Topic Options
#176169 - 07/07/06 02:23 AM If I may say.
MrHarris Offline

Loc: Canada N.B.
I'm not exactly sure if this qualifies for a comment. More like an appreciation comment perhaps. When I sighned up to LttD, my purpose was to read interesting and informative essays, have some quick questions cleared up and just to sit and enjoy what other Satanists have to say. I have learned more about the COS as an organization which means that I am in NO hurry to bacome a card carrying member. I'm sure the future will be 'darker' for that day for it will come, just not now. Misanthropy is one reason why I realized myself a Satanist and it was because I didn't have to become a member of a group. I don't have to follow guidelines belonging to an organizational clause or code. I don't really want any part of what anyone has to offer, which seems wierd as a Satanist speaking about Satanism. Anton LaVey's rules aren't strict guidelines. It's common sense. I am satisfied being a part of my family and seeing me as the godhead. (and I don't mean that in a David Koresh way). Just because I may never carry that crimson card doesn't make me feel like I'm not a Satanist. I have enjoyed this site greatly and have appreciated the education from Magisters, Warlocks and Preistess (honestly, while reading posts I sometimes use allwords.com as a tool for learning). Most Satanists are misanthropes and true individuals with their own opinions but some are here looking for other Satanist to meet like it's a Boys Brigade Group. Others are like, "yeah...this guy rocks". "He's anti-COS"...."Oh, that guy sucks". From this I enjoy being a misanthropist and feel very encouraged in myself to say I don't need anyone.

This may seem like a rant as well as an odd comment but thanks for the experience thus far and am looking forward to more than I can handle.

#176170 - 07/08/06 12:41 PM Re: If I may say. [Re: MrHarris]
L. Kabron Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Quote:

I'm not exactly sure if this qualifies for a comment. More like an appreciation comment perhaps. When I sighned up to LttD, my purpose was to read interesting and informative essays, have some quick questions cleared up and just to sit and enjoy what other Satanists have to say. I have learned more about the COS as an organization which means that I am in NO hurry to bacome a card carrying member. I'm sure the future will be 'darker' for that day for it will come, just not now. Misanthropy is one reason why I realized myself a Satanist and it was because I didn't have to become a member of a group. I don't have to follow guidelines belonging to an organizational clause or code. I don't really want any part of what anyone has to offer, which seems wierd as a Satanist speaking about Satanism. Anton LaVey's rules aren't strict guidelines. It's common sense. I am satisfied being a part of my family and seeing me as the godhead. (and I don't mean that in a David Koresh way). Just because I may never carry that crimson card doesn't make me feel like I'm not a Satanist. I have enjoyed this site greatly and have appreciated the education from Magisters, Warlocks and Preistess (honestly, while reading posts I sometimes use allwords.com as a tool for learning). Most Satanists are misanthropes and true individuals with their own opinions but some are here looking for other Satanist to meet like it's a Boys Brigade Group. Others are like, "yeah...this guy rocks". "He's anti-COS"...."Oh, that guy sucks". From this I enjoy being a misanthropist and feel very encouraged in myself to say I don't need anyone.

This may seem like a rant as well as an odd comment but thanks for the experience thus far and am looking forward to more than I can handle.

I consider myself a misanthrope as well, a true misanthrope, I loathe people through and through, and avoid social interaction as much as possible, but I still see nothing wrong with giving back, especially to an organization from which you have supposedly garnered so much from...

http://www.myspace.com/lkabron

#176171 - 07/11/06 08:21 AM Re: If I may say. [Re: MrHarris]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I'm not entirely sure if I'm truly a misanthrope, or just extremely disappointed by much of our species. Perhaps that is more to root of reclusive behavior...I don't know. Like yourself, repeated trips to this board is because there is more the average intelligent discussion.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#176172 - 07/12/06 10:50 AM Re: If I may say. [Re: MrHarris]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: Florida
I can definitely understand where your coming from, but it's not like anyone has said that you have to be a member of the CoS to prove that you're a Satanist. While many of us are likely to see fellow CoS members as being more credible, we recognize that there are many Satanists in the world who are not affiliated with any group.

The problems arise when a person or group tries to pass off something contadictory to Satanic philosophy as being part of Satanism. Perhaps from their delusional point of view Satanism is a good excuse to engage in criminal activity or some other stupid behavior. They'll usually spout off with some "I'm a Satanist so I can do whatever I want" nonsense. What they fail to realize is that Satanism doesn't work that way.

Anton LaVey's rules aren't strict guidelines.

That depends on what you mean by "strict guidelines". Whe Anton LaVey codified Satanism, he wasn't saying that everyone on the face of the planet should live by his rules. However he was defining the parameters for what is and isn't Satanism. Anyone who chooses to operate outside those parameters who thinks they are a Satanist is sadly mistaken.

As far as being against those who are against the CoS, like any wolf, I'm loyal to my pack. When a detractor stands up to tell lies about my friends, it pisses me off. The situation itself determines how I react.

At the same time, I too have noticed a few occasions where a few CoS members have been a little heavy-handed in their praise of other members' work. I don't think there's really any harm in it though, maybe they're just a little more excitable than I am. Then again I was raised in a manner that if someone does something that really knocks my socks off, I'll usually express my praise privately.

I enjoy being a misanthropist and feel very encouraged in myself to say I don't need anyone.

There's a big difference between "needing people" and recognizing that some individuals are actually quite useful (or at least quite entertaining ). When I think of how I run my businesses now compared to how it would be without my friends and other contacts I've made, it would be like trying to swim with bricks tied around my ankles.

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

Forum Stats
12221 Members
73 Forums
44002 Topics
406144 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements