Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#177437 - 07/12/06 05:14 PM Re: "Christian Love" at its Finest [Re: False_Messiah78]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
Actually- I would like it a lot more if it did not turn out to be a typo… can you imagine- people not wanting to talk to you\ girls not wanting to date you because you're a Christian? Utopia!

*Deleted*
Just realized I pretty much said what false messiah said just in other words.. silly.
I'm going to get some decent sleep.

Edited by The_Lightning (07/12/06 05:18 PM)

#177438 - 07/12/06 05:15 PM Re: "Christian Love" at its Finest [Re: Bruja]
ModernTantalus Offline

I don't tell them that I'm a Satanist for obvious reasons, but the question of faith invariably comes up eventually as you get to know a person. I don't tell them what I am. I simply tell them what I am NOT. I've decided that it's time to stop pretending to be something else to make someone else happy. I'm better off without narrow minded people, but it's a bitch when you've been talking to someone for a few months, gotten attached, and suddenly get dumped by the wayside for something you can't control. Anyway, that's enough emo bitching for today.

#177440 - 07/12/06 08:53 PM Re: "Christian Love" at its Finest [Re: Bruja]
man_mind Offline
Banned

I agree Bruja.

It just seems like common sense to me. Even while I personally dislike wearing the sheep fur in some cases, there are times when it is neccesary.

This article proves that this was one of those times.

Self preservation!

No one here can tell me that this "athiest family" had no idea the bulk of this very tiny society were bible thumpers.

That's almost like saying that you didn't know SLC was made up of Mormons.

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#177441 - 07/12/06 09:12 PM Re: "Christian Love" at its Finest [Re: DraconisLuciferi]
SueW Offline
CoS Member

Loc: TN,United States
Nashville is also referred to as the "belt buckle of the Bible Belt."

#177442 - 07/13/06 10:14 AM Re: "Christian Love" at its Finest [Re: ModernTantalus]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
Ah trust me, we always have and always will have an overabundance of these shitstain jesus freaks in NE Ohio. I live just outside of Akron and it is worse than any other place I have been.

#177443 - 07/13/06 10:56 AM Re: "Christian Love" at its Finest [Re: Catalyst]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
So what area is 'safe' then in the U.S? As soon as christianity entered and they wanted to bring civilisation, the dark ages started, in some area's it still sounds like the dark ages are there to me.

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#177444 - 07/13/06 01:12 PM Re: "Christian Love" at its Finest [Re: x9x]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
So what area is 'safe' then in the U.S?

Any of the major cities in New York (Buffalo, Syracuse, Rochester, NYC, Albany) and their suburbs.

The Northeastern U.S. is pretty much 'safe'. I've been to Boston on Christmas several times with a Jewish scout troup and never had any problems.

We tend to be a wee bit more tolerant in the educated Northeast than the rest of the country. (I'm talking in-general here.)

My city, for example has a significant homosexual population. As far as I am aware there has never been any problem with this. There is also a significant Jewish population too [~6% (Nat'l stat is ~2%)] so they tend to keep the Xtians in check.

SETI@Home Team

#177445 - 07/13/06 01:38 PM Re: "Christian Love" at its Finest [Re: x9x]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
There is no escape . Seriously, though, the Xtians are an overpopulating plague in most areas of this country. My sole impression of a true sanctuary from them used to be in the comfort of my own home. Then they started showing up at my door! I have a solution: first we need an island big enough to hold them all...

#177446 - 07/13/06 02:06 PM Re: "Christian Love" at its Finest [Re: Catalyst]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
Damn,sounds like DAWN OF THE DEAD to me, "there's no escape, they're everywhere.

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#177447 - 07/13/06 05:54 PM Re: "Christian Love" at its Finest [Re: x9x]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I reside in a timid area, it is so tolerate that illegal immigrants are allowed to protest in the streets. California seems to think guns are no-nos’. It is not as bad as Europe concerning gun control but the closest thing the US has to it.

The Northwest is a nice area as well. However, instead of a laissez faire laid back attitude there seems to be an upbeat anti-establishment attitude up North. Which is the lesser evil of the two? Well, that is up to the individual to decide. Both have their pros and cons concerning a more neutral person.

As for Christian influence, the West Coast has it fair share. However, the closer you get to the larger cities the less it has any real pull.

The US is only as bad as its localized population. The rural areas seem to have a dominate Christian preference. The cities are fairly decompressed on such trivial things.

The truth is, we are all savages.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#249650 - 06/19/07 11:03 AM Re: "Christian Love" at its Finest [Re: Virus9]
pjz20 Offline

Loc: Philippines
I say quite deliberately that the christian religion, as organized in its churches has been and still is the principle enemy of moral progress in the world. - >Betrand Russel<

#250262 - 06/21/07 06:46 PM Re: "Christian Love" at its Finest [Re: DraconisLuciferi]
AztecRed Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
 Originally Posted By: Citizen_Dracul
 Quote:
The ignorance can get pretty bad in the tiny towns that are in the middle of nowhere, but most of central Oklahoma is alright. But, there is still a reason Oklahoma is referred to as the "belt buckle" of the bible belt. I hate the panhandle though, I still am not sure why anyone would want to live there.

Damn, I was thinking that South Carolina was the Belt Buckle of the Bible Belt?

Oklahoma is home to Oral Roberts. He was the original "super evangelist" from which all the others (Falwell, Dobson, Hagard, etc) drew their inspiration and pretty much owe their existence to.

I tend to agree with the notion that we are indeed the buckle on the bible belt.

#250264 - 06/21/07 06:54 PM Re: "Christian Love" at its Finest [Re: Discipline]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Wow! Thanks that was certainly worthy of bumping a year old thread.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#250267 - 06/21/07 07:06 PM Re: "Christian Love" at its Finest [Re: Maya]
AztecRed Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
 Originally Posted By: Maya
While this story is certainly disgusting, it is hardly surprising. Many people seem to think that the days of blind hatred and intolerance in this country are over. They aren't. The territory has just been consolidated.

What I can't understand is why this man wouldn't want to leave town. It sounds like a perfect shithole. For his own sake and that of his family, he should get as far away from these scumbags as possible.

Personally, I wouldn't leave town. If you let one group of idiots run you off, you set yourself up to be run off by all the other idiots of the world. Eventually you'll find yourself running from every idiot on earth. There are times you should run and there are times you should stand firm and hold your ground. I think this was a good time to stand.

And from what i've heard, the family in question owned a large amount of land (80 acre ranch). I wouldn't dare let someone run me from that much land.

#250684 - 06/24/07 01:14 AM Re: "Christian Love" at its Finest [Re: Catalyst]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
I wonder what were to happen should religion be abolished both publicly and privately in the United States.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12013 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405204 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements