Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#175832 - 07/06/06 09:53 AM Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
A couple of weeks ago, there was some random shooting on the streets in one of the bigger cities here, a white guy ran through the shopping streets and killed 3 people from Arabian origin, one was a little child, now all Muslim imans and splinter groups have declared war to the white race, in the meantime, some people have been beaten to death and so-on..even some neo-nazi groups have joined in to retaliate situations.
it's a bit escalating and we have elections soon, a friend of mine said that he felt like 'guilty of being white'(which is a punkrock song actually).
I bet in the States, situations like that do happen all the time, overhere it's kinda rare. Every-one is tensed and all shady acting, which is incredible stupid of course, might be a non-satanic topic..but proves again how the herd are acting in both camps.

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#175833 - 07/06/06 10:21 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
White Guilt is just one more face of bull shit "let's help people make excuses" thinking. I am white, part of an inter-rational family; and, have had white supremacy literature left on my front lawn...the only lawn on my street to have received this trash. Just because I am white does not convict me. The actions of scum who try to make color an issue...on either side, are the trouble makers.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#175834 - 07/06/06 10:28 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Kestrel Offline

Loc: Cambridge, England
Situations like that happen all over the world, and have happened for centuries. Anywhere that you have mixed race, religious or cultural backgrounds. I've always believed that people are entitled to there own opinions and beliefs as long as they don't affect me. My friends and I always agree to disagree (we never agree on anything, but thats why I consider them friends, we respect each other).

Unfortuantly there are too many religious fanatics out there who take things to the extreme for what ever reasons, causing other fanatics to retaliate. This has always happened and probably always will. A lot of people in this world are closed minded, ignorant or of low intellegence to stop and think for themselves therefore they panic and follow the masses.

You should never feel guilty about what colour your skin is, we all bleed the same.

Kestrel

#175835 - 07/06/06 10:32 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Yes, i just wondered why some-one would feel guilty about their race coz a crime like this had happened.

|| Benjamin Franklin ||

|| George Bernard ||

#175836 - 07/06/06 10:36 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
>>I bet in the States, situations like that do happen all the time

Really? Do you have any evidence to support that?

I have lived in the US most of my life and I have never seen anything like that. Racism is not as popular as you may think in the US.

To be honest, the European model of law enforcement leaves a lot to be desired. Not saying it does not have its strong points, but the solipsism and passiveness of it all are a bit telling.

“In the US there must be gun fights at every street corner.” Yeah, and I have to shoot three people just to get into a coffee café every day.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#175838 - 07/06/06 11:04 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Serua Offline

Loc: Canada
I spent a great deal of time in my youth in areas that were mainly native. These were very poor areas and these particular natives despised white people. They taught their chldren to hate white people too, I was involved in many a fight to defend myself simply because of the colour of my skin.

I do not hate native people, nor do I feel badly for being white. I understand that these people were simply representing themselves, they were stupid and full of anger/hate. Many others of other races are also stupid and full of anger and hate.

When something like this happens, yes, some of the 'sheep' will jump to retaliate without thought. Isn't that what they do? I began using the terms 'sheep' and 'herd' long ago, long before I had ever heard of the CoS or found this board. I think, herd mentality is the best description one can give. It's just mankind doing what it has always done, they simply find new reasons to justify it.

As to the origonal action that started the chain...."Stupidity gives birth to only further stupidity".

#175839 - 07/06/06 11:10 AM What happened [Re: x9x]
AEnigma Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Belgium
I believe the killings you refer to were the ones done by a disturbed 18-year-old. He shot a white girl and her African au-pair who were walking in the street, and one Turkish woman. The Turkish woman survived, the others did not.
Immediately press and politics jumped on it to accuse this kid of racist killings, and to blame the Flemish nationalist party for it - how predictable. The killings were called racist even before there was any evidence at all of a racist motive.
I do think the killer set out to shoot coloured people, and that he did not originally intend to kill 2-year-old white girls. But above all, he expected to be shot dead by the police. Moreso than a racist motive, this kid had a deah wish. Unfortunately for him, things didn't quite turn out as he had hoped - the police shot him, but he lived.

Nothing new under the sun, I'm afraid. Both sides of the political fence, and especially the media, jump on the bandwagon, with one minister even proclaiming everybody who voted for the Flemish nationalist party as responsible for creating the climate in which a tragic event like this could happen. That is almost 1/4 of the Flemish population that he is holding repsonsible. Good thinking... I'm pretty sure I know which party will be gaining votes next elections.

The real political issue was, in my eyes, how an 18-year old did not need a license to buy a gun and ammo, which he did right before going on his shooting spree. Walked into an arms shop, bought a shotgun and ammunition, left the shop, loaded the gun, and set out to shoot people in the streets. I'm not against gun ownership, but there should be some regulation (and since this incident, there is).

And honestly, neo-nazi's and the like have been beating up coloured people for quite some time now, just like immigrants have been beating and robbing whites for like, forever. There are area's where the police does not dare to patrol anymore because of the violence they would face. I'm not sure that there is an increase of that, only that it hits the news more now.

And honestly, I'm not sure that there would have been such a media hype had there not been a two-year-old girl involved. That pushed more buttons than any alleged racist killing...

Trivia: two brothers of the shot Turkish woman are going to make a film about the events .

COS Folding @Home Team
Des Duivels (on Satanism in Dutch)
Des Duivels Forum (Satanic forum in Dutch)
Temple of the Vampire

Kindly leave your morals at the wardrobe.

#175840 - 07/06/06 11:15 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
>>I bet in the States, situations like that do happen all
>>the time, overhere it's kinda rare.

I wouldn't say that things like this happen "all the time", but there's certainly racial tension going on in the US. It's not all towards arabs and the other minorities either; just look at the double-standard of what entertainers like Dave Chappelle get away with. But unfortunately I think people are afraid to speak out against certain radical Muslim groups for fear of being branded as a racist.

>>but proves again how the herd are acting in both camps.

I see both the guilt-filled white liberals and the white supremecists having the same core assumption: that one personally had something to do with what one's ancestor's did. It's the idea that a white person can take either blame or credit for what white people did in the past. I'm white, but I don't kid myself into thinking that I'm somehow responsible for enslavement OR the Renaissance.

Though when it comes to herd conformity among non-whites, one of the biggest problems I see is their buying into the notion that "pride" comes from conforming to racial stereotypes and sticking to race-targeted fads. Sad to say, so many of them believe that buying certain clothes, consuming certain drinks or cigarettes, and listening to certain music is "preserving culture". I suppose there's some degree of inevitability that, say, one will end up liking a certain type of music more than others because that's what was in the environment they grew up in, but I still see a lot of herd conformity going on.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#175841 - 07/06/06 11:29 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Bill_M]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I see both the guilt-filled white liberals and the white supremecists having the same core assumption: that one personally had something to do with what one's ancestor's did. It's the idea that a white person can take either blame or credit for what white people did in the past. I'm white, but I don't kid myself into thinking that I'm somehow responsible for enslavement OR the Renaissance.

Though when it comes to herd conformity among non-whites, one of the biggest problems I see is their buying into the notion that "pride" comes from conforming to racial stereotypes and sticking to race-targeted fads. Sad to say, so many of them believe that buying certain clothes, consuming certain drinks or cigarettes, and listening to certain music is "preserving culture". I suppose there's some degree of inevitability that, say, one will end up liking a certain type of music more than others because that's what was in the environment they grew up in, but I still see a lot of herd conformity going on.

You got it. Bingo, bingo, bingo.

I hate "pride." It's stupid, whether it's "America pride," "black pride," "white pride," whatever.

I think it's cool to like your own culture and take pride in it, in the sense that you are glad to be part of it and want to learn about it and respectfully and authentically preserve it.

But, most of the "pride" people a) act like they did something to be proud about b) don't really know what they're really supposed to be proud of c) don't personally have much to be proud of and d) are proud of the really shitty, destructive, or superficial parts of their "culture."

The only "pride" I let slide is gay pride. For now!

The ashamed white liberals and the white supremacists have another thing in common: victim mentality/sympathy to the victim mentality, and a minimization of personal responsibility.

"I don't have a job because X took it from me! I must fight group X!"

"X didn't get a job because I applied for it, and I'm a member of group Y! I stole X's job as a Y member!"

(Here come the YMCA jokes...)

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#175842 - 07/06/06 11:30 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Discipline]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

>>I bet in the States, situations like that do happen all the time

Really? Do you have any evidence to support that?

I'm not believing everything i read or see on the tube, but the 30.000 people that are killed every year in murdercases by a gun in the US are lies then?
I have no evidence black on white, but i believe it's a more common thing overthere than it happens here, that was my point actually.
I leave the fact open that alot of idiots can't handle the ownership of a gun in a responsable way.
I'm not even saying that racism is more popular overthere, since it's a global act of stupidity.

|| Benjamin Franklin ||

|| George Bernard ||

#175843 - 07/06/06 12:36 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
ModernTantalus Offline

In the United States it's become so unfashionable to be racist that things have gone in the opposite direction. Biologists and sports scientists have been labeled racist for saying that black people are genetically superior to white people in athletic performance! Bill Cosby was also seen as a racist and a traitor to his people when he suggested that black people stop blaming white people for their problems and do something to better themselves like he did. The whole situation has gotten so absurd that it goes from an intolerance of racism to a violation of our first amendment rights.

#175844 - 07/06/06 12:44 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

150,000 people die a day throughout the world. If there is a conflict or a natural disaster then that number increases. But that is all just statistics. Mark Twain once said that statistics are basically propped up lies.

I am not sure where you are getting that number. Could you provide a source?

From John Lott's The Bias Against Guns he has supplemental tables in the back of his book that cover the percentage of violent shooting in the US from 1977 to 1997. In 1997 the percent of murders in multiple victim public shootings were 0.0627 (per 100,000 people) and injuries in multiple victim public shootings were 0.1142. That is a bit dated information because he did not have the full resources to go all the way to the year of the book's publication in 2003. But that is relatively a small number.

I dare not give a number for 2004 or 2005 because I have no researched or accurate data to support such claims. But numbers are just numbers.

Why does the media always report the number of assaults with a firearm instead of the number of preventive defense stories with firearms? This is because it does not make a profit and it is boring to the average consumer. There is also the fact that not many people report incidents where the would-be criminal ran off from the threat of an armed victim.

As for the whole racial thing, I have lived in five different states and visited many more. I even lived a bit in Mississippi and never once did I see a racial rampage. I may have witnessed fools shooting off at the mouth about race, but I never witnessed an incident of racially motivated violence. Drunk violence or theft violence is a different matter. Though, I am sure there are racially motivated crimes, but from my personal experience I have seen none.

I agree most people can't handle firearms responsible, but there are those that can and they should not be hindered in their ability to protect themselves because of unrelated morons.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#175845 - 07/06/06 02:43 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: ModernTantalus]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Quote:

In the United States it's become so unfashionable to be racist that things have gone in the opposite direction. Biologists and sports scientists have been labeled racist for saying that black people are genetically superior to white people in athletic performance!

urban legend

Quote:

Bill Cosby was also seen as a racist and a traitor to his people when he suggested that black people stop blaming white people for their problems and do something to better themselves like he did.

Remember the finders versus looters fiasco? Not one person pointed out that both of those small articles came from different news agencies, therefore were written by different people.

Quote:

The whole situation has gotten so absurd that it goes from an intolerance of racism to a violation of our first amendment rights.

lol I try to avoid black people so they won't call me racist plus I don't want to deal with the smell.

#175846 - 07/06/06 02:51 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Nidhogg]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
Quote:

urban legend

Tell that to Jimmy the Greek.

Quote:

I try to avoid black people so they won't call me racist plus I don't want to deal with the smell.

I will now try to avoid your posts so I don't have to deal with the stupidity.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#175847 - 07/06/06 03:12 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Minus]
ModernTantalus Offline

Quote:

#175848 - 07/06/06 03:16 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Minus]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

Quote:

I try to avoid black people so they won't call me racist plus I don't want to deal with the smell.

That's two of us. Where is that handy dandy ignore button...There we go.

#175849 - 07/06/06 03:27 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Actually...I would have to dig through the stats again, but I believe most murders are white on white, and black on black. Domestic disputes is one factor that plays heavily into this, as are crime related killings, within one's ethnic area. For instance, a white guy will shoot his white wife, or kill another white man in an argument, or a white youth may be shot while committing a crime against another white family a few blocks away. Also, a black man may shoot another black man while committing a crime against him. Most crimes are against those you spend time with.

#175850 - 07/06/06 04:31 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The South Bay, CA
I am not really sure how to engage this topic.

I cannot see how someone can feel guilty about being white based off someone else's actions. You should not feel guilty for your own actions, let alone someone elses actions.

HS!
D.
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

"A man who limits his interests, limits his life." --Vincent Price

“Do what you want as long as it's paying off for you. But once it's become a liability, then something is wrong and you better find out what it is.” --Anton Szandor LaVey

"I have only ONE thing to say to trendy brain-dead music-centered youth: “ARBEIT MACHT FREI” SHITHEADS – PULL UP YOUR STUPID PANTS AND FORM A LINE AT THE PLATFORMS, THE TRAINS WILL BE ARRIVING SOON." --Magister James D. Sass

#175851 - 07/06/06 04:31 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Nidhogg]
Lust Offline

Quote:

lol I try to avoid black people so they won't call me racist plus I don't want to deal with the smell.

Typical response from an infected herd member. It is my opinion that you are so infected with this meme that if you have or plan to have children you will infect them as well. Do the world a favor and get yourself sterile.
I would even go as far to call you a coward due to your lack of confrontation. (example) That big black dude over there is going to think im racist because im white so lets walk the other way.

I would rather smell fresh steaming hot elephant shit to being a coward.

Racism is a meme - a contagious idea - that leaps from mind to mind infecting individuals, organizations, entire cultures, and societies. And, like a deadly virus, it has contaminated all areas of life. What divides us in society, however, is not our genes, but our memes. We look different because of our genes; we think and act different because of our memes.
Neil Whitfield's English and ESL Pages
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#175852 - 07/06/06 05:00 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
Quote:

I'm not believing everything i read or see on the tube, but the 30.000 people that are killed every year in murdercases by a gun in the US are lies then?
I have no evidence black on white, but i believe it's a more common thing overthere than it happens here, that was my point actually.
I leave the fact open that alot of idiots can't handle the ownership of a gun in a responsable way.
I'm not even saying that racism is more popular overthere, since it's a global act of stupidity.

Actually, most of the murders are black-on-black (and to a lesser degree white-on white). Only a small percentage are really racially motivated. Most of the murders are drug related.

SETI@Home Team

#175854 - 07/06/06 05:08 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Lust Offline

>I bet in the States, situations like that do happen all the time, overhere it's kinda rare.

I disagree.
A quick search turned up these results.

A short review from the Inter Press Service highlights the rise of neo-Nazism in 2000 in Europe and suggests that far from being a fringe activity, racism, violence and neo-nationalism have become normal in some communities. The problems need to tackled much earlier, in schools and with social programmes.

Ethnic minorities and different cultures in one country can often be used as a scapegoat for the majority during times of economic crisis. That is one reason why Nazism became so popular.

In France, May 2002, the success of far right politician Le Pen in the run for leadership (though he lost out in the end) sent a huge shockwave throughout Europe, about how easy it was for far right parties to come close to getting power if there is complacency in the democratic processes and if participation is reduced.

In various places throughout Western Europe, in 2002, as Amnesty International highlights, there has been a rise in racist attacks and sentiments against both Arabs and Jews, in light of the increasing hostilities in the Middle East.

Earlier in 1998, in an area of Germany a right wing racist party won an unprecedented number of votes.

In Austria, the Freedom Party was able to secure the majority of the cabinet posts. The party is an extreme far right party, whose leader, Jorg Heider, has been accused of sympathetic statements towards the Nazis. The European Union has reacted to this indicating that Austria's participation may be in jeopardy. This Guardian Special Report has much more in-depth coverage.

In Italy, there are attempts to try and deal with the rise in undocumented immigrants from Tunisia. The reactions from the right wing have been labeled by some as being, openly racist.

In 1997, Human Rights Watch noted that, The U.K. has one of the highest levels of racially-motivated violence and harassment in Western Europe, and the problem is getting worse. In April 1999, London saw two bombs explode in predominantly ethnic minority areas, in the space of one week, where a Nazi group has claimed responsibility. The summer of 2001 saw many race-related riots in various parts of northern England.

Spain has seen increased racial violence lately. The growing economy invites immigrants from North African countries such as Morocco. However, the poor conditions that immigrants have had to endure and the already racially charged region has led to friction and confrontations.

Greece has one of the worst records in the European Union for racism against ethnic minorities, according to the BBC. Anti-immigrant sentiment has long been high, especially against ethnic Albanians, who form the largest minority. Until the 1990s, the BBC notes, Greece had been an extremely homogenous society. With the fall of communism many immigrants from Eastern Europe came to Greece. Albanians especially have been targetted by a lot of racist sentiment. Some hostage taking by a few Albanians in recent years has not helped the situation.

So now the questions some of the apologists and purveyors of victimhood must ask themselves before they start their Racist America rant are:

If America is such a bad place, then why are so many people trying so hard to get here?

If the deck is stacked againts non-whites, then why do so many immigrants of other races do so well here?

Welcome to Racist America..........
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�

#175855 - 07/06/06 05:11 PM Stereotypes [Re: x9x]
Dak Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Somewhere else
Racism is too limited, I hate most people. I'll just get that out of the way now.

The stereotypes associated with certain peoples have some origin that many accepted and passed on. Is there truth behind them? Have you ever heard of Chinese having big Wangs, or blacks being good at math. Anyone try to Wop down a price. How many great Jew chefs have you heard of? Do you know any Mexican only child? Silly?, maybe.

I suggest a book, The End of Racism, by D'Souza. Ironically, you'll be less tolerant after it you're done with the 600 pages. It focuses on relations in the United States and its a hell of a read.

#175856 - 07/06/06 06:10 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Lust]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

"Typical response from an infected herd member. It is my opinion that you are so infected with this meme that if you have or plan to have children you will infect them as well. Do the world a favor and get yourself sterile."

Actually I could say the same about you. May I assume that you are of the caucasian persuasion and in your mid to late twenties? If so you have been socialized to believe that humans are the same biologically except for skin colour. Blacks do have a smell to them, so do whites and asians etc. I find the smell of blacks is not to my liking. Whats wrong with that? Is it a "hate" thing? No its a preference thing. So if I'm white I may not show preference for my own. Is that it? If so, why? Lets say I was of another race, black or asian and I show preference for my own. If I was black I'd be applauded if I was asian I would be practising my culture. Ever notice that this anti-racialist propaganda is directed soley at caucasians? Why doesn't anyone try to talk asians out of thier natural racialism or blacks? White Guilt, thats why.

Now on to memetics. I am aware of what a meme is and not all are negative. Leviathan XIII's homage to the Great Satan is an example of a positive meme in action. The Church of Satan is a meme too, is that a negative thing? Nope. How about capitalism? or justice?
Your body is literally crawling with bugs, bacteria and viruses, sounds gross no doubt but without these things you'd likely die. You are "infected" with organisms so you may live. Its the same with memes.

I see nothing wrong with racialism at all. Caucasians have been socialized to regard themselves as the majority for a few generations now when in fact we make up less than 7% of the human population on this planet and that number is beginning to dwindle because of this socialization. Caucasians take thier status on this planet for granted and are not breeding at the rate that other groups are. We are too comfortable, we are too fat, we are too urbanized, specialized and socialized and we are going to go extinct by our own hand because of this Guilt. A guilt that you and others have displayed in this thread.

I should also add that I came to these conclusions all by my lonesome and was not as popular myth would have you believe raised this way.

edited to add the last sentence and take care of an errant apostraphe.

Edited by Casual_Violence (07/06/06 06:35 PM)

#175857 - 07/06/06 06:27 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: False_Messiah78]
AlricTarrant Offline

Loc: The Empire State
More stats: I don't remember the source but a recent study has found that poor white males are most often the target of "hate crimes", with "hate crimes" being defined as any crime motavated chiefly by race.
"It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” -The Good Doctor "And for all the good or evil, creation or destruction, that your living might have accomplished, you might just as well never have lived at all. "

#175858 - 07/06/06 06:30 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: AlricTarrant]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

More stats: I don't remember the source but a recent study has found that poor white males are most often the target of "hate crimes", with "hate crimes" being defined as any crime motavated chiefly by race.

Yes its true. I have been a poor white male (still a white male) and I have been targetted because of my race many times.

#175859 - 07/06/06 06:31 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Lust]
AlricTarrant Offline

In all fairness some of those examples are a result of exageration. Le Pen, for example, isn't really that different from most conservatives, he just has a sane immigration policy which gets him the "fascist" label. And the German NDP, despite some stupid nationalist stunts like having its members of parliament walking out during a Holocaust memorial, are similiar. To be fair the other examples prove your point, and if you had also included Russia it really would have been a slam dunk, as its difficult for non-whites to even ride the subway in the former homeland of "socialist internationalism" without being attacked.
"It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” -The Good Doctor "And for all the good or evil, creation or destruction, that your living might have accomplished, you might just as well never have lived at all. "

#175860 - 07/06/06 06:33 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: AlricTarrant]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Quote:

Is that a nationwide study, statewide study or a study of the capital region? If you can find the source for that study I'd be interested in seeing it.

SETI@Home Team

#175862 - 07/06/06 06:46 PM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Dak]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Thank you for the advice on this book, i will check on it for sure, as this matter is interesting.

|| Benjamin Franklin ||

|| George Bernard ||

#175863 - 07/06/06 06:50 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: False_Messiah78]
AlricTarrant Offline

Here a link about it: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=48898
Apparently the study was done by the Justice Department (or at least compiled by it) and it was nationwide to answer your question. Its based on people answering questions rather than police records so it might not be totally reliable.

#175864 - 07/06/06 06:53 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Quaark]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Quote:

That's two of us.

Three and counting.

aaawww not even gonna read my rebuttal? Its quite good. If I was baby Jesus I'd be crying right now.

#175865 - 07/06/06 07:01 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Nidhogg]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Ah, I smell a hypocrite.

What does race have to do with anything besides genetics?

Seriously, I am confused as to why race is always induced into a matter of social identity and confrontation.

People should be judged by their actions and not their physical appearance. Note that I did not mention clothing.

I love living in a country where I can see beautiful women of all colors. It is great!

#175866 - 07/06/06 07:05 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

some people have been beaten to death and so-on..

I remember a long while back when the movie "Mississippi Burning" was released. There were many black people whom it enraged and they began to lash out against whites, beating up several of them, just for being white; in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I would suggest protecting yourself.

Use a little thing we call "maintaining a low profile".

Be unpredictable. Establish many routes to and from work and home

Be constantly aware of your surroundings.

#175867 - 07/06/06 07:22 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Discipline]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Ah, I smell a hypocrite.

What does race have to do with anything besides genetics?

Seriously, I am confused as to why race is always induced into a matter of social identity and confrontation.

People should be judged by their actions and not their physical appearance. Note that I did not mention clothing.

I love living in a country where I can see beautiful women of all colors. It is great!

Race and culture go hand in hand. African cultures are different from Asian cultures no? European cultures are different from both no? White Americans and Black Americans do not share the same culture, thus both have different cultural points of reference to draw upon and therefore different psychological points of reference as well. A point of contention with black women is he black male fetish for white women. White women are not usually aware of this and are often puzzled by hostility shown by black women towards them when dating a black male.
The Clock in TSW shows how you can size someone up by thier physical appearance. Also HP Gilmore's essay "Satanism: The Feared Religion" specificly states that Satanism holds races to be different and will tend to show aptitudes in certain areas. I agree with this. White men can't jump, Black men can. Black men can't swim, white men can.

#175868 - 07/06/06 07:42 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Nidhogg]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Race and culture only go together because of its historical properties. Race can be intermixed and interbreed. America is a good example. I have known many black individuals who share a very close background to myself and share many of the same roots. Of course if you look further, it becomes separated, but separated for what reason? From what I gathered from my time studying history, it was separated because of some irrational concept of physical design to being superior. When a given predisposed system encounters an alien group, it will usually find it as a threat.

Culture has in the past been connected to race because of the geographical barriers that once separated racial societies. Those barriers have been conquered and I think culture will take on a new meaning. Race now is an excuse for illogical ideologies. I happen to like all the variations in human physical structure.

I have dated a black girl in the past and I experience no gruff from it. But I surround myself with intelligent individuals. I stay away from those who can't see past the skin of a person.

Ah, physical aspects are important in determining a person's abilities physically. I never stated that a person genetics could not deem them superior in physical endeavors. I stated that judging a person's character on his appearance is a mistake. A black gentleman could very well be a professor or a criminal. I see clothing to be the best indicator of a person's personality and attitude than their racial makeup.

So why did you exactly make such a ridiculous statement of blacks being smelly? I have far too many friendly encounters with blacks to just check them off my list of association. Again, I look at a person's behavior.

We are heading down a political and social road which would be better placed downstairs.

#175869 - 07/06/06 07:50 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Nidhogg]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
While you are certainly entitled to your opinions, there seems to be a bit more to it for you than what you are here stating.

It appears , correct me if I'm wrong, that you've had some unpleasant experiences with people of African descent.

Anything to it?

****Edit****
Quote:

Whites smell like balogna, blacks smell like burning rubber, asians smell like fish. We all stink, now what stink do you preffer? Get it?

Nevermind.

Edited by Pazuzu (07/06/06 07:54 PM)

#175870 - 07/06/06 07:52 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Discipline]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

*sigh* I did not say I hated because of thier biology. I do show preference, like blacks, like asian, like everyone except whites because if whites do its called racism. Yes I am aware that blacks can be proffesors and astronauts and pirates and shepherds etc etc. I suggest you read my rebuttal to Tier. Whites smell like balogna, blacks smell like burning rubber, asians smell like fish. We all stink, now what stink do you preffer? Get it?

#175871 - 07/06/06 07:55 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Mr_Atrox]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Actually mostly people of Amerind decent. Check my location. No I don't hate them.

Edited by Casual_Violence (07/06/06 08:01 PM)

#175872 - 07/06/06 08:13 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Nidhogg]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

I sure wish I was a pirate . . .

Oh, sorry. I was daydreaming.

Your rebuttal seemed like a cop out to your pervious statement.

But since you asked. I prefer rosewood. But is that a stink? Okay, how about gasoline?

#175873 - 07/06/06 08:18 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
I think that there are excellent people in every race. I also think that there are despicable low-life scumbags in every race as well.

I agree that people can and do live up to their stereotypes as well. However, I've also seen people defy every single expected stereotype there is in the book.

Regardless, I think that it should be the indivudual's character, actions, intelligence, and purpose in life that should be judged rather than the color or pigment of one's skin. And I have zero sympathy for those who are criminals, idiots, or social parasites, no matter what color or race they are.

#175874 - 07/06/06 08:19 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Discipline]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

I sure wish I was a pirate . . .

Oh, sorry. I was daydreaming.

Your rebuttal seemed like a cop out to your pervious statement.

But since you asked. I prefer rosewood. But is that a stink? Okay, how about gasoline?

I like the smell of gasoline oddly enough. No not a cop out, an elaboration.

#175875 - 07/06/06 08:19 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Nidhogg]
Lust Offline

Yeah, great, I am glad all of that is working for you.
Something I find interesting is how well educated you are yet lack any individuality at all.

I was not born loyal to my race.
I do not owe my race anything.
My race owes me nothing.

Just because someone has the same skin color as you doesn't mean that person is anything like you.

Your perception of smell is probably induced by a case of afrophobia. It is okay to have a fear, and admit it here on the board. Just admit that you are afraid of The Black Man.

This will make you feel better about yourself, and will increase your chances of not wasting peoples very valuable time.

Edited by Tier_Instinct (07/06/06 08:21 PM)

#175876 - 07/06/06 08:22 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Sorry...you're right. I didn't address your question. The truth is...I don't know why someone would feel guilty about their race because of a crime of another. I've never figured that out, and have quit trying.

#175877 - 07/06/06 08:44 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Lust]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Yeah, great, I am glad all of that is working for you.
Something I find interesting is how well educated you are yet lack any individuality at all.

I was not born loyal to my race.
I do not owe my race anything.
My race owes me nothing.

Just because someone has the same skin color as you doesn't mean that person is anything like you.

Your perception of smell is probably induced by a case of afrophobia. It is okay to have a fear, and admit it here on the board. Just admit that you are afraid of The Black Man.

This will make you feel better about yourself, and will increase your chances of not wasting peoples very valuable time.

You completely missed my point. Well whatever I'm not going to explain again.

#175878 - 07/06/06 09:40 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Discipline]
London Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The Inmost Dens
Quote:

The most convincing argument against racism I've heard so far!

#175879 - 07/06/06 10:14 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Nidhogg]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

I find that people's smell is influenced by where they live, what they eat, who they are intimate with, and what their mood is.

Most of the judgments people make with regards to race actually have more to do with culture. People of a particular race will often share a certain culture, and will socialize and breed in ways that perpetuate and support that culture, so patterns emerge. But, if someone of a particular race belongs to a different culture, or upbringing, or family line, the patterns break apart, demonstrating that race was the least important factor present, genetically speaking.

Most people don't let me overtly sniff them anyway, so that interferes with my ability to take a poll on how people smell.

#175880 - 07/06/06 10:37 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: TrojZyr]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:

Most people don't let me overtly sniff them anyway, so that interferes with my ability to take a poll on how people smell.

I have to say that the smelliest people I have come across was the pair of enormous sweaty wiccans that we once had as neighbors. They ate everything that is bad for you including vast amounts of processed meats, plus they didn't use soap, anti-perspirant, or laundry detergent, because they considered them bad for the environment. When in fact it was their horrendous body odor that was bad for the environment. BLECH!

#175881 - 07/06/06 11:08 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Discipline]
Dark_Adept Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: High Hades
Quote:

I have lived in the US most of my life and I have never seen anything like that. Racism is not as popular as you may think in the US.

I agree. Perhaps in the 80s there was more of a racial tension as progressive changes were developing among the younger generation (including me). The 90s brought Vanilla Ice to every Casper Milquetoast's living room to the terror of guilty white liberal parents and conservative uptight parents alike. Pants got looser, underwear was worn in full view as high as the belly button and standard english took a dive among every white kid I grew up with and then some. I guess MTV might be somewhat to blame for that. But racism I feel has evolved into the elusive higher eschalons of political society rather than the common meth lab, Klan infested deserts of California, mountains and ranches of Montana or Texas and the deep south. It's more implicit now, at least from my experiences.

#175882 - 07/06/06 11:18 PM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Dak]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

The stereotypes associated with certain peoples have some origin that many accepted and passed on. Is there truth behind them?

Yes, there is. There are however, exceptions to every rule. According to statistics, levels of intelligence and certain behaviors are genetic.

It is said that:

Asians have the largest brain size, whites intermediate and Blacks the smallest. (this is being debated by recent studies)
Blacks are more violent, Whites intermediate and Asians least violent.
Blacks have a high sex drive, whites intermediate and Asians the least.
Blacks are more fertile, Whites intermediate and Asians least fertile.

When it comes to IQ scores, Asians and Jews are at the top, then Whites and Latinos, with Black Americans scoring the lowest- Africans at the very bottom. An IQ of 70 is considered retarded but it is the common IQ score among Africans.

Source

Race and Intelligence
Average Gaps among Races

Topics like this can often bring up a can of worms. Some may get offended no matter if the proof is there, others will use it to support their extreme racist beliefs. What's important to realize is that there are exceptions to everything in nature - even if majority rules. There are some very intelligent Blacks that are superior to Whites, there are some Asians that have a better chance at getting pregnant than a Black person, etc. Every individual is different- judge them accordingly, not as a whole.

#175883 - 07/06/06 11:21 PM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Carkosa]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

According to statistics, levels of intelligence and certain behaviors are genetic.

Get a good text-book on statistics, and read it.

Statistics may be correlated to race. They NEVER prove causation.

Are you telling me it's not conceivable that cultural, nutritional, or political factors might result in Africans scoring low on IQ tests?

Edited by reprobate (07/06/06 11:23 PM)

#175884 - 07/06/06 11:34 PM Re: Stereotypes [Re: reprobate]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

Are you telling me it's not conceivable that cultural, nutritional, or political factors might result in Africans scoring low on IQ tests?

That is very possible and still in debate. Studies have been done on African children in many countries around world, who were adopted as babies by white middle class parents and the IQ results were still consistant. These are not my opinions...just statistics.

Edited by Carkosa (07/06/06 11:37 PM)

#175885 - 07/06/06 11:55 PM Re: Stereotypes [Re: reprobate]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

The fact that something does affect this is proven by the mere fact that blacks in America do better than blacks in Africa. The fact that blacks in America do worse that whites, Jews, Asians, and Hispanics in America suggests that it may also have a genetic cause.

Were it a single set of statistics, I would say that no conclusion could be drawn. Given the fact that this is multiple sets of statistics (worldwide by race, intranational by race, etc) and the results are the same across the board, even in the presence of drastically different economic, cultural, and nutritional climates, suggests that something other than these has some impact, even if these factors also have an impact.

None of this suggests that a black person can't have a high IQ, merely that they perhaps occur in lesser frequency, and as an aggregate do not match up.

#175886 - 07/07/06 12:10 AM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Carkosa]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Asians have the largest brain size, whites intermediate and Blacks the smallest.

According to the very old literature I've read directly concerning this, it would seem that these stats have validity but are also high variable within these "races" depending on subpopulation. For example, it was found that the average volume of the cranial cavity could vary considerably between Mandarins and Tunguska, Japanese and Mongols. The same variance was also true of statistics for stature, anthropometrics, etc. Regardless, the trends did favor overall differences by continent in all these statistics.

I've never seen this statistically illustrated. I have a difficult time imagining how one measures "violence." Perhaps crime statistics, frequency and fatality of wars, etc, but to do anything comprensive like this would be the statistical job of a lifetime.

The first seems likewise hard to measure. The second would be easy to measure, but difficult to prove causation since it is very well known that environmental factors strongly influence fertility. I won't say it's not possible though.

The IQ differences are the most studied, and although that would tend to be a much more controversial stance than differences in stature (although some people even contest this, for reasons unknown; is racial superiority a matter of height?), it is one of the best supported regardless of causation.

Amusing facts to reconcile: if poor nutrition and strife were to be blamed for low IQ scores in Africans, why would Africans have such a demonstrably high stature, when the high IQ scoring Asians have low stature (lack of nutrition is known to cause low stature in individuals)? If cultural factors were to blame, then why do South American and Polynesian tribesmen, or Eskimos, no more advanced than African tribesmen, score higher on IQ tests than Africans? Cultural strife should suggest that Jews would do poorly, but they do the best of anyone.

Of course, all this is averages. I know whites who are not fit to lick the boots of intelligent blacks, and a person I've worked with who was born in Kenya is a dozen times more intelligent than the very stupid whites he has worked right alongside. I find racism to be a stupid idea on the principle that it is herdlike lumping of individuals into groups, but the fact is that ethnology is a lost science that may hold some valuable clues to the origins of mankind, ignored entirely due to political reasons.

#175887 - 07/07/06 12:29 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: AlricTarrant]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Thank you, that was an interesting read - however as the data set is from self-proclaimed "hate crime" victims I must take it with a grain of salt ... make that two grains.

SETI@Home Team

#175888 - 07/07/06 12:38 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

The rate of violent crime in the UK is presently double that of the US.

The popular conception that the US is a violent country is bunk.

#175889 - 07/07/06 12:46 AM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

I've never seen this statistically illustrated. I have a difficult time imagining how one measures "violence." Perhaps crime statistics, frequency and fatality of wars, etc, but to do anything comprensive like this would be the statistical job of a lifetime.

I'm certain they are going by crime statistics. I don't recall if these statistics were world wide or limited to the United States. I'll find out.

Quote:

The first seems likewise hard to measure.

These studies are based on hormonal levels of testosterone. It turns out blacks tend to have a higher level.

Quote:

The second would be easy to measure, but difficult to prove causation since it is very well known that environmental factors strongly influence fertility. I won't say it's not possible though.

True. If Asians are least fertile how does that explain the over-population in China?

Quote:

Amusing facts to reconcile: if poor nutrition and strife were to be blamed for low IQ scores in Africans, why would Africans have such a demonstrably high stature, when the high IQ scoring Asians have low stature (lack of nutrition is known to cause low stature in individuals)? If cultural factors were to blame, then why do South American and Polynesian tribesmen, or Eskimos, no more advanced than African tribesmen, score higher on IQ tests than Africans? Cultural strife should suggest that Jews would do poorly, but they do the best of anyone.

Excellent points. I've always wondered those things myself. Which makes me lean more to the fact that alot of this all may be genetic.

Quote:

Of course, all this is averages. I know whites who are not fit to lick the boots of intelligent blacks, and a person I've worked with who was born in Kenya is a dozen times more intelligent than the very stupid whites he has worked right alongside. I find racism to be a stupid idea on the principle that it is herdlike lumping of individuals into groups, but the fact is that ethnology is a lost science that may hold some valuable clues to the origins of mankind, ignored entirely due to political reasons.

Exactly.

#175890 - 07/07/06 01:21 AM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Carkosa]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

These studies are based on hormonal levels of testosterone. It turns out blacks tend to have a higher level.

If this were true, and could be demonstrated to have a genetic cause, it would be a very enlightening fact.

Testosterone levels have been demonstrably correlated with aggression (positive correlation) and lifespan (negative correlation). I don't know enough to speak on the effect of testosterone on fertility (logic tells me that too much testosterone would reduce fertility if anything, but slighlty raised levels could possibly enhance fertility).

To prove a racial, genetic difference in testosterone levels would be a revelation.

#175891 - 07/07/06 01:31 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
In the USA, people have "God Bless America" stickers on cars, stores, houses. People fly American flags from their homes, cars, etc...

What would happen if I lived in Europe and wore my country's flag on everything?

Yes, the US is different from where you live. We have jokes about West Virginians, Californians and Texans. Everywhere on the planet you go, people give other people shit. There is a big difference between laughing things off and declaring fatwahs. If an asshole provokes someone and gets what they ask for, regardless of color or religion, they brought it on themselves. Usually.

I have posted my views on Islam in the appropriate forum. This being a publicly viewed forum, I'll hold my tongue but I'll leave you with a joke.

Hitler was preparing to invade through Belgium and France. March 1940; there was a meeting on one town where a few hundred men showed up with orders to prepare to battle.

There was, however, nothing but arguing in the town square. So much so that the Comandant had trouble getting every one's attention. He raised his bullhorn and shouted into it:

"What the hell is wrong with you men? Our beloved country is in jeopardy and all you want to do is fight amongst yourselves!?!"

One man shouted:

"I'm not fighting alongside those Flemmish cheese-sniffers!!"

Another man says:

"HEY!! I'm not going anywhere near those Walloon schapenneukers!!!"

And the whole crowd started arguing again.

The Commandant finally managed to quiet the crowd down. He boomed:

"We need to defend our wonderful nation! All the Wallons unwilling to do so go to the north side of the square! All the Flemmish unwilling to defend our nation alongside their countrymen get to the south side of the square!"

After 15 minutes the crowd was seperated and only one man was left in the middle of the square.

The Commandant was shocked.

"Are you prepared to fight for your country?"

"Yes sir!", said the lone man.

Are you prepared to fight along side your fellow countrymen?"

"Are you prepared to die to defend our precious land?" asked the Commandant.

"What is your name, Soldier?"

"Herschel Weinberg, reporting for duty SIR!"

#175892 - 07/07/06 01:59 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: RandomStranger]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Excellent joke!!

|| Benjamin Franklin ||

|| George Bernard ||

#175893 - 07/07/06 03:31 AM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Carkosa]
weles Offline

Loc: California
Quote:

Source

Race and Intelligence
Average Gaps among Races

The correlation vs. causation caveat was already mentioned.

These sources fail to mention, when discussing IQ, what exactly they are referring to. Are all these studies using a single test? Are they using localized tests which are considered normalized against each other? How do they normalize for environmental diffferences (such as class) when making their subject selections?

I'm not sure how to begin analyzing these results, given those issues.

One point I will make regarding genetics overall. Environmental factors play a substantial role, especially in group selection. Humans muck around in our environment sufficiently that socioeconomic factors most likely play a role in group selection since such factors impact mate selection criteria, nutrition, survival rate, etc. For example, if a group is conquered, their best and brightest are killed, and then they are ghettoized, I suspect their overall genetic quality will decline. I'd like to see a formal study refuting or concurring with my hypotheses regarding socioeconomic interference in group selection in human subgroups, but I haven't, and I don't currently have the resources to conduct one.

#175894 - 07/07/06 03:36 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

Excellent joke!!

The funny thing is, it probably really happened. Many people have trouble with the issue of sorting out who the real enemies are.

#175895 - 07/07/06 03:41 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: RandomStranger]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Hitler was preparing to invade through Belgium and France. March 1940; there was a meeting on one town where a few hundred men showed up with orders to prepare to battle.

There was, however, nothing but arguing in the town square. So much so that the Comandant had trouble getting every one's attention. He raised his bullhorn and shouted into it:

"What the hell is wrong with you men? Our beloved country is in jeopardy and all you want to do is fight amongst yourselves!?!"

One man shouted:

Another man says:

"We need to defend our wonderful nation! All the Wallons unwilling to do so go to the north side of the square! All the Flemmish unwilling to defend our nation alongside their countrymen get to the south side of the square!"

After 15 minutes the crowd was seperated and only one man was left in the middle of the square.

too much! lmao

#175896 - 07/07/06 05:37 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Rattlesnake Offline

Loc: Yurop
It's not a matter of race, but a matter of mentality.

Europe is a place of free speech, free sexuality, free religion. Or at least it's supposed to be.

Arabs are religious fundamentalists, totalitarian and self-righteous. It's part of their religion to "convert or kill unbelievers", I've even found this website by an Iranian royalist, with enough information to prove it.

The weird thing is, non-Arab muslims are far less religious than Arabs. Turks worship the posters of Kemal Ataturk way more than religious worship. Pakistanis don't seem to care about their religion, they just want to sell things. Kurds I've met were mostly communists. European white Muslims such as Albanians, Bosnians, Bulgarians, etc have become mainly Atheists or Agnostics some of them even neo-nazis or skinheads.

Greece, where I live, seems to have found a balance. The government speaks favorably of Palestinians. At the meantime they sign commerce deals with Israel. At the news, pro-Palestinian protests are the headline just to give a positive image to the Arab world, but after midnight police units raid Arab homes, intimidating and sometimes beating them a bit, just to keep them at bay. For now, it seems to work.

#175897 - 07/07/06 07:44 AM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

The fact that blacks in America do worse that whites, Jews, Asians, and Hispanics in America suggests that it may also have a genetic cause.

But blacks in America also have a different culture from whites, Jews, Asians and Hispanics in America. The value placed on education stands out as a major difference between these two sets of subcultures.

As for having multiple data sets -- although there may be a wide geographic spread, the data sets don't have widely divergent histories. They split pretty neatly into two categories: Africans, and Americans. Both groups have lived under extremely complex and detrimental environmental effects for a very long time, and continue to do so. I'd be interested to see data by country in Africa, ie. how do Senegal, Ghana, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Kenya, or South Africa compare to, say, Rwanda, Ivory Coast, Sudan. How does northern Uganda compare with southern Uganda, etc.

In order for me to buy the "genetic" hypothesis as anything more than tasteless conjecture, I'd have to see one of two things. 1) I'd soften my position if there were data sets that included a "control" -- a representative sample (ie., multiple nations not bound strongly by common history) of blacks who never experienced colonialism or slavery, who were little affected by the Cold War, and who retained a cultural continuity extending more than 200 years. No such sample exists. 2) In the absence of that, if environment factors could be otherwise be eliminated in spite of their number and complexity. The only way I can see this happening is in the due course of natural change, which takes hundreds of years. Without #1 or #2, in my opinion, the genetic hypothesis has no scientific basis.

#175899 - 07/07/06 08:20 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Nidhogg]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Make that four.

#175901 - 07/07/06 08:49 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Tiberia]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim
They failed to realize that in order to avoid modern cleaning methods, they overlooked the supposed roots of their "Natural well being". Tribal cultures came up with natural ways to be clean, before the creation of body soap. They devised ways to in a sense remove toxins and other unhealthy pollutants from their bodies, things consume from their environments. The reason for bad body order is due to pollutants and those toxins being sweated out from the body in a odor form. If one wants to avoid modern dedorants, perfumes, colognes, and other types of products. One should research and seek out an alternative method to cleanse their body. There are natural and now even modern methods and this will also allow the normal natural undisgusting body odors through. These are the natural musk odors human bodies produce, and also what humans use as signals for sexual activity. One needs to sweat or get out of their body Toxins from their environment this is what causes most illnesses, toxins consumed from the environment one lives in.

Anyway, I do not like smelly people like this either. Wiccans always did have everything backwards. Taking from cultures what makes them look cool, and either overlooking or avoiding what allowed these cultures to survive in the world. Very, very disgusting indeed.

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#175903 - 07/07/06 09:44 AM Re: Stereotypes [Re: reprobate]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I agree that blacks in America have a different culture from whites in America; however, they also have a drastically different culture and nutritional outlook than blacks in Africa, hence my understanding that there is clearly something at work here.

I will also readily admit that it would seem that what upper-class blacks exist seem to be more intelligent (I've never seen a statistical breakdown of this), but assuming it's true, that's a difficult statistic to interpret: are they smarter because they are upper class and eat better and suffer less, or are they upper class because they're smarter?

I'm not dead set on believing that it has a genetic basis, as I have no agenda to fulfill; on the other hand, I tend to take the statistics as "partly inconclusive, suggestive of a possible genetic trait linked."

Carkosa's above statement that there are known differences in testosterone levels, a number I admit I've never encountered myself, again seems like it could have profound significance on the answer.

#175904 - 07/07/06 09:53 AM Re: Stereotypes [Re: reprobate]
Neko Offline
CoS Member

There have been studies done that show a genetic link in intelligence, but I am almost positive that they didn’t look at different ethnicity, at least not intentionally. What they did show was that even if a child was removed from the family at birth and raised in a nurturing environment that their IQ was still very close to their mother’s even years later. There is a link between genetics and intelligence, but it would take some serious research to prove a link to ethnicity as well and I seriously doubt that there are many researchers who would put their career on the line and be labled as a racist.

A study that I would be interested in would be if there is a genetic predisposition for those that are able to move up Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and if some would stay at about the same level as their biological parents even under the proper conditions for self actualization and transcendence. I really could care less about race though; it won't change how I intereact with people because I still would make assessments on an individual basis.

The Temple | The Elite

#175905 - 07/07/06 10:23 AM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Carkosa]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

There are websites that discuss the higher levels of testosterone in blacks, but they might offend some delicate sensibilities here.

#175906 - 07/07/06 10:31 AM lol [Re: $lesk]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Make that four.

yeah nice tattoo "mien heir ist trueu" did I get that right?

hypocrite

#175907 - 07/07/06 10:34 AM Re: lol [Re: Nidhogg]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

No, you didn't.

Die.

#175908 - 07/07/06 10:37 AM Re: Stereotypes [Re: reprobate]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Bingo, bingo, bingo.

IQ is partly inherited, and partly acquired, to the best of my knowledge. If you have brilliant parents but don't get enough nutrients in the womb, or if you get chained to a radiator in a dark closet for most of your life, or if you experience repeated acts of extreme violence and terror early in life, or if you aren't fed properly throughout your life, you may very well emerge with a lower IQ.

I'd also imagine that if members of a particular culture or group value certain qualities or traits over others, they'll tend to pick mates who embody those qualities or traits, and eschew people who don't have those qualities. So, I imagine that cultures that value intelligence would become increasingly more intelligent, because smart people would seek smart people, and would then do things to further nurture the intelligence of their offspring. If a given culture values aggression, strength, or tenacity, then individual people will seek out mates who are more aggressive, strong, or gutsy, so you may come to see higher testosterone levels in those people over time.

So, we have to consider cultural, genetic, relationship-based, educational, economic, and political factors when noting that members of certain races might tend to have different IQs or other kinds of traits.

Also, we have to examine what those IQ tests look like. When Aborigines were expected to memorize sequences of Western objects like combs and scissors, they failed miserably, but when they had to memorize sequences of different kinds of rocks and sticks, they aced those tests. People do better on tests where they can relate to the information because it's relevant to their lives in some way (duh).

#175909 - 07/07/06 10:41 AM Re: lol [Re: $lesk]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

No, you didn't.

Die.

No I think I did. Is that not a Totenkopf?

also you missed something else I wrote:

Quote:

Whites smell like balogna, blacks smell like burning rubber, asians smell like fish. We all stink, now what stink do you preffer? Get it?

I'll not tell you to die... I'm better than that.

#175910 - 07/07/06 10:47 AM Re: lol [Re: Nidhogg]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

No I think I did. Is that not a Totenkopf?

You got the Totenkopf part right, but you're still wrong.

Quote:

also you missed something else I wrote:

Quote:

I smell like gravlaks. End of discussion

#175911 - 07/07/06 10:58 AM Re: lol [Re: $lesk]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

He actually called attention to that ridiculous statement? I thought for sure he was hoping no one would notice it.

-Ethiopian Proverb

#175912 - 07/07/06 11:01 AM Re: lol [Re: Minus]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

He actually called attention to that ridiculous statement? I thought for sure he was hoping no one would notice it.

That would've been the smart and sensible thing to do, wouldn't it? And we can't have any of that sort of thing, now can we.

(For those of you with little or no sense of humor, I am being ironic)

#175913 - 07/07/06 11:04 AM Re: lol [Re: Nidhogg]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I believe the motto you're thinking of is "Meine Ehre heißt Treue." Not that Herr Slesk's Totenkopf is a sure sign that he has this slogan accompanying it, nor that even if he did it would imply Nazi sympathies. It is a beautiful phrase in its own right.

However, I will say this: there is intelligent argument to be made for racial differences, and I will even concede validity to "ethic odors" which are based mostly on diet, but you've not made an intelligent argument, simply made silly sounding statements that do you no credit. I advise backing off before you dig yourself any deeper.

#175914 - 07/07/06 11:08 AM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Cultural strife should suggest that Jews would do poorly, but they do the best of anyone.

Ah, but to that I say that the platform of IQ scarcely balances on a single column.

I would say Jews do well because their culture generally places a strong emphasis on learning and scholarship.

Black culture, on the other hand, often acts suspicious of scholarship, on the grounds that being book-smart involves "acting white" and "selling out."

Amusing facts to reconcile: if poor nutrition and strife were to be blamed for low IQ scores in Africans, why would Africans have such a demonstrably high stature,

I've wondered that too.

The stats seem to show that people around the world are getting taller because nutrition is improving, but it seems to me that many Africans have always been prone to being tall and lanky. So, why isn't their growth stunted?

Oh, and I had another thought on this matter---

IQ isn't everything.

Various studies have shown, for example, that "EQ"--emotional intelligence quotient--can potentially be a greater predictor of success than straight-up IQ. Certainly, you won't go very far in the real world if you can't read others' emotions and socialize with them appropriately, or if you can't engage in full-bodied moral reasoning (which involves use of emotions), even if you are able to solve a Rubik's cube or a word puzzle. Of course, IQ is important too, because you can't have a very good or useful EQ if your IQ is in the drooling-and-licking-the-wallpaper range.

Or, consider the study wherein toddlers were told that they could eat a marshmallow right now, or wait five minutes and get to eat two of them. Projective studies have shown that the toddlers who were able to wait end up doing better in school and at work, and scoring higher on exams later in life. Is that IQ? Is that EQ?

IQ is important, but if we're talking about the qualities or aptitudes that make a human being truly "smart" and productive, we have to consider various factors.

#175915 - 07/07/06 11:08 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Nidhogg]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

If people are racists, they shouln'd deny it.
Are you?

|| Benjamin Franklin ||

|| George Bernard ||

#175916 - 07/07/06 11:11 AM Re: lol [Re: Minus]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

well shit I thought I was filed under ignore. Anyway yes people smell. Different smells for different people unless you are under the ridiculous illusion that humans are all the same, which would be a product of your socialization process. I'm thinking a bit differently here. I think that human biodiversity is a good thing and as I have said before I am not a hater. Races are different from other each biologically. Yes interbreeding is possible I spent a good chunk of last night dancing with a Metis girl (French + Cree). So all those people that think I'm some racist hater ought to put that in thier peace pipes and smoke it. I am a ~racialist~ in the true sense of the word in that I reckon that races are different and I find that difference interesting. Yes my comment about the way blacks smell were insensitive, I'll admit that and apologize for it. Sorry folks I'll try to keep some of my redneck tendencies in check.

Edited by Casual_Violence (07/07/06 11:18 AM)

#175917 - 07/07/06 11:16 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Tiberia]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Wiccans smell of patchouli and man-hate.

And B.O.

I also find that they don't properly maintain the areas under their love handles. Wiccans tend to have so many handles that you'd think they were built at IKEA, except for the fact that they aren't streamlined or efficient, and won't fit in or match with a standard Danish apartment.

You should've given them a gift certificate to the Body Shop.

#175918 - 07/07/06 11:18 AM Re: lol [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

As always, Warlock, you're absolutely right.

I do NOT have any nazi sympathies at all. In my opinion it is collectivistic hogwash.

That being said, "Meine Ehre heißt Treue" is, as you stated, a beatiful phrase. However, the phrase that encircles my tattoo is actually from Ragnar Redbeard: " Christs may come and Christs may go, but CÆSAR lives forever".

And, yes, it is possible to have an intelligent discussion when it comes to the odors of different ethnic groups. Living as I do, in the middle of the immigrant area of Oslo, I know that odors differ between ethnic groups, or rather between country of origin. This has, as you said, very much to do with diet. Pakistanis use a lot of garlic in their food, hence they tend to smell like garlic from time to time.

I have heard the statement of not liking the odors of blacks, asians, or what have you, a thousand times before, and my reply is invariably: Do you think that they enjoy OUR odors?

#175919 - 07/07/06 11:20 AM Re: lol [Re: Nidhogg]
Soleil Noir Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Freudenabteilung
Quote:

I spent a good chunk of last night dancing with a Metis girl (French + Cree). So all those people that think I'm some racist hater ought to put that in thier peace pipes and smoke it.

That comment reminds me of people who say "I'm not racist, some of my friends are black!"

#175920 - 07/07/06 11:21 AM Re: Stereotypes [Re: TrojZyr]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Projective studies have shown that the toddlers who were able to wait end up doing better in school and at work, and scoring higher on exams later in life. Is that IQ? Is that EQ?

That's inductive reasoning, and why it would suggest the toddler has potential is because the human brain develops different reasoning abilities at different stages. If a toddler can comprehend the value of "letting an investment pay off" then he has developed the ability of foresight earlier than average and will probably always be a step ahead of others in development.

For example, if you have two glasses of equal volume filled with water, one tall and narrow, the other short and wide, most all very young children will claim the taller glass holds more water, and will often be quite surprised when you show them by transfer that they have equal volume. They'll think it's a "trick." The don't understand spatial values yet, just gross visual assessment.

I typically discard the entire idea of "EQ." Besides the fact that it reeks of apologetics for low-IQ but highly social washups, it also attempts to counter the fact that many of the greatest productive geniuses are antisocial or asocial. Typically, the smarter the person the more isolated they are from others. It's lonely at the top, but you're in good company.

#175921 - 07/07/06 11:25 AM Re: lol [Re: Soleil Noir]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Quote:

I spent a good chunk of last night dancing with a Metis girl (French + Cree). So all those people that think I'm some racist hater ought to put that in thier peace pipes and smoke it.

That comment reminds me of people who say "I'm not racist, some of my friends are black!"

no I don't have any black friends. Should I make some? I know many Amerinds, though I wouldn't say that they are my friends.

#175923 - 07/07/06 11:47 AM Re: lol [Re: $lesk]
TattooedKali Offline

Loc: Maine
I have heard from friends (who have lived months or years over there) that the Japanese are quite put off by an odor caucasians emit that is caused by the dairy in our diet.

#175924 - 07/07/06 11:48 AM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

The problem with EQ is that it tries to compare itself, to itself. There's no benchmark or clear defining standard of what it is, what it isn't, and what it measures, exactly.

You're also correct that it's commonly used to heap pity on people who didn't measure up in the IQ department. That's mealy-mouthed egalitarianism in disguise.

That being said, the idea of EQ points to something very important, which is that success does not depend upon a single aptitude or ability, and that what makes a person successful may be difficult to measure with a simple (usually "left-brained" or "analytical") test. Society has become all too enamored of the standarized test, for example, when common sense and observation show that doing well on the SAT, while impressive and good, isn't the be-all end-all of success in life. (Note that I'm not saying we should abolish standardized tests, I'm just saying they shouldn't be treated like the Windows to the Soul.)

For example, if you have two glasses of equal volume filled with water, one tall and narrow, the other short and wide, most all very young children will claim the taller glass holds more water, and will often be quite surprised when you show them by transfer that they have equal volume. They'll think it's a "trick." The don't understand spatial values yet, just gross visual assessment.

Yup. That's never ceased to amaze me, because I can't fathom not being able to figure that out.

If a toddler can comprehend the value of "letting an investment pay off" then he has developed the ability of foresight earlier than average and will probably always be a step ahead of others in development.

Indeed.

What's interesting is that foresight was just part of the success strategy; the kids also had to devise creative ways of distracting or entertaining themselves while waiting. None of the kids sat there staring at the marshmallow and avoiding it through pure willpower. (Interestingly, this is quite like what most religions expect people to do.) They sang, they told stories, they ran around, they talked to themselves.

Delaying gratification is actually a pretty sophisticated process. You have to be able to look into the future and imagine the ultimate end result, you have to resist your desire to grab what feels good right now, you have to be motivated or inspired to seek out your end goal and stick with it, and you have to have a plan of how you're going to delay gratification and meet your end goal. It requires both logic and imagination.

Oh, and I just fact-checked, and it seems these kids (predominantly four-year-olds) delayed gratification for not just five minutes, but fifteen! Bloody hell.

#175925 - 07/07/06 11:54 AM Re: lol [Re: Nidhogg]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

well shit I thought I was filed under ignore.

I said I would avoid your posts, not ignore them.

Quote:

Anyway yes people smell. Different smells for different people unless you are under the ridiculous illusion that humans are all the same, which would be a product of your socialization process.

People's scents are, for the most part, a product of diet. Usually dietary scents are so minute that they are not easily detectable from the distance of common interaction. You said black people smell like burning rubber, asians like fish and whites like bologna. This statement is ridiculous. I lived in Japan for 4 years and never smelled a person who reeked of fish. This may be due to the fact that I stayed out of the strip clubs but I still stand by my observations. Blacks smell like burning rubber? Where did you get this? I've never noticed this. Maybe the burning rubber you smell is from the tires on your car as you peel out to get away from the big, bad black man that approaches.

Quote:

I'm thinking a bit differently here. I think that human biodiversity is a good thing and as I have said before I am not a hater. Races are different from other each biologically.

Of course the races are different from each other biologically. That is exactly what constitutes a different race. My problem with you is not that I don't believe there are differences. It is in the fact that you spouted off short, hateful, quasi-retarded statements with no purpose other than to degrade an entire group of people based soley on the fact that their diet makes them secrete a scent that you find offensive. The fact that you would "avoid" them because of this speaks volumes about you.

Quote:

Yes interbreeding is possible I spent a good chunk of last night dancing with a Metis girl (French + Cree). So all those people that think I'm some racist hater ought to put that in thier peace pipes and smoke it.

Just because you were horny does not mean you're not a racist. Some of the most famous slave owners in history have "danced with a Metis girl". We can only go by the statements you make, not the places you put your cock.

Quote:

I am a ~racialist~ in the true sense of the word in that I reckon that races are different and I find that difference interesting. Yes my comment about the way blacks smell were insensitive, I'll admit that and apologize for it. Sorry folks I'll try to keep some of my redneck tendencies in check.

I, for one, didn't comment on your statements to receive an apology. It does not bother me, personally, how you view the world. I just found some of your statements to be a tad out of place in an intelligent conversation on a sometimes touchy subject. You brought a feeling of confrontation to a civilized discussion, that's all. Did you expect everyone to laugh and start bashing those "smelly" races? Not here. Not ever.

-Ethiopian Proverb

#175926 - 07/07/06 12:04 PM Perception [Re: Nidhogg]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

"no I don't have any black friends. Should I make some? I know many Amerinds, though I wouldn't say that they are my friends."

No more joking around for me now.

Let's talk about Racism, skin color and hatred.

I lived in Oakland, California for many, many years. That is the place on the planet I consider home. Question for people in the USA: aside from a football and baseall team, what comes to mind when you hear about Oakland?

Nice Craftsman houses? Quiet tree lined streets? Beautiful parks in the hills? Neighborhoods with mostly Upper-Middle income whites?

Probably not.

But that's Oakland. Part of it. A friend of mine (because the topic is racisism: he is of mixed background-- Philipino, White American, Mexican (his family ancestory there goes back to the Aztecs, so he claims), and Native American) pointed out something funny to me. He said, "We've been living in Oakland for how long? How come we don't have any Black friends?"

Well, it was very infrequent that a Black person would travel through our circle. When they did, we didn't even care about their color. Were they fun to be around? Were they interesting? Persons of Color get the same treatment from me that everyone else does.

Are they intelligent? Fun to talk to? Time suckage and mutual benefit are the weighing factors here.

Am I a racist? Well, I think that question is best answered in song.

#175927 - 07/07/06 12:09 PM Re: lol [Re: Minus]
Soleil Noir Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Freudenabteilung
Quote:

Just because you were horny does not mean you're not a racist. Some of the most famous slave owners in history have "danced with a Metis girl". We can only go by the statements you make, not the places you put your cock.

Exactly! Strom Thurmond comes to mind here!

#175928 - 07/07/06 12:16 PM Re: Perception [Re: RandomStranger]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Great post. You make a great point when you state WHY you didn't hang out with any black people. It wasn't because they were black...it was because the black people you were exposed to in your area did not stimulate you in the least. That is not racism, that is surrounding yourself with people you like.

You do not seem like you would excluded a black person who was stimulating and interesting from your circle merely because he was black. That is the difference between you and a racist.

-Ethiopian Proverb

#175929 - 07/07/06 12:24 PM Re: Perception [Re: RandomStranger]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

"no I don't have any black friends. Should I make some? I know many Amerinds, though I wouldn't say that they are my friends."

No more joking around for me now.

Let's talk about Racism, skin color and hatred.

I lived in Oakland, California for many, many years. That is the place on the planet I consider home. Question for people in the USA: aside from a football and baseall team, what comes to mind when you hear about Oakland?

Nice Craftsman houses? Quiet tree lined streets? Beautiful parks in the hills? Neighborhoods with mostly Upper-Middle income whites?

Probably not.

But that's Oakland. Part of it. A friend of mine (because the topic is racisism: he is of mixed background-- Philipino, White American, Mexican (his family ancestory there goes back to the Aztecs, so he claims), and Native American) pointed out something funny to me. He said, "We've been living in Oakland for how long? How come we don't have any Black friends?"

Well, it was very infrequent that a Black person would travel through our circle. When they did, we didn't even care about their color. Were they fun to be around? Were they interesting? Persons of Color get the same treatment from me that everyone else does.

Are they intelligent? Fun to talk to? Time suckage and mutual benefit are the weighing factors here.

Am I a racist? Well, I think that question is best answered in song.

funny song, come to think of it I haven't encountered many blacks outside of recent African immigrants/reffugees. Maybe I'm just reeling from cultureshock or something.

I'm not a fuckin hater.

#175930 - 07/07/06 12:32 PM Re: lol [Re: Soleil Noir]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

I just noticed this...hilarious!

-Ethiopian Proverb

#175931 - 07/07/06 12:46 PM Re: lol [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

I believe the motto you're thinking of is "Meine Ehre heißt Treue." Not that Herr Slesk's Totenkopf is a sure sign that he has this slogan accompanying it, nor that even if he did it would imply Nazi sympathies. It is a beautiful phrase in its own right.

However, I will say this: there is intelligent argument to be made for racial differences, and I will even concede validity to "ethic odors" which are based mostly on diet, but you've not made an intelligent argument, simply made silly sounding statements that do you no credit. I advise backing off before you dig yourself any deeper.

I just caught this, yes I think I'll take your advice. I am off this thread as of now.

#175932 - 07/07/06 12:53 PM Re: lol [Re: Nidhogg]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Wise choice.

#175933 - 07/07/06 02:05 PM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Neko]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

There have been studies done that show a genetic link in intelligence

Oh, I don't doubt that intelligence is pretty strongly correlated to FAMILY. Just whether there's plausible data correlating intelligence to RACE.

#175934 - 07/07/06 02:15 PM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Well, I still have a reservation about the view you've just expressed.

One thing about this debate that tends to bother me, is whether a conjecture is "motivated" -- whether it's required to explain something in the data that can't be accounted for by the already-known factors, or whether it's being included on the basis of anecdotal evidence or preconceptions. I don't believe YOU are biased, Warlock; but I sometimes hear a stronger version of this line of argument, which could culminate in something like: "It's possible therefore I'm justified in supposing it until you can prove it's not possible".

The statistics, considered in abstract, might be taken, as you say, to "suggest" racial differences; but a suggestion isn't enough to make for a scientifically valid hypothesis.

Now, it may be that in a hundred, two hundred years, we have better data at our disposal; and that data might suggest a correlation between intelligence and race that can't be accounted for by the factors I pointed to. It's possible that might happen.

But right now, we don't seem to have much by way of a good reason for thinking that the environmental factors aren't enough. So although we can imagine scenarios in which it could become reasonable to believe in these racial differences, right now, with the data we actually have (and excluding the data we might imagine we might get in the future), it seems to me a little like positing occult forces.

That's why I don't have much patience for it, and I'm not really willing to grant the stronger version the status of a "reasonable opinion".

I say all this not as a psychologist or anthropologist, but just as a moderately informed person.

#175935 - 07/07/06 03:55 PM Re: Perception [Re: Minus]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

Great post. You make a great point when you state WHY you didn't hang out with any black people. It wasn't because they were black...it was because the black people you were exposed to in your area did not stimulate you in the least. That is not racism, that is surrounding yourself with people you like.

You do not seem like you would excluded a black person who was stimulating and interesting from your circle merely because he was black. That is the difference between you and a racist.

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y.

#175936 - 07/07/06 04:41 PM My thoughts on racism and bigotry [Re: x9x]
Helliott Offline

Loc: VA
Here's my thoughts on racism:

Some people, for whatever reason, have an emotional need to "feel big." They feel like they should be the kings of their world, and thus they need subjects. They NEED to feel better than somebody, because they're mostly worthless themselves!

So they say that (maybe not in so many words) or act like they're better than others for racial, political, religious, or other reasons, because they have nothing else on which to base their ludacris claims!

And then, to top it all off, they may come up with "reasons" why they better than blacks, mexicans, jews, etc.! "Blame blacks for gang violence!"

Anything to make the worthless feel good about himself, thus fulfilling the ego he claims to deny.
"I come from hell, presently, to take you there!" -Edward "Blackbeard" Teach "You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!" "What must one do to become blessed? That I do not know, but I say to you: 'Be Blessed, and then do whatever you please." -Friedrich Nietzsche

#175937 - 07/07/06 06:54 PM Body Odor... [Re: Nidhogg]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

All humans do in fact stink. It really all boils down to "you are what you eat" - in most cases, but not all. I'm not talking about bad hygiene, but natural body odor. I've known people who eat nothing but junk and smoke cigarettes - yet they still smelled better than some vegetarians and vegans that I know. Again...exceptions. Do you know what is the biggest deciding factor in how we percieve and react to body odor? Attraction! You will naturally be very attracted to the body odors of the people you like - at worst, they just won't bother you. If I'm attracted to a man, his armpit odor will not bother me, sometimes I even like it. Put me next to someone I'm not attracted to and their sweatiness will be repulsive to me. Bad hygiene such as smelly feet and bad breath are not appealing to me at all, regardless if I'm attracted to the person. Natural pheremones are different. As far as what stink do I prefer? Germans and Scandinavians!

Edited by Carkosa (07/07/06 06:56 PM)

#175938 - 07/07/06 10:48 PM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Carkosa]
Dark_Adept Offline
CoS Warlock

Ever read The Bell Curve Carkosa? It's pretty good and informative. It caught my attention when it came out in the early 90s.

#175939 - 07/07/06 11:12 PM Food for thought Leviathan [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Dark_Adept Offline
CoS Warlock

Living in Southern California (LA) some consistent observations have always puzzled me up to this day. Why are there more liquor stores in impoverished areas as well as advertisements for strip clubs in addition to alcohol and tobacco as opposed to more "affluent" areas which just happened to be inhabited by white and jews? Another issue that's gotten my attention was what my wife told me happened to her at her job with a patient she bullshitted with who alleged to be a political associate of Magic Johnson. A few years ago Magic Johnson established a community center and park near Compton (most of you who attended the High Mass joked about Compton so I'm sure you understand where I'm going with this). In the 80s and through the 90s Compton was corrupt and full of drugs, prostitution and somewhat consistent cases of drive by's. In the mid to late 90s Magic Johnson began putting money into the community and rehabilitated felons were given a second chance to participate in the revitalization of their community. With the exception of the Compton Police scanal, Compton has improved significantly compared to 20 years ago. I wouldn't conceive of going there considering some parties in those days ended up there. Now from what I've heard 3rd party from the conversation, this local politician who's also a preacher, mentioned that Magic Johnson had gotten "spooked" from his project on revitalizing Compton. What I mean by spooked was that he was coerced or persuaded, depending on how you look at it, into ceasing his financial venture altogether. Now of course I'd don't believe hearsay, but until this came up, I have noticed that there hasn't been any mention of him for several years now. There are two starbucks in Inglewood, which is a largely black area that's about 3rd in rank to formerly bad areas that was improving since businesses such as these were put into the community. 10-15 years ago, I'm pretty sure that a business such as Starbucks or Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf wouldn't have lasted more than 6 months in such an area. The entire elusiveness of this is a question that no one wants to answer and no reporter dares to venture on, lest he end up assassinated or end up missing. Even Jesse Jackson has decided to "tap dance and cow tow" off the stage due to negative political pressures and influences.

#175940 - 07/08/06 03:08 AM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Dark_Adept]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

Ever read The Bell Curve Carkosa? It's pretty good and informative. It caught my attention when it came out in the early 90s.

No, I have not. Interesting you brought that up, because this conversation inspired me to want to pick that up next week when I go book shopping, along with The Kinsey Report and the updated Satanic Witch (I still have the orange covered one that is now falling apart!).

When it comes to the whole race issue, I find no sympathy for stereotypes. I also find "racial pride" to be ridiculous. Why be proud of something you had no choice in being? It's not a bad thing to be proud of your culture. It's only bad when people think their race or culture was or is superior, so that means they are automatically superior too! When I read statistics that show my ethnicity in a negative light, I don't give a shit. Why? Because I don't identify with that. I am not my race. I am an individual. I am a Satanist! Which I consider a race unto itself! We are born, not made. It is that special seed that makes our choices better and shapes us into what we are. I am proud to be a Satanist because it's the life I chose. It is me. If I see Satanism portrayed in a negative light, I do have every right to be upset because it is what I identify with and it is my choice. It is a reflection on me. Defend and be proud of the things you choose and your accomplishments. That is what truly defines and makes you - not the ethnicity or race you had no choice in being.

Edited by Carkosa (07/08/06 03:18 AM)

#175941 - 07/08/06 12:44 PM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Carkosa]
ModernTantalus Offline

Quote:

Asians have the largest brain size, whites intermediate and Blacks the smallest. (this is being debated by recent studies)

Brain size does not necessarily denote intelligence. If this were the case, the Sperm Whale would be the most intelligent creature on earth. Which I'm not belittling the intelligence of a Sperm Whale, they certainly are not on par with a human being.
Quote:

An IQ of 70 is considered retarded but it is the common IQ score among Africans.

Time and time again it's been shown that there is a cultural and educational bias in IQ tests. After all, you can't very well understand the relation between a Cormorant and a Duck if if you have no idea what a Cormorant is! This lack of knowledge has to do with education and nothing to do with intelligence or logical reasoning. Also, IQ tests measure a standard distribution around a curve, but where people lie on that curve depends on their society. An IQ test designed by Africans for Africans would show most Africans laying around 100 IQ and most whites at below 100. The problem is that most IQ tests are designed by whites, for whites, hence the opposite observation. When considering the results of subjective tests such as IQ tests, it's important to keep in mind the selection bias and cultural biases of the test makers. We also must keep in mind that there's no concrete definition of intelligence, so IQ tests are trying to measure something that we haven't even defined yet!

#175942 - 07/08/06 12:48 PM Re: lol [Re: TattooedKali]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

I've heard that one many times as well, albeit from Pakistani and Indian people who find our dairy-induced odors rather nauseating. It all boils down to culture, I would say. Western people don't notice what odor we emit because everyone has that odor to some degree at all times.

I will not even go into the difference in smell when it comes to flatulence

#175943 - 07/08/06 01:02 PM Re: lol [Re: $lesk]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Silence! The White Man's fart is pure and noble. That of any other race is barely a rank above a simian emission.

#175944 - 07/08/06 02:54 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: TrojZyr]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Diet definitely plays a major part in body odor. My youngest sisters ex-boyfriend, who happened to be black, always asserted that white girls smell like spaghettios.

#175945 - 07/08/06 02:57 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: TrojZyr]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

I can't think of anything in response to that other than... !

#175946 - 07/08/06 04:00 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Tiberia]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

My youngest sisters ex-boyfriend, who happened to be black

"There are a couple of terms that are used in connection with minorities, usually by guilty white liberals. First one is "happens to be". He happens to be black. I have a friend who happens to be black. Like it's a fucking accident. He had two black parents? Yes. And they fucked? Yes, yes. So where does the surprise part come in? I sbould think it would be more unusual if he just happened to be Scandinavian. And the other term is "openly". He's openly gay. But this is the only minority they use that for. You know you wouldn't say someone is openly black. Well maybe James Brown. Or Lewis Farakkan! Lewis Farakkan is openly black. Colin Powell is not openly black. Colin Powell is openly white. He just happens to be black." - George Carlin

Sorry, but after you've seen this bit you can't help but think of it every time someone utters that expression.

#175948 - 07/08/06 05:03 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

I see your point, that the term "happen" implies a possible alternative. Under certain circumstances, such as children born to a mixed race couple, which is the case with our grandchildren, the girls happen to be a light brown, but our grandson happened to be very light.

#175949 - 07/08/06 05:07 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Tiberia]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Melanin happens!

#175956 - 07/09/06 07:42 AM White Man's Flatulence [Re: reprobate]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

The White Man will surely conquer those pesky other races using only the distilled purity of His fart.

Aryan Flatulence, by Coco Chanel.

#175957 - 07/09/06 09:03 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
FoX Offline

Loc: North Carolina ,USA
" Although the most clear-sighted judges of the witches and even the witches themselves were convinced the witches were guilty of witchcraft, no guilt in fact existed. So it is with all guilt." -F.W.Nietzsche

Attachments
357122-whitedevil.JPG (55 downloads)

#175958 - 10/02/06 02:53 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
sethalla Offline

Loc: canada
We must let the human become like they want that sure that if your country try to eliminate a race for false reson maybe that possible the other race reply.In reality your country is at war that normal whit the pression the people turn crazy....change your president and stop yoour raciste war maybe you will understand a day where the lie is from the raciste that just a little invention that not realy alive that a sickness who infect the world.

#175959 - 10/03/06 01:40 PM Re: Stereotypes [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
Quote:

I typically discard the entire idea of "EQ." Besides the fact that it reeks of apologetics for low-IQ but highly social washups, it also attempts to counter the fact that many of the greatest productive geniuses are antisocial or asocial. Typically, the smarter the person the more isolated they are from others. It's lonely at the top, but you're in good company.

I can't recall somebody ever defined EQ as "being social".
This is the most up-to-date criteria for EQ (from wikipedia):

Extending Gardner's multiple intelligence, Salovey proposed five categories when defining emotional intelligence. And Goleman(1995) adopted Salovey's definition which divides emotional intelligence into the following five emotional competencies:

1. The ability to identify and name one's emotional states and to understand the link between emotions, thought and action.
2. The capacity to manage one's emotional states — to control emotions or to shift undesirable emotional states to more adequate ones.
3. The ability to enter into emotional states (at will) associated with a drive to achieve and be successful.
4. The capacity to read, be sensitive to, and influence other people's emotions.
5. The ability to enter and sustain satisfactory interpersonal relationships. (Goleman, 1995)

Actually- it was proven that those who have a high EQ level, also have average or higher than average IQ- so one can't really say it "reeks of apologetics for low-IQ but highly social washups"...
There is A LOT of criticism on how intelligence is calculated… I, for one, don't believe there should be a separation between EQ and IQ- I don't think there CAN be.
But I'm just saying- I don't think EQ should be dismissed so easily- I think it's *a step* towards having a correct tool to measure intelligence. The measuring tools we poses are still very insufficient, but I think psychology is on the right path.

(or am I missing somthing here? )

#175960 - 10/03/06 07:22 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
My thoughts are as such:

I have never had an issue with getting along with any color of the human animal. EVER.

What I do have a problem with is the fact that it always seems as if whites are the only ones who seem to have 'race issues'. I have African American friends who tend to agree with me that this is not the case and are of like mind.

When I say this I mean:

I don't feel guilty for being white. A white man blew up a rather large building if we all recall years back. Does that make me a racist for being white?

Jim Jones poisoned a bunch of sheep. Does that make me a racist because his skin was white? Of course not.

What gets me is that I am blamed for the actions of others in a time when I wasn't even a speck in my daddy's eye.

I also blame our history books that children read today. As far as I understand, a bunch of 'cracka's' didn't just hop on a boat and go collect and enslave the African American people. As far as I recollect, they were sold to us by 'higher' African American people. The African Americans were sold out by their own race.

Does that make what happened to them in the States right? Of course not, but I'm not the one to blame.

I mock this whole 'restitution' thing. Being paid back for what happened to their ancestors years prior.

I'm part Irish. Remember how we were treated? Do I want something in return for the way my potatoe farming ancestors were treated? NO.

You know, no matter how far we think we have evolved we are still just beast walking upright. Human animals. People will do as they wilt. There is no changing a persons mind on the whole racial issue. You can watch American History X until your eyes pop out but if you're a racist be it a black, white, red or olive skinned racist you're a racist plain and simple.

I will never feel guilty for being white. It is who I am and nothing (not even a crazy psycho white man with a gun picking off people at a 7-11 will change that).

I don't believe in the whole 'guilty by association' card when it comes to color. You're a racist or you're not.

Either or? Makes no nevermind to me. Be who you are and all I can do is to be who I am.

Good post. It was nice to get some things off my chest. I'm tired of being blamed for things based not on my mind or my actions but that of my skin color.

Whites aren't the only racist out there and I think we all know that. Racism has no color.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#175961 - 10/03/06 08:27 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: RandomStranger]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

In the USA, people have "God Bless America" stickers on cars, stores, houses. People fly American flags from their homes, cars, etc...

What would happen if I lived in Europe and wore my country's flag on everything?

Yes, the US is different from where you live. We have jokes about West Virginians, Californians and Texans. Everywhere on the planet you go, people give other people shit. There is a big difference between laughing things off and declaring fatwahs. If an asshole provokes someone and gets what they ask for, regardless of color or religion, they brought it on themselves. Usually.

I have posted my views on Islam in the appropriate forum. This being a publicly viewed forum, I'll hold my tongue but I'll leave you with a joke.

One man shouted:

Another man says:

I just read your response......

beautiful! You made me smile.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#175962 - 10/04/06 12:21 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Loc: CA

#175963 - 10/04/06 12:26 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Two words!

Chicken and watermelon.

That'll take all the guilt that whites have for blacks.

HS!

#175964 - 10/04/06 12:29 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Loc: CA
The one inarguably superior color is $GREEN!

#175965 - 10/04/06 03:14 AM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Callier]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
Oh goody, a picnic! I'll bring the charcoal and beer!
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#175966 - 10/04/06 07:27 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: x9x]
redheadgrl Offline

I don't consider ones race (or any other genetic characteristic) to make them superior or inferior to others. If they are stupid and can't think for themselves, then I consider them to be inferior-and I feel no guilt for this. Nor do I feel a need to coddle the stupid.

#175967 - 10/04/06 08:23 PM Re: Guilty of being white- thoughts on racism [Re: Callier]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Quote:

Two words!

Chicken and watermelon.

That'll take all the guilt that whites have for blacks.

HS!

You forgot about Orange Soda and Barbeque.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43882 Topics
404449 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements