Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#175944 - 07/08/06 02:54 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: TrojZyr]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Diet definitely plays a major part in body odor. My youngest sisters ex-boyfriend, who happened to be black, always asserted that white girls smell like spaghettios.

#175945 - 07/08/06 02:57 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: TrojZyr]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

I can't think of anything in response to that other than... !

#175946 - 07/08/06 04:00 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Tiberia]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

My youngest sisters ex-boyfriend, who happened to be black

"There are a couple of terms that are used in connection with minorities, usually by guilty white liberals. First one is "happens to be". He happens to be black. I have a friend who happens to be black. Like it's a fucking accident. He had two black parents? Yes. And they fucked? Yes, yes. So where does the surprise part come in? I sbould think it would be more unusual if he just happened to be Scandinavian. And the other term is "openly". He's openly gay. But this is the only minority they use that for. You know you wouldn't say someone is openly black. Well maybe James Brown. Or Lewis Farakkan! Lewis Farakkan is openly black. Colin Powell is not openly black. Colin Powell is openly white. He just happens to be black." - George Carlin

Sorry, but after you've seen this bit you can't help but think of it every time someone utters that expression.

#175948 - 07/08/06 05:03 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

I see your point, that the term "happen" implies a possible alternative. Under certain circumstances, such as children born to a mixed race couple, which is the case with our grandchildren, the girls happen to be a light brown, but our grandson happened to be very light.

#175949 - 07/08/06 05:07 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Tiberia]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Melanin happens!

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#175956 - 07/09/06 07:42 AM White Man's Flatulence [Re: reprobate]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
The White Man will surely conquer those pesky other races using only the distilled purity of His fart.

Aryan Flatulence, by Coco Chanel.

#175957 - 07/09/06 09:03 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
FoX Offline

Loc: North Carolina ,USA
" Although the most clear-sighted judges of the witches and even the witches themselves were convinced the witches were guilty of witchcraft, no guilt in fact existed. So it is with all guilt." -F.W.Nietzsche

Attachments
357122-whitedevil.JPG (55 downloads)

#175958 - 10/02/06 02:53 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
sethalla Offline

Loc: canada
We must let the human become like they want that sure that if your country try to eliminate a race for false reson maybe that possible the other race reply.In reality your country is at war that normal whit the pression the people turn crazy....change your president and stop yoour raciste war maybe you will understand a day where the lie is from the raciste that just a little invention that not realy alive that a sickness who infect the world.

#175959 - 10/03/06 01:40 PM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
Quote:

I typically discard the entire idea of "EQ." Besides the fact that it reeks of apologetics for low-IQ but highly social washups, it also attempts to counter the fact that many of the greatest productive geniuses are antisocial or asocial. Typically, the smarter the person the more isolated they are from others. It's lonely at the top, but you're in good company.

I can't recall somebody ever defined EQ as "being social".
This is the most up-to-date criteria for EQ (from wikipedia):

Extending Gardner's multiple intelligence, Salovey proposed five categories when defining emotional intelligence. And Goleman(1995) adopted Salovey's definition which divides emotional intelligence into the following five emotional competencies:

1. The ability to identify and name one's emotional states and to understand the link between emotions, thought and action.
2. The capacity to manage one's emotional states — to control emotions or to shift undesirable emotional states to more adequate ones.
3. The ability to enter into emotional states (at will) associated with a drive to achieve and be successful.
4. The capacity to read, be sensitive to, and influence other people's emotions.
5. The ability to enter and sustain satisfactory interpersonal relationships. (Goleman, 1995)

Actually- it was proven that those who have a high EQ level, also have average or higher than average IQ- so one can't really say it "reeks of apologetics for low-IQ but highly social washups"...
There is A LOT of criticism on how intelligence is calculated… I, for one, don't believe there should be a separation between EQ and IQ- I don't think there CAN be.
But I'm just saying- I don't think EQ should be dismissed so easily- I think it's *a step* towards having a correct tool to measure intelligence. The measuring tools we poses are still very insufficient, but I think psychology is on the right path.

(or am I missing somthing here? )

#175960 - 10/03/06 07:22 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
My thoughts are as such:

I have never had an issue with getting along with any color of the human animal. EVER.

What I do have a problem with is the fact that it always seems as if whites are the only ones who seem to have 'race issues'. I have African American friends who tend to agree with me that this is not the case and are of like mind.

When I say this I mean:

I don't feel guilty for being white. A white man blew up a rather large building if we all recall years back. Does that make me a racist for being white?

Jim Jones poisoned a bunch of sheep. Does that make me a racist because his skin was white? Of course not.

What gets me is that I am blamed for the actions of others in a time when I wasn't even a speck in my daddy's eye.

I also blame our history books that children read today. As far as I understand, a bunch of 'cracka's' didn't just hop on a boat and go collect and enslave the African American people. As far as I recollect, they were sold to us by 'higher' African American people. The African Americans were sold out by their own race.

Does that make what happened to them in the States right? Of course not, but I'm not the one to blame.

I mock this whole 'restitution' thing. Being paid back for what happened to their ancestors years prior.

I'm part Irish. Remember how we were treated? Do I want something in return for the way my potatoe farming ancestors were treated? NO.

You know, no matter how far we think we have evolved we are still just beast walking upright. Human animals. People will do as they wilt. There is no changing a persons mind on the whole racial issue. You can watch American History X until your eyes pop out but if you're a racist be it a black, white, red or olive skinned racist you're a racist plain and simple.

I will never feel guilty for being white. It is who I am and nothing (not even a crazy psycho white man with a gun picking off people at a 7-11 will change that).

I don't believe in the whole 'guilty by association' card when it comes to color. You're a racist or you're not.

Either or? Makes no nevermind to me. Be who you are and all I can do is to be who I am.

Good post. It was nice to get some things off my chest. I'm tired of being blamed for things based not on my mind or my actions but that of my skin color.

Whites aren't the only racist out there and I think we all know that. Racism has no color.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#175961 - 10/03/06 08:27 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: RandomStranger]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

In the USA, people have "God Bless America" stickers on cars, stores, houses. People fly American flags from their homes, cars, etc...

What would happen if I lived in Europe and wore my country's flag on everything?

Yes, the US is different from where you live. We have jokes about West Virginians, Californians and Texans. Everywhere on the planet you go, people give other people shit. There is a big difference between laughing things off and declaring fatwahs. If an asshole provokes someone and gets what they ask for, regardless of color or religion, they brought it on themselves. Usually.

I have posted my views on Islam in the appropriate forum. This being a publicly viewed forum, I'll hold my tongue but I'll leave you with a joke.

Hitler was preparing to invade through Belgium and France. March 1940; there was a meeting on one town where a few hundred men showed up with orders to prepare to battle.

There was, however, nothing but arguing in the town square. So much so that the Comandant had trouble getting every one's attention. He raised his bullhorn and shouted into it:

"What the hell is wrong with you men? Our beloved country is in jeopardy and all you want to do is fight amongst yourselves!?!"

One man shouted:

"I'm not fighting alongside those Flemmish cheese-sniffers!!"

Another man says:

"HEY!! I'm not going anywhere near those Walloon schapenneukers!!!"

And the whole crowd started arguing again.

The Commandant finally managed to quiet the crowd down. He boomed:

"We need to defend our wonderful nation! All the Wallons unwilling to do so go to the north side of the square! All the Flemmish unwilling to defend our nation alongside their countrymen get to the south side of the square!"

After 15 minutes the crowd was seperated and only one man was left in the middle of the square.

The Commandant was shocked.

"Are you prepared to fight for your country?"

"Yes sir!", said the lone man.

Are you prepared to fight along side your fellow countrymen?"

"Are you prepared to die to defend our precious land?" asked the Commandant.

"What is your name, Soldier?"

"Herschel Weinberg, reporting for duty SIR!"

I just read your response......

beautiful! You made me smile.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#175962 - 10/04/06 12:21 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Loc: CA

#175963 - 10/04/06 12:26 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Two words!

Chicken and watermelon.

That'll take all the guilt that whites have for blacks.

HS!

#175964 - 10/04/06 12:29 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Loc: CA
The one inarguably superior color is $GREEN!

#175965 - 10/04/06 03:14 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Callier]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
Oh goody, a picnic! I'll bring the charcoal and beer!
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Forum Stats
12085 Members
73 Forums
43861 Topics
405444 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements