Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#177306 - 09/18/06 03:04 AM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: DarkWater]
Xsel Offline

Loc: Finland
I had some similar experiences during last winter. I personally don't have awnything against these pests but they can be a pain in the backside.

When I was still living in my old house last year there were these two Jehovah's Witneses going around the neighbourhood every month or so and everytime they rang my doorbell i was stupid enough to open the door. They started preaching me how their god was the only valid one. There was only slight problem because they were these two elderly men. Very nice seeming fellows so I didn't want to be too rude to them. After a while i moved my bookshelf so that you could see it through the window. I made sure that foremost visible was The Satanic Bible. Hence no more annoying preachers.

#177307 - 09/18/06 03:44 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: WolfMoon]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

When I lived with my mom when I was young, my mother wouldn't let me pull pranks on Jehovah's Witnesses. We either didn't answer the door or she would go out and tell them "No thanks!"

It got to the point where they would skip our house.

Although there was a weird mid-aged woman that lived across the street from us. She never walked or drove. Just rode on skates.

One morning some JW's stopped by at her house. The woman answered the door and had let them in. They were in the house for a good two hours. My mother and I were wondering what the hell was going on in there.

The woman killed herself the following week.

HS!

#177308 - 09/18/06 05:04 PM Invite them in... [Re: WolfMoon]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Alberta, Canada
... and then hook 'em up with Amway.

#177309 - 09/18/06 05:13 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: WolfMoon]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
The easiest way to get rid of missionaries is to agree to listen to their religious speil only if they do so while engaged in totally non-committant sexual acts.

"I'll listen to your story about Jesus and the Indians while you suck my dick." ~ Me.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#177310 - 09/18/06 05:36 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: Felstorm]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Er, "speaking in tongues"? Sorry.... For some reason this reminded me of the opening scene of Fight Club,

With a gun barrel between your teeth,
you speak only in vowels

Because I honestly think the possibility exists that an occasional missionary would happily take you up on your offer.... ... You know... "for god's sake."

#177311 - 09/18/06 05:50 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: Felstorm]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

"I'll listen to your story about Jesus and the Indians while you suck my dick." ~ Me.

I guess that's their way of making it "Awake".

HS!

#177312 - 09/18/06 07:18 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: Felstorm]
WolfMoon Offline

Quote:

The easiest way to get rid of missionaries is to agree to listen to their religious speil only if they do so while engaged in totally non-committant sexual acts.

Ha!

#177313 - 09/19/06 05:20 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: Felstorm]
Mr Sam Offline

Loc: Somewhere in the UK.
Quote:

A real win/win situation .

#177314 - 09/20/06 05:48 PM Re: My last answer to them [Re: Assabrah]
Stev2 Offline

That would be an entertaining goal!

#177315 - 09/21/06 11:50 PM Re: Door to door Mormons [Re: WolfMoon]
SultrySorceress Offline

Quote:

Then I started playing Devil's advocate. I figured "these assholes can come to my house and preach to me, then I will do just the same". Of course, what I offered was logical reasonings against their 'biblical authority'. I remained courteous and calm and would contradict their words with biblical quotes (that always throws them off). Using their own 'holy book' against them works the best. They kept pushing their faith and realized I wasn't buying it. They knew what I said made sense. They just could not admit it. All I know is that tonight, as they lie in bed, they will be doing something that they aren't used to : thinking. It was a gratifying experience.

I've done the same thing before...it is so much fun to see the look on their face when they can't explain their own "bible"! I've been brow beat with the "cristain bible" since I was old enough to walk...so I know their "bible" probably better than they do. If I stumped them to bad with a contradicting question they would tell me that I needed to get "saved real good" and then "pray and ask god about it." LOL!! What a JOKE!!

HS!

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
44001 Topics
406140 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements