Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#177354 - 07/13/06 02:05 PM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: SilverHammer]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
Quote:

Anton LeVay went to great lengths

I always thought it was Anton LaVey, not LeVay, am i wrong?

#177355 - 07/13/06 02:51 PM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: Catalyst]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
You were correct... he was referring to a poster who was spelling it incorrectly.

But don't take my word for it... it's right there on the Satanic Bible

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#177356 - 07/13/06 02:55 PM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: Bruja]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
Eh i knew I was right, I just couldnt find the right smily to denote a hint of sarcasm with.

#177357 - 07/13/06 06:08 PM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: Catalyst]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

Eh i knew I was right, I just couldnt find the right smily to denote a hint of sarcasm with.

I haven't a clue which "smily" that could be.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#177358 - 07/13/06 06:30 PM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: CWH]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Doesn't the title Magister sound impressive? I like using it simply because it is distinctive.

It is like a lieutenant colonel being called a colonel. I always hated it because a full bird is being lowered to a mere LtC.

A first and second lieutenant are excusable simply because they are both rookies. But a man that has been around for a good 25 plus years deserve to be recognized as a superior.

I would not dare call a staff sergeant just plain sergeant.

I have been asked by some acquaintances why I use titles so much when talking to others even in just day to day banter. They claim it is because I am being submissive. The truth is I use such titles with those whom I respect even if we are friends. They would never understand. Spend a few years sweating, bleeding, and conquering and you will know what titles mean.

Of course not all who have titles are intelligent or worthwhile. But then I don’t really give them the respect by using those titles (unless it is business).

You know what I am saying, Devildog*?

*Sorry, the word just popped out.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#177359 - 07/13/06 06:36 PM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: Discipline]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

You know what I am saying, Devildog*?

*Sorry, the word just popped out.

Oh no!! You just Devildogged me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boo!!! Boo!!!

#177360 - 07/13/06 06:45 PM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: CWH]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Ha!!!

Yeah, I did. Whatca gonna do?

When I am working the "mean" streets of San Diego and I have to give warnings to Marines who happen to be doing something with poor judgement, I use the Devildog line.

It really works. If they get even more huffy and they have their rank on their car I will call them by their rank while I inform them of their bad driving habits.

It is a blast to be talking to a Master Sergeant. "Excuse me, Master Sergeant. Do you realize you just made an illegal U-turn? What was your reasoning for that? You do realize that with the amount of traffic passing through this intersect at any given time, an illegal U-turn can congest traffic or even injury another person. Do you think that was a wise choice, Master Sergeant?"

Yeah, I have fun with it.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#177361 - 07/13/06 06:53 PM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: Discipline]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Ha!!!

Yeah, I did. Whatca gonna do?

Write my congressmen!

Quote:

When I am working the "mean" streets of San Diego and I have to give warnings to Marines who happen to be doing something with poor judgement, I use the Devildog line.

It really works. If they get even more huffy and they have their rank on their car I will call them by their rank while I inform them of their bad driving habits.

It is a blast to be talking to a Master Sergeant. "Excuse me, Master Sergeant. Do you realize you just made an illegal U-turn? What was your reasoning for that? You do realize that with the amount of traffic passing through this intersect at any given time, an illegal U-turn can congest traffic or even injury another person. Do you think that was a wise choice, Master Sergeant?"

Yeah, I have fun with it.

Excellent! I'd have fun with it as well.

I've had a few former Marine policemen give me breaks for going a tab bit over the speed limit. Or once I forgot to use a turn signal even though I was in the turning lane.

I thought about the police force for when I get out, but I have to chase the entertainment/music scene first.

#177362 - 07/13/06 06:59 PM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: CWH]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

I usually do give breaks to serving men and women when I am working. However, they still get the lectures. Everyone gets the lectures. No one can escapes my stern lectures!

Good luck with the music career. It seems like it will be tough. But from what I have heard from you, you will do well.

#177363 - 07/13/06 07:12 PM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: Discipline]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

No one can escape my stern lectures!

That's good. Every now and then, a swift kick in the ass isn't always such a bad thing.

Quote:

Good luck with the music career. It seems like it will be tough. But from what I have heard from you, you will do well.

It will be and thank you!

#177364 - 07/13/06 11:26 PM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: SilverHammer]
Viking Offline

Loc: Tennessee, USA,
Are you a member of the Grammar police? Is your life so destitute of direction that you must accuse another of a simple missspelling?

Anton LeVay.....A man who defied curcumstances and those around his immediate circle to reach a goal. He met with a whole race of people that wanted change for the better. Change for the Satanic ideology.

I will stand by Anton Levay and that which he is a reprentative of - Individualism. The freedom to be different.

Viking

#177365 - 07/13/06 11:39 PM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: Viking]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
After all of that and you still spelled it wrong.

#177367 - 07/14/06 12:22 PM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: Quaark]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
Seeing how he has "been in contact with the CoS since 1995" if he can't spell Magus LaVey's name correctly now, he never will.

Oh, viking, now I am humiliating you
You deserve it for this repeated mistake!

SETI@Home Team

#177368 - 07/14/06 12:30 PM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: Viking]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
Quote:

Are you a member of the Grammar police? Is your life so destitute of direction that you must accuse another of a simple missspelling?

When in the midst of Satanists, one can only expect that others will lash you for misspelling the founder, our Good Doktor's name. Which by the way, is LaVey. He signed his letters in a couple of the books as ASLV. As in Anton Szandor LaVey.

#177369 - 07/14/06 12:58 PM Re: Hail Rev. Ventrue! [Re: Viking]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Allow me to interject here.

I have personally reprimanded users for being, as you say, "grammar police" (nevermind that the issue at hand is one of spelling, not grammar), but in this case it is entirely warranted. You have spelled Dr. LaVey's name multiple ways within the same post!

It is one thing to make a typo or mistake in spelling a long, multisyllabic word, but you are repeatedly misspelling a five-letter proper name, the name of a man you claim to admire. I'm not even sure you've spelled it entirely correctly once in this entire thread.

Sir, are you making an effort to be obtuse? For pete's sake, spell the man's name right in the future and be done with it!

I warn you against making issue of this. My attention was gained not because of your spelling, but because you are now making discourteous insults against other users, which we do not permit. Will you simply accept your mistake and learn from it, or will you allow counterproductive pride to bring you grief?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43974 Topics
406003 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements