Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#177276 - 07/12/06 07:47 PM Should drug dealers come to your house [Re: WolfMoon]
Myster_Tale Offline

Loc: Israel
Would you engage in long debates with them on why not to take drugs?

Opium for the masses, my friend, opium for the masses...

#177277 - 07/12/06 07:49 PM Re: Should drug dealers come to your house [Re: Myster_Tale]
WolfMoon Offline

I understand. But some of you are missing my point. It was entertaining and a good laugh.

#177278 - 07/12/06 07:53 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: Quaark]
Myster_Tale Offline

Loc: Israel
I don't get any Mormons around here, but would you mind if I used that anyway?

#177279 - 07/12/06 08:10 PM Re: Should drug dealers come to your house [Re: WolfMoon]
ModernTantalus Offline

I get your point entirely. I love debating with religious people, Christians in particular. As posted in another thread, I'm a Sadomasochist, and LaVey, in his deeply insightful exploration of subconcious psychology, revealed that many things we do and enjoy can be linked to our fetishes. I find that arguing with those of religious faith irritates me to no end, satisfying my inner masochist. At the same time, the idea that I may have shaken their faith and put them in a deep state of spiritual discomfort satisfies my sadistic side. LaVeyan psychology at its best.

#177280 - 07/12/06 08:29 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: WolfMoon]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

I was in the 7 day store on base with my wife and little girl last Friday evening in order to rent a few movies from the horrible selection they carry.

We were on our way to the cashier after stopping by the liquor section to pick up a bottle of Jack Daniels and a young man about 18 or 19 stepped in front of me, blocking my way.

He said, "Excuse me, sir, would you like to attend a church ser....." He stopped himself when he noticed the Baphomet hanging on my chest.

I smiled and politely declined saying "I don't think so. But thank you." I waited for him to move out of my way and we walked passed him.

My wife on the other hand HATES to be bothered by "missionaires" She normally is very rude to them. Seeing that the situation was handled, she kept her comments to her self.

That was the first time in a very long time some one had bothered me or tried to invite me to a service, so I wasn't upset, but rather amused at him for not even attempting to finish his invite.

The way I handle a scenario depends on my mood and exactly how they approach me at the time and it also depends how they re-act towards me once they have been rejected.

#177281 - 07/12/06 11:07 PM Re: Should drug dealers come to your house [Re: ModernTantalus]
Ricochet_Rabbit Offline

Loc: Minnesota
uhh... what tantalus said.

I also understand myster tale, but the fact is... drug dealers don't come to my house. But depending on the drug i may very well mock them. And anyway I dont think I'd necessarly be against the idea of drug dealers coming to my house , at least they sell something tangible -alot of things are drugs if you think about it; who drinks coke?-.
"The truth is, as every one knows, that the great artists of the world are never Puritans, and seldom even ordinarily respectable. No virtuous man- that is, virtuous in the Y.M.C.A. sense- has ever painted a picture worth looking at, or written a symphony worth hearing, or a book worth reading, and it is highly improbable that the thing has ever been done by a virtuous woman." ..........H.L. Mencken " mmmmmm... sacreligious" - Homer J. Simson

#177282 - 07/13/06 11:01 AM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: CWH]
DarkWater Offline
CoS Member

Loc: SinCity
Quote:

He said, "Excuse me, sir, would you like to attend a church ser....." He stopped himself when he noticed the Baphomet hanging on my chest.

I smiled and politely declined saying "I don't think so. But thank you." I waited for him to move out of my way and we walked passed him.

I had a similar experience a few days ago. I had just climbed on my Harley, its somewhat obnoxiously loud pipes singing their song, when a pretty little thing walked up and invited me to attend a special conference. As she reached to hand me a pamphlet, I noticed that she was a Jehovah's Witness. I kindly declined the pamphlet, explaining I was about to ride off. I also told her I would not be attending the conference but thanked her for the offer.

I have never before thanked a missionary for interrupting my life. But, as I mentioned, she was a pretty little thing.

Moral of the story: To all those who wish to save my soul, please don't bother. But if you must, send beautiful messengers. Granted, I care nothing for the message, but this does not mean I cannot appreciate its deliverers!

DarkWater

p.s. The only Satanic emblem visible during that encounter was the 4" Baphomet sticker -- courtesy of the CoS Emporium -- on the back of my helmet, a sight she likely saw only as I rode away.

#177283 - 07/13/06 12:22 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: Ricochet_Rabbit]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Yeah, it is rather fun and enlightening to ask religionists the tough questions. I personally like to ask evangelical Christians about people who are born intersexed or hermaphroditic---Why did god do that? Are they male or female? Straight or gay? Who can they marry? Are they allowed to get surgery to fix it?

Does the Mormon church still officially think those things about other races? I know they like to proselytize in other countries, especially in the Pacific Islands, so there's a bit of a potential sticky wicket here. Got any good scandalous quotes from the Book of Mormon?

For the most part, though, as long as they don't get cheeky, rude, or presumptuous with me, I usually don't get cheeky or rude with them.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#177284 - 07/13/06 01:48 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: TrojZyr]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
I love debating with religionists. They are so predictable in most cases that it has almost become second nature in judging what is next and shooting it down or at the very least bringing up a counterpoint for them to further linger on. I have this one girl, a very beautiful thing, pity shes a christain, but anyway, she still calls me from time to time with more questions that she has "researched and thought about for a while". While most may disagree that this would ever happen, she has become a different person, and almost obviously close to renouncing her faith completely! I love it!

#177285 - 07/13/06 05:12 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: TrojZyr]
Ricochet_Rabbit Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Quote:

Does the Mormon church still officially think those things about other races? I know they like to proselytize in other countries, especially in the Pacific Islands, so there's a bit of a potential sticky wicket here. Got any good scandalous quotes from the Book of Mormon?

It's still in there but they dont actively preach that- The mark of cain means your black(so is the devil), native americans got turned red after they stopped following the prophet and later, conveniently killed all the white blue-eyed native americans. I'm not exaclty sure what the problem is with asians.

Most mormons are very careful not to talk about most of this stuff untill after your converted.

As for quotes;far too many... these are only a few examples on a list a mile long. Most of these are from the journal of discourses. Which is found in the back of most books of mormon.

Quote:

Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so.

Author: Brigham Young
Source: Journal Of Discourses

woops... guess I'm goin to hell ... it was worth it

Quote:

God is in the still small voice. In all these affidavits, indictments, it is all of the devil—all corruption. Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on the top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet. You know my daily walk and conversation. I am in the bosom of a virtuous and good people. How I do love to hear the wolves howl! When they can get rid of me, the devil will also go.

Author: Joseph Smith
Source: History Of The Church
Volume: 6
Chapter: 12
Page: 408-409

Here's a particularly crazy one... not really sure what he was trying to convey at the end there- besides the obvious message of him being THE shit.

Joseph smith also said that there are inhabitants on the moon who dress like quakers and can live to be around 1000 years old.

uhhh... brain...stupidifying...

Im done with this... my mental masochism has limits.
"The truth is, as every one knows, that the great artists of the world are never Puritans, and seldom even ordinarily respectable. No virtuous man- that is, virtuous in the Y.M.C.A. sense- has ever painted a picture worth looking at, or written a symphony worth hearing, or a book worth reading, and it is highly improbable that the thing has ever been done by a virtuous woman." ..........H.L. Mencken " mmmmmm... sacreligious" - Homer J. Simson

#177286 - 07/13/06 05:19 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: DarkWater]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

You should have given her a counter offer and invited her to hop on your hog!

#177287 - 07/13/06 05:55 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: TrojZyr]
Mile_Highlander Offline

Quote:

Does the Mormon church still officially think those things about other races?

Being a former LDS member, I was going to stay out of this discussion. But what the heck, I'll chime in anyway....

It's difficult to say what exactly "the Mormons" believe as there are many different sects within that religion. But for the most part, the main branch of the Mormon church (headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah) does not teach that black people and other "non-white" races are cursed -> anymore.
They were cursed at one time because of their disobidience to god. The reminder to everyone is of course the different skin colors. There are many blacks today in the LDS church who believe that their ancestors were "wicked" and that is why they carry the mark of Cain now. Mormons do have a teaching similar to Karma as well.
At first, the Mormons only allowed whites to join their church. Then they allowed "non-whites" to join, but these men could not hold the preisthood and non-whites (man or woman) could not enter the temples. In the 70's the church found themselves in a bad situation - Racism was not good P.R. and the fact that membership in the church had grown considerably in South America, the Phillipines and Pacific Island countries. While this brought in much tithing money, it left large congregations around the world without any leadership (see above), not to mention seething with resentment.
So one day, a "president" of the church received a glorius revelation from god that it was OKAY to allow non-whites into the preisthood and all has been well ever since.

#177288 - 07/13/06 06:12 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: Mile_Highlander]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
How nice of "god" to change his mind.

Oh well, at least they still have gays, or they'd have no one to bash, I mean, er, provide tough love to.,

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#177289 - 07/13/06 06:27 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: WolfMoon]
Lust Offline

I have personally never met any door to door Mormon's. I have seen them on their bikes, and walking around.
I find it funny that so many of these people believe that The Book Of Mormon is an ancient text, 600 BC I think is what Joseph Smith claimed it too be.
Blatant in the Book Of Mormon Is the use of chiasmus in inverted grammar, which I would say discredits his claim.
I would also say that Joseph Smith was the sole author of The Book of Mormon.
This guy was one Hell of a Salesman.

Edited by Tier_Instinct (07/13/06 07:07 PM)
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#177290 - 07/13/06 06:44 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: ModernTantalus]
Nogitsune Offline

Loc: N. Region of the W. World
Quote:

After all, what could be more Satanic than destroying faith with the light of reason?

That's a fairly easy question.

Getting something of value to you in the process, be it money, or something else. That way, unreason is rooted out, and you benefit for your troubles. Tis a win win.
Within the eye of the storm of conformity, creativity runs rampant. The key then, is to surround yourself with the shaven fools if one is to truly be free. -Nogi The death rate on Earth is: .... (computing) .... One per person.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12098 Members
73 Forums
43863 Topics
405469 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements