wise choice.

#175933 - 07/07/06 02:05 PM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Neko]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Quote:

There have been studies done that show a genetic link in intelligence

Oh, I don't doubt that intelligence is pretty strongly correlated to FAMILY. Just whether there's plausible data correlating intelligence to RACE.

#175934 - 07/07/06 02:15 PM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Well, I still have a reservation about the view you've just expressed.

One thing about this debate that tends to bother me, is whether a conjecture is "motivated" -- whether it's required to explain something in the data that can't be accounted for by the already-known factors, or whether it's being included on the basis of anecdotal evidence or preconceptions. I don't believe YOU are biased, Warlock; but I sometimes hear a stronger version of this line of argument, which could culminate in something like: "It's possible therefore I'm justified in supposing it until you can prove it's not possible".

The statistics, considered in abstract, might be taken, as you say, to "suggest" racial differences; but a suggestion isn't enough to make for a scientifically valid hypothesis.

Now, it may be that in a hundred, two hundred years, we have better data at our disposal; and that data might suggest a correlation between intelligence and race that can't be accounted for by the factors I pointed to. It's possible that might happen.

But right now, we don't seem to have much by way of a good reason for thinking that the environmental factors aren't enough. So although we can imagine scenarios in which it could become reasonable to believe in these racial differences, right now, with the data we actually have (and excluding the data we might imagine we might get in the future), it seems to me a little like positing occult forces.

That's why I don't have much patience for it, and I'm not really willing to grant the stronger version the status of a "reasonable opinion".

I say all this not as a psychologist or anthropologist, but just as a moderately informed person.

#175935 - 07/07/06 03:55 PM Re: Perception [Re: Minus]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Quote:

Great post. You make a great point when you state WHY you didn't hang out with any black people. It wasn't because they were black...it was because the black people you were exposed to in your area did not stimulate you in the least. That is not racism, that is surrounding yourself with people you like.

You do not seem like you would excluded a black person who was stimulating and interesting from your circle merely because he was black. That is the difference between you and a racist.

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y.

#175936 - 07/07/06 04:41 PM My thoughts on racism and bigotry [Re: x9x]
Helliott Offline

Loc: VA
Here's my thoughts on racism:

Some people, for whatever reason, have an emotional need to "feel big." They feel like they should be the kings of their world, and thus they need subjects. They NEED to feel better than somebody, because they're mostly worthless themselves!

So they say that (maybe not in so many words) or act like they're better than others for racial, political, religious, or other reasons, because they have nothing else on which to base their ludacris claims!

And then, to top it all off, they may come up with "reasons" why they better than blacks, mexicans, jews, etc.! "Blame blacks for gang violence!"

Anything to make the worthless feel good about himself, thus fulfilling the ego he claims to deny.
"I come from hell, presently, to take you there!" -Edward "Blackbeard" Teach "You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!" "What must one do to become blessed? That I do not know, but I say to you: 'Be Blessed, and then do whatever you please." -Friedrich Nietzsche

#175937 - 07/07/06 06:54 PM Body Odor... [Re: Nidhogg]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

Whites smell like balogna, blacks smell like burning rubber, asians smell like fish. We all stink, now what stink do you preffer? Get it?

All humans do in fact stink. It really all boils down to "you are what you eat" - in most cases, but not all. I'm not talking about bad hygiene, but natural body odor. I've known people who eat nothing but junk and smoke cigarettes - yet they still smelled better than some vegetarians and vegans that I know. Again...exceptions. Do you know what is the biggest deciding factor in how we percieve and react to body odor? Attraction! You will naturally be very attracted to the body odors of the people you like - at worst, they just won't bother you. If I'm attracted to a man, his armpit odor will not bother me, sometimes I even like it. Put me next to someone I'm not attracted to and their sweatiness will be repulsive to me. Bad hygiene such as smelly feet and bad breath are not appealing to me at all, regardless if I'm attracted to the person. Natural pheremones are different. As far as what stink do I prefer? Germans and Scandinavians!

Edited by Carkosa (07/07/06 06:56 PM)

#175938 - 07/07/06 10:48 PM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Carkosa]
Dark_Adept Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: High Hades
Ever read The Bell Curve Carkosa? It's pretty good and informative. It caught my attention when it came out in the early 90s.

#175939 - 07/07/06 11:12 PM Food for thought Leviathan [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Dark_Adept Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: High Hades
Living in Southern California (LA) some consistent observations have always puzzled me up to this day. Why are there more liquor stores in impoverished areas as well as advertisements for strip clubs in addition to alcohol and tobacco as opposed to more "affluent" areas which just happened to be inhabited by white and jews? Another issue that's gotten my attention was what my wife told me happened to her at her job with a patient she bullshitted with who alleged to be a political associate of Magic Johnson. A few years ago Magic Johnson established a community center and park near Compton (most of you who attended the High Mass joked about Compton so I'm sure you understand where I'm going with this). In the 80s and through the 90s Compton was corrupt and full of drugs, prostitution and somewhat consistent cases of drive by's. In the mid to late 90s Magic Johnson began putting money into the community and rehabilitated felons were given a second chance to participate in the revitalization of their community. With the exception of the Compton Police scanal, Compton has improved significantly compared to 20 years ago. I wouldn't conceive of going there considering some parties in those days ended up there. Now from what I've heard 3rd party from the conversation, this local politician who's also a preacher, mentioned that Magic Johnson had gotten "spooked" from his project on revitalizing Compton. What I mean by spooked was that he was coerced or persuaded, depending on how you look at it, into ceasing his financial venture altogether. Now of course I'd don't believe hearsay, but until this came up, I have noticed that there hasn't been any mention of him for several years now. There are two starbucks in Inglewood, which is a largely black area that's about 3rd in rank to formerly bad areas that was improving since businesses such as these were put into the community. 10-15 years ago, I'm pretty sure that a business such as Starbucks or Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf wouldn't have lasted more than 6 months in such an area. The entire elusiveness of this is a question that no one wants to answer and no reporter dares to venture on, lest he end up assassinated or end up missing. Even Jesse Jackson has decided to "tap dance and cow tow" off the stage due to negative political pressures and influences.

#175940 - 07/08/06 03:08 AM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Dark_Adept]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

Ever read The Bell Curve Carkosa? It's pretty good and informative. It caught my attention when it came out in the early 90s.

No, I have not. Interesting you brought that up, because this conversation inspired me to want to pick that up next week when I go book shopping, along with The Kinsey Report and the updated Satanic Witch (I still have the orange covered one that is now falling apart!).

When it comes to the whole race issue, I find no sympathy for stereotypes. I also find "racial pride" to be ridiculous. Why be proud of something you had no choice in being? It's not a bad thing to be proud of your culture. It's only bad when people think their race or culture was or is superior, so that means they are automatically superior too! When I read statistics that show my ethnicity in a negative light, I don't give a shit. Why? Because I don't identify with that. I am not my race. I am an individual. I am a Satanist! Which I consider a race unto itself! We are born, not made. It is that special seed that makes our choices better and shapes us into what we are. I am proud to be a Satanist because it's the life I chose. It is me. If I see Satanism portrayed in a negative light, I do have every right to be upset because it is what I identify with and it is my choice. It is a reflection on me. Defend and be proud of the things you choose and your accomplishments. That is what truly defines and makes you - not the ethnicity or race you had no choice in being.

Edited by Carkosa (07/08/06 03:18 AM)

#175941 - 07/08/06 12:44 PM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Carkosa]
ModernTantalus Offline

Quote:

Asians have the largest brain size, whites intermediate and Blacks the smallest. (this is being debated by recent studies)

Brain size does not necessarily denote intelligence. If this were the case, the Sperm Whale would be the most intelligent creature on earth. Which I'm not belittling the intelligence of a Sperm Whale, they certainly are not on par with a human being.
Quote:

An IQ of 70 is considered retarded but it is the common IQ score among Africans.

Time and time again it's been shown that there is a cultural and educational bias in IQ tests. After all, you can't very well understand the relation between a Cormorant and a Duck if if you have no idea what a Cormorant is! This lack of knowledge has to do with education and nothing to do with intelligence or logical reasoning. Also, IQ tests measure a standard distribution around a curve, but where people lie on that curve depends on their society. An IQ test designed by Africans for Africans would show most Africans laying around 100 IQ and most whites at below 100. The problem is that most IQ tests are designed by whites, for whites, hence the opposite observation. When considering the results of subjective tests such as IQ tests, it's important to keep in mind the selection bias and cultural biases of the test makers. We also must keep in mind that there's no concrete definition of intelligence, so IQ tests are trying to measure something that we haven't even defined yet!

#175942 - 07/08/06 12:48 PM Re: lol [Re: TattooedKali]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
I've heard that one many times as well, albeit from Pakistani and Indian people who find our dairy-induced odors rather nauseating. It all boils down to culture, I would say. Western people don't notice what odor we emit because everyone has that odor to some degree at all times.

I will not even go into the difference in smell when it comes to flatulence

#175943 - 07/08/06 01:02 PM Re: lol [Re: $lesk]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Silence! The White Man's fart is pure and noble. That of any other race is barely a rank above a simian emission.

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Forum Stats
11893 Members
73 Forums
43641 Topics
404159 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements