Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#177339 - 07/11/06 11:39 PM Hail Rev. Ventrue!
Viking Offline

Loc: Tennessee, USA,
I am utterly impressed with your hard work to keep a well organized site going. Every time I log on, I can go where I wish to without some one throwing a pop up screen or invite at me unwarranted. Hail The Dark Tree!

Viking

#177340 - 07/12/06 10:01 AM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: Viking]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: Florida
If you're going to bother offering someone public acclaim, perhaps you should also bother to get his title right.

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

#177341 - 07/12/06 10:31 AM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: Virus9]
L. Kabron Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Quote:

If you're going to bother offering someone public acclaim, perhaps you should also bother to get his title right.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it is my understanding that using "Reverend" when referring to a "Magister" is perfectly alright. It says the following in the "Affiliation" section of churchofsatan.com:

"Registered Member (no degree)
Active Member—Satanist (First Degree)
Witch/Warlock (Second Degree)
Priestess/Priest (Third Degree)
Magistra/Magister (Fourth Degree)
Maga/Magus (Fifth Degree)

Those who hold the Third through Fifth degrees are all members of the Priesthood of Mendes and individuals with these titles may be called “Reverend.”"

Again, please correct me if I'm wrong???

http://www.myspace.com/lkabron

#177342 - 07/12/06 10:57 AM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: L. Kabron]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Well by golly! Mark your calander! I stand corrected!

You are indeed right. While I might personally find it a bit sloppy, it does appear to be excusable.

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

#177343 - 07/12/06 11:04 AM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: Virus9]
L. Kabron Offline

Quote:

Well by golly! Mark your calander! I stand corrected!

You are indeed right.

Yay!!! Do I get my devil horns and tail now?

#177344 - 07/12/06 12:02 PM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: Virus9]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The South Bay, CA
I did the same thing and corrected someone on calling a Magister, Rev.

I was proven wrong, it happens to the best of us. The CoS page does say that any Priesthood members can be called Rev, I just don't think you should call a Magister, Rev. Personal opinon.
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

"A man who limits his interests, limits his life." --Vincent Price

“Do what you want as long as it's paying off for you. But once it's become a liability, then something is wrong and you better find out what it is.” --Anton Szandor LaVey

"I have only ONE thing to say to trendy brain-dead music-centered youth: “ARBEIT MACHT FREI” SHITHEADS – PULL UP YOUR STUPID PANTS AND FORM A LINE AT THE PLATFORMS, THE TRAINS WILL BE ARRIVING SOON." --Magister James D. Sass

#177345 - 07/12/06 12:33 PM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: D. Macabre]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

I guess it could be worse. My girlfriend's been having a hell of a time getting people to call her "Reverend" instead of "Priestess".

-Lewis Lapham

-Winston Churchill

#177346 - 07/12/06 01:13 PM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: Virus9]
L. Kabron Offline

Quote:

I guess it could be worse. My girlfriend's been having a hell of a time getting people to call her "Reverend" instead of "Priestess".

Personally I like to be called Princess.

#177347 - 07/12/06 03:03 PM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: L. Kabron]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Yeah, but if I tried that with her, she'd just think I was talking to her cat. I usually stick with "Hunny-Bunny", which she at least responds to (usually with death threats ).

-Lewis Lapham

-Winston Churchill

#177348 - 07/12/06 06:12 PM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: Virus9]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

My personal opinion is the same as Mogg.

To me, a Priest/Priestess can be called Reverned. But a Magister and above deserve to be destinctive from the other grades; just as a Reverend is destinctive from a Warlock and a Warlock is destinctive from a Citizen.

I am very insistant about showing proper customs, curtasy, and respect to ranks and titles. Its probably a Marine thing.

#177349 - 07/12/06 10:24 PM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: L. Kabron]
Viking Offline

Loc: Tennessee, USA,
Just so you know, I remember when Magister Ventrue was called Reverend Ventrue. I ment no disrespect to him, I think he must have a great level of patience to work with all of us.

Also, he has a code of honor that I respect personally. The Church of Satan has been around for quite some time and has always shown me dignity and respect regardless of my title or standing. Am I a card carrying member? No. Do I research their resourses? Yes. Because they are accurate.

Anton LeVay went to great lengths to promote Satanic philosophy. In the midst of harsh ridicule and judgementalism. I may not share his personal belief system, but what I do share is the freedom to be. To be myself. I live in the here and now. Tomarrow is what it is. All I know is today.

Viking

#177350 - 07/12/06 10:37 PM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: CWH]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The South Bay, CA
Quote:

I am very insistant about showing proper customs, curtasy, and respect to ranks and titles. Its probably a Marine thing.

I think it's a uniformed service "thing".
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

"A man who limits his interests, limits his life." --Vincent Price

“Do what you want as long as it's paying off for you. But once it's become a liability, then something is wrong and you better find out what it is.” --Anton Szandor LaVey

"I have only ONE thing to say to trendy brain-dead music-centered youth: “ARBEIT MACHT FREI” SHITHEADS – PULL UP YOUR STUPID PANTS AND FORM A LINE AT THE PLATFORMS, THE TRAINS WILL BE ARRIVING SOON." --Magister James D. Sass

#177351 - 07/13/06 01:23 AM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: Viking]
SilverHammer Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut
Quote:

Anton LeVay went to great lengths

OK, NOW you're in trouble.

www.myspace.com/savagegod

#177352 - 07/13/06 05:11 AM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: SilverHammer]
Dallas Offline

Loc: Utah County, Utah, US
Yeah no shit. ha ha. Anyways HAIL REV. VENTRUE!!!

#177353 - 07/13/06 09:13 AM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: Viking]
ThaDeej Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Greenville, SC
So yea, back to the important matter of the topic, Magister Ventrue is a shining representation of our shared philosophies, and deserves the accolades given. I've only been a fixture in this forum for a short time, but I've already seen Ventrue as a successful business man and positive force in the Satanic community; a compleat Satanist if I may. Hailz to you Magister Ventrue! And much thanks for your efforts in supporting our shared network and helping provide us with access to some quite kick ass gear via the CoS Emporium.

www.vampiretemple.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43871 Topics
405537 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements