Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#177291 - 07/13/06 06:47 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: Lust]
Helliott Offline

Loc: VA
I learned all I need to know about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon from watching South Park.

It's perplexing to me why people believe that sci- fi garbage.

"Joseph Smith was called a prophet, dum, dum, dum, dum, dum"

Edited by Helliott (07/13/06 06:49 PM)
"I come from hell, presently, to take you there!" -Edward "Blackbeard" Teach "You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!" "What must one do to become blessed? That I do not know, but I say to you: 'Be Blessed, and then do whatever you please." -Friedrich Nietzsche

#177292 - 07/14/06 08:52 AM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: CWH]
DarkWater Offline
CoS Member

Loc: SinCity
Quote:

You should have given her a counter offer and invited her to hop on your hog!

Don't think the thought failed to pass my mind. But there is a problem. I've got this saddle on my bike. It looks and feels great, but it only seats one ass at a time. She'd scratch the paint if she rode on the fender, and she wasn't worth that. Likewise, she'd cause me to crash if she rode on the tank or handlebars. This, too, would likely lead to scratched paint, and as I already said, she wasn't worth that. Gotta have priorities, my friend. Sometimes Harletta comes first.

DarkWater

#177293 - 07/14/06 07:49 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: DarkWater]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Sometimes Harletta comes first.

Completely understood!

#177294 - 07/15/06 02:03 AM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: DarkWater]
Ricochet_Rabbit Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Quote:

Don't think the thought failed to pass my mind.

That sounds like a cop-put
"The truth is, as every one knows, that the great artists of the world are never Puritans, and seldom even ordinarily respectable. No virtuous man- that is, virtuous in the Y.M.C.A. sense- has ever painted a picture worth looking at, or written a symphony worth hearing, or a book worth reading, and it is highly improbable that the thing has ever been done by a virtuous woman." ..........H.L. Mencken " mmmmmm... sacreligious" - Homer J. Simson

#177295 - 07/15/06 07:30 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: ThaDeej]
Biff Offline

Loc: Hong Kong, SAR
Ever tried to play it crazy with wholesale religionists and salesman? Its quite fun really, I once greeted a salesman with 'Greetings, my child'. That salesman must have had ironballs because he went on with his sales pitch and eventually I had to play it polite....

'It's only hubris, if I fail.' - Caesar (HBO's Rome)

HAIL SATAN!

#177296 - 07/15/06 10:50 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: DarkWater]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Quote:

Quote:

You should have given her a counter offer and invited her to hop on your hog!

Don't think the thought failed to pass my mind. But there is a problem. I've got this saddle on my bike.

She could have sat on your lap.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#177297 - 07/17/06 09:11 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: Maya]
tapasia Offline

Tee hee...I think my new policy for having fun with these people will be to say "I'd love to talk to you, but I'll need some of your hair first."

#177298 - 07/17/06 09:17 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: TrojZyr]
tapasia Offline

A fave of mine, also with the bonus of disgust factor, is "Hey, did you know it turns out we have a gene that keeps us immune from a disease we can only get from eating other humans' brains?" I like this for when the discussion comes around to creationism vs. evolution, and I use it to justify to xtains my practice of eating brains. God obviosly intended it.

#177299 - 07/19/06 10:06 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: WolfMoon]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

Oh! This is one of my favorites indeed! When Mormons come to my house I am polite and courteous however after they state why they are visiting, I tell say "No thanks, I have a religion". Of course they then ask me what it is, and I tell them. I discuss some of the main principles and they go about there way. Nice folks just terribly disillusioned.
On that same note, when I arrived in Los Angeles for the 666 event, I was approached by a Hare Krishna? He explained a little and vaguely about what he was doing, presented his books (that I had read a bit of over a decade ago) and I told him that I had a religion. I explained some of the principles and mentioned the psychology of it, also mentioning some Freud, Jung and some philosophers. He then presented another book with chapters in them about those people. I wasn't impressed. I told him that I knew where to find that information and that I had been studying the very same thing in college. He was a little persistent and then asked me for a donation, even after I wouldn't take the books! After he asked for the donation I said "what for?", he walked away.

#177300 - 07/20/06 11:25 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: DickSteele]
WolfMoon Offline

It seems some people feel you must support their cause even if you don't affiliate with them. They assume you might still succumb to some form of gullibility, or more simply, stupidity.

If I do not agree with your cause I do not support it. Period. Get it through your head!

#177301 - 07/21/06 12:41 AM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: Helliott]
Buffy Offline

Loc: Mackay- Australia
LMAO! I saw that episode too. Most entertaining.

The most successful people are those who are good at plan B.

#177302 - 09/17/06 02:54 PM Re: Door to door Mormons *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: WolfMoon]
Verity Offline

Post deleted by Phaere

Edited by Phaere (09/17/06 03:43 PM)

#177303 - 09/17/06 03:40 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: Verity]
WolfMoon Offline

Perhaps you should go back and read my posts in this thread and you will find your answers.

#177304 - 09/17/06 03:52 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: Verity]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Everything you stated here applies to you. Perhaps it is time to practice what you preach, young one.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#177305 - 09/17/06 08:23 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: WolfMoon]
Asmedious Offline

Alas, I am deeply saddened, for Mormons never ask me to come out and play.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43979 Topics
406036 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements